The FM21 Youth Academy Challenge

Siena.jpg.0d95b9f638ce3bb7dfafd51f6cdbb33d.jpg

Here we go again :) <3 GL ALL !! :) 

20201111130818_1.thumb.jpg.e9d9237351c65908f38c9e132d27de84.jpg

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@darren1983, since the lowest tier in Norway is visible, but not manageable, I'd say for Norway the best way is to holiday for a year until after January 13th 2021 and then find a team in one of the divisions in 3. division and then save scum them to promotion, the season rollover is then January 13th 2022. I did it with Follo now and will post my profile picture up in a bit.

Edited by XaW

12 minutes ago, XaW said:

@darren1983, since the lowest tier in Norway is visible, but not manageable, I'd say for Norway the best way is to holiday for a year until after January 13th 2021 and then find a team in one of the divisions in 3. division and then save scum them to promotion, the season rollover is then January 13th 2022. I did it with Follo now and will post my profile picture up in a bit.

OK cool, have added the info to the OP

Just noticed a potentially nasty bug for teams with players in amateur contracts. I've reported it, but for now it could screw up things for teams with many players on amateur contracts at the start.

Just now, XaW said:

Just noticed a potentially nasty bug for teams with players in amateur contracts. I've reported it, but for now it could screw up things for teams with many players on amateur contracts at the start.

Yes I saw that, got one player with that issue

32 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

My main FC United save I will start when the game is fully released, as some bugs will be ironed out by then.  In the meantime, I am going with a Head Coach game, so won't qualify for this thread.

Good luck, why not on the beta ? do u think that it's not stable yet for a YT only ?

I'm going to have to be less adventurous and return to Europe I think as I've just encountered another bug in my new save, all the players are considered non nation born despite all being Mexican so I can only register 2 players for the league :lol:.

32 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

But I don't want to get a season or sin and have to start over.

I do intend to pick up the (new) game again at some point, and the above is the reason why I won't start the challenge on a Beta version. That, and I'm still not over having got through 10+ years difficult years in Belarus to find out my team wasn't eligible for European competitions. I look forward to joining you all eventually, though. No idea which country I'll start in.

Had the game nearly 24 hours now and not only have I yet to even press continue on a save I'm yet to even pick a country :(

I have nailed my options down to 2 sides now though will either return to England (because I clearly love the slog) with my local team (kinda) Kingstonian and they come up pretty often so no need to reload lots for the,.

My other choice is much rarer it seems and that's Dynamo Berlin (Or BFC Dynamo in game) in Germany. They used to be the biggest side is East Germany before the Berlin wall came down helped massively by the fact they were the team of the Stasi (the secret police of East Germany) so I love the story of the returning to the game as a home grown side to first take on the new big dogs in East Germany from Red Bull and then taking on Bayern but they are hard to see come up so am doing lots of reloading right now. 

1 minute ago, darren1983 said:

Had the game nearly 24 hours now and not only have I yet to even press continue on a save I'm yet to even pick a country :(

I have nailed my options down to 2 sides now though will either return to England (because I clearly love the slog) with my local team (kinda) Kingstonian and they come up pretty often so no need to reload lots for the,.

My other choice is much rarer it seems and that's Dynamo Berlin (Or BFC Dynamo in game) in Germany. They used to be the biggest side is East Germany before the Berlin wall came down helped massively by the fact they were the team of the Stasi (the secret police of East Germany) so I love the story of the returning to the game as a home grown side to first take on the new big dogs in East Germany from Red Bull and then taking on Bayern but they are hard to see come up so am doing lots of reloading right now. 

Had the same issue although I brainstormed about the choices before the beta came out so I could get straight into playing! I wanted to start in a tier as low as possible and I did not want to play in England, so that kinda narrowed it down. 

5 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

I’m gunna do something similar to this later in the game (not as part of this challenge) when the custom databases start to come out and I can take an old East German side from tier 6 up to glory.

Ok so I've returned to Europe and decided to have a bash at this in the Belgian leagues as one of my mate loves having a save there and I've yet to try it. Here's the man who will be guiding this former top division team who are trying to find their way back to the promised land after being punished due to dodgy dealings and expelled into the wilderness.

belgium.png.7cc5bed0bdea771f01a1bc849d374ea4.png

8 minutes ago, lloyd_doyley said:

Feeling confident about staying up in my first season with Bonnyrigg Ross, and praying for a decent intake. A keeper, centre backs and centre midfielders are critical!

20201111190022_1.thumb.jpg.1b39b9026f02131622d86761531644f5.jpg20201111190028_1.thumb.jpg.fe6d49d0d985bef0689098c245348a35.jpg

Good first season though with your name being Lloyd Doyley, I am surprised you didn’t choose Kings Langley!

First competitive match. Things were looking great until they subbed in their lightning quick striker who ran past my defence time and time again and I just couldn't stop him...

p5nOCna.png

I feel violated!

2 hours ago, Padders said:

This happens every year

FM19 I never made it out of the Vanarama National

FM20 took me until March 2020

I will be quiet now with updates until I have a few years under my belt

20201111174818_1.thumb.jpg.1cbe53ff28fb3f7f73f13a0d72f5fafb.jpg20201111174822_1.thumb.jpg.aff1e2486dce2a1e7e97e73753dea952.jpg

I just popped in to see if anyone had been sacked yet :lol:.

Hard work so far over in Belgium, I don’t even have enough players at the club to fill my bench so getting through this first season is gunna be tough if I pick up injuries.

Jesus christ you get so used to quality players when you play many years on this challenge. It makes it even more difficult to start up again. 10 games into a Serie C season with Trentano and we are still yet to win a single game... 

I only have two full backs and they are averaging 6,3 and 6,4 avg... I might just look for another country. What a depressing start! 

@darren1983 would it be possible to add countries to the hall of fame? So it's easier to spot what countries still were not finished in this challenger (ever). For a noobie like me it's hard to differentiate spanish clubs from portuguese, or english from scottish without using google.

2 minutes ago, scarp said:

@darren1983 would it be possible to add countries to the hall of fame? So it's easier to spot what countries still were not finished in this challenger (ever). For a noobie like me it's hard to differentiate spanish clubs from portuguese, or english from scottish without using google.

Yeah that makes sense, dunno why I didn't already have that, I'll add country too the table as well now.