The Return To Treasure Island: The Ultimate Rivalry Lives Again!

Jonathan NTI Gil Vicente Vit. Setubal ₤110k

Its a nice move for Jonathan to a club who is usually a top 6 Portuguese side

He still needs to move again if he wants a title, and he is not getting enough

games even where he is, this is a worry. The big clubs in Portugal stockpile

good players and don't play them. This does worry me.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On the video when the women say's "also known as T.I.T.S." i just burst out laughing.

proves how imature i am:)

Well, I put it in there, which proves the same about me I guess!

Haha loved the video :D TITS :p

And Gold cup :thup: Is HK Jnr out for the entire gold cup DodgeeD ?

Alas, one STI striker will be missing for the Gold Cup through injury but it isn't Heinrich Kroeger Jnr. - he will recover in time.

Well, I put it in there, which proves the same about me I guess!

Alas, one STI striker will be missing for the Gold Cup through injury but it isn't Heinrich Kroeger Jnr. - he will recover in time.

Good news that :D

May 2011 Update

As the end of season reports will be delayed until after the summer’s international fun is over, I thought I’d give you an extra update and show you the players’ stats with most of the season complete:

Most Appearances (Club)

[/font][/color][u][color=black][font=Courier New]No.[/font][/color][/u][color=black][font=Courier New]  [u]Player[/u]             [u]Nation[/u]  [u]Club[/u]       [u]Apps[/u][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New] [/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]1.   Theo Stigarakis    STI     Crewe      51[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]2.   J.D. Dodgson       STI     Swansea    49[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]3.   Fred Brookes       STI     Barnet     47[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]4.   Cristobal Blanco   NTI     Barnet     46(1)[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]5.   Jack Harrow        NTI     Swansea    38[/font][/color][color=black][font=Verdana]

Player Stats (Club)

STIers | NTIers

Player News:

• Tyler Burrows is now out of contract at Adeliade and remains at the club on a month-to-month deal. Queensland Roar are still interested but have yet to make an offer.
  • J.D. Dodgson, Fred Brookes, Robert Blowcrapup and Molind Tner now all have one month remaining on their respective contracts. Dodgson seems set to leave as he is unhappy at Swansea; Brookes also seems set to move on with no offer forthcoming from Barnet; Blowcrapup (Dundee Utd) and Tner (Ajax) are currently in negotiations with their clubs ove rnew deals.
  • Benat Fernandez Iglesiais, Lawrence Lazewski, Hawkini and Theo Stigarakis are all unhappy following their clubs rejecting offers and have expressed their dersire to move on to bigger clubs.
  • With the summer trasnfer window approaching, the following players are appearing in the transfer rumour pages:
[/font][/color][u][color=black][font=Courier New]Player[/font][/color][/u][color=black][font=Courier New]             [u]Nation[/u]  [u]Club[/u]       [u]Wanted by[/u][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New] [/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]J.D. Dodgson       STI     Swansea    Rapid Wien, Getafe, Tabzonspor[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]Juan Alvaro Brown  NTI     Porto      Las Palmas, Hoffenheim[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]Ondrej Hasek       STI     Perugia    Siena[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]Robert Blowcrapup  NTI     Dundee Utd Cardiff, Coventry, Leicester, [/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]                                      Aberdeen[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]Liam Ferguson      STI     Seongnam   Dinamo Kiev, Reading, Wigan, Pumas,[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]                                      Rosenborg, Catania, CFR Cluj[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]Craig Healy        STI     Porto      Belenenses, Academica, Nacional da Madeira[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]James Almond       NTI     Rayo       Castilla[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]Paul Hart Jnr      STI     Birmingham Hannover, Q.P.R.[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]Tyler Burrows      STI     Adelaide   Queensland Roar[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]B. F. Iglesias     NTI     Chivas USA Mantova[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]Lawrence Lazewski  NTI     Ösnabrück  Numerous German & French clubs[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]Hawkini            NTI     Zacatapec  Necaxa, Toluca, Morelia[/font][/color][color=black][font=Verdana]

New Kid On The Block

In one other piece of news, the Southern Treasure Islands Football Federation announced today the termination of the playing regestration of John Lemon, citing the players lack of contributions on and off the pitch since the trials weekend way back in 2008. STI fans need not fear however as the federation immediately presented a new Southern Treasure Islands Football Federation Youngster who can fill Lemon’s spot at centre back:

Marcus van der Cook – a deal has been swiftly arranged for the player to join the youth ranks at Tottenham Hotspur on a 3 year contract.

As all of this happened afer the Gold Cup registration deadline, Lemon will still be in the 23 man squad but is not expected to feature. Speaking of which, the full STI squad will be announced shortly. ;)

'would you describe Paul Hart SR as World Class?'

'well, you've got me there'

:D

Wanted by Hannover and QPR, wouldn't mind a move to either of those clubs. Pretty sure that Paul Hart Jnr is rapidly approaching his father's cap 'record', will be interesting to see when he finally breaks it.

SkySports Newsflash

In a recent interview Van Der Cook expressed his great thanks to DodgeeD for allowing him to take the contract at Tottenham. He has moved to praise his colleagues at STI and is looking forward to developing his skills and linking up with his fellow countrymen in due course.

:D

Hopefully Osnabruck can either get promoted or let me go soon.

Will hopefully have a written transfer request in by the end of the day

I'm afraid they won't be getting promoted - quite the opposite in fact as they were relegated, which I believe prompted Lazewski's unhappiness at the club.

Well, Siena is a move up in Italian competition, unless they got shunted down the division. KUTGW Dodge!

Perugia on the other hand got their promotion and will be in Serie B next season. Maybe better for Hasek to stay put...

Those clips were great lads :D

Hamilton getting 1st team action, albeit with a not very good average rating :( Where am i DD, can't remember :o

Murcia, Liga adelante

Southern Treasure Islands Gold Cup Squad Announced

At a press conference earlier today, the 22 man STI squad for the upcoming CONCACAF Gold Cup was announced. There were no real surprises as 19 of the 20 stars of the future unveiled nearly 3 seasons ago were named. The only absentee is J.D. Dodgson. The Swansea striker and son of STI boss Jason de Mire is out until July with a twisted knee picked up in Swansea's final game of he season and will not be able to join up with the squad. That leaves STI with only two out-and-out strikers, Heinrich Kroeger Jnr. and Gus Crazy, so we can expect Loic Philippens and possibly Captain Gingerbread Jnr to be called on for striking duties as well. Gingerbread is currently recovering from a knock but should be fit in time for the opening game with Cuba on June 1st.

Aside from injury concerns, STI fans may be troubled by the fact that they will have to manage without Liam Ferguson and Theo Stigarakis for the first match as both defenders are suspended due to bookings received in World Cup Qualifying two years ago. Cardiovascular is likely to be played at centre back for the first game and Billy Whalley may well be handed his debut alongside the Wigan man.

Here is the squad in full:

2011STIGoldCupSquad.jpg

STIers will no doubt be relishing the prospect of competitive football and we hope to bring you the group stage match reports over the weekend. NTI fans will have the distraction of two friendlies in the meantime and they will most likely be hoping STI are eliminated by the time those matches are done so they are not forced to watch from afar...

We also hope to bring you some comments from the players and management, both from the South and the North in the run up to the games.

;)

STI News

STI have been invited to the Gold Cup, unlike NTI who were unsurprisingly snubbed by the organisers. The official stance is that they just didn't perform well enough to warrent a place, in reality we know it's because they are *****. Anyway, our reporter Polly McParrot caught up with Fred Brookes.

Polly McParrot - Fred, it's been a while since we last spoke.

Fred Brookes - Too long Polly, too long. I've been focusing on making Barnet the best team in the world, however having that NTI'er Blanco in the team has been holding us back, without him we would be the holders of the Champions League by now.

Polly McParrot - If you say so Fred, rumours are that they have not offered you a new contract, even though you have asked for one.

Fred Brookes - Well, they didn't want to pay my clean sheet bonus, I am so great that they thought that the £5 a game I requested for a clean sheet would make them bankrupt, therefore it looks as though I'm off in the summer.

Polly McParrot - Moving onto STI, you must be happy that you have made the squad for the Gold Cup?

Fred Brookes - It's fantastic, the only trouble being that my fellow STI keeper, Blackbeard has become a better keeper than me and so is keeping me out of the team. But I don't begrudge him that, if it's best for STI then it's best for me.

Polly McParrot - NTI haven't been invited to play in the gold cup, what are your thoughts on this?

Fred Brookes - They're a bunch of Hoppers really.

Polly McParrot - Hoppers?

Fred Brookes - Indeed

Can't wait for the Gold Cup to start :thup:

Lazewski hands in transfer request

Osnabruck defender Lawrence Lazewski has recently handed in a transfer request saying, "I need to get out of here, I need a bigger challenge and I know clubs are interested in me." This does not come as a surprise to recently relegated Osnabruck, but they are keen to keep a hold of their bright young star and hope he can bring them straight back up. We will have more on this as time goes on.

STI Glitter at the Gold Cup as Cuba Get Hit for 6

Group A, Matchday 1: Southern Treasure Islands v. Cuba

Date: 01.06.2011

Competition: CONCACAF Gold Cup, Group A

Venue: Aloha Stadium, Honolulu, Hawaii

STI Line-up (4-4-2): Blackbeard; Castagnoli, Whalley, Cardiovascular, Hasek; Hart Jnr, Smith, James II ©, Burrows; Crazy, Kroeger Jnr.

Subs: Brookes, Bobinho Jr, Healy, Philippens, van Pieters, Hayward, Gingerbread Jnr

1st Half: STI came into the game expecting a win but there were concerns over the makeshift nature of the defence with Cardiovascular moved to the centre and 19 year-old Walsall defender Whalley set for his debut. Shortly after the match began, it was clear that there was no need for concern as STI took control and immediately went on the attack. Castagnoli, having overcome the nerves that had affected his performances in recent friendlies, created the first chance by crossing to Gus Crazy who shot just over. Shortly afterwards, some neat passing from Kroeger Jnr and Tom Smith set up Paul Hart Jnr for a good chance and it bacame apparent that it was a matter of when, not if, STI would take the lead. The answer was 23 minutes. Castagnoli started the move, passing infield to James II who fed the ball to Kroeger Jnr. The Gimnastic striker seemed ste to shoot but instead ran into the box before pulling the ball back to Tom Smith who stroked it into the back of the net with ease. Kroeger Jnr. was involved again as STI doubled their lead before half-time as he played the ball to Gus Crazy who was fouled just inside the area. Captain Gwilym J. James II stepped up to net the spot kick and give the Southerners a two goal cushion heading into the break.

Half Time Score: STI 2, Cuba 0

2nd Half: STI boss de Mire did his job well at half-time ensuring complacency did not creep in and sending his charges out to kill off the game. Within 7 minutes of the restart it was 3-0 as the Cuban defence failed to deal with a Hart Jnr cross and James II was on hand to score his second of the match. It had now become a matter of how many and ten minutes later it was 4. Again, the Cubans messed up a clearance, this time from a corner, allowing Tom Smith to collect the ball on the outside the area and play it to Hart Jnr, who took one touch before turning and firing a low shot into the bottom corner of the net. Cuba tried to prevent further embarassment after that and held out until the final minute when a free kick was given away some 40 yards out. Healy played it short to substitute Loic Philippens who ran forward before unleashing an unstoppable 30 yard screamer. The icing on the cake came from another free ick in stoppage time as Whalley marked his debut with a goal. The result and the performance will send shockwaves through the competition.

Final Score: STI 6, Cuba 0 | STI Player Ratings & Stats

Man of the Match: Gwilym J. James II (8.7)

Attendance: 49,991

Video Highlights: The Goals | Post-match reaction from the STI boss

* Colour code:

Grey = ‘greyed-out’ player

Blue = regen

Green = naturalised player

In the other Group A game, the U.S.A. overcame Jamaica 3-0 despite having a man sent off.

Mexico started off well in Group B with a 3-0 win over El Salvador. Canada enjoyed a win by the same scoreline over Guatemala. Group C produced no surprises as Costa Rica beat Panama by a single goal and Honduras repeated that scoreline against the Netherlands Antilles.

Great start to the tournament. And a good performance by Castagnoli too for once, hopefully now he'll have some confidence for the international games.

As I suspected, once a game could be run on full detail, Castagnoli's level of performance picked up :thup:

What the feck? We score 6 goals but I don't even net one? :D My first assist was ace though :cool:

Brilliant win for STI there, credit to the lads for doing a very professional second half performance.

The videos are great mate. KUTGW :thup: Looking forward to the next match now.

The time has arrived. The Gold Cup is upon us at the STI, and we showed are true strength by whooping Cuba 6-0. Add to that the promotion of my club Perugia to Serie B and this has been a great year for me. Now onward to a bigger day for STI and Perugia!

~From the diary of Ondrej Hasek, dated 7/6/09

Matchday 2 report to come tomorrow. What do you guys think of the videos? Is it worth me doing them again?

In case you NTI boys are feeling left out, there will be a friendly report for you tomorrow as well. ;)

Matchday 2 report to come tomorrow. What do you guys think of the videos? Is it worth me doing them again?

In case you NTI boys are feeling left out, there will be a friendly report for you tomorrow as well. ;)

I am feeling left out but i don't want another friendly:( lol, they are calculated so badly on fm that no matter who we are playing its not going to be a great performance.

Love the videos, "Spank the Yanks" :D

On the bench again :(

At least we are playing well, 6-0 :eek:

KUTGW DodgeeD :thup:

Southerners Hold Their Own Against U.S.A...

(...But Not For Long Enough :()

Group A, Matchday 2: U.S.A. v. Southern Treasure Islands

Date: 04.06.2011

Competition: CONCACAF Gold Cup, Group A

Venue: Aloha Stadium, Honolulu, Hawaii

STI Line-up (4-4-2): Blackbeard; Castagnoli, Ferguson ©, Stigarakis, Cardiovascular; Hart Jnr, Smith, Gingerbread Jnr, Bobinho Jr; Crazy, Philippens

Subs: Brookes, Hasek, Burrows, van Pieters, Kroeger Jnr., Whalley, Lemon

1st Half: STI rung the changes for their key clash with the U.S.A. As expected, Ferguson and Stigarakis returned to the starting line-up after suspension with Cardiovacular moving to left back and Hasek dropping to the bench. The award of starting places to Bobinho on the wing and Gingerbread Jnr in the middle was more of a surprise. Philippens was also brought in after his stunning strike against Cub with Kroeger Jnr. dropping to the bench. STI were heavy underdogs but started brightly, Bobinho Jr cutting inside but shooting just wide. Soon enough, the Americans started to attack though with Adu and Altidore causing problems for the STI defence. Luckily for them, the forward pair were largely wasteful with their chances, failing to force Blackbeard into a save. The first save was made by Tim Howard as a swift STI move resulted in Philippens playing Hart Jnr through but the young winger saw the American goalie athletically tip his effort wide. Blackbeard was finally called into action as Altidore powered a header towards the goal but proved himself more than equal to the shot.

Half Time Score: U.S.A. 0, STI 0

2nd Half: After an even first half, the U.S.A. came out looking fired up and started to put a lot of pressure on the Southerners at the back. STI’s cause wasn’t helped by Stigarakis and Ferguson struggling with knocks and they were eventually caught out from a corner. Ferguson rose to head the ball away but it only went as far as Altidore who controlled it and smashed an effort into the back of the net from distance. That gave the advantage to the host nation and Liam Ferguson had to play through the pain barrier to keep STI in it with the captain not missing a tackle or a header all game. With 8 minutes left on the clock, the Southerners suddenly got a breakthrough. Two subs combined with Hasek playing ball over the top to Kroeger Jnr. The striker fluffed his shot embarassingly wide but he was spared blushes by Oguchi Onyewu who inexplicably hacked down Philippens even though he was nowhere near the ball. Tom Smith stepped up for the resulting penalty to level the scores. The late drama was not finsihed there though as the U.S.A. went to a 4-2-4 formation and chased the win. They got it when a free kick in the centre circle was played through the middle to Felix Garcia, who turned on the edge of the area and shot into the top corner to grab a dramatic win for the hosts.

Final Score: U.S.A. 2, STI 1 | STI Player Ratings & Stats

Attendance: 49,991

Video Highlights: The Goals

* Colour code:

Blue = regen

In the other Group A game, Jamaica got their camapign back on track with a 3-0 over Cuba. That means going into the final game against each other, both Jamaica and STI have 3 points. STI have the better goal difference however. With the top two guaranteed passage to the quarter finals and the two best third-placed sides also going through, STI are well placed but they will want a win to get a better seeding for the next round.

In the other games, Mexico booked their passage from Group B to the quarter finals with a tight 1-0 win over Canada while Guatemala and El Salvador only did each other harm by palying out a 1-1 draw. In Group C, Honduras and Costa Rica finished their game 1-1 and Netherlands Antilles nearly caused the first upset of the competition as they were a few minutes from a famous victory over Panama but ended up drawing 1-1.

Meanwhile, somewhere near the equator.....

Ecuador v. Northern Treasure Islands

Date: 04.06.2011

Competition: International friendly

Venue: Modelo, Guayaquil

NTI Line-up (4-4-2): Harrow; Jonathan, Alvaro Brown, Hamilton, Lazewski ©; Bojangles, Barkley, Boyle, Iglesias; Browne, Gonzalez JR

Subs: Almond, Twigge Jr, Gray, Flash, Blowcrapup, Hawkini, Tner, Barron, Collingwood

With all the focus on the Southern scum at the Gold Cup, NTI fans needed a distarction and it came in the form of a friendly in Ecuador (this means NTI now haven’t played a home game in over three years, prompting rumours that boss McBob is involved in some kind of tax scam or parental lawsuit). Following some disappointing form in recent games, the Northerners were looking for an improvement but it was a familar feeling early in the game as the home side took an early lead through Christian Benitez. NTI looked out of sorts for most of the first half as they were uanble to effectively launch any attacks against the organised Ecuadorians. The second half saw a change though as NTI slowly began to have an impact on the game. The introduction of Blowcrapup and Flash gave them some more bite but they suffered a cruel blow as Ecuador hit them on the break and scored a second. NTI kept at it though and pulled a goal back with 6 minutes to go as Blowcrapup was fouled on the edge of the area. He got up, dusted himself off and fired the free kick straight in. The desired second goal never came though and NTI were defeated again, despite a better performance.

Final Score: Ecuador 2, NTI 1 | NTI Player Ratings & Stats

Attendance: 44,962

* Colour code:

Blue = regen

Archived