Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

After 4 seasons when i finality won the league with Frankfurt i can say about the ME those things :

- Overall the ME is amazing for me, so much variety of goals

- You can feel that top strikers are really good, especially in one on one

- I think after the last patch the game is more difficult and I love it 

- Really nice passes from players that have high attributes in vision and passing  

- Top premier league teams are so OP after 2 seasons

- Too many blocked crosses and shots in my opinion

-  Still i think the player ratings are not perfect 

But overall i think this is by far the best ME of all versions, hope for the final build in 21.3 for more improvements 

Edited by GOODNAME

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Arnar said:

But there are some things i dont like.

Also scout reports i have them set to when scouting a player that they will scout him until full knowledge but i get multiple messages per day with scouts saying they are finished scouting a player but it is at 10%-98%. Also i had to take over assigning scouts because the chief scout assigned nothing to them except just general focus.

The scouting setup doesn't work properly for me and didn't in 20 either.

The chief scout doesn't assign my scouts anything in either version and as you said they just do general focus, I really wish the chief scout assigned my scouts properly.

20 hours ago, GOODNAME said:

After 4 seasons when i finality won the league with Frankfurt i can say about the ME those things :

- Overall the ME is amazing for me, so much variety of goals

- You can feel that top strikers are really good, especially in one on one

- I think after the last patch the game is more difficult and I love it 

- Really nice passes from players that have high attributes in vision and passing  

- Top premier league teams are so OP after 2 seasons

- Too many blocked crosses and shots in my opinion

-  Still i think the player ratings are not perfect 

But overall i think this is by far the best ME of all versions, hope for the final build in 21.3 for more improvements 

I’m so jealous about the ME. I play FMT on iPad Pro and they’ve clearly reduced the variety of action so the predictably is high and variety low. :-(

19 minutos atrás, Sharkn20 disse:

Click in 24, then whatever number is marked as white with the other player. Easy.

It doesn't work, I've tried everything
Shirt 13 Alberto is not even part of my main squad, I have no idea what he's doing there

2 minutes ago, Nick_CB said:

It doesn't work, I've tried everything
Shirt 13 Alberto is not even part of my main squad, I have no idea what he's doing there

I don't know then, rise it as a bug  in the appropraite forum and wait for an answer from SI... That's unfortunate.

Edited by Sharkn20

27 minutos atrás, Sharkn20 disse:

I don't know then, rise it as a bug  in the appropraite forum and wait for an answer from SI... That's unfortunate.

There has been a topic about it since December if I'm not mistaken, they know the problem but they still can't solve it

6 hours ago, steam just is said:

I’m so jealous about the ME. I play FMT on iPad Pro and they’ve clearly reduced the variety of action so the predictably is high and variety low. :-(

The ME is the same for both FM and FMT. Updates can lag a bit behind when it comes to other stores, but by now it will have caught up.

San Jose Earthquake made a loan offer for one of my players, they were willing to pay 80% of his salaries playing or not, I negociated it asking for 100% of the salaries and a monthly fee of 70k if he plays, the next offer I got was the same club offering 60% of sallaries if he plays and 70% if he doesn't play... This is simply ridiculous!!!!

7 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

The ME is the same for both FM and FMT. Updates can lag a bit behind when it comes to other stores, but by now it will have caught up.

So I understand. But I’m really missing something then. I haven’t seen a decent through ball or genuinely creative pass in several matches. And not one chip over the keeper for game months. And this lack of variety is from both sides. I’d love to see the opposition put together a world class move. The only great goals begat seem to occur are first time shots from outside the area. I had 3 against me in 1 game. Just a bit silly 

In fact I’d say this is the most humdrum ME I have ever seen.

and yet most people say the ME is the best yet. So if FMT match on iPad Pro is identical to FM on laptop what am I missing?? My guess is that the ME is the same and calculations are the same but the representation is simplified. So there are limits to the action. 

Or I’m just a miserable git 

1 hour ago, steam just is said:

and yet most people say the ME is the best yet. So if FMT match on iPad Pro is identical to FM on laptop what am I missing?? My guess is that the ME is the same and calculations are the same but the representation is simplified. So there are limits to the action. 

If the calculations are the same, what will be shown will be the same. There might be slight differences depending on the level you're managing, how teams line up against each other, formations used, manager attributes/tactics etc

18 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

If the calculations are the same, what will be shown will be the same. There might be slight differences depending on the level you're managing, how teams line up against each other, formations used, manager attributes/tactics etc

Haha. So I’m a miserable git.

hopefully I’ll start enjoying 

cheers Hunter 

1 hour ago, LucasBR said:

San Jose Earthquake made a loan offer for one of my players, they were willing to pay 80% of his salaries playing or not, I negociated it asking for 100% of the salaries and a monthly fee of 70k if he plays, the next offer I got was the same club offering 60% of sallaries if he plays and 70% if he doesn't play... This is simply ridiculous!!!!

I got the same issue.

The AI throws down massive amounts of money for other AI players but when they come in for my players they come in with absolutely laughable offers. I find it really hard to sell players against their value at minimum in this year's edition, for some reason.

Just now, RVP32 said:

I got the same issue.

The AI throws down massive amounts of money for other AI players but when they come in for my players they come in with absolutely laughable offers. I find it really hard to sell players against their value at minimum in this year's edition, for some reason.

It happened again, that's completely ridiculous! If they don't want to pay what I want just refuse the offer, don't come up with this absurd.

Transfer AI is completely ridiculous this year, if you try to sell a player that had a tremendous season and has a high market price the AI will come with ever more ridiculous offers.

10 minutos atrás, LucasBR disse:

It happened again, that's completely ridiculous! If they don't want to pay what I want just refuse the offer, don't come up with this absurd.

Transfer AI is completely ridiculous this year, if you try to sell a player that had a tremendous season and has a high market price the AI will come with ever more ridiculous offers.

hakiiii.thumb.jpg.01669081f0ebc829776f7e1bcc0a20f6.jpg

mendes.thumb.jpg.a3c14b28a59498b28a9ad2e6e67eed33.jpg

fodeen.thumb.jpg.6650e7ec9881c1d33235cda33e82b4bc.jpg

3 minutes ago, LucasBR said:

I bet these clubs offered to buy these players and not you listing them to transfer.

If you have put a player on the transfer list, you shouldn't expect to get much though. That means you have told everyone you want this player gone, and why would they pay a premium then?

Players on the transfer list rarely gets more than close to their in game value, and that's pushing it in many cases. Especially those on high wages, those are likely to go for free, really.

Just now, XaW said:

If you have put a player on the transfer list, you shouldn't expect to get much though. That means you have told everyone you want this player gone, and why would they pay a premium then?

Players on the transfer list rarely gets more than close to their in game value, and that's pushing it in many cases. Especially those on high wages, those are likely to go for free, really.

I agree, but one thing is a player price is 60M, I'm asking for 45 and they offering 7M, that's nonsense.

1 minute ago, LucasBR said:

I agree, but one thing is a player price is 60M, I'm asking for 45 and they offering 7M, that's nonsense.

Depends a bit on context. If the player is on massive wages, short contract, or a myriad of other factors can really hit how much the AI are willing to bid for a player. I usually try to NOT transfer list my player, but offer him out and NOT setting him on the transfer list if I want to get rid. In my experience it will give fewer bids, but if there are takers, the bids are often higher.

I actually just sold Renato Sanches from Lille for 35mil. He was only worth 20mil, had just had an appalling season and he was put on the transfer list. For 35mil. (Thought I’d chance my luck). Wolves, West Brom and West Ham all offered 35mil after I offered him out. Needless to say he went to Wolverhampton Lisbon.

Thank you very much :) 

18 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

I actually just sold Renato Sanches from Lille for 35mil. He was only worth 20mil, had just had an appalling season and he was put on the transfer list. For 35mil. (Thought I’d chance my luck). Wolves, West Brom and West Ham all offered 35mil after I offered him out. Needless to say he went to Wolverhampton Lisbon.

Thank you very much :) 

Try to do this playing in South America.

4 hours ago, LucasBR said:

My experience is completely opposite to yours, the AI doesn't hesitate in coming with several millions on hand to rip my star players out of my hands.

Situation changes if the player is transfer listed, as it should be, if u need to clean your wage budget or you got a better replacement is fair game to lowball you, I'd do the same.

1 hour ago, pizzachips said:

why as man united with the foreign player limitation does it not show FGN in the first team. only shows in the under 23 and 18 unless im blatantly missing something.

hard to know whos fgn and not in the first team

image.thumb.png.d9f521147782c5c02bffce5fba937fcd.png

You can add a column on your squad screen that tells you.

Im getting genuinely really annoyed and fed up of my goalkeeper repeatedly kicking the ball long despite having instructions to do otherwise. No matter what, he kicks it long. Never seen him play it short and I concede SO many goals from this.

18 hours ago, XaW said:

Depends a bit on context. If the player is on massive wages, short contract, or a myriad of other factors can really hit how much the AI are willing to bid for a player. I usually try to NOT transfer list my player, but offer him out and NOT setting him on the transfer list if I want to get rid. In my experience it will give fewer bids, but if there are takers, the bids are often higher.

Thanks for sharing this - this has actually helped me to shift some deadwood just before the end of the transfer window! I've found my DOF to be pretty useless at getting my unwanted players out.

16 minutes ago, Kingstontom88 said:

Thanks for sharing this - this has actually helped me to shift some deadwood just before the end of the transfer window! I've found my DOF to be pretty useless at getting my unwanted players out.

No worries, I see this as more of a "testing the waters" approach, rather than letting everyone know I want him gone. So by offering him out without putting him on the list, I sort of say "he is available for something around this fee, but I'm not desperate to get rid. So if there are no takers, I'm happy to keep him". If I had put him on my list, even with an asking price, I would be saying "I want him gone, this is my wanted fee, but I'll entertain any takers for whatever". So by putting a player on the transfer list, you devalue the player, so to say.

I especially do this for backups or rotational options when I have younger (or more talented) replacements lined up. I tend to only use the transfer list as a last resort to get rid of troublemakers or the like.

Also, I play without a DoF because I like the control, and he would only do the same job, but worse than me and I'd have to clean up his mess! :D

On 16/1/2021 at 23:03, rp1966 said:

Can't say I've had problems with loan position conditions. The one that bugs me is when you are in the transfer window and you bring in a midfielder, say, and then you bring in a second midfielder, so a complete revamp and the second transfer says 'strengthen the midfield' - it either needs to stop players asking for the squad to be strengthened in the position they are being brought in to strengthen or needs to recognise the other transfers that you have already made. 

Yeah I think this is indeed when of the poitns where the game is more flawed. The players seems too much unaware of what goes around them when making demands or reacting to promises.

I had my current GK demanding to srengthen the defence to renew his contract. That after I have already brought 4 defenders and have another 2 on loan and with transfer arranged for next season, and of course no transfer budget left unless I sell someone else. Which by the way I later did but Im obviously not getting another defence specially as I have some promising prospects.

@XaW Regarding the transfers and AI offers. I agree that the factors you mention do apply and make sense. But I still feel that the AI has a notable double standard. I have managed to get some decent offers here and there, but are the exception to the rule.

But most times you can at best get close to/market value and thats with a lot of effort playing with the system by adding/removing the transfer list status, offering to teams, negotiation and having future clauses for delayed payments, objective based payments, etc.

However (in my limited experience) even when the AI lists for transfer list, they usually list a price already above value and demand more even if you end meeting that value. I have never felt the "They want to get rid of this guy and I got a bargain" feel. I have only got bargains from contracts ending and avoid the negotiation with the team at all.

And the funny thing regarding sales is that even with not transfer listed players it seems to happen too. Low transfers still come. They do offer value or slightly above it much more often too, specially if you negotiate. But I had a bunch of offers for players I had not transfer listed in the seasons I played so far and none were big compared to value. Maybe 10% extra. When you need to overpay a lot for anyone they weren't planning on selling already. To be honest I see this side as the problem. I see normal that you have to break bank to convince them to sell someone they dont want to. But it would be more consistent if the AI did the same when they wanted a player you have clearly shown you don't want to sell.

About the ME and ratings which I see center a lot fo the complaints. I dont know, I can't compare but I have to see Im really happy. I play matches in the second most detailed view, even pausing and repeating some plays at times and I have to say you see a lot of variety and I have been able to reflect notably different tactics and styles on the game and see beatufil plays both from my team and opposition. You do get something a bit absurd here and there (blocked crosses are a problem though ii imrpoved after the first patch) but I do believe this is also sometimes caused by the lack of graphical detail. Basically the calculation that goes behind gets a result but the engine is not always able to show it in a realistical way graphically. I think this happens for example with players running out of boudns that always loo kridicoulous, but I guess represent a lack of control of the ball in time that we see in real life often but you are unable to notice (properly) in FM. I feel that this happens sometimes with defence animations too.

Seeing what it achieves already and improvements that have been done just in this version I have sicnerely hope for the future. Though been a newbie maybe I need more time to become dissapointed lol.

About the ratings. I agree they aren't perfect, but I think they are in arelativelly good place right now. Pre patch they were indeed very low. Since the patch I have seen very sensible ratings. I always mean this in the fuly detailed leagues and such as Im rarelly checking around the world to have an opinion.

In my last save, my team which is doign well but not breaking records either has most players averaging between 6.8 and 7.3. You have 1-2 outleirs around 7.5 and a couple in the lower 6 range but the latter are some emergency backups that have barelly played. So it seems pretty in order. But its not only that. In this save I have been paying much more attention to both matches hemselves (wtaching) and the final statistics and I find that ratings are quite fine o na match per match basis. I still feel like some defensive work could get more value, but overall when I watch the match, we do well and we win most of the team is on the green, several at 7-7.1, maybe 2-3 around 7.5 and one outlier near or above 8, with the lowest  been 6.7-6.9 range. When we crush we can have several players above 8. When we do bad everyone or almost is on the grey and you may see some low 6 values. Again the onl ydiscrepancy I felt on a match basis is that (sometimes) players that I felt did well on defesive work maybe didnt cut the 7, or that they rarely get anywhere to close to 8 unless they score on a setpiece or something. Though to be honest even a striker needs often 2+ goals to get to an 8.

1 hour ago, XaW said:

No worries, I see this as more of a "testing the waters" approach, rather than letting everyone know I want him gone. So by offering him out without putting him on the list, I sort of say "he is available for something around this fee, but I'm not desperate to get rid. So if there are no takers, I'm happy to keep him". If I had put him on my list, even with an asking price, I would be saying "I want him gone, this is my wanted fee, but I'll entertain any takers for whatever". So by putting a player on the transfer list, you devalue the player, so to say.

I especially do this for backups or rotational options when I have younger (or more talented) replacements lined up. I tend to only use the transfer list as a last resort to get rid of troublemakers or the like.

Also, I play without a DoF because I like the control, and he would only do the same job, but worse than me and I'd have to clean up his mess! :D

Yes I think I'll use this moving forwards. Managed to get an RB to leave that otherwise had no takers when transfer listed; sent round 'offer to clubs' with unspecified amount required and got half his value recouped. Nearly managed it with another winger I wanted to shift - took him off transfer list, sent round unspecified amount 'offer to clubs' and got a bid matching his full value! Sadly he turned down the contract offer, but this is def a game changer for me. Really struggling to shift players worth £25-30m for even £5-10m - even 'sell for any value' hasn't yielded resultls.

44 minutes ago, Jervaj said:

@XaW Regarding the transfers and AI offers. I agree that the factors you mention do apply and make sense. But I still feel that the AI has a notable double standard. I have managed to get some decent offers here and there, but are the exception to the rule.

But most times you can at best get close to/market value and thats with a lot of effort playing with the system by adding/removing the transfer list status, offering to teams, negotiation and having future clauses for delayed payments, objective based payments, etc.

However (in my limited experience) even when the AI lists for transfer list, they usually list a price already above value and demand more even if you end meeting that value. I have never felt the "They want to get rid of this guy and I got a bargain" feel. I have only got bargains from contracts ending and avoid the negotiation with the team at all.

And the funny thing regarding sales is that even with not transfer listed players it seems to happen too. Low transfers still come. They do offer value or slightly above it much more often too, specially if you negotiate. But I had a bunch of offers for players I had not transfer listed in the seasons I played so far and none were big compared to value. Maybe 10% extra. When you need to overpay a lot for anyone they weren't planning on selling already. To be honest I see this side as the problem. I see normal that you have to break bank to convince them to sell someone they dont want to. But it would be more consistent if the AI did the same when they wanted a player you have clearly shown you don't want to sell.

I kind of agree, but also kind of disagree. Before I start to answer, I'm mostly familiar with the sell process, since I almost exclusively play the youth challenge, so I've rarely bought a player the latest version. So for buying, I'm relying more on what was possible earlier. For selling, well, that's something I do often and rely on to improve the club.

So for buying:

On the surface, if you don't do the "legwork", so to say, it's almost impossible to get a bargain. I'm talking about speaking about the player in the press, sending scouts, possibly even attending a match yourself, heck even getting other players to recommend the move or talk to the press. Also, lowballing bids, waiting, etc. The longer you have done these things, the lower price you can get players for. Back in I think FM17 or FM18, when Dele Alli was the hottest young player in England and really cost a fortune, I got him for £35m in the summer window after the first season, and I had more or less stalked him for about 5 months before I got that. Managed to make him make a huge fuzz at the club and started a whole riot at Tottenham and in the end they sold him to me for a fraction of the value. A few years later, I sold him for over £100m. So bargains are (were) possible, but it took a lot of work before the bid was accepted.

As for selling:

I think what I wrote above will give some good hints for those who really struggle, but there are some players that are more or less impossible to shift for a decent sum, just like real life (Özil says hello). And some will stick around until their contract runs out (Winston Bogarde says hello - If you didn't get this reference, look at his wikipedia page under his time at Chelsea) no matter how much you push. They simply have too much wage to ever want to leave and no one want to take over that. So restricting how much wage you give players can help you shift them out in the future. Of course, if you take over a club that is overpaying, it's a tricky situation.

In general I think the AI have come a long way and are getting better and better at transfers for each version, but it's not as good as it could be yet. There will still be cases where the actions will seem strange, and sometimes wrong, but if you get a situation you think is just plain wrong, then at least report it as a bug, so it potentially can be fixed in the future. The AI will try to use the same tricks I mentioned above, like lowball offers and the press to have the player create a fuzz so you have to accept a lower price, and all those tricks are there for both humans and AI, so you can buy a player for the same amount as the AI if you do the same leg work.

The biggest issue with the AI resembles the last paragraph I quoted. I find the AI lowball to often and then simply bids a huge amount as a last "Hail Mary" to get the player. And if you see that coming, you can make loads of money of it. I'd like it to be a bit more nuanced, personally, but it's not an easy task, I'm sure.

36 minutes ago, Kingstontom88 said:

Yes I think I'll use this moving forwards. Managed to get an RB to leave that otherwise had no takers when transfer listed; sent round 'offer to clubs' with unspecified amount required and got half his value recouped. Nearly managed it with another winger I wanted to shift - took him off transfer list, sent round unspecified amount 'offer to clubs' and got a bid matching his full value! Sadly he turned down the contract offer, but this is def a game changer for me. Really struggling to shift players worth £25-30m for even £5-10m - even 'sell for any value' hasn't yielded resultls.

Yeah, that how I've done for a while anyway. Just let the AI you are open to business, but not for any price. And sometimes I still get low bids, if the AI don't value the player highly and sometimes I take the bid to get rid, and sometimes I hang on to him for a while more in hopes for more. Sometimes I've even created a bidding war between teams and sold for much more than his in-game value. It's situational and the outcome is not clear cut, but it seems to produce better bids than transfer listing.

18 minutes ago, XaW said:

I kind of agree, but also kind of disagree. Before I start to answer, I'm mostly familiar with the sell process, since I almost exclusively play the youth challenge, so I've rarely bought a player the latest version. So for buying, I'm relying more on what was possible earlier. For selling, well, that's something I do often and rely on to improve the club.

So for buying:

On the surface, if you don't do the "legwork", so to say, it's almost impossible to get a bargain. I'm talking about speaking about the player in the press, sending scouts, possibly even attending a match yourself, heck even getting other players to recommend the move or talk to the press. Also, lowballing bids, waiting, etc. The longer you have done these things, the lower price you can get players for. Back in I think FM17 or FM18, when Dele Alli was the hottest young player in England and really cost a fortune, I got him for £35m in the summer window after the first season, and I had more or less stalked him for about 5 months before I got that. Managed to make him make a huge fuzz at the club and started a whole riot at Tottenham and in the end they sold him to me for a fraction of the value. A few years later, I sold him for over £100m. So bargains are (were) possible, but it took a lot of work before the bid was accepted.

Maybe you could DM some tips in this department here, because I have tried this several times with no results. I actually even save scummed once several timesto do an experiment.

So, in my last saves there were several times where I could use a player but due to limited transfer budget and the AI asking far above value I needed to lower the price. In this cases I scouted, talked to the press about it everytime I could, sent offers, showed interests. It never yielded anything. The player did respond positively even with press statements but the teams didnt budged. In fact I noticed that it actually makes the player demand a much higher wage afterwards. When I did the specific experiment this was clear. Even negotiating the player required literally double the wage while I barelly scrapped a bit off the transfer price. Seeing that I stopped doing it most times. I rather eat the initial cost and have a lower wage while at the same time saving me the chore of unsettling the player.

And the annoying thing is that this happens even when the situation is already there. I several times saw interested players with reports of him been unhappy at the club and been asked to be transfer listed and yet no way of getting a nice offer in. The AI seemed to demand as much as if it was a player it didn't want to seel. Im sure Im doing something wrong (thats why I ask for tips) and its not the end to be of things, but I can understand why people can be somewhat annoyed at times.

As for selling:

I think what I wrote above will give some good hints for those who really struggle, but there are some players that are more or less impossible to shift for a decent sum, just like real life (Özil says hello). And some will stick around until their contract runs out (Winston Bogarde says hello - If you didn't get this reference, look at his wikipedia page under his time at Chelsea) no matter how much you push. They simply have too much wage to ever want to leave and no one want to take over that. So restricting how much wage you give players can help you shift them out in the future. Of course, if you take over a club that is overpaying, it's a tricky situation.

In general I think the AI have come a long way and are getting better and better at transfers for each version, but it's not as good as it could be yet. There will still be cases where the actions will seem strange, and sometimes wrong, but if you get a situation you think is just plain wrong, then at least report it as a bug, so it potentially can be fixed in the future. The AI will try to use the same tricks I mentioned above, like lowball offers and the press to have the player create a fuzz so you have to accept a lower price, and all those tricks are there for both humans and AI, so you can buy a player for the same amount as the AI if you do the same leg work.

The biggest issue with the AI resembles the last paragraph I quoted. I find the AI lowball to often and then simply bids a huge amount as a last "Hail Mary" to get the player. And if you see that coming, you can make loads of money of it. I'd like it to be a bit more nuanced, personally, but it's not an easy task, I'm sure.

Yeah, that I have clearly noticed. When you you have someone on high wages (specially after taking over a club) its really difficult to off load them even if they have great stats. And I mean, it does make sense. Many teams surely can't afford it even if they wanted to so the potential betters are restricted. Much so if the player itself its expensive. There is not many clubs that can afford throwing dozens of millions and taking over hundreds of k in wages for just one player.

Edited by Jervaj

1 minute ago, Jervaj said:

Maybe you could DM some tips in this department here, because I have tried this several times with no results. I actually even save scummed once several timesto do an experiment.

So, in my last saves there were several times where I could use a player but due to limited transfer budget and the AI asking far above value I needed to lower the price. In this cases I scouted, talked to the press about it everytime I could, sent offers, showed interests. It never yielded anything. The player did respond positively even with press statements but the teams didnt budged. In fact I noticed that it actually makes the player demand a much higher wage afterwards. When I did the specific experiment this was clear. Even negotiating the player required literally double the wage while I barelly scrapped a bit off the transfer price. Seeing that I stopped doing it most times. I rather eat the initial cost and have a lower wage while at the same time saving me the chore of unsettling the player.

And the annoying thing is that this happens even when the situation is already there. I several times saw interested players with reports of him been unhappy at the club and been asked to be transfer listed and yet no way of getting a nice offer in. The AI seemed to demand as much as if it was a player it didn't want to seel. Im sure Im doing something wrong (thats why I ask for tips) and its not the end to be of things, but I can understand why people can be somewhat annoyed at times.

I don't really have any tricks other than what I wrote. I don't do much buying anymore, so I rely on somewhat outdated experiences. So it could be that it doesn't work as well anymore, for all I know. I know that it _used_ to work, at the very least.

And, yes, if you really shower the player with intentions of signing him, his demands will be higher than if you didn't. Naturally, the agent will think you are willing to pay more than usual since you spent all that effort in getting an agreement with the club, so it's not worth it in all cases. I was only talking about the transfer fee, not the total cost of things.

I'm better at selling than buying, really, so I'm better at giving advise for sales rather than buying. Perhaps anyone else in here who has had success with bargain hunting can help out with a few more tips?

12 minutes ago, XaW said:

And, yes, if you really shower the player with intentions of signing him, his demands will be higher than if you didn't. Naturally, the agent will think you are willing to pay more than usual since you spent all that effort in getting an agreement with the club, so it's not worth it in all cases. I was only talking about the transfer fee, not the total cost of things.

I'm better at selling than buying, really, so I'm better at giving advise for sales rather than buying. Perhaps anyone else in here who has had success with bargain hunting can help out with a few more tips?

I mean, it does indeed make sense that they ask more. My point its that it doubles down in leaving the other "buying interactions" somewhat irrelevant. Specially given the higher wages not only has an impact on been an extra cost itself but also on the ability to sell the player down the line.

To be honest in the case of selling I dont really see a big deal with the low offers for transfer listed because when I transfer list someone is because Im not using him much already and ant to offload his salary. And often the saving in salary from selling quick is bigger than what I "undersell" him for.  What annoys me its the bad offers for those I dont want to sell. I only once had a case where I outright rejected offers and the other club kept coming for more and they ended making a decent one (and player wanted to go so I didnt want to complicate thigns) but it was a rare exception.

I guess I could try the test the waters approach for those I want to sell but I am in no real hurry. What do you mean with offer the player though? You mean the thing the DoF does when you place them in the discard list?  What prices do you set in this case? As it seems you are forced to set one for this.

I have never seen that to pay of though. he always come back saying there is no one interested even after insisiting and trying for months. Evevn for players that have no clear reason to be unattractive.

25 minutes ago, Jervaj said:

I mean, it does indeed make sense that they ask more. My point its that it doubles down in leaving the other "buying interactions" somewhat irrelevant. Specially given the higher wages not only has an impact on been an extra cost itself but also on the ability to sell the player down the line.

To be honest in the case of selling I dont really see a big deal with the low offers for transfer listed because when I transfer list someone is because Im not using him much already and ant to offload his salary. And often the saving in salary from selling quick is bigger than what I "undersell" him for.  What annoys me its the bad offers for those I dont want to sell. I only once had a case where I outright rejected offers and the other club kept coming for more and they ended making a decent one (and player wanted to go so I didnt want to complicate thigns) but it was a rare exception.

I guess I could try the test the waters approach for those I want to sell but I am in no real hurry. What do you mean with offer the player though? You mean the thing the DoF does when you place them in the discard list?  What prices do you set in this case? As it seems you are forced to set one for this.

I have never seen that to pay of though. he always come back saying there is no one interested even after insisiting and trying for months. Evevn for players that have no clear reason to be unattractive.

Well, I don't use a DoF, I control it myself. What I mean by offering out is just simply this (and I'm using screenshots as I progress now, so I might not be lucky and actually sell the player):

I play in Norway and my players are not worth much, but here goes. One of my youth players is just not good enough anymore, so I want to sell him. He is a decent talent, but I have better options. His contract has about a year left, so let's see if I can get anything at all for him.

image.png.147b7590f609180e7d85ebd329e5e727.png

His value is only £4.5k, so I don't expect much.

So I offer him out without any more info, just a "if anyone is interested give me a call" message.

image.png.9f182bc649176790ec7f12d13d96b13c.pngimage.thumb.png.4363e37c46438627a1009687f91bf54b.png

One click of continue later, I get an offer for his value. Locked in by the AI. They sense a bargain, and I don't mind since I'm never going to use him anyway. I accept and I expect him too leave soon if they give him a decent contract.

image.png.29c3b86a844b1a296040598206a94372.png

13 hours ago, Abysmal said:

Im getting genuinely really annoyed and fed up of my goalkeeper repeatedly kicking the ball long despite having instructions to do otherwise. No matter what, he kicks it long. Never seen him play it short and I concede SO many goals from this.

Bring tempo and mentality down, distribute to full backs and centre backs, roll it down, play from defence.

Give him options to pass to.

That should do the trick, my GK rarely kick it long during extended highlights. Unless I change the instructions to ask him to actually do it.

1 hour ago, XaW said:

Well, I don't use a DoF, I control it myself. What I mean by offering out is just simply this (and I'm using screenshots as I progress now, so I might not be lucky and actually sell the player):

I play in Norway and my players are not worth much, but here goes. One of my youth players is just not good enough anymore, so I want to sell him. He is a decent talent, but I have better options. His contract has about a year left, so let's see if I can get anything at all for him.

image.png.147b7590f609180e7d85ebd329e5e727.png

His value is only £4.5k, so I don't expect much.

So I offer him out without any more info, just a "if anyone is interested give me a call" message.

image.png.9f182bc649176790ec7f12d13d96b13c.pngimage.thumb.png.4363e37c46438627a1009687f91bf54b.png

One click of continue later, I get an offer for his value. Locked in by the AI. They sense a bargain, and I don't mind since I'm never going to use him anyway. I accept and I expect him too leave soon if they give him a decent contract.

image.png.29c3b86a844b1a296040598206a94372.png

Oh, I see. I had been missing this feature. Will certainly try it and see what results it yields.

1 hour ago, Jervaj said:

Oh, I see. I had been missing this feature. Will certainly try it and see what results it yields.

Great! Hopefully, you can find it a bit easier to get rid of players doing that. It's not a guaranteed result, but every now and then, there will be interested parties and it's an easy sell.

2 hours ago, Sharkn20 said:

Bring tempo and mentality down, distribute to full backs and centre backs, roll it down, play from defence.

Give him options to pass to.

That should do the trick, my GK rarely kick it long during extended highlights. Unless I change the instructions to ask him to actually do it.

Bar the tempo, I already do all of this, thats why im complaining. I have also had it on take short kicks and that doesnt work. Dont get me wrong, I dont expect a short kick every time especially if the opposition are preventing short goalkeeper distribution but there are so many times where my fullbacks and centre backs are wide open and my keeper decides to boot it up top to my 5'8 striker, who obviously loses the ball.

37 minutes ago, Abysmal said:

Bar the tempo, I already do all of this, thats why im complaining. I have also had it on take short kicks and that doesnt work. Dont get me wrong, I dont expect a short kick every time especially if the opposition are preventing short goalkeeper distribution but there are so many times where my fullbacks and centre backs are wide open and my keeper decides to boot it up top to my 5'8 striker, who obviously loses the ball.

Kick it to the flanks or distribute to the playmaker spot if the opposition is preventing short passes, there are plenty workaround about this.

It does require extra clicks as everything in the game though. We should have a list of priorities, of what to do with the ball instead of boot it up if the short pass is not open.

2 minutes ago, Sharkn20 said:

Kick it to the flanks or distribute to the playmaker spot if the opposition is preventing short passes, there are plenty workaround about this.

It does require extra clicks as everything in the game though. We should have a list of priorities, of what to do with the ball instead of boot it up if the short pass is not open.

Again that isnt my issue. My problem is that when the opposition arent preventing short passes and my goalkeeper can easily play it to the fullbacks and centre backs, he doesnt. A goal kick with open defenders to play the ball to and yet my keeper still insists on launching it forward. I have no problem with him launching long if there isnt options though.

Think it would be useful for reputation changes to happen a little more fluently throughout the season or at least happen as soon as the season ends. You can get straight to new transfer business that way instead of having to wait for reputation to update when realistically it would improve / decrease as the season goes on.

12 minutes ago, Abysmal said:

Again that isnt my issue. My problem is that when the opposition arent preventing short passes and my goalkeeper can easily play it to the fullbacks and centre backs, he doesnt. A goal kick with open defenders to play the ball to and yet my keeper still insists on launching it forward. I have no problem with him launching long if there isnt options though.

What is your GK decisions and composure attributes?

3 minutes ago, Sharkn20 said:

What is your GK decisions and composure attributes?

Looking at them they arent the best so maybe that is a partial explanation for the matter, so thank you. Still think there are a few issues with goalkeepers kicking in general looking at some other threads on here by my keepers poor decisions probably don't help!

Cheers for the help on this!

7 hours ago, mfjin said:

It's been 3 weeks since the last hotfix, can we expect another hotfix or will we have to wait until the winter update for the next improvements to the game?

A hotfix is usually only released if there is a major issue that is affecting a number of users.  The next major update will be the January transfer window update due at  the end of February/beginning of March, so we are not expecting any further hotfixes that we know of