Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

this is so dodgy i looked back at the goal I conceded in the last minute.

the opposition take a corner the ball falls to their defender in the air he heads the ball 

my goalkeeper pushes the ball out in the direction of the same player.  the ball then dissappears

then ends up reappearing in front a player standing left hand side near post and he just taps it in. 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, chris72 said:

this is so dodgy i looked back at the goal I conceded in the last minute.

the opposition take a corner the ball falls to their defender in the air he heads the ball 

my goalkeeper pushes the ball out in the direction of the same player.  the ball then dissappears

then ends up reappearing in front a player standing left hand side near post and he just taps it in. 

ok sorry the ball didn't disappear but all my players back away completely  from the player that just taps it in.

15 minutes ago, dannyo666 said:

100%-The new unity engine for 25 can take a back seat for me....Why not get our existing versions as good as can be for now?-people have paid good money for this games....id rather a great engine than game graphics any day and kinks ironed out and even just play 2d instead of a bells and whistles engine that i for one have no confidence in

100% this...I just wish they would say something tbh the silence from SI is deafening

Personally I can't wait for the huge upgrade coming with FM25. However,I dreamd to think what state it will be released in. Bearing in mind that FM is over 25 years old and is still being released every year with more bugs than I'm a celebrity!

19 minutes ago, kertiek said:

millions of casuals don't even notice that ai rotations and substitutions are not working as it should and this is more noticeable if u play a long term save, this is annoying especially when this was announced as a big feature this year.

This is 100% overstated and wont be noticeable until youre 5, 6, 7, 8 yrs into your save by which point the update will be out. People are being EXTREMELY overdramatic, the game is fine right now to start a very realistic save, in which u wont experience much issues until a point where SI will have already dropped the update. 

2 minutes ago, Dadecane said:

This is 100% overstated and wont be noticeable until youre 5, 6, 7, 8 yrs into your save by which point the update will be out. People are being EXTREMELY overdramatic, the game is fine right now to start a very realistic save, in which u wont experience much issues until a point where SI will have already dropped the update. 

sure, take a look at the bug report section and count the posts about substitutions and rotations, i dont need to make users agree with me, there is more than enough reports about it.

Edited by kertiek

The AI not rotating is another thing thats wayyy overstated. Every single game in my save, and I do mean every single one, the commentator is sure to mention at the start of the game that my opponent has made 3-4 changes to last games lineup. Thats every game. 

the subs do come late, yes. seems they dont make subs until min70 or later, that has to be tweaked for sure. But to say the teams dont rotate the starting XI is something I find very hard to believe. 

1 minute ago, kertiek said:

sure, take a look at the bug report section and count the posts about substitutions and rotations, i dont need to make users agree with me, there is more than enough reports about it.

Bro have YOU done it? Or are u just believing what people say on a forum? Cuz myself, and MILLIONS others are currently playing the game and dont see an issue with squad rotation. Theres a slight SUBS issue, not rotation. Teams are starting a rotated XI almost every game. 

3 minutes ago, Dadecane said:

What about the fact the team talks are not working at all? I can accept all other minor bugs but this one is game breaking for me really. What's the point of motivating your players before the game and at half time when you know it will have zero effect.

U may run a save and experience said issues and I understand not wanting to continue then. But to say u cant start a save cuz OTHERS are reporting everything under the sun is a bit crazy. 

im glad I dont listen to everything folks on here say, im 150 hours into my save and squads are being rotated (subs are for sure coming late), player interaction I have not had ONE SINGLE ISSUE IN 4 seasons. 

so again, u can let yourself be guided by everyones varying experiences or formulate your own. 

2 minutes ago, gggfunk said:

What about the fact the team talks are not working at all? I can accept all other minor bugs but this one is game breaking for me really. What's the point of motivating your players before the game and at half time when you know it will have zero effect.

Is it THAT big of a gamebreaker? Are u serious? Do u actually think ur halftime or pre game talks is whats winning u games? Lol u do realize u can let ur assistant have those talks, as many people do, and it has ZERO EFFECT? LOL. This isnt a gamebreaker. Its a minor issue that jas to be fixed more for aesthetics than anything. If my team comes on the field mad off my halftime talk I can literally make a shout INSTANTLY that removed their anger lmao how important is this? Again, way overdramatic imo. 

2 minutes ago, kertiek said:

this is my u21 squad, please take a look at the match sharpness when its February and we are already past the mid season, its not my fault that people dont notice this things.

is this how b and youth teams are going to to develop players? with only 11 players getting minutes? i dont think is working as intended.

image.png.b5289173559e73876bd2bd31521736d5.png

Your screenshot shows nothing. Its normal that the backups have lower sharpness. Show their games started and played. Show their minutes. Teams are rotating. Theyre just subbing erratically (too late). 

7 minutes ago, gggfunk said:

That's because the team talks are supposed to last 15 min in game or something like this?

Make a test: do the first team talk before the match start and wait until the 15 min, their reaction will change. On the 15 min, you do it again and wait until the 30 min. 30 min do it again and go to the halftime team talk. Wait until 60 min, see their reaction changing, go again for the 75 min and wait until the final whistle. You can do another one focusing on the added time, but if you do things right there is no need to shout and do a team talk.

I see your point about team talks not having a big impact on the game, but on the other hand, we all had situations when we were losing at half time, then make the half time talk and our team won the game. It just kills immersion for me that my team talk has no effect.

Even though, I agree with you that people here tend to be overdramatic and expect the game to be perfect, forgetting it is just a game.

Edited by gggfunk

49 minutes ago, Dadecane said:

AI squad building for the future  possibly yes, substitutions made in the 80th to 90th minute I'll disagree with you on. If your doing a long term save you can exploit the matches by waiting for the opposition players to be tired then put your subs on and win the game knowing that the AI won't sub.

This gives the human manager an unfair advantage or exploit if you want to call it that against the AI. Then 5 to 6 seasons in you would  have risen the leagues and be in a different position you should be if the AI is subbing as it should.

However it's upto everyone how they play the game, for me I like to start aa realistic  as possible without any possible exploits there maybe in the game and to me the subs one is a major one to me.

1 hour ago, kertiek said:

millions of casuals don't even notice that ai rotations and substitutions are not working as it should and this is more noticeable if u play a long term save, this is annoying especially when this was announced as a big feature this year.

Ah yes dismiss people just playing and enjoying the game as casuals because the real hardcore players don't actually play the game apparently if this thread is to be believed!

2 hours ago, hammer man said:

Personally I can't wait for the huge upgrade coming with FM25. However,I dreamd to think what state it will be released in. Bearing in mind that FM is over 25 years old and is still being released every year with more bugs than I'm a celebrity!

new graphics engine womens football and some other fancy headline feature break all sale records ect imo only i expect it to be a complete mess at the very least till march update or even fm26 new graphics engine codes been rewritten ect i hope it aint like

Edited by Mush1983

Anyone else finding an issue with contracts?  I have players who only signed a new contract 12months ago asking for a new contract.  They want double the wages, some of these I can't offer as outside of what I am able to offer.  If I offer to meet them say half way with good bonuses in place, the agent comes back and wants 20% plus more than they first asked for.  What happened to haggling?  One player wanted a jump from 18k to 40k, I could only offer 30k, max appearance and bonuses, and they came back asking for £48.5K :idiot:.

Problem is now I have moral destroyed as 4 players want contacts I can't offer and have kicked off with other players.  I might get the sack if I don't sort this out, which is ridiculous because the club have decided what the maximum amount I can offer.

On the high scoring games, I am only seeing this when I play against a 4-4-2 formation, whenever I play one of them it gets silly, but other formations seem to be realistic in Div 2 in Germany.

3 hours ago, chris72 said:

it happens every time I'm 2-0 or 2-1 up playing away from home I concede in the last  5 mins so frustrating and it says stats show you are in control and having shots on target

Try this Chris. 

At 80 mins, reduce tempo and passing directness, increase time wasting (max it at 85 mins), be more disciplined, play for set pieces, reduce width to be more compact, play out of def, remove all other stuff on In Possession screen especially pass into spaceand early crosses. Then slow pace down (GK), play lower bloc and stay on feet.

It has stopped me conceding goals especially in the last 10 minutes of games. 

38 minutes ago, Slates84 said:

What about the ridiculous amount of goals being scored, that’s not very realistic 

This is dependent on what formations are being played (granted that shouldn't be the case) but it certainly isn't across the board. In my WBA save currently I've just come off the back of 5 games where there have been a total of 5 goals scored with 2x 0-0's and the goals per game is pretty much exactly what it should be.

I did a Vanarama South save though and there were definitely more goals than there should have been. My point is that this isn't as black and white as it would appear.

5 minutes ago, Micks112 said:

10 days since post about 'near future update', but still no clarification from SI.

Have they already given up on this title? Miles keeps bragging about it on Twitter though, so surely all is good, right?

I dont know what is expected though. They'll never give a date and probably not even a week. SI have already done way more than they have ever done before in terms of saying near future and advised what they are looking at. 

Why would the 3 attacking players left forward here just all stand together like this? Just one of the many small things that is really poor. IRL they would be nice and spread out ready for the counter.

image.thumb.png.dc8d6514ec2664650e7202402b983695.png

3 minutes ago, limey150781 said:

I dont know what is expected though. They'll never give a date and probably not even a week. SI have already done way more than they have ever done before in terms of saying near future and advised what they are looking at. 

I mean I get you, but when you release something in a bad a state as FM24 is, and with pretty much lying about every single headline future you'd expect them to own up a bit no?

Yeah maybe you are right ... the fact it's been 2 + 2 weeks beta/early access and the subs issue + goals galore hasn't at least been fixed just seems a bit absurd also

Edited by Micks112

2 hours ago, Dadecane said:

im glad I dont listen to everything folks on here say, im 150 hours into my save and squads are being rotated (subs are for sure coming late), player interaction I have not had ONE SINGLE ISSUE IN 4 seasons. 

so again, u can let yourself be guided by everyones varying experiences or formulate your own. 

Lucky you.

I got 2 weeks, and 2 games, into a job and had to go to a board meeting to discuss my poor form because the games bugged and was putting the previous managers losses onto me.

But youre right, its not personally affected you so i should just shrug and move on as its clearly not a problem.

52 minutes ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

That's probably true in the Premier League.  It's not in Argentina, Sweden, Japan or the MLS, and I'm sure there are others.

Youre right. I read about the argentina “issue”. Complete mess. But that goes to further prove my point, stop listening to others and try the game yourself. If you play in argentina clearly its currently unplayable for u. For me, in europe 3rd division, the game has been very fun from day 1, and none of the “issues” have been gamebreaking for me. 

24 minutes ago, aghtao said:

It's unbelievable to pre-order a game and still not be able to play it in almost two months. This borders on insanity. I've been playing FM since 19 and this is the first time I've been so frustrated, right in the "most polished version ever". Unbelievable.

You can play it. This is the hyperbole that doesn't help anything. You may choose not to play it due to it nor being good enough for you but there are literally hundreds of thousands that are playing it. 

5 minutes ago, stopazricky said:

Listen, one of the main reasons I bought the game was because I was excited that the man management on the AI part was going to be better, as it always bothered me to some extent. This improvement was a headline feature. And then the game releases, and the AI makes next to ZERO subs?

First of all, how did that slip through alpha testing? It takes two hours tops to notice it.

Secondly... how can we even accept such thing? It's like wanting a gaming monitor with 2K resolution, finding one being explicitly advertised as a 2K monitor, and then buying it only to find out that it's 720p, and the manufacturer's reply to criticism about it is "whoops, sorry, we'll be adding the missing pixels in the next few months though, don't worry". This is beyond unacceptable.

To a degree, I can understand issues such as excessive goalscoring, I do accept that things can go wrong when making such a complex game. But being told two months ago that the AI was going to make much better use of their substitutions, and when the game releases, the AI makes absolutely no use of their subs whatsoever? Come on...

I agree with you.. They could have taken their time with the ME but with the subs issue, especially since AI management was a top headline feature, this should have been fixed already.