The FM21 Youth Academy Challenge

6 hours ago, DrPoods said:

Right.

I’m going to give this a try in Italy.

Want a nice coastal town if possible.

Holidaying now.

Despite being a coastal town and often an available team, Taranto ain’t half a shoddy run down place... Went there once when holidaying with the wife (weren’t married at this point) and Jesus Christ felt like we had gone to a run down ghetto in the far reaches of the world.

Team has potential though with good youth and training facilities etc.

Just an awful part of the world! 

I was happy when I saw Bitonto become available in a reload - but the board insist on signing under 23 players so imagine that will cause issues later down the line.

Anyone have experience with board expectations such as that one and how likely it’s going to affect the job at hand?

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vikeologist's  2031/32 Folkestone Season Report 

See the source image

A stressful end to the regular season. We were great for a while early on in the season, then we were terrible, and then near the end we were pretty good again.

2 years ago, when we reached the playoffs for the first and so far only time, we had a crisis with 4 matches remaining when our top class goalie picked up a long term injury.

With 2 matches to go this season I had to accept the truth that now 34 year old goalie Harry Newcombe is no longer top notch, and I made the switch to his backup.

Once again, Jack Solly 1e will be between the sticks.

Anyway, with 1 match to go we were in a playoff spot, bit our final match was against the team 1 point and 1 place below us. A win or draw, we’re in. A defeat, and we’d be eliminated at the last gasp.

Despite some frighteningly sloppy play, we won 4-1, and we’re in the playoffs for the second time in this save.

From now on it’s a live update as I play so you can experience the hope and despair untainted by what actually transpired.

Playoff First Round

Spoiler

Maidenhead         2-3aet         Folkestone

For nearly all the match we were outclassed. 2-0 down with 20 minutes to go I brough on a striker for a central defender in an all or nothing attempt to score. We scored 2 goals in 2 minutes shortly afterwards.

On to extra time, where not much happened except for our winning goal.

With only 4 days rest before the semi-final, I’ll be surprised if any of my players have recovered.

Dulwich Hamlet finished 2nd, missing out on promotion by 1 goal difference. It would be a tough match even if my team were as rested as their opponents.

Playoff Semi-final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Dulwich Hamlet             4-1    Folkestone

We scored first but Dulwich were miles better than us.

In some ways a promising season, but the reality is that we have big problems in defence, including in goal.

20210108095425_1.thumb.jpg.fe93278784c67f77051e94fbefca94d7.jpg

Season	Division		Position	Notes							MVP										
21/22	VNL South		18th		Steered clear of relegaton thanks to good start.	Callum Davies
22/23	VNL South		16th		Only 2 places better, but a lot more points.		Henry Newcombe
23/24	VNL South		18th		Big step backwards in points.				David Smith
24/25	VNL South		15th		Consistently mediocre.					David Smith
25/26	VNL South		14th		Just outside playoffs for most of the season.		David Smith
26/27	VNL South		16th		Otherwise known as the year 1AD (After Discipline)	Ellis Andrews 2c
27/28	VNL South		19th		Narrowly avoided relegation places all season		David Smith
28/29	VNL South		15th		Tried different tactics. Didn't find a magic bean.	David Smith
29/30	VNL South		7th		Lost playoff semifinal, but a great improvement.	Ellis Andrews 2c
30/31	VNL South		12th		Second half slump into mid-table disappointment		David Smith
31/32	VNL South		7th		Lost in S/F of playoff					Ellis Andrews 2c

Playoff Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

20210108091932_1.thumb.jpg.761b80ccc095d40fc90fde7f1e77291e.jpg20210108095257_1.thumb.jpg.1f3faec53ec443420c8228321d487814.jpg

Top Goalscorer – Ellis Andrews 2c – 44

Maybe you were expecting it to be my child superstar, Ellis Drake, who did score a respectable 35.

Andrews didn’t even start the year as a starter. Max Bodkin is supposed to be better, but Andrews soon reclaimed his first team spot.

According to my coaches he’s actually my 5th best striker, but he gets the job done, and Bodkin doesn’t.

Incidentally, David Smith who won this award every season but one up to now didn’t have a single minute of first team action this year. He’s retiring this summer at the age of only 32. Sad to see him go, but he’s going downhill fast now. His main attribute was his speed, and without that…

Highest Average Rating (minimum 10 matches played) – Ellis Andrews 2c  = 7.34

Man of The Match – Ellis Andrews 2c – 13

Most Valuable Player– Ellis Andrews 2c

Elis Drake is obviously my best player. When I watch matches it’s obvious that he’s the best player on the pitch, but it was a really good season for his namesake. I’m tempted to use Drake as a false nine, and just let Andrews bang in most of the goals. Drake is quite short, so I would be surprised if he scores many headers. I’ve looked at the stats for the last 2 matches and his headers won total is 0 out of 10.

Most Appearances (Regens) – Jason Ramsay 1a – 500

My nephew hits the half k after 10 years. As I’ve said before he’s not that great, but should keep his place even though I’m planning on starting my 11a alongside him from next season. I really can’t see Jason staying in the first team for the next 10 seasons a bit and getting to the thousand though.

Most Goals (Regens) – Ellis Andrews 2c  - 186

26 minutes ago, Pelz said:

Despite being a coastal town and often an available team, Taranto ain’t half a shoddy run down place... Went there once when holidaying with the wife (weren’t married at this point) and Jesus Christ felt like we had gone to a run down ghetto in the far reaches of the world.

I was happy when I saw Bitonto become available in a reload - but the board insist on signing under 23 players so imagine that will cause issues later down the line.

Anyone have experience with board expectations such as that one and how likely it’s going to affect the job at hand?

I think It only count transfer players not from intake. Anyway after good season they changing mind in most of times.

57 minutes ago, Pelz said:

In my experience this will not affect your job. If your results are bad, not fullfilling the board expectations when it comes to signing might be the last drop that gets you sacked, but good results is way more important. 

I have maximum board confidence with Rimini now, yet they are still extremely dissapointed that I haven't signed U23 players. 

11 minutes ago, thomas_e said:

In my experience this will not affect your job. If your results are bad, not fullfilling the board expectations when it comes to signing might be the last drop that gets you sacked, but good results is way more important. 

I have maximum board confidence with Rimini now, yet they are still extremely dissapointed that I haven't signed U23 players. 

Bitonto it is then - tiny stadium, never been above Serie C in their history, pretty part of the world... finally after two evenings of deliberation I have my club! 

1 minute ago, Pelz said:

Bitonto it is then - tiny stadium, never been above Serie C in their history, pretty part of the world... finally after two evenings of deliberation I have my club! 

Yes and I googled Taranto just now... I agree, no reason to move there, not even on FM! 

7 minutes ago, thomas_e said:

Yes and I googled Taranto just now... I agree, no reason to move there, not even on FM! 

The google reviews are pretty spot on tbh - most of them, and a very damming article about the pollution etc, came well after we had visited - just fancied a look at all the potential Greek history, museum etc before mooching to Venice. Ahh those were the days, lucky to get to a trip to Tesco Express let alone Venice at the moment!

It really was a drab and dreary affair - extremely disappointed and genuinely felt unsafe for large parts; and I’m a 6ft3 bald bloke with a Vikingesque beard!!! 

Edited by Pelz

13 minutes ago, Pelz said:

The google reviews are pretty spot on tbh - most of them, and a very damming article about the pollution etc, came well after we had visited - just fancied a look at all the potential Greek history, museum etc before mooching to Venice. Ahh those were the days, lucky to get to a trip to Tesco Express let alone Venice at the moment!

It really was a drab and dreary affair - extremely disappointed and genuinely felt unsafe for large parts; and I’m a 6ft3 bald bloke with a Vikingesque beard!!! 

:lol:

Tesco is the new Pantheon these days!

All the travelling i'm doing is on FM :(

1 hour ago, Pelz said:

These reviews of taranto are exactly why I picked them! 

What better than to make a poor city with a pollutant steel factory nearby a powerhouse of Italian football! 

That and I watched the Maradona documentary the day before picking them which had alot of symmetry as Naples was considered an awfully poor place, full of disease and ran by the mafia.

18 minutes ago, Steveh171 said:

These reviews of taranto are exactly why I picked them! 

What better than to make a poor city with a pollutant steel factory nearby a powerhouse of Italian football! 

That and I watched the Maradona documentary the day before picking them which had alot of symmetry as Naples was considered an awfully poor place, full of disease and ran by the mafia.

Haha, I commend your efforts and totally understand the reasoning - bring Taranto back to its historical glory via the means of football! 

Only in FM are such things possible!

Don’t know anything about the football club but assuming the location and it almost a right of passage for Italian clubs to dissolve and start again assuming this has also happened to Taranto? 

Cavese tempted me for a while for that reason alone... They’ve got more lives than most cats that club!

2 hours ago, thomas_e said:

@vikeologist, screenshot of Ellis Drake? Seems like a huge talent! 

We're still in the bottom division, so it's not like he's the new Messi or anything. But compared to the rest of my squad!

I worry that people will think I reloaded until somebody with his ability came up, but at this point I've had about 165 regens, and at least 160 of them are absolute rubbish.

I still have a month to wait until he is 17 and signs his first contract before I can offer him a new one.

20210108125512_1.thumb.jpg.9507e1ff1dfb5caa03d4653aec1b8705.jpg

4 hours ago, Pelz said:

Not quite a town but I had the two Messina clubs come up. That could be a return to glory moment.

1 hour ago, vikeologist said:

We're still in the bottom division, so it's not like he's the new Messi or anything. But compared to the rest of my squad!

I worry that people will think I reloaded until somebody with his ability came up, but at this point I've had about 165 regens, and at least 160 of them are absolute rubbish.

I still have a month to wait until he is 17 and signs his first contract before I can offer him a new one.

Wow, that is a talent indeed! 

Why would anyone think you reloaded? No one thinks that. With so many intakes being done on this challenge per week there will always be freak talents. I still remember my jaw dropping moment when I got Ryan Hughes at my South Shields save on the FM20 youth challenge. We were in the Championship and top of the table, but he was, on intake day at 16 years old, my best player by a wide margin. 

Best paid player in the world 4 or 5 years later (but still at South Shields ;) ) 

La Massana - TheSportsDB.com

FS Massana - Youth intake 2032

Not a thrilling intake based on, but still "excellent", so we'll see what we get.

vWYZRxH.png

Not bad, not bad at all. Finally some non-horrible personalities and some talent combined. I like it!

6ntIRAg.png

2lIN522.png

Pretty well balanced for a midfielder, with few horrible attribute levels (concentration aside).

URQuOB3.png

A very nice winger, indeed. Pace, dribbling, loads of flair. A bit low crossing, but I can work with this.

Statistics:

Spoiler

We got in a few more African countries, and also a fun little bit in Melilla, a Spanish exclave located on the coast of Africa surrounded by Morocco. Still nothing outside Europe or Africa (French Guiana aside). Would love to see some American or Asian newgens!

Fa5652Q.png

pe8YQzR.png

T4JUNIT.png

I am gutted.  You remember that top prospect I sold for peanuts in the hope he would sell on and I would benefit from the sell on clause?  Well, as I showed earlier, he moved clubs for free.  However, he has just been sold for £2.4m, so we miss out on £1.2m.  :mad::mad::mad:

rNB230N.png

lyEYTNQ.png

Edited by DazRTaylor

It is the end of an era.  I have released two stalwarts of the club on free transfers.  Kyren Arends YP24I41 is the club record goalscorer by some distance but he just doesn't cut it anymore.  As expected, Ervin Sanches YP24E36 was never the same player after damaging his cruciate ligaments and he was just not good enough these days. Between them, they played 418 games and scored 224 goals.

bOQQJwF.png

SF8SbV2.png

GSiY0ju.png

Y4Q7o9a.png

Edited by DazRTaylor

End of Season Review

Season 2034/35

SV Babberich

SV Babberich - Wikipedia

League Table - Although we finished lower than last season, we were in the top six and were quite a bit ahead of seventh.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - On the whole, we were very consistent.  We just need to stop dropping silly points in the games we should be winning.  That said, we finished the season very poorly.

TOTO KNVB Beker - A tough draw saw the club eliminated at the first time of asking, at the second preliminary round stage, as we lost away to Westlandia, after extra time.  They play in the division above us.

Pre Season Friendlies - A great pre season, with just two defeats, both against second tier outfits.  We won the rest.

Mid Season Friendlies - Three games, two wins a a home defeat to second tier Noordwijk.

Squad - The players continue to develop and I feel they are now good enough to mount a promotion challenge.

Squad Dynamics - As usual, this is pretty good.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out - Just the one departure and unfortunately it was a top prospect.  Sven Huisman YP32A161 declined a new deal with us and signed for second tier side Cambuur.

Youth Candidates - Another terrific intake with Mauro Jansen YP35B210 looking like the find of the group.

Finances - We lost quite a lot of money this season and we are heavily in the red.

Key Players

Olivier van Brakel YP23B18 - Another fine season from the goalkeeper.

Angelo Richard YP27C83 - The central defender continues to get better.

Jeroen Seedorf YP28D100 - Playing on the right wing, he is a key player for us.

Tjeu Voight YP31C147 - A season full of goals once again from the striker.

Onur Evren YP34I201 - In his first season in the fist team, the Turkish left winger was exceptional.

Next Season

I feel we are ready to mount a promotion challenge.

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications    Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2021/22    Minimal = (0.25*) =   None =              4 ↑   4 ↑   1 =   2 ↑   1 =   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   4 ↑   4 =   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   5 ↑   1 =   4 ↑   5 ↑
2022/23    Minimal = (0.25*) =   None =              5 ↑   5 ↑   3 ↑   2 =   1 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑   4 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   5 =   1 =   5 ↑   6 ↑
2023/24    Minimal = (0.75*) ↑   National B ↑↑       8 ↑   8 ↑   5 ↑   2 =   1 =   3 ↑   8 ↑   8 ↑   7 ↑   4 =   1 =   7 ↑   8 ↑   7 ↑   7 ↑   8 ↑   9 ↑
2024/25    Minimal = (0.50*) ↓   National B =        8 =   8 =   5 =   2 =   1 =   3 =   8 =   8 =   7 =   4 =   1 =   7 =   8 =   7 =  10 ↑  10 ↑   9 =
2025/26    Minimal = (0.50*) =   National B =        8 =   8 =   5 =   2 =   1 =   4 ↑   8 =   8 =   7 =   4 =   1 =   7 =   8 =   7 =  10 =  11 ↑  10 ↑
2026/27    Minimal = (0.50*) =   National A ↑        8 =   8 =   5 =   2 =   1 =   4 =   9 ↑   8 =   8 ↑   4 =   1 =   7 =   8 =   7 =  11 ↑  13 ↑  11 ↑
2027/28    Minimal = (0.50*) =   National A =        9 ↑   8 =   5 =   2 =   1 =   4 =   9 =   8 =   8 =   4 =   1 =   7 =   8 =   7 =  11 =  14 ↑  11 =
2028/29    Minimal = (0.50*) =   National A =        9 =   8 =   5 =   2 =   2 ↑   5 ↑   9 =   8 =   8 =   4 =   1 =   7 =   8 =   7 =  11 =  15 ↑  12 ↑
2029/30    Minimal = (0.75*) ↑   Continental C ↑    10 ↑   9 ↑   6 ↑   2 =   2 =   5 =  10 ↑  10 ↑  10 ↑   4 =   1 =   7 =   8 =   8 =  12 ↑  15 =  13 ↑
2030/31    Minimal = (1.00*) ↑   Continental B ↑    10 =  10 ↑   6 =   2 =   2 =   5 =  10 =  10 =  11 ↑   4 =   1 =   8 ↑   9 ↑   8 =  14 ↑  15 =  14 ↑
2031/32    Minimal = (1.25*) ↑   Continental A ↑    12 ↑  11 ↑   6 =   2 =   2 =   5 =  11 ↑  11 ↑  12 ↑   4 =   1 =   8 =   9 =   9 =  17 ↑  16 ↑  17 ↑
2032/33    Minimal = (1.00*) ↓   Continental A =    12 =  11 =   6 =   2 =   2 =   5 =  11 =  11 =  12 =   4 =   1 =   8 =   9 =   9 =  17 =  16 =  19 ↑
2033/34    Minimal = (1.00*) =   Continental A =    12 =  11 =   6 =   2 =   2 =   5 =  12 ↑  11 =  12 =   4 =   1 =   8 =   9 =   9 =  17 =  17 ↑  20 ↑
2034/35    Minimal = (1.00*) =   Continental A =    12 =  11 =   6 =   2 =   2 =   5 =  12 =  11 =  12 =   4 =   1 =   8 =   9 =   9 =  17 =  17 =  18 ↓

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Poor                 Poor              Fairly basic          Basic            Limited            Local   (0.50*)
2021/22    Poor =               Poor =            Fairly basic =        Average ↑↑       Basic ↑            Local = (0.50*) =
2022/23    Poor =               Poor =            Fairly basic =        Average =        Fairly basic ↑     Local = (0.50*) =
2023/24    Poor =               Poor =            Fairly basic =        Average =        Fairly basic =     Local = (0.50*) =
2024/25    Poor =               Poor =            Fairly basic =        Average =        Fairly basic =     Local = (0.50*) =
2025/26    Poor =               Poor =            Fairly basic =        Average =        Fairly basic =     Local = (0.50*) =
2026/27    Poor =               Poor =            Fairly basic =        Average =        Fairly basic =     Local = (0.50*) =
2027/28    Poor =               Poor =            Fairly basic =        Average =        Fairly basic =     Local = (0.50*) =
2028/29    Poor =               Poor =            Fairly basic =        Average =        Fairly basic =     Local = (0.50*) =
2029/30    Poor =               Poor =            Fairly basic =        Adequate ↑       Adequate ↑         Local = (0.50*) =
2030/31    Poor =               Poor =            Fairly basic =        Adequate =       Adequate =         Local = (0.50*) =
2031/32    Poor =               Poor =            Fairly basic =        Adequate =       Adequate =         Local = (0.50*) =
2032/33    Poor =               Poor =            Fairly basic =        Adequate =       Adequate =         Local = (0.50*) =
2033/34    Poor =               Poor =            Fairly basic =        Good ↑           Average ↑          Local = (0.50*) =
2034/35    Poor =               Poor =            Fairly basic =        Good =           Average =          Local = (0.50*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22      26        15        3        8          43              25                 +18
2022/23      26        18        5        3          76              36                 +40
2023/24      26        11        5       10          35              36                  -1
2024/25      26        12        8        6          55              38                 +17
2025/26      26        13        8        5          54              24                 +30
2026/27      26        14        1       11          56              46                 +10
2027/28      26        13        3       10          50              36                 +14
2028/29      26        16        7        3          62              33                 +29
2029/30      26        18        7        1          71              28                 +43
2030/31      28        15        7        6          51              35                 +16
2031/32      36        14       11       11          65              61                  +4
2032/33      35        12        8       16          54              54                   0
2033/34      36        18        8       10          67              45                 +22
2034/35      35        17        7       11          63              45                 +18

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Time At Club
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22          26        15        3        8          43              25                 +18              327 days
2022/23          52        33        8       11         119              61                 +58              693 days
2023/24          78        44       13       21         154              97                 +57            1,061 days
2024/25         104        56       21       27         209             135                 +74            1,426 days
2025/26         130        69       29       32         263             159                +104            1,789 days
2026/27         156        83       30       43         319             205                +114            2,153 days
2027/28         182        96       33       53         369             241                +128            2,517 days
2028/29         208       112       40       56         431             274                +157            2,881 days
2029/30         234       130       47       57         502             302                +200            3,252 days
2030/31         262       145       54       63         553             337                +216            3,581 days
2031/32         298       159       65       74         618             398                +220            3,981 days
2032/33         333       171       72       90         672             452                +220            4,345 days
2033/34         369       189       80      100         739             497                +242            4,708 days
2034/35         404       206       87      111         802             542                +260            5,079 days

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------
2021/22    Derde Klasse Zondag C West 2
2022/23    Tweede Klasse Zondag I
2029/30    Eerste Klasse Zondag E
2030/31    Hoofdklasse Zondag B

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Hoofdklasse Zondag B (2030/31)
1 x Eerste Klasse Zondag E (2029/30)
1 x Tweede Klasse Zondag I (2022/23)
1 x Derde Klasse Zondag C West 2 (2021/22)

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     TOTO KNVB Beker                    Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Derde Klasse Zondag C West 2          1st             N/a                          Promoted as champions.
2022/23           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Tweede Klasse Zondag I                1st ↑           N/a =                        Promoted as champions.
2023/24           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Eerste Klasse Zondag E                8th ↑           N/a =                        Mid table mediocrity.
2024/25           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Eerste Klasse Zondag E                6th ↑           N/a =                        Comfortable top half finish.
2025/26           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Eerste Klasse Zondag E                2nd ↑           N/a =                        Runners up.
2026/27           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Eerste Klasse Zondag E                5th ↓           N/a =                        Mid table mediocrity.
2027/28           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Eerste Klasse Zondag E                6th ↓           N/a =                        Mid table mediocrity.
2028/29           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Eerste Klasse Zondag E                2nd ↑           N/a =                        Missed out on promotion by one point.
2029/30           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Eerste Klasse Zondag E                1st ↑           N/a =                        Promoted as champions.
2030/31           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Hoofdklasse Zondag B                  1st ↑           N/a =                        Promoted as champions.
2031/32           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Derde Divisie Zondag                  9th ↑     First round ↑                      Mid table safety.
2032/33           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Derde Divisie Zondag                 11th ↓     Second preliminary round ↓         Mid table safety.
2033/34           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Derde Divisie Zondag                  4th ↑     First round ↑                      Top four finish.
2034/35           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Derde Divisie Zondag                  6th ↓     Second preliminary round ↓         Top six finish.

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    Arno ter Haar YP22B2                      4
2022/23    Tim de Jong YP22E5                       29
2023/24    Arno ter Haar YP22B2                     53
2024/25    Arno ter Haar YP22B2                     78
2025/26    Arno ter Haar YP22B2                     95
2026/27    Olivier van Brakel YP23B18              109
2027/28    Olivier van Brakel YP23B18              135
2028/29    Olivier van Brakel YP23B18              161
2029/30    Olivier van Brakel YP23B18              187
2030/31    Olivier van Brakel YP23B18              215
2031/32    Olivier van Brakel YP23B18              248
2032/33    Olivier van Brakel YP23B18              283
2033/34    Olivier van Brakel YP23B18              319
2034/35    Olivier van Brakel YP23B18              354

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Goals
2021/22    Jean Bosco Nzeyimana YP22H8                  1
2022/23    Tim de Jong YP22E5                          32
2023/24    Tim de Jong YP22E5                          32
2024/25    Tim de Jong YP22E5                          32
2025/26    Kyren Arends YP24I41                        55
2026/27    Kyren Arends YP24I41                        81
2027/28    Kyren Arends YP24I41                       100
2028/29    Kyren Arends YP24I41                       115
2029/30    Kyren Arends YP24I41                       129
2030/31    Kyren Arends YP24I41                       143
2031/32    Kyren Arends YP24I41                       163
2032/33    Kyren Arends YP24I41                       168
2033/34    Kyren Arends YP24I41                       168
2034/35    Kyren Arends YP24I41                       169

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                        Cumulative Number of Assists
2021/22    Mazen Al-Khatib YP22N14                     1
           Koen Wolters YP22K11                        1
           Tim de Jong YP22E5                          1
           Jean Bosco Nzeyimana YP22H8                 1
2022/23    Koen Wolters YP22K11                       10
2023/24    Koen Wolters YP22K11                       11
2024/25    Mitchell Boeve YP23L28                     13
2025/26    Song Chang-Oh YP23J26                      20
2026/27    Song Chang-Oh YP23J26                      30
2027/28    Song Chang-Oh YP23J26                      31
2028/29    Ervin Sanches YP24D36                      33
2029/30    Ervin Sanches YP24D36                      43
2030/31    Ervin Sanches YP24D36                      58
2031/32    Ervin Sanches YP24D36                      70
2032/33    Ervin Sanches YP24D36                      72
2033/34    Ervin Sanches YP24D36                      74
2034/35    Ervin Sanches YP24D36                      77

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    No one                                     0
2022/23    Olivier van Brakel YP23B18                 1
2023/24    Olivier van Brakel YP23B18                 6
2024/25    Olivier van Brakel YP23B18                15
2025/26    Olivier van Brakel YP23B18                25
2026/27    Olivier van Brakel YP23B18                30
2027/28    Olivier van Brakel YP23B18                35
2028/29    Olivier van Brakel YP23B18                42
2029/30    Olivier van Brakel YP23B18                50
2030/31    Olivier van Brakel YP23B18                58
2031/32    Olivier van Brakel YP23B18                63
2032/33    Olivier van Brakel YP23B18                70
2033/34    Olivier van Brakel YP23B18                84
2034/35    Olivier van Brakel YP23B18                96

Edited by DazRTaylor

South Shields 2033 Youth Intake

1911634604_2033YouthIntake.thumb.png.d0f1845d911988e859c7dc8c66d66c79.png

On the face, it doesn't look like the "golden generation" that was promised to me back in December.  But let's take a look under the hood and see what's behind the star ratings.

144748558_2033YouthIntakeDNA.thumb.png.976977e4dec1f049d8377621ea67dfd5.png

It's a class full of good personalities and the club DNA average rating is the highest that has been brought into the club.  Lots of green (11-15) and blue (16-19) in the determination category.  The technical ability and physical attributes are an improvement over last year but we took another step back mentally.  The positional DNA is very strong led by Magnus Hellum 33A almost scoring 60 in the forward position.  I'm encouraged by this class even though the star ratings don't show how strong they truly are.

1618418956_2033YouthIntakeNationalities.thumb.png.94942bdedee0350c6d7e5272bdbefc8e.png

We picked up some new countries in our intakes: Norway, Portugal and the island of Antigua AND Barbuda.  Quinton Muhammad will likely make the national team in a season or two.

1278053344_MarcusHellum33A.thumb.png.678e9668552db9b66ac0b5a8e104cb25.png

Marcus Hellum 33A is slow even though he's small (5 foot 6 inches).  However, he makes up for that lack of speed by being very smart.  He makes good decisions on the ball.  He's composed on the ball and knows where to be on the field and when to be there.  He's a good passer which fits into our progression into a more possession-based side.  I like what I see from Hellum and he will definitely fit into the club.

1181803010_ColinWinskill33B.thumb.png.17c743c62aec3dcf2adaf45688f79f8a.png

Colin Winskill 33B is another attack-minded midfielder but isn't a strong enough finisher to train as a center forward.  He fits better to train as a central midfielder given his passing and work rate.  Needs to spend some time with the U18s learning to see the whole field and make better decisions on the ball.  Another slowish player but a player that I can work with and train up into a senior side player.

1578340664_DavidBell33C.thumb.png.62addd3393f7ccf36869d78c718e18d7.png

David Bell 33C is a tackling machine along the back line.  This is a need for us.  Our defenders are great at slide tackling the ball and doing one of two things: 1) tripping the player resulting in a penalty or 2) creating a through ball to on rushing opposition attacker setting up an easy goal.  The only worrying trait is his '1' vision rating.  Does he play with a blindfold on?  On the flip side, his passing rating '8' makes him one of our better passers in the center back position.

1204265532_ChristosEleftheriou33D.thumb.png.53e40ed7a6bad2f9f59fad46e3c9347e.png

Christos Eleftheriou 33D is another central attacking option (keep in mind, this class was projected to be chock full of fullbacks).  A smart player, like Hellum, but a faster player than Hellum.  He's a purer finisher than Hellum.  A weaker passer though.  This could be a glimpse in going back to a two-forward formation in the forward to get Helllum and Eleftheriou on the field at the same time.  The other option is to train Hellum as an attacking midfielder since he's too slow to train has a winger.

1785532013_MatthewPerry33E.thumb.png.ef5a3e525454804d0b2d227f94bde7e3.png

Matthew Perry 33E is a true right-sided winger who can also play on the left.  A player will some pace and a player who can track back and mark a fullback if needed.  We've got some good options on the right side so he could see some time training as a left winger with the U18s.  A definite long-term project.

Second season after getting promoted from Second to First Division :D Our current rented stadium had 600 capacity :D We rented another one for upcoming season at least with 2000 capacity

spacer.png

Edited by Tush

5 minutes ago, Tush said:

@vikeologist how did you get the link to your u18 squad to the left bar? Did you have it there automatically or is it possible to somehow link it there?

1 minute ago, DazRTaylor said:

It is there if you are in control of your under 18’s.

Or if you take control of either individual or team training for them.

Tempted to start in Iceland or Faroer myself again with the youth only challenge.. played two seasons with Aalst and i'm in the highest divion after two back to back promotions but the season takes me once again.. too long.. i should opt for instant resulting a lot or i'm not getting enough speed and youth intakes in my game :( reading all your great fast stories isn't helping :) 

11 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

So I failed again in Iceland and my Hamar save is over.  Babberich in The Netherlands is still going strong though I like a second save at the same time. So I will try once more in Germany tomorrow.

Why did u fail/stop in Iceland ? i didn't like the long holiday period and the fact they couldn't play friendlies against other teams outside Iceland (this will change if u are one of the best teams from Iceland off course).

5bceeb65990b93aac3817877b259cd19.png

Number 2 in the Ligue 2 denied any points! The referee wanted to keep on playing until Toulouse came back, luckily he thought it was time to go home after almost 100 minutes.

Very welcome victory, this way we keep some distance from the relegation fight (10 points ahead after 26 games). Strong performance from half our back up team, because the list of absent players (including 6 starting players) was ridicoulous:

Spoiler

53c4a1c9b8fd7fe4fd15f729b1707073.png

:D :D 

19 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Why did u fail/stop in Iceland ? i didn't like the long holiday period and the fact they couldn't play friendlies against other teams outside Iceland (this will change if u are one of the best teams from Iceland off course).

Cos the board didn’t want me. :D  I was 1-91 to win our division aether and placed side was 200-1.  Don’t win the division.  Or get promoted.

@darren1983 good luck . i have a question for u (or @XaW) . if i choose the Malta database ( from Facebook Malta FM fans) with 5 division.

three from Malta, two from Gozo (gfa). Can i play with a promoted team after a year holiday in the third tier of Malta ? not sure if they have promoted teams from a unplayable 4th tier.

If not , can i pick the lowest team from the third tier after on year holiday ?

5 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

Anything less than 10 points and you should resign out of shame imo :D 

Haha! I hope to score a goal or two! :D Perhaps against Marseille if we are lucky!

Just now, OlivierL said:

@darren1983 good luck . i have a question for u (or @XaW) . if i choose the Malta database ( from Facebook Malta FM fans) with 5 division.

three from Malta, two from Gozo (gfa). Can i play with a promoted team after a year holiday in the third tier of Malta ? not sure if they have promoted teams from a unplayable 4th tier.

If not , can i pick the lowest team from the third tier after on year holiday ?

As long as there are more than one tier you can holiday for a season and either take over a promoted team, OR if the league does not have relegation, take over the team that finished last. I think that's what we agreed on.

2 minutes ago, XaW said:

As long as there are more than one tier you can holiday for a season and either take over a promoted team, OR if the league does not have relegation, take over the team that finished last. I think that's what we agreed on.

Thanks but i'm also allowed to only choose the first and second tier from the start.. and pick a promoted team from the 3th tier after holiday ? Even if the database allows me to start from a lower tier ?

32 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Thanks but i'm also allowed to only choose the first and second tier from the start.. and pick a promoted team from the 3th tier after holiday ? Even if the database allows me to start from a lower tier ?

Not really thought about that, but the idea of the challenge is to go as low as possible... @darren1983?

2 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

Yeah starting as low as possible, so maybe holiday 2 seasons and then pick a side promoted to 3rd tier?

No teams promoted from an unplayble 4th tier to the third tier in malta (no relegation their) so i have the pick the lowest team af the end of holidayed season 1 in the third tier ?

2 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

No teams promoted from an unplayble 4th tier to the third tier in malta (no relegation their) so i have the pick the lowest team af the end of holidayed season 1 in the third tier ?

In that case yeah do that. 

South Shields 2032-33 Season Review

south_shields_fc_2018_-_.gif?IpTt7uOxpq3

Fixtures 1, 2, 3, 4 - Struggled to the new formation in the beginning of the season, struggled with depth issues in the middle of the season, things started to upswing at the end of the season

Final Table - Our strong finish gave us an overall record of 18-18-10 and goal difference of +1 in a 10th place finish.  Bournemouth and Derby head up in automatic promotion.  Brighton finish 5th and win the playoffs.  Wimbleton, Portsmouth and Barnsley head down.  Newcastle, Nottingham Forest and Ipswich come down from the Premier League.  Swansea, Salford, and Bristol Rovers come up from League One.

FA Cup - An easy win over Dag and Red in the 3rd round and a win over Charlton in the 4th round earned us a trip to Watford in the 5th round where our cup run came to an end.

League Cup - Another one and done effort.

xG General Performance - Still struggle to get shots on goal though it's improving.  Not much improve in the defensive stats. 

xG Actual vs. Expected     xG Attacking Efficiency     xG Defensive Efficiency

Stats 1     Stats 2     

U18 League Results     U23 League Results

Transfers

Youth Intake     Youth Intake DNA     Youth Intake History

Players to Watch: Marcus Hellum 33A     Colin Winskill 33B     David Bell 33C      Christos Eleftherious 33D     Matthew Perry 33E

Moments to Remember      Best XI      Accolades

South Shields Almanac

1209542776_June12033AcademyRecord.png.8cce45115142cfec882b8fd8d4ca07dc.png

1882876455_July12033InternationalApps-Goals.png.49d80a830d07806b8c319d5e6e51e856.png

1833693017_2033SeasonbySeason.thumb.png.d5df7193fac33a3e11e319ee4b835e26.png

Offseason Notes

Blyth Spartans are out as our affiliate club.  Barnet is in.

1418775849_BarnetPartnership.png.77e8c50cdcc9067c6ed78ca157fb7550.png

77856490_BarnetFacilities.png.8805e26d62531f30c5ea8790b79af183.png

Wanted to post what Mike Neiland 23B looks like so you can see what 330 appearances and 190 league goals looks like.

1328230268_MikeNeiland23Brecordholder.png.fb4be96e1d1d72e6c9138d20851c9495.png

1422318150_MikeNeiland23B.thumb.png.3d2ab5f48cb2045b33ab6efa823fcf5f.png

10 hours ago, OlivierL said:

Well in real life there is no promotion to the third division in Malta since there is an amatuer division beneath so not part of the league.

Started my save with Bitonto last night - will do a proper write up next week when I have a bit more time but for now some cliff notes.

Pleasantly surprised with some of the players already in the squad - the star of the show being 25 year old attacking midfielder Leandro Taurino who possess above average pace and passing (for the division) and some all round solid stats - coupled with two all round but unspectacular 32 year old strikers, a whole host of CM’s, three decent CB’s and 2 GK’s (though they aren’t the greatest) the spine of the team is most certainly there.

However, there are issues - fullbacks and wingers are extremely poor and limited in numbers - we have one natural LB, our RB is actually a RM and there’s one lad who’s 19 that can play LM but other than if we were to put Taurino at LW there’s simply no cover there.

To that end I shall be utilising the players available and playing 41212 Diamond Narrow, with 352 as a back up formation. 

Midway through pre-season at the moment having won 2 and drawn 2 - everyone’s contracts have been renewed but that itself has me a little one edge.

Star players such as Taurino, two of my CB’s (Petta and Sirri, who are going to be key to survival) all had agents that insisted on quite nominal release clauses - I managed to negotiate to have these expire at end of 21/22 season and will see if I can renew again mid season without the clause of at all possible - would end up with a combined 345k for the three which quite frankly just isn’t ideal and would leave gaping holes in the side).

Struggled to find an assistant of any worth thus far but bought a couple coaches, 1 scout and physio and have offers in on a couple HOYD members - due to size of club it’s been a struggle finding anyone willing to join. We just aren’t of interest apparently. 

Looking forward to the season ahead - will provide pictures and more depth/context etc as and when I can.

Until then, it’s Cesena in the first round of Italian Cup Qualifying - what better way to start than having my pants pulled down and bottom spanked early doors :)

Edited by Pelz