Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

28 minutes ago, diLLa88 said:

Makes sense.

This does however not consider that State A could be heavily influenced negatively against the player due to previous overperformance to make the game more "challenging", where no matter how much you change it to State B or C with tactical adjustment it will still be a loss for you because it's just so much skewed towards a positive AI result changes cannot heavily impact it anymore.

Not saying it's that case, but it does sometimes feel that no matter what you do a result is set in stone which is what the previous comments refer to.

Last year (FM23) someone making that argument threw a save file at the forum from immediately before a match.  The player in question had replayed the match tens of times and always lost.  He challenged anyone to get a win.  A few people downloaded the file and had a go, and although no-one managed the win, a couple of those who downloaded got a draw.  Better tacticians may well have got a win, but the point is that even a match that seems to have a result set in stone probably hasn't unless there is a serious mismatch in the team's abilities or negatives from morale, pressure, complacency, tiredness, home advantage etc outweigh what can be done via tactical changes, timely substitutions etc.

Edited by rp1966

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, diLLa88 said:

Makes sense.

This does however not consider that State A could be heavily influenced negatively against the player due to previous overperformance to make the game more "challenging", where no matter how much you change it to State B or C with tactical adjustment it will still be a loss for you because it's just so much skewed towards a positive AI result changes cannot heavily impact it anymore.

Not saying it's that case, but it does sometimes feel that no matter what you do a result is set in stone which is what the previous comments refer to.

Of course, there are things that will most likely stay through the states, such as player morale, complacency, fitness, etc. Those will not change after the game is started. So if the team is complacent before the match, as the manager haven't sufficiently dealt with it, then that will stack up against one of the managers, and no tactical change might do enough to swap it around to a win. But this is NOT done artificially to make the game challenging or easy (depending on how you see it), but rather to simulate human behaviour (for better or worse). And that's the crux of this, the game does NOT separate between a human manager and AI one, in any regard. The "football world" in the game plods along and will ebb and flow based on a lot of things, and a human manager might impact or not, but the game does not see that as "human intervention", but rather the human manager as one of many "entities" that impact it. Rich clubs will impact more than poor clubs, but human vs AI does not make a difference other than the human being able to do things the AI wouldn't do based on the internal logic.

The same goes for the match engine, if a team is complacent the ME will add that to its calculations no matter if it's a human managed team or an AI managed team. So yes, the variables might be so stacked against you IN a match, that no matter what you do, you cannot win, but that doesn't mean the game did that to you, you just didn't deal with it BEFORE the match.

To give an example, in my current save I'm trying to win the CONCACAF CL with a team from Curaçao. At the moment I'm very dominant domestically as well in the Carib cups, but I struggle to make progress against US and Mexican teams. That still doesn't prevent me from going on crazy streaks, and my main thing to deal with is complacency and over confidence, since we are so much better than most of the teams I face. But I've still won almost every gamet this season:

enKWN0W.png

GDE92hR.png

My only loss this season was away to a Canadian side in the CONCACAF CL, and I've only drawn one match since then, the rest is wins. What I mainly do is try to keep the players hungry for more. I know we are good enough to win every other match, we just need to show up. If the game would create "artificial challenges" when does it trigger for me? It doesn't because of three factors

1. The game doesn't work like that. It doesn't have a "drama trigger".
2. My team is vastly superior to the teams I face, so we steamroll most of them.
3. I keep the team complacency in check, for the most part anyway, by demanding more of them. Such as the 3-2 at home to Inter Willemstad was an excellent time to berate them for playing poor, even if we won, and they followed it by a 5-0 in the next.

Now, I expect I'll lose eventually. I'll get "FMed" or get an early red card, or any other random chance thing that will happen eventually if I play enough games. But it is not something the games does to "challenge" me, it happens because of variables you are mostly able to influence. Sure, once in a while you'll get screwed by random chance, but that happens in real life too, why else does top teams lose to lower league sides every once in a while? I'm not saying how it works is perfect, but I'm saying there is no scripting or artificial drama added in the game, only variables and some random luck of the dice.

1 minute ago, XaW said:

Man, can I jinx myself! :D

187jYpb.png

Rigged i tell ya.

I don't really believe it myself either, but I understand that some players feel that it is so. Those games where not a single highlight is produced no matter what you do are the worst.

8 minutos atrás, diLLa88 disse:

Rigged i tell ya.

I don't really believe it myself either, but I understand that some players feel that it is so. Those games where not a single highlight is produced no matter what you do are the worst.

But this is realistic as well. The way FM simulates a season is quite good actually, there are many examples in real life of great Teams getting complacent and the manager can't do anything apart from changing players and expect the new ones are hungrier to win. 

In Brazil it happens a lot that big teams keep players that have won trophies before and complacency is installed in a way that not even a great manager is capable of making them perform properly. Sometimes the only way out is to change half the team, which few clubs have the courage to do.

The reason why Real Madrid is so successful in football is that they know how to manage this like anyone else. Sometimes they even get rid players before complacency kicks in, like selling Benzema, Casemiro, even though they were not starting to perform poorly. In Benzemas case, he was gone right after his best season. How many clubs do this ?

In FM sometimes when we are winning too much, we don't pay much attention to morale, complacency, and the game takes this into consideration, stacking up bad decisions along the way (not doing anything in a winning streak is a bad decision, since you have to check players complacency) and eventually you will lose. 

30 minutes ago, Rodrigogc said:

But this is realistic as well. The way FM simulates a season is quite good actually, there are many examples in real life of great Teams getting complacent and the manager can't do anything apart from changing players and expect the new ones are hungrier to win. 

In Brazil it happens a lot that big teams keep players that have won trophies before and complacency is installed in a way that not even a great manager is capable of making them perform properly. Sometimes the only way out is to change half the team, which few clubs have the courage to do.

The reason why Real Madrid is so successful in football is that they know how to manage this like anyone else. Sometimes they even get rid players before complacency kicks in, like selling Benzema, Casemiro, even though they were not starting to perform poorly. In Benzemas case, he was gone right after his best season. How many clubs do this ?

In FM sometimes when we are winning too much, we don't pay much attention to morale, complacency, and the game takes this into consideration, stacking up bad decisions along the way (not doing anything in a winning streak is a bad decision, since you have to check players complacency) and eventually you will lose. 

Sure it's realistic, but the game does not always communicate well to the player what goes on in the game and the bad interaction system does not really help either.

In games, generally the players do not like to feel helpless and that is something you sometimes feel in this game whenever you have one of those games where nothing seems to work whatever you do.

17 minutos atrás, diLLa88 disse:

Sure it's realistic, but the game does not always communicate well to the player what goes on in the game and the bad interaction system does not really help either.

In games, generally the players do not like to feel helpless and that is something you sometimes feel in this game whenever you have one of those games where nothing seems to work whatever you do

In fact, a lot of what happens in the game is not yet clear to many, but maybe that's something that they want people to figure out by themselves. Or maybe it is clarified in FMs Manual, which I and lots of people never read, I don't know. I'm an FM veteran and still don't understand how the hidden attributes work, so...

That is when the greatness of this community comes into play.

Edited by Rodrigogc

14 hours ago, forameuss said:

I'd put the ME above it.  I think people discount just how much work has gone in to making what we see today, and instead just point to its flaws.  

The database is probably less insurmountable.  PES/ISS proved that you can just thumb your nose at licensing and get away with it as long as the game itself is entertaining enough to play.  But without a decent enough match engine, it falls apart quite quickly.  Having neither is the default position of anyone entering the market, and that's suicide.

I understand the argument, I just don't agree with it.  Competition isn't coming, I feel comfortable enough in saying that.  So you have a choice on a product you don't enjoy - you can buy it or not, but mindlessly buying and then talking about how it's the same for several versions is just so, so pointless.  Of course it hasn't changed!  By buying you're implicitly telling SI their direction is valid!  

But we were told this was the game with all the changes...In fairness though SI really wwent out with all this"most complete" version ever and had other promises about the game that are not so....they were really selling this version more than ohers....i fell for it,so did others....people had a choice yes but were sold one game and got a completly different game-Huge difference there....ill never make that mistake again-I was blinded by promo on this game....is defo not buyers who should be looked at here....

11 minutes ago, dannyo666 said:

But we were told this was the game with all the changes...In fairness though SI really wwent out with all this"most complete" version ever and had other promises about the game that are not so....they were really selling this version more than ohers....i fell for it,so did others....people had a choice yes but were sold one game and got a completly different game-Huge difference there....ill never make that mistake again-I was blinded by promo on this game....is defo not buyers who should be looked at here....

To be honest, the marketing for FM24 did more to put me off the product than entice me to buy it if we're going down that road.  It was a sub-note in a marketing piece for another game.  And at the end of it all, it's marketing.  It probably is the "most complete", but that isn't going to mean it's remotely complete.  Anything else is just wishful thinking as to what the game was going to provide.  The same format has been in place for FM for many, many years now, yet people still act surprised when it happens again. And in that case, yes it absolutely is the buyers who should be looked at.  If you buy FM18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 and continually complain about how SI do things, then any further complaints kind of ring hollow, because...well, what did you expect?  This is probably the only game remaining that offers you a fully featured (albeit time-limited) demo post-release where you can form your own opinion without any financial outlay.  If you still decide just to buy blind, that's unfortunate, but it is on you.

18 minutes ago, forameuss said:

To be honest, the marketing for FM24 did more to put me off the product than entice me to buy it if we're going down that road.  It was a sub-note in a marketing piece for another game.  And at the end of it all, it's marketing.  It probably is the "most complete", but that isn't going to mean it's remotely complete.  Anything else is just wishful thinking as to what the game was going to provide.  The same format has been in place for FM for many, many years now, yet people still act surprised when it happens again. And in that case, yes it absolutely is the buyers who should be looked at.  If you buy FM18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 and continually complain about how SI do things, then any further complaints kind of ring hollow, because...well, what did you expect?  This is probably the only game remaining that offers you a fully featured (albeit time-limited) demo post-release where you can form your own opinion without any financial outlay.  If you still decide just to buy blind, that's unfortunate, but it is on you.

I've never had any major "game breaking" problems with any FM since CM3 is my point really....yes bugs here and there but not to this extent...ive been lurking here for years reading others posts, learning and solving the issues myself and finding a workaround.....its just this version there is too much which is why i started posting here as i thought id get answers to my problems but realised quickly the problems in my save, everyone else was having them too....FM is an amazing game, but now it seems to have gone backwards on so many things that have been logged...i dont play anything else....who knows maybe a patch will fix some big issues....i hope so at least

I'm in my 2nd season saka wins player of the year and guess what he's only scored 2 goals and he's not been good this season i hope they can improve the game

and have more goals because the only players who are scoring most goals are son & haaland and the others are nowhere near that level

since the minor update they've reduced number of goals scored per player they've done this a bit too much. I also have kai havertz whos gone 20 games without a goal 

I have been playing this game for many years but its so frustrating to see what they've done. 

3 minutes ago, chris72 said:

I'm in my 2nd season saka wins player of the year and guess what he's only scored 2 goals and he's not been good this season i hope they can improve the game

and have more goals because the only players who are scoring most goals are son & haaland and the others are nowhere near that level

since the minor update they've reduced number of goals scored per player they've done this a bit too much. I also have kai havertz whos gone 20 games without a goal 

I have been playing this game for many years but its so frustrating to see what they've done. 

Please report bugs in the bug tracker when you spot them rather than here.

8 hours ago, diLLa88 said:

Makes sense.

I would politely disagree. In my latest Twitch streams I have been playing a challenge where  I need to use ordinary players against sides that have players running around breaking every rule in the game. There is one team that has 7 players including a keeper with 200 CA/PA. All his attributes are 20.  Not every team is like that but just enough to make it difficult for me to finish in champions league spoots. There are around 90 of these players controlled by subscribers who opt to spin wheels to add on to their attributes.

i have no option but to use normal players. It took me 6 seasons to build up a wonderkid factory with my own players who developed into players who could help. My last 20 games in the league I was unbeaten, I strung 8 clean sheets in a row on the way to our title. Doing all this with opposition instructions to shut down players, reacting to subtle AI role changes that would completely turn their tactics around, opting to use a player who hugged wide when my other inside cutting winger ran into traffic.

When I saw a super newgen, that’s what I call my subscribers players, cutting inside as an IW to score an early goal, I immediately showed him to his other foot to keep him wide. We won that match. Tactical changes during matches played a big part in me winning the league. 

So yeah if you pay attention to the highlights you can flip the script and turn things on its head for the right result.  For years FM was a game just about changing mentality or the tactic,  it’s not the same game anymore. 

The game has obvious flaws, the data hub is useless in my opinion, I only use it to check what the opposition formation is. I use it for nothing else. I don’t think this was a fantastic version of the game, but the engine while it still has some flaws ( no indirect free kick options), it’s still fun to play.

7 hours ago, dannyo666 said:

Scouting is all over the place-and not just for me....scouting was always great but on 24 the lack of recommendation's is absurd

Fair enough. I've been experiencing a lack of recommendations myself, it's not consistent. There's many players I would have expected my scouts to find by now but they haven't.

When you've agreed to leave the club, to join another at the end of the season, you lose all control of transfers and contracts - they're then handled by the club.

However, players still come to you moaning for contracts and loan/transfers, but you can't see it through for them - therefore these messages shouldn't happen for the manager to deal with and should be handled by the club - not a bug, but defo an oversight in the coding.

Example below:

image.png.beb36b5620c515eff03a8bde2da24ab8.png

image.png.d193a3ff78ca57c22670515643ea6f9c.png

image.png.a1d4c5e568f088cbc22ab8b4a058f4ff.png

Edited by stevemc

23 minutes ago, stevemc said:

Also, I have no mentoring groups set up:

image.png.1b9e4c0d0899e44a0f1fe357604ff2b4.png

But I receive messages about players picking up traits via mentoring...

image.png.9c0e748827128014c265d5ed131e0acf.png

Is this a bug?

Not exactly. I think the wording might be wrong.

the way I understand/understood it is that players can pick up traits from those who have a high influence on your squad and are in the same training unit (goalkeeper, defensive and attacking unit).

so basically, players can pick up traits etc without being in a mentoring group.

thats how I understand it, anyway 

Something weird happened to me in this FM

I actually like the ME , everything runs good and smooth

But since November i haven't touched the game. 

I don't know why, but first time since FM08 that i don't have a career in FM. 

59 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

Not exactly. I think the wording might be wrong.

the way I understand/understood it is that players can pick up traits from those who have a high influence on your squad and are in the same training unit (goalkeeper, defensive and attacking unit).

so basically, players can pick up traits etc without being in a mentoring group.

thats how I understand it, anyway 

That makes sense but agree the language doesn't make it clear :thup:

12 hours ago, stevemc said:

That makes sense but agree the language doesn't make it clear :thup:

Yeah, some messages that come up in your inbox have errors. I get messages that refer to a player as he, him, she, and her all in the same message.

But would be great to get some confirmation on the player trait stuff, though. 

Edited by RDF Tactics

why is it so difficult for my players to score goals but the computer scores 2 goals in 2 seconds and if it goes to var its always offside for me

can't they make a match engine that doesn't allow that result to already be made before the game has even started; ofcourse I would like

some difficulty but it just feels like I'm being robbed. 

Is this guy failing to get any caps/squad call ups a CA/PA issue ? ( I guess its very low due to him being one of my lowest paid 1st teamers and no clubs trying to sign him the entire time Ive been here except a couple mid table teams).

He plays as a CM has been too good for me to drop since a few months into season 1

Bence3.png.051252c5994acb8170c11620c5b26def.png

Bence2.thumb.png.d59ce7f3cdce95df1af3799ac85e987a.png

Bence.thumb.png.f7e74867e6fafcf683533e789d99c105.png

Even won European Golden Boy which fails to show up on his biography.

Is there any method to stop Ultradefesiv AI team to stack up passes between defenders? I tried every combination possible, man marking defenders, DM's , ultra high pressing, defensive line.

Nothing works. This is a bug of the current ME i assume

Also, tight matches always go to AI's favor. Their Goalkeepers are always performing. It's genuinely starting to drive me crazy. Cant remember any undeserved win i had... And always in the champions league.....

image.png.2d33b990e342db8ecb5bad01d156fef7.pngimage.png.5b89ca0e38b2c607c668f61aecafc3d0.png

image.png.5697a5ef51efd5896562a9f80a717498.pngimage.png.1fc04c09ee41033db7ce4041205b5e8e.png

Another game , another example...

image.png.405ca79f52e1a997b349a692246ec79d.png

Edited by andu1

6 hours ago, andu1 said:

Is there any method to stop Ultradefesiv AI team to stack up passes between defenders? I tried every combination possible, man marking defenders, DM's , ultra high pressing, defensive line.

I haven't found one.

20 hours ago, Showerman said:

Is this guy failing to get any caps/squad call ups a CA/PA issue ? ( I guess its very low due to him being one of my lowest paid 1st teamers and no clubs trying to sign him the entire time Ive been here except a couple mid table teams).

The German NT doesn't call up any players unless you tinker with the game files.

8 hours ago, andu1 said:

Also, tight matches always go to AI's favor. Their Goalkeepers are always performing. It's genuinely starting to drive me crazy. Cant remember any undeserved win i had... And always in the champions league.....

image.png.2d33b990e342db8ecb5bad01d156fef7.pngimage.png.5b89ca0e38b2c607c668f61aecafc3d0.png

image.png.5697a5ef51efd5896562a9f80a717498.pngimage.png.1fc04c09ee41033db7ce4041205b5e8e.png

Another game , another example...

image.png.405ca79f52e1a997b349a692246ec79d.png

Just had a rage quit as I drew 4-4 with a team that managed 0.84 XG and 3 shots on target, following on from an earlier 5-5 draw where the opposition had 1.14 XG and 6 shots on target. This sort of game and especially teams scoring with their first shot on target happens far too often.

16 hours ago, andu1 said:

I play a 433dm on my streams. Typically I shut down most formations that seek to play out from the back, I use OIs to tight mark one defender, their deepest lying centre mid and I trigger press the other defender and hard tackle him. It usually works. They can never build out. If they are playing more defensive variants like a back 5 with a DM then it’s harder forcing me to switch to a 4231 where I can use an AMC. Using OIs again I shut out their DM apply pressure on the backline with a higher block. So far I haven’t had a defensive team keep a ball against me. They usually get routed.

12 hours ago, KingCanary said:

Just had a rage quit as I drew 4-4 with a team that managed 0.84 XG and 3 shots on target, following on from an earlier 5-5 draw where the opposition had 1.14 XG and 6 shots on target. This sort of game and especially teams scoring with their first shot on target happens far too often.

Im on the verge of deleting my save. I understand 1 or 2 games it might happen , but 4 in a row it's next to impossible IRL. I ve scored 4 goals from a total xg of 9.08... ALWAYS in the Champions league, its like clockwork

Not to mention that i hve hit the woodwork only 3 times in this game....

image.png.51c89ded0ab231135b8c605429e35715.png

image.png.ec25e89efc4f164855e725b6e4d39c22.png

Edited by andu1

Every 3 days Al Hilal make an identical derisory offer for Saka, throughout every window. Offer hasn't changed across 3 windows. 24 year old Saka, an important player at champions of england and europe Arsenal (leave it...) is in constant mourning about not being allowed to leave (the offer is £142m less than he agreed was fair).

Its really fun.

I had a loan offer accepted by Man Utd for Tyler Mirelli (I think his name is) and after acceptance, I entered contract negotiations with the player who wanted a five year contract. I didn't want to sign him, I only wanted to loan him. Is this a bug?

58 minutes ago, SynergyIso7 said:

I had a loan offer accepted by Man Utd for Tyler Mirelli (I think his name is) and after acceptance, I entered contract negotiations with the player who wanted a five year contract. I didn't want to sign him, I only wanted to loan him. Is this a bug?

You added (or agreed to) a fee to to purchase the player at the end of the loan. This can be either a mandatory fee or a fee conditional on appearences or achievements. Not a bug.

Is anyone else experiencing low ratings for centre backs? 

No matter if I'm winning a game 6-0, unless a CB scores a goal, they get low ratings every match. If I'm losing, they get low 6's or high 5's. I have world class CBs on 6.8 average ratings in treble winning seaons. I tried other tactics and roles, but my CBs always end up with low ratings.

I'm into my fifth season with Torino. I struggled hard to find the tactics that works and prevent those crazy results (crazy 4-4 draws, or losing againt an horrible team which scored at the first minute of the game on their only attempt...). Into my fifth season it's quite the opposite, now I score winning goals in the overtime, sometimes IA may score at 91th minute (and make me furious), but, to my surprise/pleasure, my guys would score again in the last seconds to claim a win. I had the instance several times in a matter of weeks. In the first 4 seasons I would never get these last minute wins .

So I don't know what happened, and what exactly has changed in my team, but right now in Serie A I have not lost 1 game in the entire season and I avoided plenty of draws againt the usual low class teams in Serie (Hellas Verone, Cremonese, Spezia etc) by scoring after the 80minute mark. I have 4 games left to play and I'm already at 90 points.

My two cents on the key to success in FM24 is the alchemy between players. When they know each other very well (the links in the tactics view), when they are friends etc , they are much better in these critical moments and they have the extra energy to claim a win. Particularly I noted that my guy Samuel Iling (an english wingman playing at Juventus IRL) scores a LOT in these minutes, with usually world class moves, dribbling into the box etc. The knowledge of the tactics is also super important IMHO. I think SI Games put extra emphasis this year on that.

Also I noted that once they know the strategy at maximum, if you change the tempo suddenly during a game, it does not look like they change it on the pitch. Seems like they cannot adapt quickly to a change like that, you'd have to train them first to a similar tactics with slower tempo for it to work.

So yeah it's super frustrating when these absurd results arrive, I would recommend maximizing links /frienship/mentoring and wait for the magic to happen. Obviously it's super difficult in the first seasons as you have to build your team and incorporate new players every 6 months.

I noted that some teams who changes Coach every 6 month in my save (for instance Juventus / Napoli) really struggle to get results. The new coach will fail undoubtebly because short term results seems to be very hard to achieve in FM24 and within 6 months they are fired (Zidane for instance, fired from Juventus...). There seem to be a vicious circle for these big teams which underperforms.

Probably the most important thing when hiring a guy is Collective / Determination attributes and mentality (professional etc). The technical attributes , as a lot of you pointed out, seems to be secondary. I don't know if Age has an impact on this - does not seem like.

By the way, Serie A is incredibly difficult to win, there are 3-4 really strong title contenders and most teams behind are of a good level. In my save, Fiorentina has been insanely strong - the hardest team to play against (better than ManCity/Barcelona/Bayern). Atalanta Bergame is also very strong (but weirdly not title contender). I won the title in season 4 at the last game with 86 points , but Fiorentina and AC Milan also had 86 points!

Edited by Maximum11

4 hours ago, Mitza said:

Is anyone else experiencing low ratings for centre backs? 

No matter if I'm winning a game 6-0, unless a CB scores a goal, they get low ratings every match. If I'm losing, they get low 6's or high 5's. I have world class CBs on 6.8 average ratings in treble winning seaons. I tried other tactics and roles, but my CBs always end up with low ratings.

This has been a problem for ever. This edition I do feel that positions like CB and DM are getting slightly better ratings and conversely my strikers get 6.5s if they don't score. The Devs have replied in the past that the game 'knows' about this and values non-scoring positions appropriately. So no-one will think your 6.8 CB is under-performing.

3 hours ago, Maximum11 said:

My two cents on the key to success in FM24 is the alchemy between players. When they know each other very well (the links in the tactics view), when they are friends etc , they are much better in these critical moments and they have the extra energy to claim a win. Particularly I noted that my guy Samuel Iling (an english wingman playing at Juventus IRL) scores a LOT in these minutes, with usually world class moves, dribbling into the box etc. The knowledge of the tactics is also super important IMHO. I think SI Games put extra emphasis this year on that.

Triple this. High morale, strong team dynamics, maxed tactical understanding, green lines, players who get on ... you can't lose. I don't think this is unrealistic ... contrast real life Man Utd & Chelsea with Spurs & Man City for example...

:onmehead:

22 hours ago, endtime said:

The German NT doesn't call up any players unless you tinker with the game files.

National Team activated

He just isnt rated even though he is on course for double digit G and A for the 3rd straight season.

44 minutos atrás, NineCloudNine disse:

This has been a problem for ever. This edition I do feel that positions like CB and DM are getting slightly better ratings and conversely my strikers get 6.5s if they don't score. The Devs have replied in the past that the game 'knows' about this and values non-scoring positions appropriately. So no-one will think your 6.8 CB is under-performing.

These ratings cast a bit of a false impression on people who play the game, I myself don't consider them anymore. DMs for instance, I think they will get higher rating if they are the tackling type, but if you play high up the pitch type of possession like Man City, he will get a good rating only if he assist or score, from what I've watch. But if you watch the full game, if he is the possession type like Rodri, you will see him doing his job properly but the game does not consider great pass accuracy, for example, as something to add to rating scores.  

That's why it is important to watch the full match so that you can rate your players yourself, based on what you expect from them. I like to have participative strikers, so sometimes they won't score but they will tackle, press, link up with the midfielders, but the game not giving him a great rating doesn't mean he is underperforming. The same applies to all the positions and roles.

When it comes to CBs you're better off looking at the player performance tab under reports to see their stats (blocks, tackles won, headers won etc). The game massively overrates goals scored so a player can have a bang average game, score a simple tap-in and finish with a 7.5.  It could also be that you're dominating a match so much that they don't actually have a lot to do.

17 hours ago, Rashidi said:

I play a 433dm on my streams. Typically I shut down most formations that seek to play out from the back, I use OIs to tight mark one defender, their deepest lying centre mid and I trigger press the other defender and hard tackle him. It usually works. They can never build out. If they are playing more defensive variants like a back 5 with a DM then it’s harder forcing me to switch to a 4231 where I can use an AMC. Using OIs again I shut out their DM apply pressure on the backline with a higher block. So far I haven’t had a defensive team keep a ball against me. They usually get routed.

One of the best advices i've seen. I actually saw the striker take the ball of a defender and score a goal:thup:

2 hours ago, alian62 said:

In SI defence they can't really win either way . People will always complain rather than praise.  The internet is full of people complaining.  So the game comes out and people on here who have an idea in their own minds what should happen start complaining.  While many are generally happy the weight of complaints makes SI make the  changes to please the minority ( As this is the way the world turns ) . This then brings in more people,  like yourself , complaining that the ME was better in the Beta stage . 

And as has it has been well documented that this ME is at at its end and they can't do what they wish to do with it hence the big headline about FM25 

Has it? Where has it been said that ME will be the main focus of change for fm25?

Edited by whatsupdoc

After finding lower league management too easy, started a save in Belgium with Cercle Brugge intending to dethrone Club Brugge. Finished 10th in the first season, but almost fluked a European spot through the playoffs. The second season done, I've won the league. :confused:

However, it was a struggle and I got insanely lucky numerous times. I had bad results, and a lot of tough patches that required a lot of micromanaging and I'm truly enjoying the save, but I'm starting to think that morale being waaaaay too strong is the reason why the game feels easier than before. Once you get on a tiny good run, it takes a couple of training praises and one correct click in the team meeting, and boom you're almost maxed out in the dressing room atmosphere. Pair that with good cohesion and you can steamroll the league. Also, I've noticed that the better the dynamics, the more close, stingy results will fall your way. 

Granted, I have a couple of truly good players with a strong leader on top of them. I guess it's realistic as the chemistry and morale are probably the most important things in football irl, but it needs to be toned down. It builds up way too fast. I assume that's also the reason why it's so easy to dominate in Eastern European and other small leagues. The balance between teams and AI is so bad that paired with your team's incredible dynamics you just become unstoppable. image.thumb.png.f2efe6772c097618a5bd0effe1c03dd6.png

On 20/12/2023 at 11:47, Zachary Whyte said:

I needed to show this off, while unfortunately offside, one of the best goals I've seen in FM! :D

FM GOAL GIF.gif

Reminded me of the goal in the Algeria v Angola game earlier today..... :lol: Commentator - "It's magnificent, but it won't count"