When's the BETA out speculation thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, DaveMUFC said:

I like how relaxed this thread is this year. 

I remember last year being havoc, everyone was checking the staff activity and steam DB updates :lol:

And typically after checking the thread every few minutes, it dropped while I was away at football

Did you forgot when the Government announced the UK’s second lockdown on October 31 last year and people were told to stay home.

4 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

It may be down to Loki being a bit more adult than the other guys - he does swear quite a lot and includes other references that SI may not want when it comes to advertising the new game.

Not a knock on Loki at all though, as he's my joint fave FM creator alongside Lollujo and I think he's hilarious - I just think because he's less family friendly than the others, he may not quite get the same access as the other guys.

As far as I've ever seen he gets zero access. I dunno what the demographics are for FM but I suspect most of us are closer to 40 than 20 so can handle the truth or slightly adult humour.

28 minutes ago, Kingstontom88 said:

People have got their lives back this year. 

Plus, FM22 hasn't got particularly ground-breaking features. I imagine a lot are still enjoying FM21 as well anyway - FM20, for a lot of people, was poor and a new iteration was much needed.

Speak for yourself last year we were fine didn't even lockdown. This year we just spent from May until well I'm still in God damn lockdown. But also FM20 was awful.

55 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Which amazes me because I find him entirely unwatchable. His personality and the way he talks is like nails down a chalkboard, maybe it's a agenerational thing I'm old.

I actually find him entertaining, I'm in my 30s so I'm not exactly a spring chicken myself :lol:

He's just different, not the usual, just sat in front of a screen playing a game. It's the same reason why streamers like Doc Disrespect are so popular. Add a bit of something different to the market.

He's pretty clued up on the game to which helps.

1 hour ago, kiwityke1983 said:

I like Loki Doki and he seems to never get early access or anything. Does anybody know why?

Because he's his own man and doesn't tend to get involved with the clique. He went to a creators cup thing one year, and I don't think he particularly enjoyed it. 

Only thing that irks me about him is he's a Liverpool fan for absolutely no reason I can work out. 

3 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Because he's his own man and doesn't tend to get involved with the clique. He went to a creators cup thing one year, and I don't think he particularly enjoyed it. 

Only thing that irks me about him is he's a Liverpool fan for absolutely no reason I can work out. 

He's a similar age to me, when we were growing up Liverpool were the dominant force in football in England, so had a lot of supporters not local to them.  A bit like Manchester United once the Premier League era started.

26 minutes ago, BrightLad5 said:

I actually find him entertaining, I'm in my 30s so I'm not exactly a spring chicken myself :lol:

He's just different, not the usual, just sat in front of a screen playing a game. It's the same reason why streamers like Doc Disrespect are so popular. Add a bit of something different to the market.

He's pretty clued up on the game to which helps.

I've honestly tried watching him a few times and just ended up turning him off after about a minute every single time because he just grates my last nerve.

Then again there a various male youtubers of a similar age to him whose schtick makes me react in a similar way so maybe it's just me.

I'd honestly probably rather pour bleach into my eye holes than watch Dr Disrespect so I guess that probably answers a lot.

I'm not getting my hopes up for a release today as the game doesn't come out for another 3 weeks and the only time that it came out near this time was when the club vision feature was implemented as they wanted long term save data.

That being said though it does feel like it could be an earlier release this time..

My reasoning for thinking this:

1. Content creators having access well in advance means the "alpha" is surely in a stable position
  2. Content Creators posting that they are having their last FM streams.
  3. SteamDB updates have already got inconsistent (usually happens within a day or two of release)

Reasons for thinking it won't happen:

1. In the stream they mentioned there was a few blog articles waiting to be released such as the transfer stuff.
  2. It is still 3 weeks until release.

il y a 1 minute, Iladtani a dit :

I'm not getting my hopes up for a release today as the game doesn't come out for another 3 weeks and the only time that it came out near this time was when the club vision feature was implemented as they wanted long term save data.

That being said though it does feel like it could be an earlier release this time..

My reasoning for thinking this:

1. Content creators having access well in advance means the "alpha" is surely in a stable position
  2. Content Creators posting that they are having their last FM streams.
  3. SteamDB updates have already got inconsistent (usually happens within a day or two of release)

Reasons for thinking it won't happen:

1. In the stream they mentioned there was a few blog articles waiting to be released such as the transfer stuff.
  2. It is still 3 weeks until release.

Hello fellow SM Caen manager.

You need to change toward a positive attitude.

BETA TONIGHT

10 minutes ago, PhilT said:

I think we've more than covered the mental & physical sides of the BETA release. I think at this stage we should consider the emotional & dare I say it, the sexual sides of it's release

Have a snickers mate, you’re not you when you’re hungry 

Ok, so being serious for a mo (I think you'll prefer me when i'm not), we need to consider the following:

* SI supply popular YouTubers the Alpha version for promotional reasons. (Good business sense.)

* I'm betting all of these reviews are pretty positive. (Makes perfect business relationship sense.)

* BETA reviews will show up some cracks. (They always do - it's the reason for the early release & our duty.)

I'm betting a certain amount of time will lapse until the YouTubers promote the game before us lot add the odd negative to it. On considering that, if I were a betting man now, I would go for next Tuesday, with this Thursday as the earliest possible. (But if not Thursday, no release until Tuesday.)

Ps bet you prefer it when i'm weird eh? ;-)