The Return To Treasure Island: The Ultimate Rivalry Lives Again!

Castagnoli didn't want to play in this friendly anyway, saving himself for more prestigious games against a higher level of opposition.

Er, mate, it was a World Cup Qualifier. ;)

Ugh... how long does the knock have Ondrej out for Dodgee?
Bruised ribs - out for 9 to 12 days. He'll be back for the return leg though. :thup:
Great work Dodge love the clips :thup:

Thanks mate. I intend to do extended highlights for the really big games later on.

Don't worry if you didn't play this time. I've already taken the game past the next set of matches and a few more players get their debuts next time. ;)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Highland News

Reporter: Your first cap for STI. Are you pleased?

CV: I was pleased. I think I performed alright and I was pleased with my performance.

Reporter: Do you think you impressed the boss?

CV: I'm not sure. I heard from the captain that he gave him a daisy chain, and the boss fell head over heels.

Reporter: Intriguing, how do you feel about that?

CV: Meh :shrug:

Reporter: Are you hopeful that you'll start the next match?

CV: I think so, I intend to give Mr De Mere a cake, so fingers crossed.

Reporter: Cheers fer yir time lad

Excellent stuff Dodgee :thup:

Real Madrid TV

Reporter: Are you pleased with your performance in your first international match

Tom Hamilton: Yes, i am satisfied. It was great to get out there and dominate in the air like i did today. A clean sheet is a great way to start and hopefully more will follow.

Reporter: STI also opened their WCQ Campaign today with an impressive 2-0 win. How do you think they will fare in the second leg?

Hamilton: Well, obviously they are a bunch of softies so i am hoping that they will lose and go out of the WCQ's

Reporter: But what about your "friend" Tom Smith? Surely you won't want your friend and team mate to be knocked out?

Hamilton: Well, i want to have a laugh at his expense and call him a Softie from the South so i wouldn't mind. But our relationship at the club is far different to when/if we face each other in internationals

Reporter: Thanks for your time Tom, much appreciated

Hamilton: No problem.

Great to see me dominating in defense, KUTGW :thup::D

Rumor has it that Tner had his place in the starting elleven taken away due to him having girls at his room the night before the game.

"No comment" was all the press managed to get out of the player after the match. He did however have a huge yet suspect smile on his lips.

Treasure Island Squad News

After a break of a month, the Northern and Southern Treasure Islands are preparing to take to the field again in the return legs of their respective first phase, first round matches. Both nations hold slender leads going into the matches and will be hoping to advance to the next round.

Mikey Twigge Jnr is likely to be fuming with his father for 'holding him back' as he is included in the U20 side once again. Apart from that, the only absentee for NTI is Pablo Gonzalez JR, who broke his arm after diving out of the way of a speeding car outside the Bayern Muncih training ground. There are unsubstantiated rumours that team mate and STI rival Bobinho Jr was behind the wheel but the STI player has denied this, pointing out that he isn't old enough to drive yet.

STI, meanwhile, have again overlooked Bobinho Jr, who remains in the U20 squad. This time, he has been joined by Captain Gingerbread Jnr, leaving the STI manager with an 18 man squad.

NEWSFLASH - What the Has-ek? :confused:

A breaking story from the MLS: ahead of the new season, Chivas USA have released STI youngster Ondrej Hasek from his contract. We have no details as to why at present but the decision was made after Chivas USA completed their pre-season friendlies, in which Hasek made two appearances. Rumours have immediately surfaced of a spat between the STI full-back and NTI winger Bernat Fernandez Iglesias but, as of yet, neither player has been available for comment.

Hasek is now looking for a new club with Bulgarian side Levski Sofia said to be interested.

NTI: Exclusive Interview

Reporter: 1st things things first Pablo, Congratulations on your NTI debut the other week!

Pablo Gonzalez Jnr: Thank you very much, i swear it had nothing to do with my dad being the assistant manager

Reporter: Oh no i wasn't implying that at all, by your performance we can see that it was a sound decision to include you.

Pablo Gonzalez: was there a question in there?

Reporter: err no, anyway do you think that this so called 'second coming' of NTI players can emulate the legends of the past.

Pablo Gonzalez: Absolutely I think we can. Not only that but i think we can go better. I've seen the squad in training and there are some very talented players who all still have time develop.

Reporter: Now onto more pressing matters, your arm is in a rather hefty looking cast, can you tell us what's wrong?

Pablo Gonzalez: It's a stress fracture to my lower arm and it hurts.

Reporter: There are rumours flying about that you sustained your injury manouvering out of the way of a speeding car driven by your bayern team mate Bobinho Jr, can you confirm or deny this?

Pablo Gonzalez: I did break it jumping out the way of a car, im not sure whether it was speedng or not and whilst i didnt see the driver im sure it wasn't Bobinho Jr. Whilst we might not be friends there is no reason for him or anyone to deliberately run me down.

Reporter: Thank you, thats all the time we have Pablo. Join in next time when i will be interviewing this young man's dad.

A Note from Ondrej Hasek:

I feel like it's time I broke the silence over my recent release from Chivas USA. Many of the high media types want to blame my former teammate from Chivas USA Bernat Fernandez Iglesias. Well, those high media folks are correct. It came about on a trip to LA to build some team unity. We each ordered for each other at a Mexican fast food joint and needed to trust our roomate. Well, I decided to give Iglesias the hottest thing on the menu and needless to say, his bowels weren't right for a few days, hence why he missed the friendly against Seattle. He didn't take well to my joke and demanded to Preki that despite my talent I be cut from the roster. He got his wish and too be honest, I'm better off for it. If they want that crazy maniac from the NTI on their team that's fine with me. I'm off to prove myself at a big club, wonder whose gonna come calling now!

What a great last few days. First of all I get the call from McBob telling me I'm in the N.T.I. squad for the World Cup qualifier. I then perform to a great standard in the 2-1 win. The best news of all though was Hasek being released by Preki. As a left winger himself, the manager knows you need confidence in the players behind you. I had a word with him expressing my concerns about Hasek's team ethic and overall soft nature. I heard he asked to be substituted in the recent international due to bruised ribs. A bit of a bruise and he wants to be taken off the pitch :confused: Chivas is no place for a player like that. The club will be much better now and I will be able to continue my excellent displays with no worries about the players behind me.

Excerpt from diary of Benat Fernandez Iglesias dated 30/04/09

Jack Harrow happy with first cap,aims to go to Holland.

In the interview with the young goalkeeper,Jack Harrow Jr is happy to be given his first cap and it would be a good future for him

we have also asked him if where would he interested to go and he have stated Holland's Feyenoord and Sundenland to follow his father footsteps but he added that helping Southend would be his first priority.

PS:Maybe he will follow his father and return before he retires =P

NTI Deflower Virgin Isles While STI Are Made To Sweat

Northern Treasure Islands v. British Virgin Isles

Date: 23.06.08

Competition: World Cup Quals (NAM), 1st Phase, 1st Round, Leg 2

Venue: Capital City Stadium, Capital City

NTI Line-up (4-4-2): Harrow; Jonathan, Hamilton, Brown, Lazewski; Blanco, McBob Jnr. ©, Flash, Iglesias; Browne, Collingwood

Subs: Almond, Bojangles, Boyle, Blowcrapup, Hawkini, Tner

1st Half: NTI boss McBob stuck with largely the same side that took to the field in the first leg, the only changes being Alvaro Brown coming in to the centre of defence in place of Hawkini and Jack Browne making his first start due to Pablo Gonzalez JR’s injury. NTI had shown signs of their potential in the first game but here they set about showing their full potential as they dominated their opponents from start to finish. Collingwood and Flash had good early chances but it was a defender who opened the scoring on 36 minutes when NTI won a free kick 25 yards out. Up stepped centre back Tom Hamilton who fired an ustoppable shot into the back of the net to put his team a goal up going into the break.

Half Time Score: NTI 1, VGB 0

2nd Half: The second period continued in much the same vein and any hopes the British Virgin Isles had of mounting a comeback evaporated when they had a player sent off for a professional foul just before the hour mark. Tom Hamilton took the responsibility of taking the resulting penalty, which he cooly slotted home for his second of the game! More goals were inevitable and indeed they came. Next on the scoresheet was Josh Collingwood who collected a short free kick from Ben Flash and then advanced on the goal unchallenged before scoring a 30-yard effort. The rout was completed by Robert Blowcrapup, on as a sub, who marked his debut with a goal when he received McBob Jnr’s fine pass and hit it first time from the edge of the area. NTI then racked up an easy win without even allowing their opponents a shot on goal.

Final Score: NTI 4, VGB 0 (NTI advance 6-1 on aggregate) | NTI Player Ratings & Stats

Man of the Match: Tom Hamilton (9.0)

Attendance: 85,554

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bahamas v. Southern Treasure Islands

Date: 23.06.08

Competition: World Cup Quals (NAM), 1st Phase, 1st Round, Leg 2

Venue: Thomas Robinson, Nassau

STI Line-up (4-4-2): Brookes; van Pieters, Hasek, Ferguson, Lemon; Hart Jnr, Burrows, Smith, James II ©; Dodgson, Crazy

Subs: Castagnoli, Stigarakis, Philippens, Kroeger Jnr., Healy

1st Half: STI arrived in the Bahamas with the lead but they also knew they still had a job to do. Jason de Mire had made just one change from the first game with Liam Ferguson brought in for his first start. The game couldn’t have started better for the Southern Islanders as they put Bahamas under pressure early on and prevented them from getting into the game. Even an injury to Paul Hart Jnr, who went off with a pulled hamstring on 28 minutes, couldn’t break their momentum as they continued to control the game. Despite enjoying the better of the match, STI were a little wasteful in front of goal with Gus Crazy missing a real sitter on 15 minutes as he fired staright at the keeper when he was completely unmarked in the area. He made up for it just before the break though as Tom Smith played a lovely ball out of defence. Crazy showed his pace to get to the ball first and place the ball beyond the keeper and into the net.

Half Time Score: Bahamas 0, STI 1

2nd Half: 2 up o aggregate and with an away goal, STI came out onto the pitch for the second half looking smug, as though the game was over already. Bahamas, on the other hand, had obviously been endured some harsh words in the dressing room and came out determined to get bac into the game. They did just that on 52 minutes as a cross came into the six-yard box and striker Cooke was able to beat van Pieters to the ball and level the game. 10 minutes later, STI were caught out again as Oritz was allowed way too much space on the left, allowing him to easily line up his shot and score to put his team in front on the night. STI still had the away goals advantage but they were on the backfoot now as their opponents sought a 3rd. The Bahamians had a great chance to score 5 minutes from time when Oritz got clear in the area but Brookes was the hero of the moment, diving low to his left to tip the ball out for a corner. STI then held on through 7 minutes of injury time to go through to the next round on away goals.

Final Score: Bahamas 2, STI 1 (aggregate score 2-2, STI advance on away goals rule) | STI Player Ratings & Stats

Man of the Match: David Oritz (7.7)

Attendance: 14,293

BLANCO DELIGHTED BY PROMISING START TO CAREER

Promising NTI winger Cristobal Blanco is content with his lot. The 16 year old winger made his international debut in the 2-1 win over the British Virgin Islands, and was said to be 'satisfied, but nothing more' with his performance.

"OK, so I didn't get much of the ball, but at least I played. Plenty of youngsters never get the chance to represent their country, and I'm delighted that I have a chance of a long international career."

Playing for the club that the Blanco family has supported for almost a century - his grandfather is the president of the NTI branch of the Barnet supporters club - he is delighted, although he is determined to break into the first team before STIer Fred Brookes, with whom he shares a friendly rivalry.

He explains his previous reticence to come forward in the media as due to short term work commitments, and wanting to settle into his new club and meet his teammates before commenting.

"The guys at Barnet are fantastic - I cannot emphasise this more. I feel that I can learn a lot from some of these guys - particularly Albert Adomah. He plays in the same position as I do and is a fantastic player"

Great stuff, DodgeeD.. Sorry for the lack of posts (finish my intensive course tommorrow)

STI News

STI have scraped through their world cup qualifier. A 2-1 loss in the Bahamas meant STI went through on the away goals rule after a 1-0 win in STI. Our reporter Polly McParrot spoke to the STI goalie Fred Brookes after the game.

Polly McParrot - A loss but you're through on away goals, you must be pleased.

Fred Brookes - Not really, a loss is a loss at the end of the day.

Polly McParrot - What do you think the cause of the loss was?

Fred Brookes - Well they've only had 4 shots on target the whole match and I've let in 2, so that didn't help, also I think our inexperience showed through in not putting away enough of our chances.

Polly McParrot - You must be pleased with your save in the last 5 minutes to save STI mustn't you?

Fred Brookes - I'm pleased with the save but if I hadn't let the first 2 in I wouldn't have needed to save it. Also I was helped by the fact that after their second goal I had a little word with their strikers and told them if they scored again I would find out where they lived and pay them a visit with my friend Mr Baseball Bat.

Polly McParrot - Do you think STI can qualify for the World Cup?

Fred Brookes - Of course we can, we have a young talented squad who are learning all the time and with players like Smith and Crazy we could go a long way in the World Cup itself.

Polly McParroy - NTI had a great win over the British Virgin Islands, what are your thoughts on their victory?

Fred Brookes -They're a bunch of Bo Peeps

Polly McParrot - Bo Peeps?

Fred Brookes - Indeed

Fantastic work again Dodgee D

KUTGW :thup:

Dissapointing for STI to lose although the win on away goals is some consolation. Not too great to see that Rufio was at fault for one of their goals but hopefully he'll have plenty of chances in the future to put his talents to good use.

L.A. Sports News

Iglesias Sings Hamiltons Praises

After a close first leg encounter for N.T.I Some experts were saying the youngsters may be overwhelmed by the occasion. In the end there were no problems though. A comfortable 4-0 win saw them progress 6-1 on aggregate. Frank black caught up with chivas star benat fernandez iglesias as he returned to L.A.

F.B: Great result and performance Benat are you pleased with how things went?

B.F.I: The team were magnificant, especially Tom Hamilton who was a colossus at the back. He did not let anything past him all day and then popped up with two goals as well. I was not so pleased with my contribution.

F.B: You did appear to be struggling out there, any particular reason for that?

B.F.I: I don't like to make excuses but, the Chivas squad went out for a meal recently. My dish was a little spicy and i have had a few...ermmm.... stomach problems since. Because of this i did not like to open my legs and run at defence as usual in case of any.........accidents.

F.B: How are you feeling now?

B.F.I: I feel much better now and the fans will see that in my next game. I can not wait for the draw to see who N.T.I play next. Hopefully we will play the southern softies soon as they looked weak against a poor Bahamas side.

F.B: That was a poor performance, were you surprised they needed the away goal to progress?

B.F.I: Not really.

F.B: Finally, do you think N.T.I can make it to the world cup finals with such a young squad?

B.F.I: Of course we will make it, there is no doubt about that.

Great work again Dodge. :thup:

failed to make the subs bench again :(

THE SCOTTISH SUN

New Inverness Signing left off the bench for important Qualifiers

by Drew Peacock

Many expected rising NTI and Inverness star Alex Barkley to make his debut in one of the two ties against British Virgin Isles. Although he made it into the initial squad, he didnt make it onto the subs bench.

After his return from NTI, i met up for a chat.

Drew Alex, are you disappointed not to make your debut for your country?

Alex Yes, of course im disappointed not to be involved, but im still learning, and at 16 i didnt really think i would make my full international debut.

Drew What's your view on how your side performed?

Alex I thought that we played very well. for such a young side to come out and win 6-1 on aggregate, that team has to be very good.

Drew Winning these 2 games leaves you one step closer to the World Cup. how do you rate your chances of getting there?

Alex Yes, we won a game, but its only the first qualifying round. we still have a very long way to go to get to the World Cup. but it is something the squad can achieve.

Drew And finally, what do you think of Cardiovascular, who is of course from STI. Have their been any arguments yet?

Alex I like Cardiovascular. i think that he's a very good player, and he's also a good all round bloke off the field. however, if we play against each other at international level, i will have no hesitation of going in full force on him in a tackle.

Drew Thanks for your time Alex.

Tough Ties Await Treasure Islanders As The Road To The World Cup Continues

With the new generation of NTI and STI players guiding their respective nations past the first round of World Cup Qualifying, there was intense intrest today as the draw for the First Phase, Second Round was made.

STI, having scraped past the Bahamas on away goals will next face Panama in a two-legged tie for a place in the second phase. Panama will provide tougher opposition than STI faced in the previous round and the players and management know they will have to raise their game to progress.

And what of NTI, who won their first round tie so convincingly? Their 'reward' for thrashing the British Virgin Isles is a home and away match up with continental powerhouse, the USA. :eek: It looks like the Northerners have a tough task ahead of them but some older fans may recall a similar situation at the start of the first 'Golden Age' - that time they faced Mexico at the same stage and managed to pull off the shock result with a late late goal at the Azteca Stadium. Can history repeat itself? We hope to be able to bring you the news over the weekend.

Nothing yet for Hasek.... Unfortunately for you, I set the game up with no transfers in the first window so he may not be able to find a new club until January 2009. He's ever-present for STI though and has Levski Sofia and Ascoli tracking him so he should be back in the game soon. :thup:

Hernani Kipulo's Football Log

Jonathan Breaks his Silence

Reuters - There I was on a flight from Portugal heading across the Atlantic Ocean to New York to cover our Portuguese based players in this weeks North American Qualifying match between Northern Treasure Island and the United States of America. I looked across the aisle to see Jonathan was on the same flight as me. I could not let the opportunity pass me by, seeing that there was an empty seat I thought I should sit. Taking the seat after asking him if it was ok, I introduced myself and was shocked to learn that Jonathan was one of my biggest fans and that he made sure to read my column every week.

Using this to my advantage I decided to ask him to explain why he was so silent in the face of such harsh criticism from his team mate, Blackbeard. "Well I can't see the point in discussing it in the media, I will show my skills on the park. I just hope the fans of Gil Vicente will see that," was what he had to say. Next I wanted to know what he thought about playing football in the lower divisions of Portuguese Football, and he surprised me by saying that, "Portugal is my home away from home, if I was living anywhere but Treasure Island, it would be in Portugal."

Moving on to the international features and discussing his teams chances this week, I wished to know if he really thought they could progress. Instantly a smile crossed his face, "Well the won't have any action down their left flank, I will make sure of that." I laughed slightly and then noticed the extremely serious look on his face and decided the interview was at an end. So I just hung with him and chatted off the record for the rest of the flight. Hopefully this is the beginning of a great relationship.

Short but sweet. Looking good Dodgee, love your work.

Nothing yet for Hasek.... Unfortunately for you, I set the game up with no transfers in the first window so he may not be able to find a new club until January 2009. He's ever-present for STI though and has Levski Sofia and Ascoli tracking him so he should be back in the game soon. :thup:

cool, I gotten figure a way to work this into the journal and such... KUTGW

Archived