Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

Oh well, at least Si is back to consistent. Thinking with FM23, we'd seen for the last time, every major update managing to break other areas of the game. Now it's back with a vengeance ! The newgens not working for one and no way from the settings to add a manager picture. The workaround for both is adding "r-" in the config file to each player and manager pic. Also all players in the game have the wrong hairstyles, hair colours and skin colour. You can change the hair colour and style with the IGE, which you have to pay for but not skin colour. To do that you need a more in depth editor, like FMRTE, which you also have to pay for. Surely, some at Si HQ run the modified game before release ?? If that's the case, why are such errors not reported to those that certify such a release to us players ???

Edited by bartdude

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 30/11/2023 at 16:04, diLLa88 said:

Anyone else have this issue where the post-match analysis only has 1 item instead of multiple items including pass map, etc.?

a3685ead84ac0ffada4fd52f990fc894.png

This is really furstrating me since the update, have great analysts but all they do now is tell me the match momentum, which was one of the most useless pieces of info anyway

Decided to start an Arsenal save following the update. First thing I’ve noticed is the lack of involvement from the striker (Jesus as CF-A). Then I looked a little deeper, he only received the ball 17 times in the whole 90 minutes vs non-league opponents.

Been watching the games pre-season and it seems that no one wants to pass it into the striker, through-balls or even just the striker dropping back and playing simple passes. Had 1 highlight where Jesus was unmarked running forwards into space where no defenders and still played it wide.

I’ve not set passing to focus anywhere, but am playing on attacking and slightly wider. That shouldn’t affect the passing though, right?

Well that just happened.

afbeelding.png.665ef1b8efc76d14a425a2050421dd90.png

Now, yes Chelsea is awful. No, I don't understand how they went from second last season to twentieth halfway through the current season, which despite just being an extra 0 is quite a difference, but this is still pretty damn harsh.

Guess the update must've destroyed their tactics or something. :lol:

2 hours ago, bartdude said:

Oh well, at least Si is back to consistent. Thinking with FM23, we'd seen for the last time, every major update managing to break other areas of the game. Now it's back with a vengeance ! The newgens not working for one and no way from the settings to add a manager picture. The workaround for both is adding "r-" in the config file to each player and manager pic. Also all players in the game have the wrong hairstyles, hair colours and skin colour. You can change the hair colour and style with the IGE, which you have to pay for but not skin colour. To do that you need a more in depth editor, like FMRTE, which you also have to pay for. Surely, some at Si HQ run the modified game before release ?? If that's the case, why are such errors not reported to those that certify such a release to us players ???

SI are not responsible for 3rd party MODs . If they had to consider every mod in everyone's games they could never release a patch or update.  It's not for them to change their formula to suit mods it's for mods to change their own to suit the game . 

49 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

Well that just happened.

afbeelding.png.665ef1b8efc76d14a425a2050421dd90.png

Now, yes Chelsea is awful. No, I don't understand how they went from second last season to twentieth halfway through the current season, which despite just being an extra 0 is quite a difference, but this is still pretty damn harsh.

Guess the update must've destroyed their tactics or something. :lol:

Apparently the update fixed defensive issues and goalkeeper issues so tactics do need to change 

Good morning fellas.

I think SI did a good job with FM24.

Pre patch - my gripe was with 

1. Training -  cannot include recovery period after matches for U21/U18 training schedules

2. The ever famous player interaction bug as well squad depth complain

3. Match day UI - I dont need that many useless "touchline tablet" thingy

The flow of the game is overall better, loved how goals are made and scored.

Pre patch, I started the game with Arsenal - now, I am looking for long save with a challenging team (Brighton, Bournemouth, Torino, etc).

Overall, I am looking forward for a better post patch update on the game.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, alian62 said:

SI are not responsible for 3rd party MODs . If they had to consider every mod in everyone's games they could never release a patch or update.  It's not for them to change their formula to suit mods it's for mods to change their own to suit the game . 

Since when are the default players "3rd party MODS"

As someone who was vocally worried about any changes being made to the match engine, I have to say having been at first a little frustrated by my strikers all of a sudden being unable to hit a barn door if it fell on them, I am actually loving my save game currently.

Couple of reasons for that:

1) my issues around player interactions seem to have been fixed to a level that I'm happy with.

2) I've had a good "head canon" with this save. IE my internal narrative around the save has been fairly good. I won promotion last game of the season having lost and entering the changing rooms thinking we'd missed out only to find my rival had conceded in the 95th minute meaning we went up.

I signed a 37 year old former superstar (for this country) and he played brilliantly to take us to the clubs first ever FA cup win against his old team, who we'd lost 3-0 to 3 days prior not managing a single shot on goal.

3) the ME has a bit of frustration to it, the old ME didn't and was fun but that fun was fairly superficial and led to me getting bored of the saves especially when the problems with player interactions were thrown in.

4) added to this I've been able to get tactical styles I've never been able to work to function like I would want them to. Yes we lose or draw games we sometimes should win but overall my route one, mid-block counter attacking tactic works like I'd expect it to. 

I've even got a 4-4-2 diamond to work which is pretty much a first for me.

5) the AI actually seem to be pretty good at squad building in the more obscure leagues this year. Usually after 3 seasons I'd be winning the title with ease as the formerly dominant sides have lost their best players and spent lots of money on rubbish.

This season I'm a good 25 points off winning a title as the dominant side have gotten even more dominant, replacing their best players with better ones and developing their youth players.

This is going to make winning the league a very big challenge.

I've gone from enjoying the game to loving it with the changes the minor and major patches have brought in.

Edited by kiwityke1983

On 30/11/2023 at 07:39, phnompenhandy said:

So does that mean all those sortitoutsi and D11 facepacks are useless?

By "r-" do you mean like this

to

Right, I've figured out what I have to do. This will take me all night, and then they'll issue a hotfix that will jigger me again  :mad:

Thank you for this phnom...for some reason even doing this still won't reassign the images, it just showing blank.

4 hours ago, kiwityke1983 said:

5) the AI actually seem to be pretty good at squad building in the more obscure leagues this year. Usually after 3 seasons I'd be winning the title with ease as the formerly dominant sides have lost their best players and spent lots of money on rubbish.

This season I'm a good 25 points off winning a title as the dominant side have gotten even more dominant, replacing their best players with better ones and developing their youth players.

Anyone else noticing this?

I want to start my Scottish save but the inevitability of Rangers becoming a mid-table side within a few years and being easily overtaken ruins it a bit, with Celtic declining massively by the 5th season mark adding to that.

8 minutes ago, StephenG said:

Does this not say the opposite (last sentence)? If it's unticked, it will enable attribute masking and not display all attributes?

image.png.f17e605526a88ed03219b6a17187f268.png

You tick if you want to disable attribute masking and see all the information, you leave it unticked if you dont want to disable the attribute masking.

Its correct but written in a weird way.

9 hours ago, craiigman said:

Decided to start an Arsenal save following the update. First thing I’ve noticed is the lack of involvement from the striker (Jesus as CF-A). Then I looked a little deeper, he only received the ball 17 times in the whole 90 minutes vs non-league opponents.

Been watching the games pre-season and it seems that no one wants to pass it into the striker, through-balls or even just the striker dropping back and playing simple passes. Had 1 highlight where Jesus was unmarked running forwards into space where no defenders and still played it wide.

I’ve not set passing to focus anywhere, but am playing on attacking and slightly wider. That shouldn’t affect the passing though, right?

It was the case during the beta aswell

17 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

How much real life football do you watch?

Even elite clubs arent threading through balls constantly.

Its pretty rare for strikers to get 1v1 chances with a keeper too, in real life, yet people are constantly moaning it doesn't happen enough in game.

You are talking off point once the space is there they should pass it I don't care whether it happens in real life or not and funny enough it does at this point fm 23 was way better when it came to through balls, fm24 basically as made advanced forward useless do you know how frustrating it is to play with a lone striker now because of this issue

21 hours ago, Itego said:

So are the devs really gonna ignore this through ball issue, I need a reason why midfielders are scared to Play a through pass to my advanced forward and instead play stupid pass wide it doesn't make sense

sir, don't spoil the game for us by suiting it to your needs, players play through passes to a good standard in this game i'd say and maybe your players have low vision, passing could even be your instructions, and again if you watch real football some matches you will also be complaining about it some time, football will not always be played how you want it to be played, even pep vents at KDB

11 minutes ago, Itego said:

You are talking off point once the space is there they should pass it I don't care whether it happens in real life or not and funny enough it does at this point fm 23 was way better when it came to through balls, fm24 basically as made advanced forward useless do you know how frustrating it is to play with a lone striker now because of this issue

You can just play FIFA, and tap the triangle button continously from the goalkick to the opposition goal

15 minutes ago, Davienene said:

sir, don't spoil the game for us by suiting it to your needs, players play through passes to a good standard in this game i'd say and maybe your players have low vision, passing could even be your instructions, and again if you watch real football some matches you will also be complaining about it some time, football will not always be played how you want it to be played, even pep vents at KDB

I am using man city soooo... Low vision wow that's a big insult to Kevin hehe

1 minute ago, Itego said:

I am using man city soooo... Low vision wow that's a big insult to Kevin hehe

no de bruyne wasn't a direct reference, I meant even the most accomplished players won't always make the decisions their managers want. Pep has been angry at KDB couple of times for transitioning when he wanted control etc.. 

Are people finding partnerships developing between their players?  I'm just starting season 2, and while I've changed formation a bit I've played ten of the eleven players pretty consistently, including the CD pairing in every match in the same positions/roles.  I haven't had any partnerships develop yet.

在 2023/12/1 在 AM8点33分, Razor940说:

Are subs working right? I still see my u18 coach making only 2 subs and only at the end of the game. In the senior teams I only see 3 out of 5 subs they can make.

After the update, they did not fix the BUG. But the update says it's fixed.

My U18 coach only uses 2-3 Subs players in friendly matches and the U18 league does not use Subs at all.

QQ20231202222826.thumb.png.9791e0548d24b8fef0e76a95de8e172b.png

Edited by w44643233

Might be a bug/misunderstanding with the way the ME interprets data, but I'm 99% sure I've seen my team hit the woodwork in a game, but it's not shown on the post-match analysis as being a 'hit woodwork' shot.

I have to say since the update, although the goals-per-game has dropped off the AI teams are still outscoring their XG every game and my elite forwards are struggling to hit the backside of a barn door...

14 minutes ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

Are people finding partnerships developing between their players?  I'm just starting season 2, and while I've changed formation a bit I've played ten of the eleven players pretty consistently, including the CD pairing in every match in the same positions/roles.  I haven't had any partnerships develop yet.

Yep I've just had a partnership between my two defenders develop over the friendlies and the first 6 league games (about 12 matches) I just played this evening. 

4 minutes ago, Omen064 said:

Might be a bug/misunderstanding with the way the ME interprets data, but I'm 99% sure I've seen my team hit the woodwork in a game, but it's not shown on the post-match analysis as being a 'hit woodwork' shot.

I have to say since the update, although the goals-per-game has dropped off the AI teams are still outscoring their XG every game and my elite forwards are struggling to hit the backside of a barn door...

I have noticed it doesn't count ones where they are deflected or the keeper saves it and it hits the post as a result.

I don't know if that's what is causing it however as I haven't really put that much effort into tracking it.

Edited by kiwityke1983

6 minutos atrás, w44643233 disse:

After the update, they did not fix the BUG. But the update says it's fixed.

My U18 coach only uses 2-3 Subs players in friendly matches and the U18 league does not use Subs at all.

QQ20231202222826.thumb.png.9791e0548d24b8fef0e76a95de8e172b.png

I think the fix was for the senior teams mainly. I'm seeing more and more subs now, but the u18 it's bugged.

The thing is, until 18 game time is not that important. 

Edited by Razor940

I really, really dislike the passive-defense-versus-ineffectual-attack dynamic in this ME.  I don't like watching defenders shepherd attacking players around the pitch without engaging, I don't like watching them stand off and invite long shots despite instructions not to, and I don't like watching teams set up to play low tempo, short passing, work ball into box turn every attacking chance into a cross or a long shot.

27 minutes ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

I really, really dislike the passive-defense-versus-ineffectual-attack dynamic in this ME.  I don't like watching defenders shepherd attacking players around the pitch without engaging, I don't like watching them stand off and invite long shots despite instructions not to, and I don't like watching teams set up to play low tempo, short passing, work ball into box turn every attacking chance into a cross or a long shot.

This really sums it up

On 01/12/2023 at 08:12, RealRed said:

FM is a game that's supposed to be fun and not IRL Football Simulator.

I don't understand why people complain about the large amount of goals scored and now it's "fixed". It's a game, it's supposed to be fun to beat R. Madrid 5-0. What's the fun in all games ending 0-0, 1-1, 0-1, 1-0, 2-1?

I haven't had a single goalkeeper injury in two seasons but that might also be because my team is part time.

19 hours ago, bartdude said:

Bartdude, where does one add the "r-" in the config file?

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Omen064 said:

Incredibly disappointing. Has been reported multiple times over the years. I reported it this year too.

I'm not sure why it happens. Maybe the game is showing something different from what's supposed to happen but it's been a thing and also offside chances still counting on the stats. Becomes more difficult to completely trust the data if certain things we can see aren't being recorded correctly.

16 minutes ago, steve.battisti said:

Bartdude, where does one add the "r-" in the config file?

Thank you!

Add "r-" before the newgens UID so that each line looks like this:

<record from="SpanMed/BAS33" to="graphics/pictures/person/r-12077778/portrait"/>