*Official* Football Manager 2023 Feedback Thread

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

I sincerely doubt that the fever-dream expectations in this thread can possibly be met by the forthcoming update.

Some are caught in an infinite holding pattern between releases and updates of:

Excitement > disappointment > 'Not buying next year's game' > excitement > disappointment > 'Not buying next year's game' > excitement > disappointment > 'Not buying next year's game' > excitement > disappointment > 'Not buying next year's game' > excitement > disappointment > 'Not buying next year's game' > excitement > disappointment > 'Not buying next year's game' > excitement > disappointment > 'Not buying next year's game' > excitement > disappointment > 'Not buying next year's game'.

Not dissapointed at all with FM23... The only things that i have an issue with is player development.

4 minutes ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

MIght be delayed because of the turkish transfer window extension due to the earthquake

I think it's not a factor. Next minor patch will be released middle of the march. So c'mon, release the patch :D

Edited by Caletti

10 minutes ago, Bobek said:

I dont except patch before 2nd of March. (Until 1 March there are still opened China, Bulgarian, Ukrainian transfer window)

These leagues' transfers will be included in March update, it's what the March update is for.

I would be very surprised if the main winter update isn't out until end of today.

Edited by gggfunk

10 dakika önce, Bobek said:

I dont except patch before 2nd of March. (Until 1 March there are still opened China, Bulgarian, Ukrainian transfer window)

They have been releasing 2 separate updates for the last 3 years. The one released in February and includes the January transfers and other major fixes and the other is released in March and includes February transfers.

21 minutes ago, Bobek said:

They did 2 updates last 2 or 3 FM's. One for Western Window, other for Eastern.

25 minutes ago, Bobek said:

it has to be today, it isn't tomorrow because they don't generally release anything on Fridays in case there is a huge bug, they don't have to wait until Monday to start working on it. If it's not today there is no point releasing it on Monday or Tuesday, they might as well wait until mid march and release everything in one update

So who are we all starting our new long-term saves with post Winter Update then?

Anyone keen on any certain challenges?

Anyone got their eye on a certain club to bring back to glory?

I can't wait to start a new long-term save but I have no idea who I will start with :lol:

3 minutes ago, Rob 396 said:

So who are we all starting our new long-term saves with post Winter Update then?

I can't wait to start a new long-term save but I have no idea who I will start with :lol:

I've got like 15 teams I want to start with :D 

However, I may still wait for the final March update before I start my long term saves as I don't really like to start before the game is fully updated, so until that time I will just do one short career, not sure with which team yet.

6 minutes ago, Rob 396 said:

I will play club from my city - Wisła Płock and want to get for them the first polish league.

11 minutes ago, Caletti said:

I will play club from my city - Wisła Płock and want to get for them the first polish league.

Nice one

I feel like I might try to conquer one of the one-team dominant leagues with a smaller club, so Scotland (sorry Rangers fans ..), France, or Germany - and go from there

10 minutes ago, Caletti said:

Nice to see my countryman here! My Polish team is Zaglebie Lubin and I will definitely start a save with them too.

59 minutes ago, Rob 396 said:

Cork City, havent played as them this season, usually do a ten season save to try and win a European Trophy, Managed semi finals twice in FM22. This is the year 

If the update doesnt drop today Im going to do a Melilla save and just crack on as my Steam Deck is due to arrive imminently :)

Edited by scotty-corkcityfc

19 minutes ago, DarJ said:

according to @Daveincidit's not too difficult to fix, just adding reputation points for awards like young player of the year or young player of the month will improve it a lot

There's probably various routes/options to help.

There's of course the award reps in the database itself. I'd be surprised but happy if this is altered, but worth bearing in mind this seemingly hasn't been touched in years by SI and there's absolutely no rhythm, rhyme or consistency applied to the comp awards rep. Some awards in top leagues being given a 1 whilst others being given the maximum and some awards for a 3rd division in one country being allocated a higher rep than player of the season in the top league! It really has been neglected. I don't think this is the crux of the problem (I'll be honest, I've not seen an issue bar the international sides. At club level ages are about what i'd expect in the future with opportunities being given, and I'm also enjoying seeing less wonderkids. Of course selection and progression is separate to newgen ability). I don't recall seeing this being an issue in previous versions and therefore it leads me to think there's been other changes under the hood (perhaps AI selection going more off attributes rather than rep) which has caused this. Of course, if this is the route they try to fix it I'd imagine due to it being database changes a new save would be required.

The other option is as mentioned above. Changes to how AI select teams and squad build in terms of weighting between attributes, reputation and performances. Have to be careful and not go too far the other way, otherwise you wouldn't have clubs coming in to buy and taking gambles like in real life on non-league players with 40 goal seasons etc.

I do also use @Daveincid files which from looking on the editor applies some really good consistency across awards (and therefore might be the reason I don't see issues with club selection in my save compared to people using the vanilla version). The work he does is incredible! 

Edited by Domoboy23

3 minutes ago, kiingallen said:

I know updates are save compatible. But considering my current save is the same save since “beta”. 

is there any benefit to starting a fresh save? 

Just starting over with updated squads, fixed data issues, and hopefully fixed gameplay/bugs

5 minutes ago, Choi seung won said:

What time will it be if it is updated today?

no one knows if it's today, we're just speculating 

3 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

There's probably various routes/options to help.

There's of course the award reps in the database itself. I'd be surprised but happy if this is altered, but worth bearing in mind this seemingly hasn't been touched in years by SI and there's absolutely no rhythm, rhyme or consistency applied to the comp awards rep. Some awards in top leagues being given a 1 whilst others being given the maximum and some awards for a 3rd division in one country being allocated a higher rep than player of the season in the top league! It really has been neglected. I don't think this is the crux of the problem (I'll be honest, I've not seen an issue bar the international sides. At club level ages are about what i'd expect in the future with opportunities being given, and I'm also enjoying seeing less wonderkids. Of course selection and progression is separate to newgen ability). I don't recall seeing this being an issue in previous versions and therefore it leads me to think there's been other changes under the hood (perhaps AI selection going more off attributes rather than rep) which has caused this. Of course, if this is the route they try to fix it I'd imagine due to it being database changes a new save would be required.

The other option is as mentioned above. Changes to how AI select teams and squad build in terms of weighting between attributes, reputation and performances. Have to be careful and not go too far the other way, otherwise you wouldn't have clubs coming in to buy and taking gambles like in real life on non-league players with 40 goal seasons etc.

I agree but changing how AI pick their team is more of a radical change so I wouldn't be expecting to see that now, it's something I would expect with a new version of the game. I mentioned Davincid's files because he has tested them and they seem to make it a bit better so theoretically it should be easier for SI to start from there to make changes at least for short term 

1 minute ago, DarJ said:

no one knows if it's today, we're just speculating 

I agree but changing how AI pick their team is more of a radical change so I wouldn't be expecting to see that now, it's something I would expect with a new version of the game. I mentioned Davincid's files because he has tested them and they seem to make it a bit better so theoretically it should be easier for SI to start from there to make changes at least for short term 

Just wait for everyone to meltdown when the update gets released with no notes :D

1 hour ago, Rob 396 said:

Benfica. Been watching for nearly 2 months now 😅

Schjelderup 🤤

Edited by Gee_Simpson

18 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

Just wait for everyone to meltdown when the update gets released with no notes :D

lol that would be funny. I'm already happy with the game even if defenders seem to be incapable of dealing with balls over the top (it's not as big of a problem in higher divisions but in lower divisions it's a nightmare) and having a lower defensive line doesn't seem to go as low as in previous years

12 minutos atrás, Hovis Dexter disse:

My brother-in-law knows the lady who does Miles' wife's hair and he says it will be out at 10:30 this evening

Does that lady make the 3d regen faces too?

Oh wait... didnt read the "wife" part.

Edited by Razor940

2 hours ago, Rob 396 said:

i am going to play with Slavia Sofia, so probably have to wait on the March update since transfers window is open till end of Feb.