When's the BETA out speculation thread

3 minutes ago, Justified said:

I still, to this day, really don't understand why people watch other people play games on Twitch :D  Just as pointless as goggle-box in my eyes.

Some are really good at the game, some are genuinely entertaining and some just provide good background noise. There's a reason top streamers are millionaires, they're good at what they do. That said, FM can indeed be quite dull to watch, which is why it probably isn't very popular on Twitch. :D

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Zemahh said:

Some are really good at the game, some are genuinely entertaining and some just provide good background noise. There's a reason top streamers are millionaires, they're good at what they do. That said, FM can indeed be quite dull to watch, which is why it probably isn't very popular on Twitch. :D

If it's because the people that are streaming are entertaining then fair do's. But watching someone play a game feels like such a waste of time I could be playing the game myself? :D 

35 minutes ago, Justified said:

I still, to this day, really don't understand why people watch other people play games on Twitch :D  Just as pointless as goggle-box in my eyes.

YouTube isn't bad, provided that the person actually spends the time to edit and make it into a nice project.  I enjoy Lollujo.

Twitch, however, is an absolute bore to me.  Most of the "dialogue" consists of the streamer thanking people or responding to the chat.  You can't even put it on in the background because you need to follow the chat to be part of the conversation.

7 minutes ago, Daniel Evensen said:

YouTube isn't bad, provided that the person actually spends the time to edit and make it into a nice project.  I enjoy Lollujo.

Twitch, however, is an absolute bore to me.  Most of the "dialogue" consists of the streamer thanking people or responding to the chat.  You can't even put it on in the background because you need to follow the chat to be part of the conversation.

I doubt that people watch twitch for gameplay.

Personally there are twitch streamers I watch just because of the sound of their voices. I have no interest in what they are doing

8 minutes ago, Daniel Evensen said:

Although not too dissimilar, I don't mind YouTube. For the very reasons you wrote. Plus I feel that if you're looking for specific content on YouTube, that's what it's there for.

My moan was more about Twitch. I just don't get it and I'd like to say it's an age thing but I have friends who watch it for like hours a day :D

1 minute ago, DarJ said:

I doubt that people watch twitch for gameplay.

Personally there are twitch streamers I watch just because of the sound of their voices. I have no interest in what they are doing

So you treat Twitch like a modern day radio channel? Genuine question, not criticism. 

1 hour ago, Zemahh said:

Jack's was my favourite one. Simple and straight to the point, he outlines all of the new features pretty well.

Top notch video!  Much better to watch this than the 2+ hour stream or any of that nonsense.

A recap for those who can't be bothered:

10) VAR.  It now actually includes variety, and you don't have to watch the ref take a stroll to the box.

9) Top 5 signings of the season listed at the end of the league year.  Seems kind of minor to me.

8) Stamina overhaul.  This is an answer to those who were worried on the stream thread.  I'm guessing that the alpha testers have played with it a bit more than that 2 hour stream.  Guess this means I can't use the old Gegenpress wide tactics ad infinitum.

7) Staff meetings.  Honestly, even after listening to Jack's explanation, I find it less than convincing.  I guess I'm just hoping for more useful advice from my coaches than the things I'm seeing popping up in the video.

6) Auto save change.

5) Deadline day.  I know this hasn't been popular on the forums, but I still think this looks cool.  Frankly, I'd like to see some of these features accessible outside of deadline day, such as an easy place to see who currently has interest from other teams.

4) Dynamic youth ratings.  Obvious win.

3) Wide centre-back.  Another obvious win.

2) Scouting and transfer overhaul.  Looks like this takes away a lot of the predictability of FM21.

1) Data hub.  This actually looks very useful.

The thing that surprises me most is that there is no mention of the new animation engine.  I'm starting to worry if that change didn't make it to this video, but the staff meeting change did.

6 minutes ago, Justified said:

I just don't get it and I'd like to say it's an age thing but I have friends who watch it for like hours a day

Well, you do have to understand that Twitch is somewhat different if you're watching, say, Berry0314, JinnyTTY, HAchubby, or some of the other usual suspects... ;-)

7 minutes ago, Justified said:

So you must just use it as background noise whilst doing other things then? Otherwise I don't understand what you actually gain from it if you're not listening for content?

Yes but some people watch it because they find the streamer funny or they're just there to interact with others in the chat

3 hours ago, Zemahh said:

It's not just him, several content creators were given early access so they can record footage and further promote the game.

In addition to WorkTheSpace's video (which I think is easily the best), I watched parts of Lollujo's video and Zealand's video.  Both Lollujo and Zealand actually commented on the new animations and showcased them a bit.  For me, the difference between FM21 is obvious.  We'll see what that translates to in gameplay terms.

It's going to be funny watching Lollujo's saves in FM22.  I've got a sneaking feeling that the old "plug in and play" tactical approach isn't going to work anymore.  Kev does mix things up from time to time, though I don't think he's ever been known to head over to the data center and do actual analysis.

Seriously, the more I watch, the more excited I become.  Even after taking into consideration all the criticism I've read over the past few weeks, this game looks like a huge upgrade from FM21.

4 minutes ago, DarJ said:

Yes but some people watch it because they find the streamer funny or they're just there to interact with others in the chat

Well yes I did point out earlier if it's purely because you find the streamer is entertaining then I get it.

35 minutes ago, Daniel Evensen said:

In addition to WorkTheSpace's video (which I think is easily the best), I watched parts of Lollujo's video and Zealand's video.  Both Lollujo and Zealand actually commented on the new animations and showcased them a bit.  For me, the difference between FM21 is obvious.  We'll see what that translates to in gameplay terms.

It's going to be funny watching Lollujo's saves in FM22.  I've got a sneaking feeling that the old "plug in and play" tactical approach isn't going to work anymore.  Kev does mix things up from time to time, though I don't think he's ever been known to head over to the data center and do actual analysis.

Seriously, the more I watch, the more excited I become.  Even after taking into consideration all the criticism I've read over the past few weeks, this game looks like a huge upgrade from FM21.

I thoroughly enjoy his videos, but you're right there is a lot in the game he doesn't do.  I know for sure he skips all press conferences and usually skips private chats i think.... could be wrong on that one, though

But in terms of looking at passing lanes and xG, etc etc no, i dont recall him using it either

Edited by ChelseaSince86

I dont think youtubers releasing Alpha videos has any relation to Beta release at all.  SI aren't going to wait for the creators to run out of videos before releasing, and the creators also have no prior knowledge of when beta is due.  So it's not like Lollujo is doing a video tomorrow as he has insider knowledge of Beta not coming/coming

And i certainly don't envisage SI getting in touch with all the youtubers and asking them "Can you not release a video on X date, we fancy getting the beta out, cheers"  

If its ready tomorrow itll be out, regardless if there is a YT'er video.  As it will be on Weds, or Thurs.     Also, slightly off topic i guess, but I'm sure Zealand reckons their early access is limited time only

12 minutes ago, ChelseaSince86 said:

I'm sure Zealand reckons their early access is limited time only

Well, yeah.  I mean, the game is going to come out on November 9th, right?

I guess the biggest question is whether the beta comes out earlier than October 26th.  I'm still hoping for tomorrow.

Just now, Daniel Evensen said:

I guess the biggest question is whether the beta comes out earlier than October 26th.  I'm still hoping for tomorrow.

The Youtubers were all limited in how much time they could film themselves playing it, apparently.  I dont know if that means their version only had X amount of hours gameplay before it locked, kinda like EA do with FIFA 10 hour trial things. 

Bolded part, my hunch is yes.  A member here heard Miles mention this week in relation to beta but may have been a slip of the tongue and not intentional.   I think this week because it generally did seem very polished for a beta.  Nothing major stood out to me in terms of bugs or glitches, either

2 hours ago, Bradley21 said:

Definitely a much better video than Zealands. Thanks.

Absolutely. I find the lad annoying and his videos a mess. Not sure what he has for breakfast every morning but it can't be good for him.

15 minutes ago, Daniel Evensen said:

Tomorrow has no chance imo as a second round of videos is being released. Wednesday could be the day though.

30 minutes ago, ChelseaSince86 said:

I dont think youtubers releasing Alpha videos has any relation to Beta release at all.  SI aren't going to wait for the creators to run out of videos before releasing, and the creators also have no prior knowledge of when beta is due.  So it's not like Lollujo is doing a video tomorrow as he has insider knowledge of Beta not coming/coming

And i certainly don't envisage SI getting in touch with all the youtubers and asking them "Can you not release a video on X date, we fancy getting the beta out, cheers"  

If its ready tomorrow itll be out, regardless if there is a YT'er video.  As it will be on Weds, or Thurs.     Also, slightly off topic i guess, but I'm sure Zealand reckons their early access is limited time only

Im pretty sure SI told them the schedule to release the videos, they only have a limited amount of film time too so you wont be seeing any more alpha build vids outside of these pre planned ones. The youtubers will have no knowledge of when the videos will release but SI absolutely would have scheduled it around there release plans.

14 minutes ago, Platinum said:

Im pretty sure SI told them the schedule to release the videos, they only have a limited amount of film time too so you wont be seeing any more alpha build vids outside of these pre planned ones. The youtubers will have no knowledge of when the videos will release but SI absolutely would have scheduled it around there release plans.

I watched one of Zealand's earlier today, think it was a ME one; and got through the whole video lol, and at the end he did say he has another tomorrow coming out and thats all they were allowed to do. Or words to that effect

When i see theyre all releasing one tomorrow, which i wasnt aware of, then yeh I think youre right and SI have told them when to release.

Edited by ChelseaSince86

12 minutes ago, Platinum said:

Agree'd. These youtubers do a lot for promoting the game hence the early access alpha they've got. SI would be foolish to release the Beta before the Youtubers have released their videos. I havent watch many of the videos yet, but I assume the content will have needed to be screened by SI. Its like any company getting influences to plug their product. Let them release the vids, build more anticipation and then hit the button on the beta after they have all be released

2 hours ago, Zemahh said:

Its true that FM doesn't attract huge audiences like a lot of games, but the viewership is consistent when compared to the amount of FM streamers. I recently looked it up and, although I havent got the exact number, the top games like Fortnight, Warzone, and other super popular games had average viewership of around 15-20 viewers per channel. That number was brought down by the sheer number of people streaming it, and most of the viewers being with the top streamers.

FM actually had larger viewership numbers per channel than pretty much every other game I checked, it was around 30-40 average viewers per channel that streamed it.

This tells us two things, firstly FM isn't a super popular game to watch compared to the AAA FPS out there at the moment, but secondly it does hold core audiences better and if you were a new Twitch streamer starting up today, as an FM streamer you would likely build up your audience a lot quicker than someone streaming Warzone or the like because it is such a saturated game to stream

36 minutes ago, BrightLad5 said:

Agree'd. These youtubers do a lot for promoting the game hence the early access alpha they've got. SI would be foolish to release the Beta before the Youtubers have released their videos. I havent watch many of the videos yet, but I assume the content will have needed to be screened by SI. Its like any company getting influences to plug their product. Let them release the vids, build more anticipation and then hit the button on the beta after they have all be released

suppose it also explains why each youtuber's video is on certain aspects.  One does a vid on ME, one on wonderkids, etc

2 minutes ago, AlexAlonsoo said:

Apparently, all youtubers who posted a video about alpha today will post another one tomorrow. Do you still think there are chances of it being released tomorrow?

i dont think so, but after tomorrow anyday

30 minutes ago, AlexAlonsoo said:

Apparently, all youtubers who posted a video about alpha today will post another one tomorrow. Do you still think there are chances of it being released tomorrow?

I initially thought yes as i didnt see any link between them releasing videos and the beta coming out.  But it's clearly all planned, as posted above by others

1 hora atrás, ChelseaSince86 disse:

I initially thought yes as i didnt see any link between them releasing videos and the beta coming out.  But it's clearly all planned, as posted above by others

I think it can be released tomorrow, after all the videos are on youtube.

Everyone will post video tomorrow and it should be around 4pm

7 hours ago, Bradley21 said:

Just watched some of Zealands video on the alpha he has access to. I lasted 5mins before I had to put it off, this guy is horrendously unfunny. Football Manager just doesn't translate well to videos anyway. 

Oh thank God it's not only me who finds him unwatchable.

3 hours ago, AlexAlonsoo said:

Yeah. There’s no way Miles is sat there going, “well, games ready, but… we’re not gonna release it cos there’s some guys that aren’t us doing some stuff on YouTube and I really want 6000 people an hour tweeting me asking when Beta is out. Why would I give that up?”

Doesn't mean it’s definitely out today either, but I wouldn’t rule it out just because of YT videos.