The Return To Treasure Island: The Ultimate Rivalry Lives Again!

It was an accident, of course ;)

Oh and Jnr has scored a senior goal for Gimnastic :thup: He's getting way too many cards though :D

KUTGW dodge fb updates :thup:

Yeah yeah you would say it was an accident. (Dirty cheating southerner)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rufio looks a much improved player and his stats, even if most are for the reserve team, still look great. Really good to see he got to play 3 games for the first team and managed an appearance in the Champions League at only 17 years old!

Good to see he's still valued highly and now all Rufio needs to do is start playing for the national team again. Hopefully the disappointing draw against Singapore will give the manager a reason to make changes, not that anyone should ever need a reason to include van Pieters in the starting XI...

Poles Too Slippery For NTI | STI Take It Easy

Poland v. Northern Treasure Islands

Date: 06.06.09

Competition: International Friendly

Venue: Floriana Krygiera, Szczecin

NTI Line-up (4-4-2): Harrow; Jonathan, Alvaro Brown, Hamilton, Twigge Jr; Blanco, McBob Jnr. ©, Barkely, Iglesias; Collingwood, Gonzalez JR

Subs: Almond, Tner, Boyle, Browne, Bojangles, Flash

NTI had set themseleves up with a tough away clash against Poland and the experienced Poles proved too tough for the young Caribbean boys. Early pressure produced a goal for Poland immediately as Twigge Jr failed to intercept a slow pass and Jalen nipped in to score at the far post. NTI were rattled and Poland took advantage and kept coming forward. The second goal came on 20 minutes and once more a defensive slip, this time from Alvaro Brown, allowed Murawski to score with a simple chance. Alvaro Brown seemed to have injured himself in the process and came off shortly afterwards with Tner his replacement. NTI boss McBob took the opportunity to dispatch instructions and NTI were then able to shore up the defence until half time. The second half was quite a bizarre event as Poland dominated possession but created no chances, while NTI saw little of the ball but broke forward often. Jonathan had a couple of oong range efforts and Iglesias was also threatening on the right wing. Unfortunately for NTIi their efforts were either off target or easily saved by the keeper. Collingwood and Gonzalez JR were paticularly wasteful up front but the NTI management saw no need for any further subs. There was time for one more goal but in came on the break for Poland. This time Blanco was the culprit, giving the ball away cheaply leading to a second goal for Jalen. A disappointing scoreline compounded by some defensive errors then but NTI can take some heart from the number of chances they were able to create in the game.

Final Score: Poland 3, NTI 0 | NTI Player Ratings & Stats

Attendance: 17,776

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

St Martin v. Southern Treasure Islands

Date: 06.06.09

Venue: National Stadium

STI Line-up (4-4-2): Brookes; Hasek, Ferguson, Stigarakis, Cardiovascular; Hart Jnr, Smith, James II ©, Gingerbread Jnr; Kroeger Jnr., Dodgson

Subs: Blackbeard, Bobinho Jr, Philippens, Crazy, Lemon, Healy, van Pieters, Castagnoli

STI had decided to start off their summer in slighty easier fashion with a trip to minnow Caribbean neighbours St Martin. A win was expected and the STI boys delivered thanks to an impressive first half display. The opening goal came on 10 minutes as Kroeger Jnr. gathered the ball from a corner and set up Ondrej Hasek for an easy goal. STI had the better of the play after that with Smith and James II bossing the midfield and all of the back four on form when called upon. The second goal came from a free kick on the left side. Smith curled in the ball and Kroeger Jnr. got his head to it first to allow STI to head into the dressing rooms 2 goals up. The second half was fairly quiet and with the odd chance coming STI’s way. Brookes had to go off injured just after the hour mark as he twisted his knee when taking a goal kick, allowing Blackbeard to enter the fray. Bobinho Jr also came on for the woeful Hart Jnr late in the game and Philippens was given a chance to stretch his legs as Kroeger Jnr. made way. An easy and expected victory for STI.

Final Score: St Martin 0, STI 2 | STI Player Ratings & Stats

Man of the Match: Heinrich Kroeger Jnr. (8.2)

Attendance: 1,856

Uff - not even in the starting line up - Hawkinis call to the heavens and saving all those orphans are falling on deaf ears... unless he was injured! <Hopeful look> - has he moved clubs yet? is he being paid more than the Mexican minimum wage yet?

Uff - not even in the starting line up - Hawkinis call to the heavens and saving all those orphans are falling on deaf ears... unless he was injured! <Hopeful look> - has he moved clubs yet? is he being paid more than the Mexican minimum wage yet?

Hawkini will indeed be featured in the transfer news ahead of the 2009/10 season but I can't say anything about how many pesos (or any other currency) he'll be earning... ;)

Good victory for STI, but some poor performances mixed in with the good ones!!

Fred injured whilst taking a goal kick :eek: muppet! How long am I out for?

Twisted knee so 3-4 weeks. He'll be fit for pre-season training but he'll miss the next friendly against cyprus.

Poland was always going to be a tough game. Glad we managed to test the keeper and get some shots on target. Possession was awful though. I think McBob needs to give Benat a free role to run at the defence when he likes :D

Great updates as always Dodge

NTI Cruise Past Cuba | STI Take It Easy Again

Cuba v. Northern Treasure Islands

Date: 10.06.09

Venue: Juan Abrantes, Havana

NTI Line-up (4-4-2): Almond; Crichlow, Fleita, Suarez, Twigge Jr; Bojangles, McBob Jnr. ©, Barkley, Iglesias; Browne, Gonzalez JR

Subs: Tner, Flash, Alvaro Brown, Hamilton, Jonathan, Boyle, Collingwood

NTI boss McBob made several changes from the Poland game as the players who had messed up defensively were dropped. Only Twigge Jr kept his place in the back four as three mysterious grey-looking players were drafted in. Almond came in in place of Harrow, Bojangles also replaced Blanco on the right wing and Browne was picked over Collingwood. The first half was evenly matched with both sides enjoying time on the ball and some half-decent chances. The game really came to life in the second half though with a flurry of goals starting just after the hour mark. NTI struck first as Bojangles made a good run down the right before crossing to Browne, who justified his manager’s decisio to start him by heading home. NTI’s celebrations were cut short though as Cuba equalised straight from the re-start through Léster Moré. NTI went ahead again though a minute later as Barkely played a lovely through ball into the path of Browne, who beat the keeper with a low drive into the corner. The same two players combined on 77 minutes with a quick one-two allowing Browne to open up space, round the keeper and tap into an empty net. That was how the score remained representing a good turn around from the errors which had cost them in the previous match.

Final Score: Cuba 1, NTI 3 | NTI Player Ratings & Stats

Man of the Match: Jack Browne (9.5)

Attendance: 10,785

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cyprus v. Southern Treasure Islands

Date: 10.06.09

Venue: Antonis Papadopoulos, Larnaka

STI Line-up (4-4-2): Blackbeard; Hasek, Ferguson, Stigarakis, Cardiovascular; Bobinho Jr, Smith, James II ©, Gingerbread Jnr; Kroeger Jnr., Dodgson

Subs: Lemon, van Pieters, Hart Jnr, Crazy, Castagnoli, Healy, Philippens

STI followed up Caribbean sun with the Mediterranean variety as they headed to Cyprus for their second summer friendly. There were only two changes as Blackbeard came in for the injured Brookes and Bobinho Jr was preferred to Hart Jnr on the right wing. STI pretty much controlled the game from start to finish, only allowing a handful of chances for their opponents which were easily dealt with by Ferguson and Stigarakis at the back. Cardiovascular forced the keepr into a couple of saves from some vicious free kicks and Gingerbread Jnr had chances too but it was to be the striking partnership who provided the goals. First of all, on 35 minutes Gingrebread Jnr crossed from the left for Kroeger Jnr. to score another of his now trademark headers. Dodgson scored the other goal in the second half from a Tom Smith through ball. He picked up an injury shortly afterwards alowing Gus Crazy to come on. Hart Jnr, van Pieters, Healy and Philippens were also given late run outs but the score remained the same, giving the Southerners another friendly win.

Final Score: Cyprus 0, STI 2 | STI Player Ratings & Stats

Man of the Match: Theo Stigarakis (7.8)

Attendance: 9,986

A bit of disappointing news - I've just had a look at the fixtures for the new season and it seems that neither side has any friendlies or international fixtures of any kind until June 2010! :eek:

On the bright side, that means I can get the 2009/10 season done quickly. :thup:

A bit of disappointing news - I've just had a look at the fixtures for the new season and it seems that neither side has any friendlies or international fixtures of any kind until June 2010! :eek:

On the bright side, that means I can get the 2009/10 season done quickly. :thup:

You could even just leave out everything but the transfer news for the summer and jan updates, then just finish the season with a big update. That would really speed along what sounds like a quite boring season on the international front.

September 2009 Player Update

Lowest Valued Players

[/font][/color][u][color=black][font=Courier New]No.[/font][/color][/u][color=black][font=Courier New]  [u]Player[/u]             [u]Nation[/u]  [u]Club[/u]       [u]Value[/u][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New] [/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]1.   Jack Harrow        NTI     Swansea    ₤12k[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]2.   Fred Brookes       STI     Barnet     ₤16k[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]3=.  Hawkini            NTI     Zacatepec  ₤18k[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]3=.  James Almond       NTI     Badalona   ₤18k[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]5.   Cristobal Blanco   NTI     Barnet     ₤28k[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]6.   Blackbeard         STI     Sporting   ₤30k[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]7=.  Theo Stigarakis    STI     Crewe      ₤55k[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]7=.  Ondrej Hasek       STI     Perugia    ₤55k[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]9.   Alex Barkley       NTI     Inverness  ₤70k[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]10.  Craig Healy        STI     Porto      ₤75k[/font][/color][color=black][font=Verdana]

Transfers

As you may have noticed from the above list, there have been a few moves over the summer. All of the details can be found below:

[/font][/color][u][color=black][font=Courier New]Player[/font][/color][/u][color=black][font=Courier New]            [u]Nation[/u]  [u]From[/u]        [u]To[/u]             [u]Fee[/u][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New] [/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]James Almond      NTI     Gimnastic   Badalona       ₤18k[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]Robert Boyle      NTI     Crewe       Blackpool      ₤275k[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]Robert Blowcrapup NTI     Roda JC     Dundee Utd     ₤130k[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]Mikey Twigge Jr   NTI     Brescia     Rangers        ₤375k[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]Hawkini           NTI     Chivas      Zacatepec      ₤18k[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]Ondrej Hasek      STI     Ascoli      Perugia        ₤55k[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]Blackbeard        STI     Gil Vicente Sporting CP    ₤30k[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]Molind Tner       NTI     Ajax        VVV            Loan[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]John Lemon        STI     Ajax        Volendam       Loan[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]Bobinho           STI     FC Bayern   -              Released from contract[/font][/color][color=black][font=Verdana]

· James Almond is obviously hoping for more regular first team action as he joins Liga adelante new boys Badalona.

· Hawkini may have had similar thoughts as he gives up on holding out for a first team chance at Chivas to join Zacatepec, who have just been promoted to the First Division A in Mexico.

· Ondrej Hasek is now on the third club of his career already as he joing Serie C side Perugia.

· Despite relegation from League 1 last year, Robert Boyle obviously impressed some scouts as Championship side Blackpool beat Cardiff and Derby to his signature.

· Blackbeard has taken a jump up as he ditches Gil Vicente for a shot at fame with Sporting Lisbon.

· Scotland seems to be a popular destination for the NTI boys as Mikey Twigge and Robert Blowcrapup join Alex Barkley north of the border with Martin Bojangles set to arrive in January.

· Ajax have decided first team football (and perhaps some time apart ;)) is what thier Treasure Islanders need as both Tner and Lemon are sent to Eredivisie sides on season-long loan deals.

· What is to become of Bobinho Jr? He was released from his contract by Bayern without explanation on 20th June and did not sign for a new club before the transfer window closed, despite interest from Weder Bremen, FSV Frankfurt and Dinamo Dresden.

Other Player News

• Tom Smith has returned to Real Madrid after last season’s loan spell at Castellon. He is now being tutored by Wesley Sjneider.
  • Benat Fernandez Iglesias has been in fine form for Chivas USA making 20 appearances, scoring 7 goals and contributing 4 assists. With 8 games of the regular season to go, his side are just inside the play-off places.
  • Robert Boyle, Ondrej Hasek and Hawkini have all featured regularly for their new clubs as they are ever-present so far this season.
  • Lawrence Lazewski has managed to break into the first team at Ösnabrück and is ever-present there also.
  • There is only one major injury affecting any of our players at the moment: Martin Bojangles is out for 2 more months after tearing a calf muscle early in pre-season training at Adelaide.

Staff Update

Last season we saw the ‘legends’ from the previous incarnation of this thread re-emerge to lead their former national sides to glory and saw some of them take up club jobs as well so here is a quick update of who’s doing what and where:

• Despite relegation from League 1 last season, Crewe have kept faith with NTI U20 manager Mikey Twigge to lead them straight back up. Interesting that he allowed the sale of NTI youngster Boyle over the summer though while hanging onto STI defender Stigarakis, whom he publically criticised on more than one ocassion last season.
  • NTI goalkeeping coach Jack Harrow remains on the books at FC Utrecht. Likewise, his STI counterpart Heinrich Kroeger is still employed by Hannover.
  • Brendanio is still the assistnt manager at New York and secured a job as youth coach for STI countryman Bobinho.
  • The Stig is now youth coach at League 2 side Cheltenham in addition to his STI U20 job.
  • Goalscoring legend Captain Gingerbread is now fitness coach at Bundesliga outfit Kaiserslautern.
  • Adam Flash has decided to supplement his income as an NTI coach with a part time post as assistant manager at BSP side Telford.
  • STI boss Jason de Mire and assistant Ramiro remain dedicated to their work with the national side though as do NTI counterparts Bob McBob and Pablo Gonzalez.

On a side note, a quick player search has just revealed that we have regens for both nations and a couple of them actually look quite good! :thup: I’ll take a few screenies and include a ‘regen watch’ feature as part of the season updates from now on.

Tner happy to go on loan, but sad to see his spot taken on the national team

NTI national Molind Tner has stated that he´s happy to go on a loan to VVV hopefully to get some first team experience. He also states that it was much needed to show the national team coach, that he is the man of the future in the central defence. Rumor has it, however, that the club forced both Tner and Lemon to go on loan to ease the tension in the club. Tner has on several ocasions been a bully to Lemon and wedgies and spanking with wet towels has become daily rutines.

Kutgw :)

· Blackbeard has taken a jump up as he ditches Gil Vicente for a shot at fame with Sporting Lisbon.

Ooh, Sporting! I welcome the move if it guarantees me a better chance of playing more club matches. Ridiculous that Gil Vicente left me out of their starting XI, though that might have been partly due to the controversial comments I made at my unveiling with them. :D

Well done to STI for picking ourselves up after our World Cup Qualifiers heartbreak and returning to our winning ways with the victories over St. Martin and Cyprus, though I would like to see us challenge top quality sides soon. :thup:

And Fred, it seems us two goalkeepers are rather fragile. It is probably good for us both though, one of us gets his time between the sticks while the other is in the treatment room cuddling up to the cute female physio and then we rotate. :)

KUTGW DodgeeD!

P.S. Again, sorry for the lack of posts in recent times. Been quite busy in real life that restricts my time at the computer.

By the way, is Craig Healy and Juan Alvaro Brown still at Porto, and is there anyone else with me at Sporting?

If they still are:

Craig, you make me look good at the Estádio José Alvalade by working in unison with me on some choreographed impressive saves, I'll make you look good at the Estádio do Dragão by letting you score some long-range rockets. :D

Juan, on the other hand, I'll attempt to give you a concussion every time you come up for corners and free-kicks in my penalty box. :thup:

BADALONA TIMES

Almond happy with move

In a brief statement to this paper new goalkeeper James Almond has professed his relief at moving to a new team. when asked why he moved he replied "I moved from Gimnastic as there was a bad feeling between Heinrich Kroeger jr and myself. This was down to him being a Southern Softie from STI and me being well a superior player from NTI. I am relieved to be away from an atmosphere like that. I also want to make my mark on this league and get into the 1st team as soon as possible."

It remains to be seen if his former team mate will reply to Almond's comments but the war between them still seems to go on.

Report by Pablo Estes

By the way, is Craig Healy and Juan Alvaro Brown still at Porto, and is there anyone else with me at Sporting?

If they still are:

Craig, you make me look good at the Estádio José Alvalade by working in unison with me on some choreographed impressive saves, I'll make you look good at the Estádio do Dragão by letting you score some long-range rockets. :D

Juan, on the other hand, I'll attempt to give you a concussion every time you come up for corners and free-kicks in my penalty box. :thup:

Sounds like a good deal to me mate sure we can work something out ;)

Hopefully I'll get some first team action this season!

BADALONA TIMES

Almond happy with move

In a brief statement to this paper new goalkeeper James Almond has professed his relief at moving to a new team. when asked why he moved he replied "I moved from Gimnastic as there was a bad feeling between Heinrich Kroeger jr and myself. This was down to him being a Southern Softie from STI and me being well a superior player from NTI. I am relieved to be away from an atmosphere like that. I also want to make my mark on this league and get into the 1st team as soon as possible."

It remains to be seen if his former team mate will reply to Almond's comments but the war between them still seems to go on.

Report by Pablo Estes

Kroeger Jnr was later asked about Almond's comments later in the day and he had this to say : Meh. The Northener can crap all he likes about us being softies but we all know they are right tits. I pity his new club. and went on his merry way.

2009/10 Regen Watch

The first batch of regens have come through for both nations and so I’ve picked out the best three* from North and South for you to look at. Maybe they will be challenging for spots in the national side soon! ;) Or, at the very least, they can flesh out the squad once we start getting to major tournaments:

*My intention is to pick the players with a PA of 150+ or, failing that, the top three by PA each season.

Southern Treasure Islands

Player: Doug Black

D.O.B: 28.03.1993

Position: GK

First Club: Cove Bay Pirates (STI)

Current Club: Cove Bay Pirates

Caps: -

Only 16 so he has plenty of time to develop and should provide some cover in the future whenever Blackbeard or Brookes are unavailable.

Player: Jake Puckett

D.O.B: 06.08.1993

Position: D/WB R

First Club: Cost Right (STI)

Current Club: Cost Right

Has the potential to be a dcent player and has already attracted interest from some League One and Two sides.

Player: Callum Hayward

D.O.B: 28.02.1991

Position: DM. AMC

First Club: Cost Right (STI)

Current Club: Cost Right

Certainly has the determination to succeed but can he cut it in the European leagues?

Northern Treasure Islands

Player: Peter Chappell

D.O.B: 26.09.1989

Position: GK

First Club: Merchants FC (NTI)

Current Club: West Brom (loan)

Interesting to see a regen coming through aged 20 but obviously has talent as he was immediately noticed by a host of English clubs and moved to West Brom in the January transfer window on a loan deal until the end of the season with a future fee of ₤150k inserted.

Player: Paul Barron

D.O.B: 28.02.1990

Position: AMR

First Club: Ideal (NTI)

Current Club: Inverness CT

Another player with obvious talent as he was signed within weeks of appearing in the game. The interesting thing is he was signed by St Mirren initially on a free transfer. He joined then on Jan 8th 2010 but within a week (Jan 14th to be precise) he had been purchased by Inverness for ₤60k! Alex Barkley must hav had a hand in that methinks. ;)

Player: Jordan McNally

D.O.B: 25.10.1991

Position: DC

First Club : Ideal (NTI)

Current Club: Ideal (NTI)

Another good prospect for NTI. Unlike his fellow regens, he hasn’t been picked up by any other clubs yet but time will tell...

January 2010 Transfer window update coming later today. :thup:

Archived