IL CALCIO è TORNATO A CASA! (Calcio is back home)

ParanoidBuddha

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Baptista_8 said:

@GunmaN1905 when are Chiellini and Bonucci going to be exposed? :D

Kane got exposed, what can I tell you? :D

Bonucci has been abysmal this past season, like a dozen mistakes leading to Sunday league goals, but he played his best football ever.

Chiellini wasn't in doubt except for speed, but noone managed to expose his lack of pace.

Btw, Barella is still undefeated in Italian shirt. :cool:

2 minutes ago, Astafjevs said:

He said it after almost every game. So pleased someone else noticed it too :D

Well, I overrated the best attackers in universe that play for mighty England. What can you do.

1 minute ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

Congrats, best team in the tournament from pretty much game 1 I think.

Especially considering both Florenzi and Spinazzola got injured.

Then add Pellegrini and Zaniolo into the mix, it would solve a lot of issues in attack.

I'm happy for Mancini, he finally got rid of the knockout game bottler stigma.

Delighted for Barella and Bastoni, happy for Chiellini, and last, but not least, for Mancini. When he got the job, I said he was the wrong appointment and that they won't progress with him in charge. I've never been proven so wrong in my life. :D

Well done Italy, they deserved it. :applause:

20 minuti fa, Marius_R ha scritto:

Delighted for Barella and Bastoni, happy for Chiellini, and last, but not least, for Mancini. When he got the job, I said he was the wrong appointment and that they won't progress with him in charge. I've never been proven so wrong in my life. :D

Same for me.

Just so proud of how we kept playing football no matter the situation or how tough it got.

Got so much **** about 'shithousing' for the last 15 mins against Belgium, but we played football for every other moment in that match.

We played great football in the groups.

We played football against Austria but just weren't on it, and didn't execute well. It happens. But we kept going anyway.

We tried against Spain but couldn't after 15 mins because they were better.

And we kept playing here even when England scored early and were playing well. We didn't stop and in the end, despite all the talk on how England's change to 3-4-3 was a genius tactical move, we forced them to copy us after 70 mins by continuing to play football.

3 minutes ago, Federico said:

Same for me.

I thought he's done it again when he subbed on Cristante and not Locatelli or even Pessina.

But the entire tournament was really impressive considering the squad at his disposal.

Btw, I need to hear Caressa-Bergomi duo during the shootout. :D

Edited by GunmaN1905

gunman actually made a good point for once. Our midfield depth when Lorenzo Pellegrini, Zaniolo, Sensi, Tonali all get into this squad will be great. Won't have to bring on garbage like Bernardeschi, or players who aren't good enough for this level like Cristante.

Locatelli, Verratti, Jorginho, Barella, Lorenzo Pellegrini, Zaniolo, Sensi, Tonali. Eight really good central midfielders. Sensi will be injured for the rest of his life, but oh well.

52 minutes ago, Astafjevs said:

gunman actually made a good point for once. Our midfield depth when Lorenzo Pellegrini, Zaniolo, Sensi, Tonali all get into this squad will be great. Won't have to bring on garbage like Bernardeschi, or players who aren't good enough for this level like Cristante.

Locatelli, Verratti, Jorginho, Barella, Lorenzo Pellegrini, Zaniolo, Sensi, Tonali. Eight really good central midfielders. Sensi will be injured for the rest of his life, but oh well.

But to be fair, you did say after the very first match that Mancini shouldn't have brought Chiellini because he wouldn't be able to play two consecutive matches. :brock:

1 minute ago, georginho_juventusygr said:

But to be fair, you did say after the very first match that Mancini shouldn't have brought Chiellini because he wouldn't be able to play two consecutive matches. :brock:

I said it before the tournament too. And tbf he got injured 20 minutes into his second match and didn't come back until the QF. 

In questo momento, Baptista_8 ha scritto:

Congratulations guys. Years ago, I would have been bitter whoever we lost to, and however we lost. Not so much these days. You were the better team, fully deserved, enjoy it.

Thanks to you too!

Just now, Federico said:

Thank you!

Coincidentally, both hosts Brazil and England have lost their finals...

And coincidentally Argentina is a very Italian country, with so many people there that are of Italian descent.

5 minuti fa, ParanoidBuddha ha scritto:

What do you guys think about Donnarumma awarded as player of the tournament?

He was brilliant and flawless in every game. Penalties excluded where he proved to be superb.

1 goal conceded to Belgium on penalty.

1 goal conceded to Spain on 1v1

1 goal conceded to England from short range. Maybe asking to be that reactive after just one minute from the kickoff was too much.

He was excellent. Probably our most consistent player, and it's nice to see a goalkeeper recognised. Chiesa was more noticeable, but not as consistent, and didn't score or assist enough goals to win player of the tournament. If they're going to give the award to an Italian player, the other candidates would be Bonucci, Spinazzola or Verratti. But Verratti didn't play every game and was subbed off a lot, and Spinazzola didn't play two important games in the SF or final. So it was basically Donnarumma or Bonucci.

He made some important saves - vs. Wales and Austria. And saved 3/9 penalties in shootouts.