The Return To Treasure Island: The Ultimate Rivalry Lives Again!

....Breaking News.... Treasure Island Captains Announced

Following on from the appointment of new staff to the once great Northern and Southern Treasure Islands and the placement of the Glitzy Golden Generation at clubs around the world, the management staff of both nations appointed their captains today.

In a surprise move, STI manger Jason de Mire overlooked his son J.D. Dodgson and handed the captain's armband to Q.P.R.'s new signing Gwilym J. James II with Celtic defender Liam Ferguson picked as vice-captain. When asked why he had not chosen his son for this task, de Mire gave an agitated response. "You press guys are unbelieveable! One day, you are accusing me of showing favouratism to the lad just because he successfully came through the trials and the next you act all astonished that he isn't my choice as captain... Gwilym is a good choice - some may argue he has the influence of a priest in a whorehouse and is abit of a wimp, but he's a good team player and a well-composed lad. Besides, I believe a midfield player should captain a side. J.D. will be busy banging in the goals and doesn't need to weighed down with the responsibility of keeping this rabble in check."

In the NTI camp, Bob McBob did not show any qualms about family favours though as he immediately handed the captaincy to Bob McBob Jnr. with Gimnastic goalkeeper James Almond as the vice-captain. So far, neither McBob has been available for comment...

World Cup Qualifying Draw

The first phase first round of North American qualifying is not far off and both nations have been entered into the draw, with their opponents as follows:

Southern Treasure Islands v. Bahamas

British Virgin Isles v. Northern Treasure Islands

The matches are a two-legged home and away affair with the winners advancing to the first phase second round. Ties will be played on February 13th and March 26th.

We'll bring you the squad lists and any other team news as soon as we have it.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two-legged affair, the Gingerbreads can sun it up in the carribbean, and do a bit of looting while we're there.

Pirates at heart shipmates, Pirates at heart.

As for an interview, neither Gingerbread has been available for much of a comment, except for a small word from Snr:

When asked: "Are you proud of your son, following in your footsteps?"

He replied: "Oh ayeee." Then continued to jog on straight past the rest of the interviewers.

Taking his job as a fitness coach seriously it seems, was the last word from the papers.

Breaking News …………. Breaking News

NTI’s Tom Hamilton has just penned a contract with Real Madrid. The 16 year old will be hoping to make his mark in the Spanish capital immediately. Here’s what the teenager himself has to say about the move:

Gabby Logan: How do you feel about joining Real Madrid, the 7 times Champions League Winners?

Tom Hamilton: It’s a dream come true for me, they are one of the biggest teams in the world and I am delighted to have the chance to play for them.

Gabby: How will you deal with Tom Smith, another new signing for Real Madrid?

Hamilton: At Real, I hope we can become mutual friends and respect each other, but we will put that aside when we play against each other in International competitions against each other.

Gabby: Are you confident of a place in the national squad for the upcoming World Cup Qualifiers?

Hamilton: If I play well and I don’t get injured, I am very confident that I will be selected for the Internationals.

Gabby: Are you disappointed that you aren’t captain or vice captain of the national side?

Hamilton: Of course I am disappointed, but I would prefer to concentrate on my game and not let the burden weigh me down. Maybe later on in my career I will think about it, but for now I am happy with the manager’s choices for the roles.

Gabby: With an international team of teenagers, are you confident that you can qualify for the World Cup in 2010

Hamilton: We have a team of highly skilled young players, so yes, I am fairly confident that we can get to South Africa in 2010. Of course, it all depends on how well we handle the pressure of a proud footballing nation.

Gabby: Thanks for your time and good luck with your career

Hamilton: Thanks Gaby

Exclusive Mcbob Interviews

Q. What do you think of the future for NTi?

I fell we will be able to rise back to the summit of the game.

Q.What do you think of your son?

He has the look of being a legend of the future if he works hard enough. I am very greatful to my good friend Arsene for allowing him to enrol at my real home the Emirites

Q What do you reckon of your rival manager?

WHO?

Q Jason De Mire?

I really have no idea who you are talking about..........

Q What about the appointment of your son as captin is there no bias there?

None at all.

Mcbob Jnr

Q What do you make of your rival form sti?

I heard they had brought a clown for our entertainment:p

Q What about becoming captain?

It is a great honour to lead the best team form the tresure islands.

Q what do you think of sti?

Their name says it all STI

TARRAGONA DAILY

After learning the news that Gimnastic's young goalkeeper James Almond has been given the role of Vice Captain for the Northern Treasure Islands Tarragona Daily contacted him for a comment.

He said" I'm very happy to be given the chance of this role and will do my utmost to repay the faith that NTI's manager Bob McBob has put in him." when asked about working with Bob McBob Jnr as the captain he replied "If he is as good a player as his father we will work well together and will lead Northern Treasure Islands to glory over the STI scum" with that he walked away and went back to training.

As yet there is no knowledge of how his teammate Heinrich Kroeger Jnr will take Almonds comments about STI scum. Keep your eyes here for more on this growing enmity between teammates.

Article by Jose reinaldo

[b][size="5"]Exclusive Interview with Browne, New Boy at Q.P.R.[/size][/b]

[b]So Jack, how does it feel to be picked up by Q.P.R?[/b]
[i]Ah mate, you've caught me at the wrong time.[/i]

[b]Well, we could do this another time.[/b]
[i]No, now will have to do. Excuse the noise, i'm down the pub.[/i]

[b]Surely thats not the best place to be for a talented footballer like you to be?[/b]
[i]Well as long as the gaffer don't find out, then I think ill be fine. On a separate note, who is the manager nowadays, they've had more managers than players in recent years.[/i]

[b]We are live to the nation, you do know that right?[/b]
[i]Rigggghhhhhtttt. I was only joking about the noise being the pub, its Eastenders.[/i]

[b]Ok then, back on subject I suppose. How do you feel about one of your rivals being at the same club as you?[/b]
[i]Well that's something I can put up with, I am better than him anyway so I don't know what the issue is.[/i]

[b]Well, unfortunately we are going to have to cut the interview a bit short, good luck in your first season Jack.[/b]
[i]OK, no problem. Been a pleasure to speak to you. Up the NTI![/i]

Thats the best I could do at the time, sorry lads!

Gaby: How will you deal with Tom Smith, another new signing for Real Madrid?

Hamilton: At Real, I hope we can become mutual friends and respect each other, but we will put that aside when we play against each other in International competitions against each other.

I agree. :D (For now....)

[b][size="5"]Los Angeles Times Online Exclusive[/size][/b]

[b]Hello everyone, J.A. Adande hey for LA Times Online and I have with me 
the newest superstar for the MLS squad Chivas USA, Ondrej Hasek.[/b]
[i]Pleasure to be he Mr. Adande[/i]

[b]So, tell us about yourself and where you come from...[/b]
[i]Well, I was born to Czech parents in the Southern Treasure Island, who I play international football for. 
My life on the STI was a usual one for a young lad, but I was always around football, or what you call soccer, as a kid. 
I was able to stop just about anyone with the ball and was singled out from a young age as being a great defender. 
Apparently there are also people in the MLS who agree with that opinion and here I am[/i]

[b]So, what do you bring to the Chivas squad?[/b]
[i]First, I bring a lock down mentality to the left side of the field. 
If you come in my area I will stop you. 
I also bring depth to a squad whom needs help in defense.[/i]

[b]Finally, I'm sure that your aware that a 
player from the Northern Treasure Islands is also joinng Chivas this season? 
How will you coexist?[/b]
[i]Well, Mr. Adande I am to be understood that not only will we be teammates we will also be sharing a room together on team road trips. 
I will push to be let out of this room by my new coach Preki, but if we are to room together I will attempt to be as gentlemanly as possible. 
I'm a better person than him and will prove to be a great calming force on him hopefully. 
If not, there will be a total prank war that I will win with old Czech tricks.[/i]

[b]Well, that wraps it up for this LA Times online exclusive. 
I'd like to thank Ondrej Hasek for stopping by and remind you to go check out Chivas USA at the Home Depot Center during the MLS season.[/b]

NTI Bulletin:Jack Harrow praises Bob McBob decision

In the interview with the NTI goalkeeping coach,he is pleased that his son is not chosen as vice captain as he is still young and should gain more experience.This also means he needs to be more competitive in order to play more games for his country.

In addition,the NTI coach wishes the best to both NTI keepers and hope they can have a clean sheet in their first International match.

Hawkini Turns up Mexican Heat

Upon hearing the news that his Chivas teammate - J D Dodgson - did not get the STI Captaincy, Hawkini was asked if he was sad his teammate was overlooked.

"Hawkini thins that JD izz a weak player - no power, no guts - I may be from Meh-key-oh but my ancestors...." Hawkini then did a crucifix sign on his chest ", God rest their souls, are from the Northern Islands - where the whemen are fine and life is eazzy. Those God foresaken STI people, devil worshipping scum, are weak in the eyes of God - they have no ca-ho-nes!

Relative Success?

New Vfl Osnabrück signing and potential STI star in the making Loic Philippens was tracked down in the early hours of this morning as he arrived in Germany. The youngsters' first taste of the media frenzy that comes with being an STI'er probably didn't go quite as he had hoped.

Q: Rumour has it that the only reason you're being considered for this STI side is becuase you have close connections with someone in the coaching set up, is this true?

A: Really? I have no idea what you're talking about.

Q: According to sources there was a certain amount of favouritsm thrown your way by the new assistant manager, we forget his name.

A: We have an assistant manager? I wasn't aware, what's his name?

Q: Umm that's the thing, no one has ever heard of him.

A: Well it's hardly surprising, there are so many STI legends involved in the coaching set up these days I wouldn't be surprised if this guy has been overlooked. Do you have any information on him?

Q: Well we're told he was once a footballer but we're not sure who he played for, there was a story a couple of weeks ago when he was announced as Ass Man. Apparently he was stopped at the STI national airport and was denied entry becuase nobody realised he was an STI citizen.

A: Well clearly he's never done anything of note for our country but I suppose he must have done something to get the job.

Q: So for sure this man is no relation?

A: Well seeing as I have no idea who he is I can neither confirm or deny that 100% But not that I'm aware of. Don't you want to know anything about me?

Q: No not really, it's quite possible you'll disappear off the face of the planet after this and be almost completely ignored by the STI manager while having a mediocre club career at best. It's happened before you know, but I can't for the life of me remember to whom.

A: Oh.

So it seems doubtful that the stories about Philippens are true and he is in fact consideration for the national side based on talent alone. We've been trying to track down this mysterious character who has been named as STI Ass Man to hear his side of the story but with no name to go off and no known history in the game we have so far failed to locate him, whoever he is.

Treasure Island Squads Revealed

ROOTERS PRESS RELEASE

With the opening phase of World Cup Qualifiers rapidly approaching, there was intense interest today as new STI boss Jason de Mire and his NTI counterpart Bob McBob named their first squads ahead of ties with Barbados and British Virgin Isles respectively. As expected, all the members of the previous squads have been dropped after the seemingly and mysteriously disappeared from the footballing world. In thier place, a collection of 16 and 17 year olds, all of whom have yet to play a professional match have been brought in.

The STI squad is as follows:

Goalkeepers - Blackbeard (Gil Vicente), Brookes (Barnet); Defenders - Cardiovascular (Inverness), Castagnoli (AC Milan), Hasek (Chivas USA), van Pieters (Arsenal), Ferguson (Celtic), Lemon (Ajax), Stigarakis (Crewe); Midfielders - Smith (Real Madrid), Healy (Porto), Hart JR (Southend), Burrows (Adelaide), Gingerbread Jnr (Roda JC), James II (QPR); Fowards - Philippens (Osnabrück), Crazy (Brescia), Dodgson (Chivas), Kroeger Jnr. (Gimnastic)

The only notable omission is that of Bobinho Jr, something of a surprise as he has signed a high profile deal with Bayern Munich. For this first international tie, he will be with the U20 squad.

The following 19 players were picked for the NTI squad:

Goalkeepers - Almond (Gimnastic), Harrow (Southend); Defenders - Alvaro Brown (Porto), Jonathan (Gil Vicente), Lazewski (Osnabrück), Hamilton (Real Madrid), Hawkini (Chivas), Tner (Ajax); Midfielders - Flash (AC Milan), Boyle (Crewe), Bojangles (Adeliade), Barkley (Inverness), Blanco (Barnet), Iglesias (Chivas USA) McBob Jnr. (arsenal); Fowards - Blowcrapup (Roda JC), Browne (QPR), Collingwood (Celtic), Gonzalez JR (Bayern Munich)

There may be harsh words over dinner in the Twigge household tonight as NTI U20 coach Mikey Twigge persuaded NTI boss McBob to overlook Mikey Twigge Jr so he could be included in the youth squad. Reports suggest that Twigge Jr is not best pleased with his father's decision but Twigge Snr is romoured to have said "it's for his own good". We'll bring you more as and when we have it.

Omissions aside, fans on both side of the Islands will be relishing the prospect of competitive football and the chance to see their new hyped-up stars in the making in action for the first time.

MILAN MONTHLY

Paolo Maldini.

Those two words are enough to inspire every Italian alive, particularly those in the Milan region. For 20 years he's been a colossus at the back for Milan, whether playing in the centre or full back, and unfortunately he's now on the downswing of his career. Milan fans will be worrying where the next Maldini is coming from, but with the latest signing from their academy this question may now be answered.

The name Claudio Castagnoli may be unknown to most of you, but in Milan he's widely regarded as being a fantastic prospect. The long-haired youngster, who's from the recently founded Southern Treasure Islands, is constantly being talked up by his coaches, and a long and prosperous career is being planned out for him. Castagnoli, though right-footed is equally adept at playing full-back on either side, and is strong in the tackle. He also presents a danger going forward, blessed with natural pace and is a great crosser of the ball.

Claudio himself is not talking to the media yet, Carlo Ancelotti taking a hardline similar to Sir Alex Ferguson and tryting to keep the pressure off of his young talent, but one of his trainers in the academy revealed that Castagnoli has a great attitude and is expected to break into the first team before he's 20. He's definitely one to watch.

Breaking News..

Immediately after this article was published, Castagnoli was annnounced in the Southern Treasure Islands squad for the World Cup Qualifying match against Barbados. We wish him the best of luck in this game, and look forward to seeing how he copes with the demands of international football.

MILAN MONTHLY

Paolo Maldini.

Those two words are enough to inspire every Italian alive, particularly those in the Milan region. For 20 years he's been a colossus at the back for Milan, whether playing in the centre or full back, and unfortunately he's now on the downswing of his career. Milan fans will be worrying where the next Maldini is coming from, but with the latest signing from their academy this question may now be answered.

The name Claudio Castagnoli may be unknown to most of you, but in Milan he's widely regarded as being a fantastic prospect. The long-haired youngster, who's from the recently founded Southern Treasure Islands, is constantly being talked up by his coaches, and a long and prosperous career is being planned out for him. Castagnoli, though right-footed is equally adept at playing full-back on either side, and is strong in the tackle. He also presents a danger going forward, blessed with natural pace and is a great crosser of the ball.

Claudio himself is not talking to the media yet, Carlo Ancelotti taking a hardline similar to Sir Alex Ferguson and tryting to keep the pressure off of his young talent, but one of his trainers in the academy revealed that Castagnoli has a great attitude and is expected to break into the first team before he's 20. He's definitely one to watch.

Breaking News..

Immediately after this article was published, Castagnoli was annnounced in the Southern Treasure Islands squad for the World Cup Qualifying match against Barbados. We wish him the best of luck in this game, and look forward to seeing how he copes with the demands of international football.

From the desk of Ondrej Hasek's agent

Ondrej Hasek would like to say that he is very excited to see one of his favorite players in Mr. Maldini may be helping a fellow teammate at the Southern Treasure Islands in Claudio Castagnoli. He hopes one day to learn at the side of the master as Claudio has and wishes for he and Claudio to become good friends. In another mattter, Mr. Hasek is happy that he will be in the squad for the Southern Treasure Island in the upcoming friendly. He hopes to play well for his country and can't wait to be a part of the squad with his friends.

Statement From Craig Healy Regarding STI Call-Up

I am delighted to be called up to represent my country to the best of my ability.

I realise I'm young and I hope the fans of our great nation's team are patient while me & my team-mates get used to playing in the same side.

I have no doubt that we will be successful once we get used to the system and each others style of play.

I am in no doubt that this is only the start of STIs 2nd golden generation and cannot wait to pull on the legendary shirt just as my father did in his playing days.

Come On You Pirates!

Statement from Molind Tner regarding the international callup

Tner was caught coming out of a hotel room in the Red Light District

Interviewer: Tner , Tner! Can we get a comment rega...

Tner: Hey get outta here! Let me have some privacy alright!

Interviewer: Umm is that 2 women in nightgowns?

Voice comming from the back of the room: "Molind, come back here!

Tner: Listen what do you want? And make it fast. I got erhm... business to do...

Interviewer: Well, you´ve been called up to the NTI national squad. I just wanted a comment...

Tner: I am? Screw them girls this calls for celebration! Champagne on me in the bar in 10 m... um 5 minutes... still got some business to do...!

NTI Newbie likes Shiny Things

Today we caught up with new Roda JC star Robert Blowcrapup as he explores his new town.

MS: Hello Robert how are you finding it here in Kerkrade?

RB: I like it very much. There is so much to do and to look at. I very much enjoy sitting in the cafes here although I always leave them very hungry.

MS: Erm... I'm pretty sure you have to be 18 to partake in that particular activity.

RB: What activity? I just like cakes. I always seem to end up spending a fortune on things from the gadget shop though. Espically if they are shiny.

MS: O kay what is your reaction to being called up to the NTI squad?

RB: I'm really happy. I hope to win lots and lots of medals. Medals of gold and silver. Ooo pancakes.

At this Robert wandered off before stopping to stare in a shop window for 10 minutes. We can only hope his international career is longer than his attention span.

Marky Sparks NTI Times Sports Reporter.

STI captain speaks to QPR World

The newly appointed Southern Treasure Island captain has spoken to QPR World following his callup. Gwilym J. James II, the son of STI left-winger Gwilym J. James was appointed on Monday to the position of captain by Jason De Mire. He was interviewed by QPR World.

QPR World: Were you expecting to be appointed captain?

James II: Definately not. I was gobsmacked when I was told that it was actually true and not just a silly joke that one of my colleagues here had made up.

QPR World: Do your colleagues often make up silly jokes?

James II: Sometimes, yeah, but everyone gets a bit. We get on really well and there is a good atmosphere in the team.

QPR World: Are you enjoying it here at Loftus Road?

James II: Oh yes. I want the club to be succesful while I'm here and I will do everything I can to make it happen.

QPR World: How would you describe your relationship with Jack Browne?

James II: I wouldn't. I feel that as long as we work together when we are on the pitch playing for the Royals, whatever happens off the pitch is not important

QPR World: And finally, how do you respond to comments in the media that you have "the influence of a priest in a whorehouse" and that you are "a bit of a wimp".

James II: I think that these comments are inappropriate and I intend to prove that against the Bahamas.

QPR World: Thank you Mr. James II

James Almonds Journal

Have just found out I have been called up to the National Team for NTI's first world cup qualifying games. Just have to say I'm looking forward to joining up with players such as Blowcrapup, Collingwood, Hamilton and the rest of the team, but the player I really want to talk to is my captain McBob Jnr as it will be good to get to know them. Also I'm looking forward to showing those southern softies how good a keeper I am and why I am better than my club teammates father.

Okay signing off for now C Ya later

Looking back at the original (2nd edition) thread it doesn't look like, who was my player again? Made the first round of international call ups so it seems Philippens is set to have a better career already.

I'll try not to get too carried away though, things could still go wrong.

TARRAGONA DAILY

After learning the news that Gimnastic's young goalkeeper James Almond has been given the role of Vice Captain for the Northern Treasure Islands Tarragona Daily contacted him for a comment.

He said" I'm very happy to be given the chance of this role and will do my utmost to repay the faith that NTI's manager Bob McBob has put in him." when asked about working with Bob McBob Jnr as the captain he replied "If he is as good a player as his father we will work well together and will lead Northern Treasure Islands to glory over the STI scum" with that he walked away and went back to training.

As yet there is no knowledge of how his teammate Heinrich Kroeger Jnr will take Almonds comments about STI scum. Keep your eyes here for more on this growing enmity between teammates.

Article by Jose reinaldo

STI scum ? That's very rich coming from the National Tit Institute :p

James Almonds Journal

Have just found out I have been called up to the National Team for NTI's first world cup qualifying games. Just have to say I'm looking forward to joining up with players such as Blowcrapup, Collingwood, Hamilton and the rest of the team, but the player I really want to talk to is my captain McBob Jnr as it will be good to get to know them. Also I'm looking forward to showing those southern softies how good a keeper I am and why I am better than my club teammates father.

Okay signing off for now C Ya later

Kroeger Jr. will score against the nutcase and prove his father is/was a better goalkeeper.

Treasure Islanders Back To Winning Ways

Southern Treasure Islands v. Bahamas

Date:13.02.2008

Competition: World Cup Quals (NAM), 1st Phase, 1st Rnd, Leg 1

Venue: World’s End Stadium, Cove Bay

STI Line-up (4-4-2): Brookes; van Pieters, Cardiovascular, Lemon, Hasek; Hart JR, Smith, James II ©, Burrows; Dodgson, Crazy

Subs: Blackbeard, Castagnoli, Healy, Kroeger Jnr., Ferguson, Gingerbread Jnr, Philippens

1st Half: STI kicked off their World Cup Qualifying campaign in front of a packed home crowd, all buzzing with excitement about seeing these prodigies for the first time. Intially, Bahamas tied to control the game and exploit the inexperince of the STI boys but Lemon was doing a solid job at the back of breaking up their attacks. The first real chance of the game for STI came on 35 mins a fine attacking move culminated in van Pieters crossing from the right. Dodgson got on the end of it but the keeper pulled off the save. STI had some good atacking play after that but no clear cut chances. Just as it seemed the half would finish goaless, the fans got the goal they had wanted to see. Bahamas keeper Jimenez had brought the ball out of his area but he dallied too long and an alert J. D. Dodgson pounced, winning the ball before bearing bown on goal and slotting the ball into an empty net. The crowd went wild and J. D. ran over to the bench to celebrate with his father, who turned to the cameras and shouted ‘You see why he’s in the team now!’

Half Time Score: STI 1 , Bahamas 0

2nd Half: STI came out for the second half with one change as Hasek had picked up a knock and was replaced by Ferguson as a precaution. Bouyed by taking the lead, the Southerners looked much more positive and created a hatful of chances early in the half with Gus Crazy, J.D. Dodgson and Tom Smith all going close. After the hour mark, STI legend Captain Gingerbeard was seen whispering to boss de Mire on the bench and shortly afterwards Gingerbread Jnr made his first appearance for STI, coming on in place of Burrows on the left flank. The youngster was immediately involved as he fired in a cross from the left, which Hart JR volleyed just over the bar. Soon after Heinrich Kroeger was seen having words on the STI bench and, sure enough, Kroeger Jnr soon entered the fray with Gus Crazy coming off. The last ten minutes was all about STI as they played like they were chasing the game. Gingerbread, Dodgson, Kroeger Jnr and Smith all went close but STI nearly caught themselves out as the Bahamas managed to attack on the break in stoppage time. Luckily, Brookes was more than ready, despite inactivity for large periods of the second half, and made the save to ensure STI notched up their first win of the new age.

Final Score: STI 1, Bahamas 0 | STI Player Ratings & Stats

Man of the Match: J.D. Dodgson (7.6)

Attendance: 85,582

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

British Virgin Isles v. Northern Treasure Islands

Date:13.02.2008

Competition: World Cup Quals (NAM), 1st Phase, 1st Rnd, Leg 1

Venue: A.O. Shirley Recreational Field, Tortola

NTI Line-up (4-4-2): Harrow; Jonathan, Hamilton, Hawkini, Lazewski; Blanco, McBob Jnr ©, Flash, Iglesias; Collingwood, Gonzalez JR

Subs: Almond, Bojangles, Boyle, Brown, Tner, Alvaro Brown

1st Half: NTI kicked off the new era in smaller surroundings as they travelled to the British Virgin Isles for their first qualifier. Benat Fernandez Iglesias caused some problems for the opposition defence with his running early on but the British Virgin Isles slowly started to take control of the game and create chances. Luckily for NTI, most of them were off target. The Northerners were then forced into an early substitution as Hollingwood took a heavy knock on the shin and was replaced by utility man Alvaro Brown. NTI’s first real chance came just after the half hour mark as Gonzalez JR made a run out to the left before playing the ball back to Iglesias, who in turn cut the ball inside to Ben Flash. The midfielder lived up to his name by taking one touch and, quick as a flash, firing the ball into the back of the net from 30 yards. Flash’s part in the game was soon over though as he tumbled under pressure from a defender and suffered bruised ribs. He came off with Boyle his replacement. It seemed the score would remain unchanged but there was a late goal as NTI won a throw in 4 minutes into stoppage time. Lazewski threw the ball to Gonzalez JR who fed the ball to sub Brown on the edge of the area. The Porto striker then turned and shot and danced a little jig as the ball sailed into the back of the net.

Half Time Score: VGB 0, NTI 2

2nd Half: The home side tried to get back into the game in the second half but their young opponents were able to hold them off for the most part with Alvaro Brown threatening a couple of times on the break. NTI were made to sweat a little when British Virgin Isles pulled one back. The defence failed to deal with a low cross into the area as Hawkini deflected it towards the goal and Harrow could only block it. The rebound fell staright into the path of striker Martin who was left with a simple finish. To their credit, NTI did not buckle after that. Indeed, they froze thier opponents out and prevented any further attacks without taking any risks. Browne came on for the last ten minutes in place of Hawkini as NTI played out the game calmly and secured a vital away win

Final Score: VGB 1, NTI 2 | NTI Player Ratings & Stats

Man of the Match: Juan Alvaro Brown (7.8)

Attendance: 2,862

STI News

An excellent result for STI today against the Bahamas. Although 1-0 could have been a lot more as STI were utterly dominant. We can now go live to Polly McParrot who is with Fred Brookes -

Polly McParrot - Fred, you must be delighted with a clean sheet on your debut?

Fred Brookes - To be honest that was more to do with my defence than me, they were superb and limited the Bahamas to virtually no chances.

Polly McParrot - You did have to make one important save towards the end though...

Fred Brookes - To be honest it was nothing, obviously their striker knew that if he scored I would have broken his legs so he kindly passed me the ball rather than having a proper shot.

Polly McParrot - What are your feelings on being picked ahead of Blackbeard?

Fred Brookes - I was surprised to be honest, he seems like a very good keeper and I'm sure we will provide each other with healthy competition for the STI number 1 jersey.

Polly McParrot - NTI also got off to a good start with a win over the British Virgin Isles, are you worried about playing them in the future?

Fred Brookes - Ha ha you must be having a laugh, just by looking at them I could make their whole team break down and cry, bunch of Northern Sulleys.

Polly McParrot - Sulleys?

Fred Brookes - Indeed.

Great work DodgeeD :thup:

Browne came on for the last ten minutes in place of Hawkini

As a player at the tender age of 16 - I do believe that Hawkini would have had some nerves - I'm hoping he'll learn quickly and prove to be the pivotal member of NTI that I know he can be! And fantastic first result for the "Naturally Talented Individuals" - the first of many let's hope!

--- After reading the first rivalry thread if this is half as good it will still be one of the best - great work DodgeeD!

STI cruise to victory in front of over eighty thousand people while NTI struggle in front of barely three thousand, a sign of things to come I recon.

Things start about as well for Philippens as they did for Ramiro, no game time in STI's opening match.

J.D. Dodgson Does His Talking On The Pitch

(Taken from the Southern Treasure Islands Footballer's Football Informer - STIFFI)

A solid start to the WCQ capaign by STI today as their team of 16 and 17 year-old debutants ground out a 1-0 win over Bahamas. One of the main talking points was the Man of the Match* performance by J.D. Dodgson, son of STI manager Jason de Mire.

Following media comments about his trial selection, placement at Chivas and inclusion in the national side coming about thanks to the favouritism of his father, Dodgson had a point to prove and did it by showing the awareness to take advantage of an error by the keeper to score. He was a constant threat throughout the match and the future looks bright for the youngster.

After the game, J.D. was only available for a brief comment: "I was happy that the team got the win today. I have full confidence that my dad will always put the team first and I know that I will have to earn my place in the starting XI. I hope today's Man of the Match award will go some way to curtailing the intense media focus on my family connections."

*The Man of the Match award was chosen by a select panel consisting of STI boss Jason de Mire, his wife and the family dog, Skolari.

L.A. Sports News

Chivas star shines

Many things have been spoken of new Chivas left winger Benat Fernandez Iglesias but he has so far refused to speak to the media. After a great international debut recently our reporter, Frank Black, caught up with new the new Chivas star.

F.B: So Benat, how do you fell you played on your international debut?

B.F.I: I was delighted with my performance. I supplied a goal and believe I was a concern for their right back with my undisputed talent.

F.B: It is a young squad, do you think McBob will introduce some older heads for experience?

B.F.I: N.T.I. do not need experience we have talent. Did you see me keep running at the defence? It was poetry. The fans like flair and I play for the fans.

F.B: What is your reaction to S.T.I. winning their first game of the campaign?

B.F.I: I hear my club colleague Ondrej was injured. This gives me confidence at Chivas we can do well with a proper defender behind me but their win means nothing to me. I can not wait to face them.

F.B: Finally, are you confident you will win the return leg?

B.F.I: Of course we will win. I will run at the defence again and this time make more goals. Juan Alvaro Brown and Adam Flash will get many chances to score again.

Great work Dodge love the clips :thup:

Archived