IL CALCIO è TORNATO A CASA! (Calcio is back home)

ParanoidBuddha

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

What do you guys think about Donnarumma awarded as player of the tournament?

I raised my eyebrow at that because he hasn't been busy, then remembered he won two shootouts. Your goals were shared around, so he probably made most impact on the tournament overall.

Just now, Federico said:

And I tell you this guys: we will do a great World Cup as well. If we lost, that would have been different, but I feel this trophy will give us more confidence :thup:

Any up and comers to look our for in 18 months?

2 minuti fa, Federico ha scritto:

And I tell you this guys: we will do a great World Cup as well. If we lost, that would have been different, but I feel this trophy will give us more confidence :thup:

Only if we have a proper replacement for that disgrace called Ciro Immobile. He's been awful for years in the national team and he's been a liability in every game except the first of this european tournament. We need a proper striker (or find a tactical alternative that don't need one) if we want to repeat ourselves. Now teams will start to take countermeasures and it will be even harder.

Edited by DMaster2

4 minutes ago, Tikka Mezzala said:

Zaniolo

Bastoni

Lorenzo Pellegrini

Luca Pellegrini

Pellegri

Sensi

Raspadori

Tonali

Maybe Maldini's son develops

Moise Kean if he can be considered

There's a bunch really. Could say Esposito as well if he performs at Basel. 

Edited by Yuko

I think Bastoni is the next step, along with the recover of Zaniolo (fingers crossed) and Sensi.

Where we're conceding something in terms of strenght is upfront, I can't see anyone at the moment with the skills of Vieri or Toni or even Inzaghi to cover that role properly. We have no scoring guys, given how terrible Immobile confirmed to be.

1 minuto fa, DMaster2 ha scritto:

Only if we have a proper replacement for that disgrace called Ciro Immobile. He's been awful for years in the national team and he's been a liability in every game except the first of this european tournament. We need a proper striker (or find a tactical alternative that don't need one) if we want to repeat ourselves. Now teams will start to take countermeasures and it will be even harder.

You just anticipated me

In questo momento, Yuko ha scritto:

Zaniolo

Lorenzo Pellegrini

Luca Pellegrini

Pellegri

Sensi

Raspadori

Tonali

Perfect, that's a complete list of potential reinforcements for the next World Cup.

1 minute ago, Yuko said:

Zaniolo

Bastoni

Lorenzo Pellegrini

Luca Pellegrini

Pellegri

Sensi

Raspadori

Tonali

Know a few of them through FM. Definitely gonna catch more Serie A this season. Love the passion Italians have for football!

3 minutes ago, Tikka Mezzala said:

Tonali. Bastoni, although he needs to get used to playing for a team that plays football. Hopefully Luca Pellegrini because we need fullbacks. Zaniolo would have been in this squad if not for injury - need to see if he's the same player because he's had two ACL injuries. 

I'm hoping Kean can settle down and become consistently good because we need a forward

They're all players you've probably heard of. Rovella is probably the best one that people won't have heard of. But he's not got much Serie A experience as yet and unless he makes an incredible jump he's unlikely to get called given the competition in midfield

1 minute ago, Tikka Mezzala said:

Know a few of them through FM. Definitely gonna catch more Serie A this season. Love the passion Italians have for football!

There's lots of talent in Serie B as well, and Italians also move out of Italy more freely now on loan deals as young talents. Teams seem to finally prefer to give their players more exposure to competitive environments rather than just random playing time for a midtable Serie B club. 

Don't be surprised if someone has a breakout season and gets a NT spot. I imagine someone like Orsolini could be that guy, has all the talent needed. 

Or some kid appearing out of nowhere for a top-ish team after a great run of form. 

Not sure if Eddy Salcedo is eligible for Italy, but he could be one to watch. As is Vignato, also not sure if he's eligible. 

Someone like Zaccagni could have made it, just like Pessina did. Due to circumstances of course (no Pellegrini, no Sensi, enabled Pessina and Locatelli call ups). 

Rovella is highly rated and iirc joins Juventus. If he gets a starting spot there he's probably making the cut. 

3 minuti fa, Nordan ha scritto:

On behalf of the Norwegian population I salute you and the Italian squad. Thank you. :)

Immobile awful, you should look for someone named Mobile next time.

Tusen takk!

and ROFL

:lol:

Chiesa was definitely one of the most important players in the squad this EC. And still only 23. Is Juve for him the best place to develop further? He had a decent year I think last season, but I'm sure his performances at the EC have drawn a lot of attention from other major clubs. 

Juve definitely the best place because he'll play and they're in the Champions League. 

We need more players playing at that level really. The improvement in Barella over the last two seasons since he started playing Champions League is amazing. He didn't have a good tournament but he's becoming a top player.

Also 23 isn't young. Not for a forward nowadays anyway. Now is the age he needs to kick on and become a fuoriclasse. He turns 24 next season - in the season Sterling turned 24, he scored 18 league goals, four in the Champions League. That's the standard.

Congrats to our resident Italians. Future is bright for you, as i absolutely adore some of the upcoming talent you guys have. Still have some personal grudges about Mancini, haven't really rated him as a manager but even i have to admit he did his best during this EURO.

Enjoy the success. Looking forward to watching you in Qatar.

I've said it multiple times that Chiesa has been Juve's best player this season and it wasn't really close.

He has that something about him, engine that drives the entire team forward.

Barella wasn't on his usual level in the last couple of games, but he's dead tired. Entire year of playing without any break, from post-covid restart until last night.

17 minutes ago, Constantine said:

Still have some personal grudges about Mancini

His super-catenaccio subs against Spain gave me 2007 Villarreal flashbacks. :D

But this title is mostly his. From not qualifying 3 years ago to winning it all, without some important injured players.

Even if there are still question marks over some positions, Italy has a clear gameplan and team cohesion, it's much easier to have results that way.

Nice to see all those jokes surrounding the 'it's coming home' thing :D. It remains such an arrogant chant to begin with. And every major tournament the English can't seem to let go of it, remains funny to see how it blows up in their faces every single time. 

4 hours ago, Cedrik said:

Nice to see all those jokes surrounding the 'it's coming home' thing :D. It remains such an arrogant chant to begin with. And every major tournament the English can't seem to let go of it, remains funny to see how it blows up in their faces every single time. 

Nah, what's worse is the people that don't understand it. 

I don't know how many times this needs to be pointed out.

Edited by craigcwwe

31 minuti fa, craigcwwe ha scritto:

Anyway, congrats to the Italians on these boards, you guys were the best team in the tournament from the start and deservedly won last night. 

Thank you Sir!

3 hours ago, VamPook said:

What about centrebacks?

Alot can change in 1 year for 34 36 yr olds

I feel Bonucci has another tournament left in him, and there are still Bastoni, Mancini, even Romagnoli, plus someone under21 like Lovatto, or Zappa could have a breakthrough season and make the team. I think they'll be fine, Bastoni is one of the best young defenders in Europe atm, and he'll only improve. 

Bastoni and Romagnoli should be enough. Bastoni struggled in some of his games because Mancini plays high and front foot and he's from a club that doesn't play that way at all. And he's slow so he needs to learn to defend in those teams, like Chiellini has

I thought he's waiting for VAR to confirm it, we already saw it happen from some goalkeepers.

After rewatching the shootout a couple of times, it was one of the strangest things I've ever seen.

Felt like minutes passed between each penalty, but then it went from Pickford's save to Saka missing the last one in an instant.

One of the most anti-climactic things I've ever seen. :D

Qualcuno ha appena finito di vedere il documentario sul percorso dell'Italia agli Europei su Rai1?

Davvero molto bello, Vialli mi commuove sempre... lo rivedrò sicuramente.

E adesso ritrasmettono la partita! Alè gli Azzurri!!! :applause: