The FM21 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So my Belenenses attempt didn't really work out, we were playing well but the finances were killer and I couldn't really get into the save. Decided to head back to England where I am much more familiar with the lower leagues. Starting this time with another phoenix club in Rushden and Diamonds, as I love the idea of a phoenix club going youth-only due to previous financial troubles :)

Many thanks to @DazRTaylor for posting his save file in this thread - saved me alot of time saving and reloading!!

99.thumb.PNG.befda2f65eb726e73ddc280d72056942.PNG

io7YRbf.png  

Teie IF - Youth intake 2024

Huh, our first "golden generation" and quite fitting for our 100th year as a football club!

yXznIaN.png

Now this is easily the best intake so far, and we even have a few with more than that cursed half a star that is often much less. Really promising intake!

g47mNv5.png

dSMF7oG.png

The obvious choice for the best player of the intake. Decent pace, not horrible technicals, I mean, anything I could ask for at this level!

Statistics:

Spoiler

Another Swede and Pole, and we got our first Russian fellow to really fill out the world map!

3vXCTU9.png

h8fXlAN.png

jT2pkgo.png

5 minutes ago, ravenation said:

Is it normal in this version to get ridiculous offers for your talents in this version of the game? So far I had maybe 100 offers for different players and all have been 0 - who will sell player for 0?

20210110234242_1.jpg

It often happens if the players have youth contracts, or are worth very little. Or if you somehow have set their "sale price" to 0...?

6 hours ago, XaW said:

It often happens if the players have youth contracts, or are worth very little. Or if you somehow have set their "sale price" to 0...?

I havent - they want to buy my biggest talents which are not even for sale. Strange. hope it will get better when i actually have prospects i want to sell. Hope it is NOT a bug. It is strange to see Championship and League one clubs offer 0 for talents

Edited by ravenation

2 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

By the way, I have a confession to make.

Over the weekend, I got the overwhelming urge to play as a team with transfers.  My madness lasted about the length of pre season before I came to my senses and was back in The Netherlands with Babberich.

Please forgive me.

Drugs to terrible things to people :D

Kecskeméti 2023/24 Season Review

77df37b35d4337f36544351e1707908a.png

db1c3d2cf730490392edb57695f89650.png

On paper, this looks like a worse season than last season, but we scored more and conceded less. If it wasn't for a shocking start we probably would've been promoted. But another season here is fine. I'd prefer to wait until our junior coaching is maxed out before we go up, which we managed to do at the end of the season. 

2746adabf57553008306704f6d146354.png

Krisztián Kerekes  -  Roland Angyal  -  Lukács Gábor

ec8713770585db2368b2bcd9d83122d0.png

Not too much of a difference to last year, although our older players are regressing. We need the youth to step up ASAP.

Youth Intake

8d40055cb6e20a013746debbfcc29541.png

István Tamaskó 3A  -  Ádám Fekete 3B  -  Máté Szalay 3C

1be7e867379bfb98fe7bab840a5bc760.png

A pretty good intake in terms of potential, but not so much in terms of current ability. Fekete will almost definitely start for us next season after the winter break, as well as Acsadi 3E who was listed as the best player in the intake. Hopefully you'll get to see him soon.

Record Breakers

1f47e0c9555d7caad8c60b992fa89e45.png
ea00c6a39d42bb18904a8d771978597d.png

Transfers

b43b2126ea31ce623edec2d58ed8f842.png

A bloke who never really played for us is off to Nebraska.

Progress

50a54ed8df3bc57953df9b8436f0ef7e.png

End of Season Review

Season 2021/22

Rot-Weiss Essen

EoBSvhR.png

League Table - We were in the top four all season and had long unbeaten runs.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - Losing back to back games near the end of the season made me sweat a bit, though we were secured promotion with a game to spare.

Pre Season Friendlies - Just the one victory, though it was against Bayer Leverkusen.

Squad - The unexpected promotion means our squad is nowhere near strong enough for the second tier.

Squad Dynamics - Very good, as you would expect.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out - I allowed four players to leave, two on free transfers and two for nominal fees, as they are never going to be good enough for the third tier, never mind the second.

Youth Candidates - A dreadful intake, with Edmond Magani YP22A1 looking the like the best of a very poor bunch.

Finances - We are in the red unfortunately, though the prize money from the second tier means we won't be for long.

Key Players

Maximilian Pronichev - Russian striker whose goals enabled the promotion push.

Felix Weber - Versatile defender who had a great season.

Daniel Davari - Veteran Iranian goalkeeper who won points for us on his own.

Amari Condé - Guinean central midfielder who is regarded as one of our best players.

Oğuzhan Kefkir - Playing on either wing, he was ok in patches, but he is capable of so much more.

Next Season

We will be so far out of our depth, it is laughable.  So we need to survive, somehow.

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation           Qualifications       Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)    None                   1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2021/22    Minimal = (1.00*) ↑  National ↑             5 ↑   5 ↑   2 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   5 ↑   4 ↑   5 ↑   4 =   1 =   5 ↑   4 ↑   6 ↑   2 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑   

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Average              Average           Top                   Average          Adequate           National   (2.50*)
2021/22    Average =            Average =         Top =                 Good ↑↑          Good ↑↑            National = (2.50*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22      38        23        7        8          71              39                 +32

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Time At Club
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22          38        23        7        8          71              39                 +32              328 days

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------
2021/22    3. Liga

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x 3. Liga (2021/22)

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     DFB-Pokal                    Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       3. Liga                               1st          N/a                       Promoted as champions.

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    No one                                    0

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Goals
2021/22    No one                                       0

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                        Cumulative Number of Assists
2021/22    No one                                      0

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    No one                                     0

Edited by DazRTaylor

12 hours ago, Cheez3y said:

https://i.gyazo.com/8520f7dccb1de48f107d0dc081b5ac41.png

Managed to get a late draw in the first leg.

Then this happend in the return leg at home....

https://i.gyazo.com/ce6ebae7c7caf699e38126a67d191e10.png

I go to bed, I cant do that today.

This is an amazing achievement!

I am logging in from work hoping to see the update - I need to know before I can get on with my work :)

Best of luck, @Cheez3y!!! Really can't keep up with the speed some of you guys have playing this game btw :D 

A small update from my side: in our 4th season (2nd in the Ligue 2), we're establishing ourselves as a decent mid-table team. Not as much relegation fear as last year, 6 games before the end of the season we're closer to the PO spots for promotion than PO for relegation! Youth intake is about to come any day, very excited as a very talented Swiss midfielder is about to join our ranks according to the preview

Spoiler

spacer.png

I'm not sure if it's the right thing to ask here but I cannot seem to find the answer elsewhere. What is the optimum way to develop a youngster? Up until they're 18 they should be in the U18s? At what age should they be mentored (if its even needed?), before that? But then you have to move them up to senior training to be able to mentor in groups. How does that affect training when they're not with the U18 coaches?

And when they're 18 supposedly they benefit most from playing matches but if they're not ready for my team and I send them on loan I can no longer train them or mentor them as I would like... Should they first be mentored for a year and sent on loan later?  Any guru can explain a proven strategy? Thanks!

3 minutes ago, RogerC said:

I'm not sure if it's the right thing to ask here but I cannot seem to find the answer elsewhere. What is the optimum way to develop a youngster? Up until they're 18 they should be in the U18s? At what age should they be mentored (if its even needed?), before that? But then you have to move them up to senior training to be able to mentor in groups. How does that affect training when they're not with the U18 coaches?

And when they're 18 supposedly they benefit most from playing matches but if they're not ready for my team and I send them on loan I can no longer train them or mentor them as I would like... Should they first be mentored for a year and sent on loan later?  Any guru can explain a proven strategy? Thanks!

Well, in general training the key until around 18 and matches at the players level is key from 18 and up. Do note, at the players level. So sending Championship talent to the Vanarama will not help as much as sending to the Championship.

And yes, it's a trade-off for lesser control over the training, and some players will benefit more from playing youth football than a year at the wrong team.

There is no one clear cut strategy, at least not for me. I've had great talents that I gave too much play time to early and they stagnated from it, and the same for players who got too little.

Now, this thread is a bit special since we ONLY focus on youngsters and not buying anyone. So more often I find I have to play youngsters too soon, but it seems to work out well enough mostly. So I pretty much only loan out players I know 100% won't get any matches for me, and is good enough to actually have some cameos. So I don't loan out too many players, unless they are nagging about game time and I don't think they are good enough, but even then I might just sell them, because I don't want any whiners on my team! :D

24 minutes ago, Sn00gle said:

Garbarnia Kraków - Profil klubu | Transfermarkt
Garbarnia Kraków - Intake 2023/24
I wish for something more from it. I hope this GK will develop as hell.

image.png.0d93e83a2f3438de0a9baf3dff89f2ea.png

image.thumb.png.8522da2d91323f7d61eff4636f7cb2e0.png

image.png.b05044290b59642c75bd08d288a49076.png

image.png.828c3c142bca4a52dc405ce8aad557e1.png

image.png.0e3b3ba46cc4ff087b8c071a4039903f.png

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.29f401f9e037bf04ec7c2eaf189b96b3.png

Why does FM think its funny to make our best youth intake players unambitious?

8 minutes ago, JAwtunes said:

Why does FM think its funny to make our best youth intake players unambitious?

Idk I mean my facilities are poor anyway and my staff are basicly balanced personalities so I guess its just random.

Had such a solid start with Bitonto - knocked out at 3rd round of cup qualification by Serie A Cagliari (admirable 0-2 loss) having beaten a Serie B side along the way and have 7 points from opening 3 games after a last minute Sirri (CB) tap following some fortunate free-kick bounce found him unmarked far post against Monopoli (predicted to finish 7th). Also beaten Ternarna who sit top 6. Riccardo Lattanzio has 4 in 3... early doors I know but signs are good. 

All a bit surprising considering i don’t think I’ve played more than 8 mins with the same tactic in place :lol: Honestly, I’m changing game to game, making tweaks here and there, constantly reacting in game to the point where we end up with something never before used as our tactic. My players must feel dizzy by end of a game trying to understand it all, is madness. 

Anyone else do this or are you for the most part settled? 

8 minutes ago, tremor said:

@darren1983 can we use Uruguay for this challenge?

they have promotion/relegation from an unplayable amateur league to a 2 tier professional league system

That should be fine. As long as you take over a newly promoted team to the lowest playable tier after holidaying a season.

Phew just spent 3 hours watching tutorials and learning about general training, discovering that assistant manager sets it up badly and it has big influence :D hopefully the newly gained knowledge will help me over time

1 hour ago, tremor said:

@darren1983 can we use Uruguay for this challenge?

they have promotion/relegation from an unplayable amateur league to a 2 tier professional league system

Yeah this really:

56 minutes ago, XaW said:

That should be fine. As long as you take over a newly promoted team to the lowest playable tier after holidaying a season.

16 minutes ago, Tush said:

Phew just spent 3 hours watching tutorials and learning about general training, discovering that assistant manager sets it up badly and it has big influence :D hopefully the newly gained knowledge will help me over time

Would you mind sharing those tutorials?

io7YRbf.png

Teie IF Season 2024 review

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

We keep getting more solid, even if we finished lower than last season. So a 4th place this time around, but only a point off what we had last season, and only 4 points off the top. Additionally, we are becoming more consistent, I feel. No longer the horrible losses to the poor teams that randomly happened last season. When we lose now, we lose to teams that are actually better than us, or at least play better on the day. We do need some midfielders soon though, as the ones that are playing are really not that good. I also hope for better personalities to come around, but I guess I'm hoping for unicorns down here.

In Norgesmesterskapet we beat Ready before losing to top tier side Egersund in the 2nd round.

Youth players of note:

OqzpWFz.png

Took over as our main goal scorer this season and had a very good outing. Even with 3 finishing he bags in a lot of goals.

RpXSYFw.png

He wasn't a striker before the season, but I made him one due to a lack of finishing and he did quite well. Are not comfortable playing up top, so I hope he can continue to improve next season.

Da4Bns4.png

IJsselmeervogels - Wikipedia

Start | S1 (2024/2025) | S2 (2025/2026) | S3 (2025/2026) S4 (2026/2027) 

De Rooien's season started badly in October, eventually sinking to the foot of the table, but they were able haul themselves clear to cement their place in the division. On the last matchday. Again.

Stats:

Position: 19th (Keuken Kampioen Divisie)

Cup: Knocked out in 1st round by Vitesse

Player of the year: Arthur Zijm (6.85 average rating)

Topscorer: Joey Lieshout (19 goals)

Most assists: Philippe van Arnhem (5 assists)

Other links:

Transfers

Squad

League table

Youth intake

Edited by Sokker14

Our best season in Belem! And..we finally had a great end of season run? And we're getting Champion's League football next season???

2130228983_MatthewHundemann_EndofSeasonReview-24.thumb.png.d0c591126e3541bf4c5a7086be87987f.png

We're losing Sessegnon at the end of this season, and we lost Cardoso in the January transfer window with a bid from China that our board accepted and wouldn't back down from :( While Cardoso wasn't haven't a great season, he was our best midfielder attribute-wise by far..but, we finished 4th without him so maybe we'll be fine. Not sure why Jean-Paul doesn't have a rating, must be a bug, but he has been solid like always in goal.

411462526_MatthewHundemann_EndofSeasonReview-26.thumb.png.bd5fd5d16cf63a30696addd7c78ae6bb.png

Intake Preview

2003127499_MatthewHundemann_Inbox-52.thumb.png.fbb97a1a8da6e74aef0ce2b201f6281d.png

The Intake

1297503818_ClubedeFutebolOsBelenenses_YouthCandidates-15.thumb.png.d96df8287a99af32b563b8c17beaf7ef.png

Sami is the first player we've had that is explicitly from an affiliate (Tours). I have signed all the players from all of my youth intakes, but this is the first time where I think the 2 stars and lower will have 0% chance of making it--occasionally, in the past, they have surprised me and ended up being capable backups.

Well, let's see how we do with this newfangled Champions League thing next season! I still think we are weak at defense BUT, I do have options there who are all around the same level...

1 hour ago, v1n1akabozo said:

Would you mind sharing those tutorials?

I've watched this video: 

And some of his follow-up videos on the topic where he went into greater detail and changed some things, for example he set up his training to focus more on attacking one month, and defending the next month with last week in each month focusing more on goalkeeping :D interesting stuff really, the biggest thing for me probably is the match preparation training before the actual match and some team cohesion trainings which seem to have a big impact on performance

Also apparently sometimes assistant manager schedules physical training on times when you need rest the most, like between packed matches :D Now I will be able to control condition way better