Jump to content

The FM21 Youth Academy Challenge


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, lovely, I'm staying here in Norway and going to take over Follo again! This time I will do it!

Oh, and @darren1983, I expanded upon my post in the other thread to make it clearer how to make Norway work.

Edited by XaW
Link to post
Share on other sites

Argentina -  24th June

Austria - 14th June

Belarus - 15th January

Belgium - 30th June

Bulgaria - 18th June

Brazil - 2nd January 2022

Croatia - 20th June

Czech Republic - 30th June

Denmark - 30th June

England - 25th June

Finland - 14th December 2020

France  - 20th June

Germany - 20th June

Holland - 7th July

Hungry - 20th June

Iceland - 25th November 

Israel - 20th June

Italy - 30th June

Northern Ireland - 25th June

Norway - 13th January

Poland - 28th June

Portugal - 30th June

Romania - 30th June

Russia - 20th June

Scotland - 25th June

Serbia - 16th June

Slovenia - 1st July

South Africa - 15th July

Spain - 10th July

Sweden - 14th December 2020

Switzerland - 20th June

Turkey - 20th June

Wales – 25th June

This is all the reset dates of the nations in the OP unless covered all in 2021 - Will add this is just league reset dates, noted it was covered some leagues aren't running first year

Edited by _JHTB_
Link to post
Share on other sites

Tomorrow I will get the start dates and crucially, the save dates (the dates when you save to enable different teams).  I will get England, Scotland, Wales, The Netherlands, Germany and Italy done first.  I will then post on here so the OP can be updated.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn I promised myself to start a proper 'dafuge' challenge and doing transfer this time.. but after seeing that hall of fame , i want to be in that list ! so lesson one... pick a league from a 'big ' nation.. Doing it in iceland or scotland (braves) is hardcore and not realistic (for me). lesson two , don't put to much details in the season update(s).. because after a few seasons it took me an hour to update .

Going to think about this, damn u all ! :) 

Edited by OlivierL
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, thomas_e said:

I played with NK Zadar for about 10 seasons from the beta. I am planning to start the Youth Academy Challenge straight away now on the beta. 

Don't do this BYU. Don't you dare give me hope just to crush me later.  (Costanza) - CougarBoard.com

thanks :)

I'm going to wait on the first instant result skin, because i need to have the abilty to IR the 'not important' games.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Don't do this BYU. Don't you dare give me hope just to crush me later.  (Costanza) - CougarBoard.com

thanks :)

I'm going to wait on the first instant result skin, because i need to have the abilty to IR the 'not important' games.

But just to be sure: there hasn't been any indication from SI staff that beta saves won't be compatible with the full game? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, thomas_e said:

But just to be sure: there hasn't been any indication from SI staff that beta saves won't be compatible with the full game? 

No they are compatible for sure. and i think that doing a youth only is the savest thing u can do on the beta.. a few data bugs won't mess a YT only save up.. so it's almost a done deal.. but a third FM edition in a row.. no transfers.. not sure if i can cope with that :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, OlivierL said:

No they are compatible for sure. and i think that doing a youth only is the savest thing u can do on the beta.. a few data bugs won't mess a YT only save up.. so it's almost a done deal.. but a third FM edition in a row.. no transfers.. not sure if i can cope with that :) 

Haha, I agree, I actually missed it a bit on my last save. But just cant wait to get started now. Just so unsure about which team to pick! Or nation for that matter! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, thomas_e said:

Haha, I agree, I actually missed it a bit on my last save. But just cant wait to get started now. Just so unsure about which team to pick! Or nation for that matter! 

I also missed it but enjoyed my name tagging and replacing faces thing to much... and feels like unfinished business .. 

The only thing i'm afraid of (beside no transfers) is picking a league that's to 'long' or picking a league with a low reputation so i won't get near the highest divison or achieving any of the challenges..

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

I also missed it but enjoyed my name tagging and replacing faces thing to much... and feels like unfinished business .. 

The only thing i'm afraid of (beside no transfers) is picking a league that's to 'long' or picking a league with a low reputation so i won't get near the highest divison or achieving any of the challenges..

I've done both those "mistakes". I chose NK Zadar in Croatia and domestically it was great fun. A small league so the years went really fast, but it soon became clear that I was never going to win the Champions League. Maybe someone better at the game than me could, but I deemed it impossible. Especially considering that the board sold my best players every year! 

I've also done the mistake of doing the challenge in England. To say that it's a mistake is of course silly, because it isnt, and I did complete the challenge, but the way up the league ladder in England is too long in my mind. I think Germany, Spain and Italy is perfect with the third tier being the lowest. 

How about giving it a go in South or North America? Would be great fun seeing someone doing the challenge "overseas". 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, thomas_e said:

I've done both those "mistakes". I chose NK Zadar in Croatia and domestically it was great fun. A small league so the years went really fast, but it soon became clear that I was never going to win the Champions League. Maybe someone better at the game than me could, but I deemed it impossible. Especially considering that the board sold my best players every year! 

I've also done the mistake of doing the challenge in England. To say that it's a mistake is of course silly, because it isnt, and I did complete the challenge, but the way up the league ladder in England is too long in my mind. I think Germany, Spain and Italy is perfect with the third tier being the lowest. 

How about giving it a go in South or North America? Would be great fun seeing someone doing the challenge "overseas". 

Was thinking about England but u are right, that's a long league.

U did it in Germany, any tips? If i would start this YT challenge it could be Germany or Italy. Not sure about south or north america, first i want to do it in a 'normal' league :) don't make me crazy.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I really enjoyed Germany. Considering I finished the challenge yesterday with Cottbus I dont want to start there all over again, but I would strongly recommend it. The clubs are solid from the start and usually decent youth facilities. 

Just remember that players under 17 can't play! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, thomas_e said:

I really enjoyed Germany. Considering I finished the challenge yesterday with Cottbus I dont want to start there all over again, but I would strongly recommend it. The clubs are solid from the start and usually decent youth facilities. 

Just remember that players under 17 can't play! 

Didn’t they change is to U16?

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, _JHTB_ said:

Argentina -  24th June

Austria - 14th June

Belarus - 15th January

Belgium - 30th June

Bulgaria - 18th June

Brazil - 2nd January 2022

Croatia - 20th June

Czech Republic - 30th June

Denmark - 30th June

England - 25th June

Finland - 14th December 2020

France  - 20th June

Germany - 20th June

Holland - 7th July

Hungry - 20th June

Iceland - 25th November 

Israel - 20th June

Italy - 30th June

Northern Ireland - 25th June

Norway - 13th January

Poland - 28th June

Portugal - 30th June

Romania - 30th June

Russia - 20th June

Scotland - 25th June

Serbia - 16th June

Slovenia - 1st July

South Africa - 15th July

Spain - 10th July

Sweden - 14th December 2020

Switzerland - 20th June

Turkey - 20th June

Wales – 25th June

This is all the reset dates of the nations in the OP unless covered all in 2021 - Will add this is just league reset dates, noted it was covered some leagues aren't running first year

Awesome. These dates confirmed then? If so I'll add them to the OP

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, OlivierL said:

@XaW @darren1983 @thomas_efrom your experience.. did anyone started on the beta and played it for 30 seasons or more? i mean this challenge..

looking for excuses :) 

Not sure, I have tried but usually get sacked a few times before I find my club/style for the year so my beta starts never last :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, darren1983 said:

Awesome. These dates confirmed then? If so I'll add them to the OP

Those dates are what are given on the add/remove league page in game which should be the correct dates - haven't loaded to them to completely verify but don't see why they'd change. (Except for league specific rules i.e no promoted clubs in first year or whatever) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, first time with this challenge. Hopefully it won't be too hard for me. I will take Brora Rangers in Scotland. 

3a14248367e2953e49e007667264e102.png

I will also make monthly updates in career updates section and post yearly updates here. I hope that's okay.

891709aa15513e089069c81e0035b2af.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

bug.png.8e98f59ba9e900360901e1f12dc388f0.png

Do you think this is a bug? Apparently my formerly Mexican third division side spent £90m on wages last month?

Does any of your player earn too much? It's often a case of the researcher forgetting to put in the currency and then it defaults to GBP. So if the currency is at a low 1 to 1 value compared to the pound then this could happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...