The Officially Unofficial “When’s the FM23 BETA out?” speculation thread

As we are now around 2 weeks before being around 2 weeks before full release, the glorious time of BETA release speculation is upon us.

So grab yourself a comfy chair, a whole load of GIFs, a Gregg’s steak bake (other pastries are available, but inferior), your tin foil hat and a fine tooth comb, and come and join the fun.

I’ll make an early bid for October 20th.

Ladies and gentlemen… start your engines!

33F0CE68-3916-440E-81CF-E8D2837B3A59.gif.ff8e8a0c525638d5239501476db2df00.gif

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, BuzzR said:

This Friday, 8th of October.. Because I'm at a wedding on Saturday and obviously I have to suffer for not being able to play the beta ( a lot ) during the weekend. :herman:

thank-you-for-your-sacrifice-thank-you-f

This is so early I still have the endings of four different links to "Never gonna Give You Up" memorised.

I too am currently favoring the 20th. Two weeks plus X are the usual and I have a good feeling about Thursdays.

lol came to the forum today to see if this thread was active yet. Thought to myself, "No way...it's too early for that."

Forums never disappoint. If it drops on the 21st or that weekend I will die. Only weekend I am out of town this month. 

Oh noooo.

As it is I believe there will be no BETA this year, the real BETA will be the journey we had along the way and the game will just release on the 1st of November with no bells, no whistles and a 45 minute Youtube video explaining why this has happened which people will complain about and ask for tl;dw text version that some people will complain was tl;dr.

It will be a glorious day in the anals of FM history.

YOU HEARD ME!

vor 7 Minuten schrieb KillYourIdols:

On a side note, I bloody love a good skin. Think I'm looking forward to them as much as the game tbh. Whats everyones Skin of choice out of interest on FM22? Mine is OPZ Elite 2k, Blackout version/TCS4

OPZ +1

8 minutes ago, KillYourIdols said:

On a side note, I bloody love a good skin. Think I'm looking forward to them as much as the game tbh. Whats everyones Skin of choice out of interest on FM22? Mine is OPZ Elite 2k, Blackout version/TCS4

OPZ with slight modifications. Can't fault the work done by all the skin creators this year. 

6 minutes ago, ImDaWeasel said:

OPZ with slight modifications. Can't fault the work done by all the skin creators this year. 

I'm determined (For the 6th year running :rolleyes:) to learn a bit about Skinning so I can make a few changes. Been scouring the Skinning Hideout and its not really sinking in a great deal, and I'm rather tech savvy usually.

I love this thread more than I love the beta itself.

I think the FM24 headline release next year should include early access to the 'when's the beta out' thread

Edited by Lempicka

So countdown has started, loving it!

I'm thinking about uninstalling FM 22 now as I can't find motivation to continue any save knowing FM 23 is around the corner, especially when I really like the announced features. I don't know how I will stand not playing FM for like 3 weeks, though.

17 minutes ago, gggfunk said:

So countdown has started, loving it!

I'm thinking about uninstalling FM 22 now as I can't find motivation to continue any save knowing FM 23 is around the corner, especially when I really like the announced features. I don't know how I will stand not playing FM for like 3 weeks, though.

I’m about the same. I have a Euros final to play with England but I know if I start another season the beta will (hopefully) be out before I can finish it. Plus an international final feels like a nice bookend for the save.

As in terms of what I can do to fill the gap, I have F1 manager and Forza Horizon 5 on the Xbox, so I’ll mess around on those for a while.

46 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

Nearly 40 posts in and not a single Chuck Norris gif.  You people are slacking.

Punch You Oh No GIF by GritTV

Saving the honour for you friend.

I went with Lando, so there was some Norris love at least.

4 hours ago, Wavelberry said:

Oh noooo.

As it is I believe there will be no BETA this year, the real BETA will be the journey we had along the way and the game will just release on the 1st of November with no bells, no whistles and a 45 minute Youtube video explaining why this has happened which people will complain about and ask for tl;dw text version that some people will complain was tl;dr.

It will be a glorious day in the anals of FM history.

YOU HEARD ME!

I really hope you meant the "annals of FM history", because otherwise I'm going to need a little lube. 

As always, I'll quietly play on until social media informs me the beta is ready, then I'll quietly step into the locker room, thank the lads for another stellar year, tender my resignation with immediate effect, and close out my career. 

Oh, and Thursday the 20th. 

Edited by podunkboy
forgot to add a unnecessary prediction.