Tunisia vs France & Australia vs Denmark - BBC1/2 - 3PM GMT KO

craigcwwe

Fi0YICDWYAA4cfN?format=png&name=small

Nine changes for the French. 

Fi0YKz3WYAEe1Bw?format=png&name=small

France have already qualified for the round of 16, avoid defeat and they top the group. Tunisia must win this game to have a chance of getting out of the group but would need a draw in the other game or a Denmark win, would put them on 4pts each and the same GD, if both sides win by a goal. They drew with each other 0-0 so would then go to fair play to decide who advances. 

Fi0WiTlWIAg1CUM?format=png&name=small

Fi0Wi2zXgAAq2n8?format=png&name=small

Australia advance if they avoid defeat and Tunisia don't win. Denmark have to win the game and better Tunisia's result vs France. 

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Deschamps is playing Camavinga at left-back? He's playing CAMAVINGA at LEFT-BACK?!

Don't get me wrong, France will still beat Tunisia with a rotated team, and they will still win the group - but that's a bit odd.

I'll be watching Denmark vs Australia. The Danes haven't been great, but they were under pressure in their third group game at the Euros and came through that (and look at what happened next). Even without a strong home crowd this time, I think they'll have more than enough to send the Aussies down under.

17 hours ago, Rob1981 said:

At one point they were talking about 1 point for a draw with penalty defeat, 2 points for a draw with penalty win, 3 points for an actual win.

Suppose it's to try and add some more jeopardy to the three-team group stage so that two teams can't collude and put the other one out.  Although whenever one team has already finished when the other two play I don't see that it can make that much difference.

I think they are now doing penalty shootouts like this in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy, although I've taken no notice of it whatsoever since they let the B teams in.

They are, but from the few people who've seen it live it doesn't seem very popular. Aside from anything else, I just don't like penalties without extra time, seems wrong.

4 minutes ago, SouthCoastRed said:

Looks half empty, and no atmosphere at all. 

Whip them up Wednesday boy :D

It’s actually pretty full and quite noisy too. Aussie fans are making a lot of noise, dunno about the Danes but they’re mostly at the other end.

Just now, Darius1998 said:

Denmark just lacking something here.

Lindstrom and Skov Olsen are direct but the rest of the team keep passing it within themselves.

By now, Damsgaard was supposed to be the main attacking threat, but the injury set him so far back I'm not sure he'll ever reach his initial potential.

Weird game. Denmark feel like they’re playing with the brakes on for whatever reason, but the Australians aren’t good enough to take advantage.

A couple of the Danes are trying to gee their teammates up a bit but they’re not having it.

Edited by Weezer

• Administrators

Nice goal from Tunisia. As it stands: 

Pts.     Goals
France    6        6 - 3
Tunisia    4        1 - 1
Australia    4        2 - 4
Denmark    2        1 - 2