The FM21 Youth Academy Challenge

9 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

a couple leagues have a lower tier that is viewable but not playable (Norway and France for example I think)

I think Romania as well. Don't know of any more, but happy to be educated! :D

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Badge.jpg.f3c5f0f74bfc4d10343c32b65ba6c68d.jpg

RAAL La Louvière, Belgium

LeaguePlay OffsSquadIntakeTransfersFinances

My first season went far better then my attempts at this challenge last release as we were predicted for a top half finish yet spent the entire season fighting it out for promotion. We played really well throughout the campaign but the play offs were just a step too much for us and it didn't help that that was the point suspensions and injury caught up with us.

There was barely any players at the club and I used only 15 players throughout the season and wasn't even able to have a full match day squad so I was relieved to get my intake in. There's nobody in it to get excited about but I can at least have a full match day squad next season.

Nicolas Orye was my top scorer and my best performer of the season but he wants away this summer to play for a bigger club, I've been forced to agree to sell him if any clubs come in and agree to pay his asking price. Moussa Traoré wasn't far behind Nicolas though in either the scoring charts or average points and I'd also like to give a shout out to my keeper Clément Libertiaux who I thought was brilliant throughout the campaign.

Hopefully next season we can keep this run of form going and I can get promoted early doors.

Tracker.thumb.png.9353443e9b8b3bf586421b5992d16efd.png

Edited by metallimuse

50 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

Yeah it's the same in Spain, need to pick one of the sides listed here (but not a B side from a bigger club obvs)

espa.thumb.png.da937ff0e2f2ca26284c4b73ebddc09a.png

My apologies everyone, I completely misunderstood what the restructuring actually was, I should really have spent some time checking it out before posting. That's my fault. I'll change the OP now. 

Really wanted to play with Sant Andreu. team from Barcelona, saw their stadium when i was in Barcelona and they have a great badge. But Spain reset date is in july.. so allmost all the real players are gone (end of contract) and replaced with fake players. Nothing i can do about that i suppose ?

3 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Really wanted to play with Sant Andreu. team from Barcelona, saw their stadium when i was in Barcelona and they have a great badge. But Spain reset date is in july.. so allmost all the real players are gone (end of contract) and replaced with fake players. Nothing i can do about that i suppose ?

Yeah the reset date really screws this challenge over really 

Follo Fotball – Wikipedia

Season 2023 - OBOS-ligaen (tier 2) - 2nd season

XXSncJX.png

Before the season I had an excellent youth intake, and with one player in particular as I showed earlier. This season also went very well, and we finished just outside the playoff spots. We could have done it, but a final day loss at home to relegated Åsane ensured we finished below the line. Still a great season for us, even if we got knocked out of the cup by a team from the tier below. I chopped and changed a bit with tactics this season, but in the end I ended back on the same we had last season, and even if it's leaky at the back, I'm winning more than I lose, so I guess it's a fair trade off for the moment. Some better defenders would help out a lot as well.

XV7xZVs.png

Transfers | Youth Preview | Youth Intake

UZNDFys.png

A really good intake and a really good player. Some other good ones as well though, so it really helped out this season.

Key players: Ernest RzepeckiSander ØstbyeAleksa Radovanovic

Youth players of note: Nasri Stubberud 23aErik André Silde 23cOscar Rosvoll 23d

ULUJJ0M.png

56 minutes ago, Ralph96 said:

Belenenses seems to be a team for someone who looks for "quick" success.

Einrichtungen.gif

Finanzen.gif

Very very interesting !  Always looking for a link. i was in Lisbon last year and we saw the stadion. Belenenses splitted two years ago, this is the 'real' Belenenses that played in the first division till two years ago before they had to leave their stadion. A new team was formed and they are playing in Liga NOS. This team started again in lower league and have idd very nice facilities. https://thesefootballtimes.co/2019/05/10/the-split-that-led-portuguese-top-flight-side-belenenses-to-lose-their-stadium-badge-and-fans-in-one-season/

Considering this.. one more to check :)  thanks 

Edited by OlivierL

5 minutes ago, Shankly84 said:

I an a little confused over the Spain league structure. Is the screenshot below the league that I am supposed to be selecting my team from?

Capture.PNG

Take a look at Darrens post close to the bottom of the last page.

7 minutes ago, Shankly84 said:

Ok thanks, so is it any team from Second division B?

Not any team no as a small number are playable at the start of the game. Best thing to do is check on the season summary page or if you look through the league and find a club you want just check their fixtures from the previous season to make sure they didn't play any league games in 2020/21. It's a bit of a mess really.

Just now, darren1983 said:

Not any team no as a small number are playable at the start of the game. Best thing to do is check on the season summary page or if you look through the league and find a club you want just check their fixtures from the previous season to make sure they didn't play any league games in 2020/21. It's a bit of a mess really.

That makes sense. Thanks for the help.

Unsurprising nick name is unsurprising, unfortunately is he is crap...

JWWhLr2.png 

Oh, and I have the wrong letter in that pic, he is supposed to be 24o...

Edited by XaW

3 hours ago, thomas_e said:

Well, in Portugal, every single team listed under promoted teams were playable last season.

image.png.3fd1d4dfb3471dc2ba5775bfb9ed032d.png

You have to see who is promoted to the new 4th Tier in Portugal and Spain. The promoted teams to that division weren't playable in the holiday season. The teams in your screenshot were playable in the first season, and promoted from the old 3th tier to the new 3th tier. I know it's very complicated, but you need to scrol further down in the season summary to find the taems who are promoted to the 4th tier.

O Belém !

1474.png.0f18d8cddd5a6c714dd818be8cbe2d71.png

Belenenses - Intro - 4th tier - Campeonato De Portugal

Database |Club info | Club Vision Facilities |Finances Squad 1 Squad 2 | Youth intake 21

4e37fb21d6b425050d2a59abcbc39aca.png

What a great club & story (thanks for the tip @Ralph96) .  I was on vacation in Lisbon last year and walked around the Belenenses stadium. At that time I knew nothing about the story of their split and restart.

At the end of the 2017/18 Primeira Liga season, a historic club was changed forever. Os Belenenses, founded in 1919 and steeped in tradition (one of only two clubs outside of the ‘Big 3’ to have won the Primeira Liga) split from the SAD (Sociedade Anónima Deportiva) following a long-running and bitter feud. As a result of the split, Os Belenenses were forced to start again from the sixth tier of Portuguese football, all the while maintaining their name, club crest, stadium and core fanbase. The ‘new’ club, Belenenses SAD, retained a place in the Primeira Liga and kept both the first team and U23 squad. While Belenenses had to leave the stadium we were allowed to keep the club colors, logo (cross of Belém) and name. The new Belenenses SAD was allowed to continue playing in the big stadium in Liga NOS ... While thousands of fans came to watch the 'old' club on the 6th level they kept playing for very few people. https://proxima-jornada.com/2020/06/29/os-belenenses-redemption-and-rebirth/

5374bb270a68bea89a39cc0113ee944e.png61551c9f8110cc71ebbb1f3f30646d05.jpg
The four clubs in Lisbon Belenenses SAD - Belenenses - Benfica - Sporting . The 5th club is Atlético Clube De Portugal, they play in the 6th tier.

So we start at the fourth level. A very difficult one to promote as it can only be done through the playoffs. We have a very large core but all players have an amateur contract. Hopefully I can give the most important players a pro contract. Facilities and finances look very good and will help in this challenge. I have already picked up one great talent from the previous youth intake :

00c11e95a6dd6bfeebda0537180132b8.png

Edited by OlivierL

Brora Rangers - 2025/26

09ba48e545be88d8a3085d7b8ea5ee99.png

5a47b30289d58e05edbfd9d7568282d4.png

Not the best finish possible but it is what it is, we are simply not as good as I thought we were. This is especially troubling considering our financial situation as our wage budget keeps getting lower and lower. We still managed to upgrade youth recruitment so that's a good sign, although I am not sure what will have to happen for us to finally be sorted financially. Oh yeah, and we got into SPFL finals but got smashed there. Our average attendance dropped to the levels when we were in League 2. I thought our way to financial stability would be by constantly getting higher and higher attendances through out the seasons but apparently not.

af977f2191af46e9991d7f3e4441d425.png

Transfers | Youth in-take

Key players: Jordan MacRaeGreg Morrison & Millar Gamble

bbb9a023f650147203e688e70a264b78.png

5 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

Attempt number three.  Portugal and to Belenenses.  One of only five clubs to ever win the Portuguese top division.

Club Introduction

Belenenses

CF Belenenses Logo Vector (.AI) Free Download

The Manager

This is me.

jKYw7mv.png

dwmB2Jv.png

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications          Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                      1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Great                Great             Adequate              Good             Good               Regional   (2.00*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Time At Club
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League           Europa League              Europa Conference League   League                             Position     Taça de Portugal Placard    League Cup        Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nooooo :o just joking,good luck :) 

I will get startet as well :-)

My attempt will be in Denmark with B1908.

The danish league structure is changing with a added 3. division, so if you want to play there you have to check the new league for the 2 promoted teams.

Will report back after the first season,

Edited by Bubbles_DK

Needham Market proved to be a little too challenging for right now, so I've decided to nip over to Scandinavia to have a go there.

Taken over at Elverum, newly promoted to the Norwegian Second Division Group 1.

Got a couple of standout players, with Christoffer Engan leading the way:

d0067791397897e833ab3d304c732907.png

But for the most part, players are more like the level of Magnus Midthun:

63737d7371b74eba3b85e836923e81ac.png

We've had our academy graduates through, which shows a fair amount of potential but nobody who looks ready to challenge for a first team place quite yet:

8a2e95694f6b453e80db8d3a468ed627.png

Here is Lars Erik Bergum Hansen (LEB for short):

f0979c2b61f840c288ec334d7488382d.png

Facilities wise, we have below average training and youth facilities, with adequate academy coaching and youth recruitment. The board didn't take too kindly to me immediately barging into the board room to ask for better facilities, so that will be the aim once the season gets underway.

Let's go!

Brora Rangers - 2026/27

10d61b2cc545d500863a64a9d27cec62.png

d8fb0f5e3a59c4b359c658e673fbdef4.png

The season started about similar as to the last one, we were playing around the middle of the table and I thought it will be similar season to the last. Then in January something happened and we started to beat everyone and reached first place in March & April. It definitely helped that there was no clear best team as usually. We won five out of last six games but lost once to Inverness and that was enough for them to clinch past us. We moved to play-offs where we beat Montrose & Cove Rangers to secure our promotion. Both matchups were quite similar, we defended on their stadium and drew there and then we beat them at home. We are struggling hard financially but after the promotion the board agreed to upgrade youth recruitment! Also massive progress by our only youth international Ogg - screen will be posted below. Great youth in-take also as we needed LB and Yotov looks great, he also already played for us in play-offs.

9fa6d8b57e5e2c08c3e07b38300a0652.png

Transfers | Youth in-take

Key players: Greg MorrisonJordan MacRaeMillar Gamble & Kieran Ogg

Youth watch: Nikola Yotov

e3d35e45210f3e8cb1e1b1381ea3458d.png

Continued for the first team with Belenenses after giving al the real players without a face , a fake face etc.. Found a lot of good staff and a few model citizens !

Ass manager - Tedesco

Hoyd - Leite

U19 gk coach - Poom

U19 manager - Neves (fairly Pro)

I hope this will help me once again in getting good personalties / youth intake.

The second season struggle is real this year folks. Doubt I'll be going up this year.

My intake preview is here though. Not the decent write up we had last season but hopefully a few I can work with. Had a disaster with last season's crop as wasn't quiet sure on the contract situation. Signed them all to non contracts and the majority have actually left to other clubs by the start of this season.

1 hour ago, Braumiller said:

Why, why, why did I check out what you guys had all started! :D

Now I've gone and started hunting for a suitable new club to begin with when the game goes live!

After having to put FM20 on the back burner with everything going on, hoping to rekindle my love affair with this challenge (and a club I have no idea exists currently) soon.  I've found a club, in a country I have never played in, with a fun backstory fact and a non-normal kit color, so that has a lot of my usual boxes ticked.  Going to keep looking as well as get views and my familiarity with the game over the next week or so and try and resist starting early!

Hes One Of Us GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

End of Season Review

Season 2021/22

South Shields

Mariners' club badge to be changed at end of the season – South Shields FC

League Table - We went off like a train and were neck and neck with eventual winners Boston United in January.  Then our captain got a season ending injury and results were dreadful after that.

Play Offs - We won six of our last seven league games, meaning we were in terrific form going into the playoffs.  That meant very little, however, as we lost at home to FC United of Manchester in the semi final, ending our season.

League Fixtures 1, 2 & 3 - A great first half of the season.  A very poor second half.

F. A. Cup - York City proved too strong in the fourth qualifying round, as expected.

F. A. Trophy - An excellent cup run, reaching the quarter finals before narrowly losing at home to Aldershot Town, despite leading at half time.

Pre Season Friendlies - A good run of results, with the defeats all being close and by teams who play at a far higher level than we do.

Squad - Some good prospects here.  I think we need another couple of seasons at this level for these youngsters to fulfill their potential.

Squad Dynamics - Very good as you would expect.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out - None.

Youth Candidates - A decent bunch for the long term, but no one who is immediately ready for the first team, even though I am going to play them anyway.  Steffen Steinmetz YP22A1 is regarded as the brightest prospect.

Finances - Surprisingly good, despite no real F. A. Cup run.

Key Players

Jason Gilchrist - The striker had an extraordinary season, scoring 42 goals in his 56 games.

Wouter Verstraaten - The big Dutch centre back was exceptional all season.

Dillon Morse - The captain broke his leg in January and it was no surprise when our form went off a cliff as a result.

Jordan Hunter - The best player at the club, he can play at right back, defensive midfield or central midfield.

Callum Ross - A mixed bag from the central midfielder.  I need him to do more.

Next Season

Another play off push would be lovely.

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications       Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                   1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2021/22    Minimal = (0.75*) ↑   National B ↑↑          6 ↑   6 ↑   2 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   5 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   4 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   7 ↑   6 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Adequate             Adequate               3       Basic                 Average          Adequate           Local   (1.00*)
2021/22    Adequate =           Adequate =             3 =     Basic =               Good ↑↑          Good ↑↑            Local = (1.00*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22      56        33       10       13         108              63                 +45

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Time At Club
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22          56        33       10       13         108              63                 +45              317 days

Trophy Haul

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    League Cup        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National North               3rd       Fourth qualifying round         N/a           Lost in semi final of promotion play off.  Quarter final of F. A. Trophy.

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    Eoin Mcardle YP22B2                       8

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Goals
---------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    No one                                 0

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Assists
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    No one                                  0

Edited by DazRTaylor

Last year I was also attempting my first YA Challange save but I think I was the only one to give it a go on the Touch version of the game. As it appeared the 'Touch' isn't very suited to this Challenge as you only get a few players from the youth income each season. I become so addicted to this challenge that I will probably buy a full-fat version this year and thus break the only FMT buying streak from 2017 onward. Damn you!

Just now, uroszila said:

Last year I was also attempting my first YA Challange save but I think I was the only one to give it a go on the Touch version of the game. As it appeared the 'Touch' isn't very suited to this Challenge as you only get a few players from the youth income each season. I become so addicted to this challenge that I will probably buy a full-fat version this year and thus break the only FMT buying streak from 2017 onward. Damn you!

I could add the same gif I posted for Braumiller over here, but you deserve your own.

Join Us GIF by memecandy - Find & Share on GIPHY

Just now, Crayam99x said:

I'm already in the second season (will update on progress soon) and getting this message now. How does this make any sense?

Good luck! Oh, and I'd report this as a bug. Not sure what happened below the surface there...

As I have abandoned my Belenenses save, I always like to have a non UK game on the go, so back I go to Iceland, one of my favourite countries in the game.

Club Introduction

Íþróttafélagið Magni

Magni Squad, Fixtures, Results and Ratings | FootballCritic

The Manager

This is me.

OpSuVwb.png

R63bs4l.png

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications          Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                      1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Below average        Below average     Adequate              Adequate         Limited            Regional   (1.50*)

Season Record

Overall Career Record

Trophy Haul

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     Mjólkurbikarinn     Meistarakeppni Karla     Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Goals
---------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Assists
-----------------------------------------------------------------

2 minutes ago, Ibbo said:

What's the rule on players the club has arranged to sign before you arrived?

Cancel them if you can, otherwise they are fine, but post a screenshot from the takeover date to prove it.

In other news, I think I need to rethink my tactic...

image.png.2c01123dd1b0f786a27fcdaead730b44.png

Freamunde - season 2022-2023 - Championship (4th division)

Predicted: 10th of 60 teams

Final position: Won our league and the play-offs 

We didn't face the second season syndrome as we started the new season in an unbelievable way. We lost only our 13 game of the season, and only conceded once in our 9 first games. Our 13th game of the season was against Canelas2010 who were 2nd but already 8 points behind. But we lost that game, and the struggle started. We also lost our 14th game, and suddenly our lead was only 2 points. We could only win 3 of our last 10 games, but luckily for us the other teams around us couldn't take advantage of our bad run. We won our league with a very convincing win in our last game of the season  5-1. In the end we only won the league by only1 point.

Winning our league wasn't enough to gain promotion. We entered the play-offs, knowing that only 2 teams would get promoted.

Our quarter final was against Juventude Evora, and we won that game 3-0 after 2 legs. Next game was the semi final. The winners of the semi-final gain promotion to the 3th division. The opponent was Marinhense, a very tough opponent a they won their league and the quarter final very easy. First game was an away game, and we completelely dominated the game and won 1-5. Second leg at home was just a formality, and we won that game 3-1. In the final we faced Averca. The final was for the neutrals a very disappointing game. 0-0 after 90 minutes and straight to penalties. ANd lady luck was on our side and we won the penalty shoot-out 5*4, and were crowned as champions

Games 1

Games 2

Play-offs

Cup: wasn't interested in the cup, and lost in the first round

Youth intake: When I saw our preview is was very positive, but the actual intake was a disappointment. Like last season I signed all players witha potential of 3.5*

I will show you only the best 2 players, as I don't think the others will ever play in our first team.

Henrique Rafael: AMR/ST. Will be trained as a ST. We only have 2 ST at our club, and we have enough AMR players

Pedro Francisco: DC

Transfers: None

Finances: Even worse than last season, Chairman has put 90k in the club, but we still last ±350k this season. We are 640k in red,

Goal for next season: Just staying up.

Follo Fotball – Wikipedia

Season 2024 - OBOS-ligaen (tier 2) - 3rd season

JAkrsee.png

We had an outside shot of playoffs last season, so the hope was there, even if the media think we are going down instead. We started really good and kept going into the latter part of the season as a contender for a playoff spot. However, we had a really poor finish to the season as we struggled to find anything resembling form. For the last few matches I changed the tactic into a more basic 4-4-2, and the play got a bit better. Now, hopefully we can keep playing well going into next season. I'm going to release quite a few of the original backup players this season and become more reliant on youngsters, so I hope they can step up. I'm also pestering the board to go professional, since we have quite a nice bank balance now.

P6pLLTy.png

Transfers | Youth Preview | Youth Intake

xdE1Wf4.png

A solid intake with some good talents.

Key players: Ernest RzepeckiAleksa Radovanovic & Markus Rekdal

Youth players of note: Nasri Stubberud 23aErik André Silde 23cRunar Aasen 24d

fiZ9y4T.png