*Official* Football Manager 2023 Feedback Thread

8 hours ago, alian62 said:

Thats more the animation than the defenders attributes . The animation is not in sync with what the defender abilities are . 

Which is an issue for players.  It's not easy to diagnose problems when what the game shows you isn't the same as what has happened in the ME. 

I had one of those situations the other day and reported it as a bug.  Is it?  Who knows!  An attacker played a diagonal through ball into the penalty area.  My defender was running straight back and would have intercepted the pass.  He stops running.  The ball runs past him to an oncoming forward, who's made up about five yards and is now ahead.  The defender starts running again as the attacker scores.

What are the potential causes of that?  Is it a miscommunication with the goalkeeper - did the defender think the keeper was going to sweep it up?  Did he not see the pass (I mean, it's right in front of him so probably not, but I've also seen defenders try to head balls that are a dozen feet over their heads so I'm not convinced they have functional eyes)?  He wasn't in low physical condition or extremely fatigued, so presumably it's not that he just couldn't continue running, but maybe that's what it was!  Or is it just some weird match engine bug?  I have no idea, and that means I don't know how to fix it.  I'm struggling a lot in this version with 'how do I stop these players from doing things that they shouldn't be doing in the first place".

Another thing I'm struggling with is how much of the game feels like it's outside my control, even when it should be.   My current season feels pointless.  I had a reasonable squad lacking top-end quality, I had £1600/week spare in the wage budget, which should have been enough to sign two serious improvements.  Except my board limits me to £400/week maximum contracts.  WHY.  So now I've got... a bigger squad, because I can't afford any players who're improvements on what I have.  I don't even know who those players would be, because my scouting recommendations empty out when contracts expire and I could actually go sign these guys.  That's a shame, because I made the promotion semifinal last season and really should have been contending to win the league.  Despite that, and despite bringing back the majority of the players from the previous season, I'm stuck with expectations of struggling to avoid relegation.  The players hate any suggestion that they could do better (never mind finishing 5th and winning the first promotion playoff round).  I can't even suggest anything higher than 'not being dragged into a relegation scrap'.  And because those are the expectations that I'm locked into, through no input of my own, the whole game world is gaslighting me about results.  Losing at home to the team in 19th?  Gosh, well, no one gave you a chance so it's OK!  NO!  You almost got promoted last year!  WHY DOES NO ONE REMEMBER THIS?  IS MORBIUS M. MORBIUS MESSING WITH THE TIMELINE?  IS THIS LOKI'S FAULT?  What the hell is going on?  It can't be a real thing on the sacred timeline that my first-choice striker forces his way to a team in a lower division "because he's impressed with their performance in the league", come on, no way.  That's gotta be He-Who-Remains having a joke.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 bookings and 30 fouls committed in my last game. 4 games onto a new save and I’ve picked up 27 bookings. The game on laptop is unplayable. I’m not instructing players to get stuck in and even when adding stay on feet, my team still commit fouls and pick up yellows. My subs are being wasted because I need to take off 5 players on yellows. Then more often than not, my subs pick up yellows. 

8 hours ago, DarJ said:

what do you mean by that? it's still the same game regardless if you play on the laptop or desktop and to an extent console 

I’ve only ever played on a laptop. I was just covering what I play it on in case someone asked. 

14 minutes ago, Caletti said:

There was no update on SteamDB today. I think it's a sign... The patch is coming... :eek:

I'm hoping its today but if it's not then it's tomorrow. This week is going to be fun for me, I'm looking forward to the update, drive to survive and F1 preseason testing from tomorrow 

Well strictly speaking its kind of correct: Its a pass map and therefore only deals with the state of passing. And you have the possession, a quite high passing accuracy and have 7 out of 12 shots on target :)

Not to get anyone's hopes up... but we've already seen a Wednesday release this year. Can we see it happen again? Stay tuned to find out :brock:

DATE DAY TIME PATCH TITLE     BUILDID
25 January 2023 Wed 16:03 Football Manager 2023 Minor Update 23.2.2 Out Now     10270876
1 December 2022 Thu 17:17 No title     10002105
8 November 2022 Tue 00:01 No title     9870681
25 October 2022 Tue 16:00 Football Manager 2023 Early Access Beta Minor Update Out Now     9789304

5 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

So going from the past, if the daily updates occur as usual does that mean it probably won't be that day then?

The opposite

But i remembered last year before patch 22.3, in the steam DB i saw "22.3 bulid" and after 4 hours that patch released 

27 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

The opposite

But i remembered last year before patch 22.3, in the steam DB i saw "22.3 bulid" and after 4 hours that patch released 

They are tweeting more too, like they know people are desperate for it so they like to mess with people 🤣

34 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

Or I'd suggest this week/next if they've just produced a new match engine that will require a lot of testing...

They had a lot of time for that, given the "christmas" update was on like 1 december or here about

7 minutes ago, rp1966 said:

I wonder if this will be fixed ...

Press conference dialogue:

image.png.f3214915f70469f6dae19d99d943b12a.png

The league position:
image.png.8138950cfa40123322344278f4070487.png

The logic system and visual representation in this game is woeful to say the least. 
like, what effect does this question have on your team? even though it isn’t even the situation your team fighting for the title is being forced to consider a relegation battle? Like, huh?

what is the impact? Immersion killer, for sure. 

1 hour ago, rp1966 said:

I wonder if this will be fixed ...

Press conference dialogue:

image.png.f3214915f70469f6dae19d99d943b12a.png

The league position:
image.png.8138950cfa40123322344278f4070487.png

Lol I had the opposite. I was supposed to fight for relegation and was in the bottom 2 for most of the season but I managed to get mid table and when clubs offered me interviews they were all saying I don’t have experience with battling against relegation 

1 hour ago, Caletti said:

I hope it will be today. I'm going to be a father soon so every day counts before new responsibilities come. :brock:

Congratulations for being a father soon, you get a "free" assistant coach right there hehe :D

I sincerely doubt that the fever-dream expectations in this thread can possibly be met by the forthcoming update.

Some are caught in an infinite holding pattern between releases and updates of:

Excitement > disappointment > 'Not buying next year's game' > excitement > disappointment > 'Not buying next year's game' > excitement > disappointment > 'Not buying next year's game' > excitement > disappointment > 'Not buying next year's game' > excitement > disappointment > 'Not buying next year's game' > excitement > disappointment > 'Not buying next year's game' > excitement > disappointment > 'Not buying next year's game' > excitement > disappointment > 'Not buying next year's game'.