The Return To Treasure Island: The Ultimate Rivalry Lives Again!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2010/11 Regen Watch

Time for another look at the regen talent our nations are producing.* Some of last year’s crop have moved on, while some others have made it into the national sides:

*My intention is to pick the regens with a PA of 150+ or, failing that, the top players by PA each season.

Southern Treasure Islands

Player: Billy Whalley (initial profile)

D.O.B: 02.10.1991

Position: DRC

First Club: Cove Bay Pirates (STI)

Current Club: Walsall

Caps: -

Made an early move to England with Walsall. A couple of appearnces there and a call up to the STI squad are promising signs.

Player: John Redmond (initial profile)

D.O.B: 24.02.1994

Position: MC

First Club: Cost Right (STI)

Current Club: Cost Right

Here’s one for the STIers to get excited about. Only 16 but already looks good and has the potential to get a lot better.

Player: Shaun Ellis (initial profile)

D.O.B: 06.03.1993

Position: MC

Cost Right seem to be churning out decent midfielders!

Northern Treasure Islands

Player: Richard Gray (initial profile)

D.O.B: 24.03.1993

Position: DRC, DM, MRC

First Club: Stock City (NTI)

Current Club: Stock City

A versatile player with great potential. Expect to see more of him.

Player: Paul Swarbrick (initial profile)

D.O.B: 11.08.1989

Position: AML

First Club: Merchants FC (NTI)

Current Club: Merchants FC

Caps: 1 (0 goals)

Interesting that another older regen appears for NTI. Despite just one sub appearance and no interest from Europe, he was called up to the NTI squad and handed his first cap.

Player: Paul Joyce (initial profile)

D.O.B: 08.07.1993

Position: AMC

First Club : Golden Coast (NTI)

Current Club: Golden Coast

No games of any kind yet but seems to have good potential to suceed.

Class of 2009

Southern Treasure Islands

Player: Doug Black (initial profile) | 2010 profile

D.O.B: 28.03.1993

Position: GK

First Club: Cove Bay Pirates (STI)

Current Club: Cove Bay Pirates

A regular in the STI squads but seems unlikely to oust Blckbeard or Brookes anytime soon.

Player: Jake Puckett (initial profile) | 2010 profile

D.O.B: 06.08.1993

Position: D/WB R

Despite good potential, he hasn’t even been getting regular playing time in the STI leagues.

Player: Callum Hayward (initial profile) | 2010 profile

D.O.B: 28.02.1991

Position: DM. AMC

Current Club: Notts County

Now plying his trade in League 2 with Notts County and waiting for his first team chance.

Northern Treasure Islands

Player: Peter Chappell (initial profile) | 2010 profile

D.O.B: 26.09.1989

Position: GK

First Club: Merchants FC (NTI)

Current Club: Merchants FC

Unfortunately, weeks into his loan spell at West Brom, Chappell ruptured knee ligaments in a traning ground accident as was returned to the Merchants for his rehabilitation. He has only just returned to fitness.

Player: Paul Barron (initial profile) | 2010 profile

D.O.B: 28.02.1990

Position: AMR

First Club: Ideal (NTI)

Current Club: Inverness CT

Caps: 1 (0 goals)

Still at Inverness and getting a fair amount of playing time, enough to earn him his first cap in the recent friendly against Slovakia.

Player: Jordan McNally (initial profile) | 2010 profile

D.O.B: 25.10.1991

Position: DC

First Club : Ideal (NTI)

Current Club: Huddersfield

Snapped up by League 1 side Huddersfield on free at the start of the season but hasn’t made much of an impact to date.

Poor defeat against UAE :( Nothing went our way in that match unfortunately.

On the positive side, Kroeger Jnr is making the strating line jp for the matches. And that regen, John Redmond, looks quite promising tbh.

January 2011 Update

Highest Average Rating

[u][color=black][font=Courier New]No.[/font][/color][/u][color=black][font=Courier New]  [u]Player[/u]             [u]Nation[/u]  [u]Club[/u]       [u]Av Rat[/u][/font][/color]

[color=black][font=Courier New]1.   Bobinho Jr         STI     Wehen      7.74[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]2.   James Almond       NTI     Rayo       6.96[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]3.   Juan Alvaro Brown  NTI     Porto      6.91[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]4.   Jack Browne        NTI     Sevilla At 6.87[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]5.   Robert Blowcrapup  NTI     Dundee Utd 6.85[/font][/color]

Player Stats (Club)

STIers | NTIers

Player Stats (International)

STIers | NTIers

Awards

World Footballer of the Year

World Player of the Year

World Team of the Year

European Footballer of the Year

European Goalkeeper of the Year

European Defender of the Year

European Midfielder of the Year

European Striker of the Year

Transfers

A very quiet transfer window with only one deal completed and one more arranged for the end of the year:

[u][color=black][font=Courier New]Player[/font][/color][/u][color=black][font=Courier New]            [u]Nation[/u]  [u]From[/u]         [u]To[/u]             [u]Fee[/u][/font][/color]

[color=black][font=Courier New]Jonathan          NTI     Gil Vicente  Vit. Setubal   ₤110k[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]Jack Harrow       NTI     Swansea      Levski Sofia   End of contract[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New](Deal goes through on 01.07.2011)[/font][/color]

· Jonathan finally moves on after prolonged interest from a number of Liga Sagres sides swopping mid-tbale safety at Gil Vicente for a relegation battle at Vit. Setubal.

· Jack Harrow has featured regularly for Swansea this season but, with the club stalling over a new deal, he decided to agree a deal to walk out on the Welsh club in the summer and allow Levski Sofia to finally bring a Treasure Islander to Bulgaria.

Contract Status

Harrow may not be the only Bosman transfer this season as the following players will be out of contract in the summer and have yet to sign new deals:

[u][color=black][font=Courier New]Player[/font][/color][/u][color=black][font=Courier New]            [u]Nation[/u]  [u]Current Club[/u]  [u]Interested club(s)[/u][/font][/color]

[color=black][font=Courier New]Tyler Burrows     STI     Adelaide Utd  Queensland Roar, Melbourne Victory[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]J.D. Dodgson      STI     Swansea       AZ, Getafe, Trabzonspor[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]Robert Blowcrapup NTI     Dundee Utd    -[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]Fred Brookes      STI     Barnet        -[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]Molind Tner       NTI     Ajax          -[/font][/color]

Player News:

• AC Milan have extended the contracts of both of their Treasure Island stars, Claudio Castagnoli and Ben Flash. Blackbeard has also signed a new deal with Sporting.
  • Bob McBob Jnr has turned down a new deal with Arsenal, declaring the wage offered as ‘laughable’. Likewise, Gwilym J. James II has rejected Q.P.R.’s contract offer in a dispute over bonuses.
  • Following praise in the press from Middlesborough boss Gareth Southgate, Cardiovascular has talked of his respect for the ex-England international and his appreciation of his comments.
  • Liam Ferguson has stated that he is happy at South Korean side Seongnam following a high amount of interest from numerous European clubs during the January transfer window.
  • Despite another decent season at Chivas USA, Benat Fernadez Iglesias is still despereate to leave and has made numerous transfer requests.
  • Juan Alvaro Brown has now joined Tom Smith in being touted by the football press as a ‘wonderkid’.

Injuries:

3 players are currently on the treatment table:

• Heinrich Kroeger Jnr. suffered a hip injury in December and is out until April.
  • Gus Crazy faces another week out with a strained neck.
  • Cristobal Blanco has a thigh strain and is expected to return to action in 3 weeks.

Wahey! Wonderkid! Hopefully can continue to establish himself in the first team and cut down on the defensive errors for the NTI.

Looking at the stats I predict Jack Browne and Robert Blowcrapup are going to be an immense partnership up front for the NTI

Brilliant stuff Dodgee D!

Northerners Mauled by Great Danes | Southerners Frozen Out by the French

Denmark v. Northern Treasure Islands

Date: 09.02.2011

Competition: International Friendly

Venue: Parken, Copenhagen

NTI Line-up (4-4-2): Harrow; Jonathan, Alvaro Brown, Hamilton, Twigge Jr ©; Bojangles, Barkley, Flash, Iglesias; Blowcrapup, Gonzalez JR

Subs: Almond, Hawkini, Gray, Barron, Browne, Tner, Lazewski, Joyce, Collingwood

This game got off to a ‘Borring’ start as the mundanely named Jonas Borring hit the back of the net with the first attack of the game to give Denmark and early lead. NTI were in a complete mess for the first twenty minutes and Denmark punished them by adding two more goals courtesy of Tomas Sorensen and Mads Albaek. The first came after Twigge Jr mis-hit a pass and the second, just 60 seconds later, as Hamilton got caught in posession on the edge of the area. Things got even worse when Blowcrapup took a nasty blow to the head and had to go off (later revealed to be just a bruise) and NTI limped to half time looking desperate at times, hopeless at others. In the second half, NTI played much better but received a blow to their momentum when Gonzalez JR was stretchered off. That shook the NTI boys up and within two minutes they had conceded another as John Dahl Tomasson mde it 4-0 (the Northerners needn’t have worried though as post-match scans revelaed nothing wrong with Gonzalez JR). The exit of Gonzalez led to the introduction of Browne and Collingwood up front and they linked up well with Browne forcing the keeper into two good saves. Benat Fernandez Iglesias had come to life in the second half and was a threat on the left wing, setting up attacks and having some decent efforts on goal too. NTI eventually got the consolation their play in the last 30 minutes deserved as Iglesias broke down the left and floated a great cross in for Collingwood to head home. Still, another friendly defeat and it won’t be long before questions are asked of McBob’s management...

Final Score: Denmark 4, NTI 1 | NTI Player Ratings & Stats

Attendance: 24,300

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

France v. Southern Treasure Islands

Date: 09.02.2011

Competition: International Friendly

Venue: Stade de Roudourou, Guingamp

STI Line-up (4-4-2): Blackbeard; Castagnoli, Ferguson, Cardiovascular, Hasek; Hart Jnr, Smith, James II ©, Gingerbread Jnr; Dodgson, Philippens

Subs: Brookes, Whalley, Puckett, Redmond, Hayward, Lemon, van Pieters, Bobinho Jr, Stigarakis

The Southerners suffered a simialr early setback in their game as France took the lead after just 4 minutes through Squillaci with Castagnoli once more exposed down the flank in the build up. The match then proceeded with France dominating posession but STI getting forward absolutely every time they got the ball. Most of their efforts were long range ones from midfield though. France extended their lead with a Bodmer strike just after the half hour but STI still looked good going forward on their ultra-quick breaks and were able to pull one back just before half-time. Cardiovascular played a quick ball out of defnece to Smith, who subseuently made a quick turn and played a carbon copy pass to Dodgson. The Swansea striker then beat his man and made the space to shoot from the edge of the area for his 5th international goal. Any hopes of a comeback in the second half were quashed by France’s continued domination of posession though as they passed the ball around in midfield and didn’t give the Southerners a look in. Another goal evetually came with 9 minutes to go but it was the French who scored it, this time Gourcuff doing the honours. That prompted two late subs from STI as new boys Puckett and Redmond came on but to no avail as STI lost again.

Final Score: France 3, STI 1 | STI Player Ratings & Stats

Attendance: 18,010

* Colour code:

Grey = ‘greyed-out’ player

Blue = regen

Green = naturalised player

Out for 5 months :( Darn. This is exactly what happened to HK Snr in the previous sign up. He was starting most games for STI, got injured for a few months and never became STI's first choice ever again :( I just hope history doesn't repeat itself.

KUTGW mate

Oh dear. Castagnoli gets another international run out, and somehow STI lose to the UAE. And he gets a sub-6 rating again. :( And then he gets exposed against France too for an utterly dreadful 4.9 rating. :eek:

Any ideas why he's quite so bad Dodgee?

At least he's playing a bit now he's out on loan and Milan saw fit to extend his contract.

Not sure what's up with Castagnoli.. :confused: I think it may be down to the lack of full detail on friendlies - he's probably getting picked on reputation (boosted by being at AC Milan) but rated by CA (limited by lack of first team football) but I may be completely wrong. Just have to wait for the next set of full detail competitive games to see I suppose.

By the way, one of our nations will be present at the Gold Cup at the end of the season. ;)

By the way, one of our nations will be present at the Gold Cup at the end of the season. ;)

C'mon the NTI!

Oh, and considering Sevilla put me up for transfer, is anyone interested?

Not sure what's up with Castagnoli.. :confused: I think it may be down to the lack of full detail on friendlies - he's probably getting picked on reputation (boosted by being at AC Milan) but rated by CA (limited by lack of first team football) but I may be completely wrong. Just have to wait for the next set of full detail competitive games to see I suppose.

STI most definitely.

Even as an NTI man i am pessimistic as our friendly results have been too awful for us to have a decent enough world ranking to get an invite.

Hey DodgeeD, how long til i'm strutting my stuff?

I edited your player into the database on June 1st 2011. There are no more national games to report on until the summer now so I will get those done and then post your profile shot with the end of season reports. Time permitting, that should be by the end of the week. :thup:

I edited your player into the database on June 1st 2011. There are no more national games to report on until the summer now so I will get those done and then post your profile shot with the end of season reports. Time permitting, that should be by the end of the week. :thup:

Awesome mate, can't wait to be part of it :thup:

**********Breaking News**********Gold Cup 2011 Group Draw*********

The draw for the 2011 Gold Cup was made at CONCACAF headquarters today. Much excitement surrounded the possibility of one of the resurgent Treasure Island nations being invited to compete. Following much deliberation, the suits decided to extend an invitation to the Southern Treasure Islands based on their progression to the 2nd phase of World Cup Qualifying 2 years ago and their slighty more impressive results in friendlies since then.

STI have been drawn in Group A along with Cuba, Jamaica, who they faced in World Cup Qualifying and continental powerhouse the USA.

Nobody from the NTI players or staff has been available for comment but they must have been left bitter at the snub from CONCACAF, made all the worse by the fact that their bitter rivals will be enjoying time in the spotlight. NTI football fans will have to make do with two June friendlies against Ecuador and Trinidad & Tobago.

QPR WORLD

James II speaks about Promotion, contract dispute

QPR World: Hello Gwilym, haven't spoken to you in a while. First up, we got promoted last season, what do you think about that?

James II: Well, obviously I was delighted, I don't need to tell you or the fans that. I've often dreamed about playing in the Premier League and now that I'm here, it's brilliant

QPR World: You've recently been the subject of speculation regarding a new contract. Do you have anything to say about that?

James II: I want to stay at QPR, definately, but I want certain conditions in my contract. I'm hoping we can sort this dispute out so we can start focussing on on-field issues again.

QPR World: Looking further affield, STI have qualifiyed for the Gold Cup. How do you feel about that?

James II: Well I'm delighted with the invitation, and as international captain I'm looking forward to leading my team out in the summer at Mexico.

QPR World: Thank you Gwilym

You could tell from our friendly results that we wouldn't get in. Shame.

KUTGW mate! :thup:

A case of history repeating itself as STI got into the Gold Cup before NTI in the first sign up too. It shouldn't take long for the Northerners to catch up though as the Gold Cup is every two years and the World Cup Qualifying programme begins again in 2012. :thup:

Excited to be in the Gold Cup, Especially with a reasonable draw.

Another rubbish season at club level is not something to be excited about, I just hope I get a few more games towards the end of the season!

KUTGW!

Archived