The FM21 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, stefaanpeeraer said:

Then it is a mistake from the real name fix i think. 

What's the stadium they play in?

Nice challenge btw! 

spacer.png

This looks right eh?

Edited by jmonfu

Yes i see, Daknam is the stadium from Lokeren, they went bankrupt and merged with Temse, fm scout will not have done that update, its the same team but different logo and name. Maybe try the name fix from sortitout? 

1 minute ago, stefaanpeeraer said:

Yes i see, Daknam is the stadium from Lokeren, they went bankrupt and merged with Temse, fm scout will not have done that update, its the same team but different logo and name. Maybe try the name fix from sortitout? 

Isn't the licence fix the same?  Do I need to restart my save though just for a name update?

Just now, stefaanpeeraer said:

image.png.60edc16bcb0deff47d9d1ea1f35975b8.png

this is the correct logo and name , so the fix from sortitout is correct

Are they the same club as in my save?  I do not mind the name and logo tbh, if they are the same exact team.   Do not wish to restart my save if that is possible

Lads i think ive run in to pretty big bug. So ive been promoting my youngsters all this time to my B team for 5 seasons without any care in the world and ive just noticed that the game literally wont ever let me promote them from there to the u20's or the first team. It just says that the window for that isin't open (it is) In fact all this time ive been sending them there via the Player development summarys and if i try to move them to the B team i get the same notification. So now i have bunch of class youngters stuck in the B team...

22 minutes ago, Maikol said:

Lads i think ive run in to pretty big bug. So ive been promoting my youngsters all this time to my B team for 5 seasons without any care in the world and ive just noticed that the game literally wont ever let me promote them from there to the u20's or the first team. It just says that the window for that isin't open (it is) In fact all this time ive been sending them there via the Player development summarys and if i try to move them to the B team i get the same notification. So now i have bunch of class youngters stuck in the B team...

That's not good ! in Finland?

1 hour ago, Maikol said:

Tried to move around some players to the B team, can do it without any problems unless i am not in a tranfer window

NK Belišće 2023/24 Season Review

265eb84d452455bb9e7b23ee92f18fa1.png

7493b67549e2eebc712f57aaf2743939.png

Luka Agatic - Blagojce Cvetanoski 1A - Karlo Miljanic - Silvio Anocic - Ivan Lackovic

Another improved season in which we far exceeded expectations as we crack the Top 5 in the league. We may begin to struggle soon though as next season is the last we will see of Cvetanoski, as his contract runs out and thinks we are beneath him (we probably are).

Youth Intake

f006d2e8047fe106f4f1d4d28dec4dd4.png

Davor Jerbic 3A - Valentin Kovac 3B - Karlo Mandic 3C

Another great intake, with our forward line seemingly sorted for the years to come. With another coaching and recruitment upgrade, we should be expecting an even better intake next season.

Transfers

9915c47435ea82f4bede5da1337a1437.png

Progress

10c6b3b836c457b1d0e0a11090a0cc17.png

1 minute ago, DazRTaylor said:

@jmonfuHow do you get them up named as that?  Lokeren does not exist in my game, though Temse does.  Is there an edited file or something?

yeah mate I discovered this yesterday too  thanks to @stefaanpeeraer and @OlivierL

You have to install the sortitoutsi file I have made a link to a bit earlier on this forum too.  THen I changed the kits manually using the ID's

7 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

@jmonfuHow do you get them up named as that?  Lokeren does not exist in my game, though Temse does.  Is there an edited file or something?

In my game it was Lokeren Temse (real name fix from somewhere).

Edited by OlivierL

Follo Fotball – Wikipedia

Season 2026 - OBOS-ligaen (tier 2) - 5th season

FmZayto.png

So very close last season, and this time it was time to do it a little bit better. And we did! Promoted as champions, even if it were on goal difference. To be fair though, we had it more or less in the box with two games left, but losing the last two made it a bit closer than it should have been. Still, we did great, and we continue to score like we don't know anything else. That means we are conceding way too much, but at least the games are entertaining to watch. Going to be exciting to see how we fare in the top tier, and I just hope we can survive it. Being so leaky at the back it's a big risk, but it might be an even bigger risk to change things up...

B7Po5Wt.png

Transfers | Youth Preview | Youth Intake

S8lvSgA.png

Fun getting in a good Brazilian that fits the stereotype of excellent technique and flair! A great intake all over, but we are missing a core thing in our team, a left back! I've been using the same makeshift one since the start, and now he is not rated highly anymore. So I do hope I get one of those soon enough, or I'm going to have to be even more creative with retraining.

Key players: Ernest RzepeckiNasri Stubberud 23aEinar Andersen 23f

Youth players of note: Adrian Grythaugen 25aRunar Aasen 24dKwame Asante-Taylor 25c

KOZ3Ol6.png

7 minutes ago, scarp said:

@XaW Interesting to see your average attendance dropped while you played your best season yet. Congratulations on the promotion, will be interesting to see whether Rzepecki can have the same success in a tier above.

Yeah, I think has to do with me getting knocked out of the cup very early this season...

Thanks! I hope he can, it's fun that he starts at the club while clearly being way too good for that league and should play in a tier or two higher than where we started.

@XaW How do you check your average attendance? I usually go to team detailed stats in our league, so there's no cup games counted. Or do you think that your fans simply stopped caring about the league games after you dropped from the cup?

2 minutes ago, scarp said:

@XaW How do you check your average attendance? I usually go to team detailed stats in our league, so there's no cup games counted. Or do you think that your fans simply stopped caring about the league games after you dropped from the cup?

Last season I had two home legs to top tier team (won one, lost the other), so I guess that boosted me quite a lot.

image.png.4cf2134214691cbe4c16e2ff536d802f.png

9 minutes ago, benrollo said:

Excellent work going up as champions @XaW! Be really interesting if your boys can keep you up.

How are your finances looking? That youth setup is going to start costing an arm and a leg!

Thanks! I hope they can... but it's not going to be easy!

The finances are looking fine with about £1.5m in the bank, but I've been saving to go professional as it's one of the things that are really holding us back. The setup have slowly started to chew into the finances as I've lost about £400k this season and I only got the last upgrade half way into the season...

1 hour ago, XaW said:

Fun getting in a good Brazilian that fits the stereotype of excellent technique and flair! A great intake all over, but we are missing a core thing in our team, a left back! I've been using the same makeshift one since the start, and now he is not rated highly anymore. So I do hope I get one of those soon enough, or I'm going to have to be even more creative with retraining.

I've found in the past, no idea this version yet as not tried but the itch for this challenge is returning, that wingers make excellent full backs so if you've got 1 that might not make the grade as a winger then get them retraining, their dribbling and crossing is usually a real asset from full back. I'm sure you know this already but thought I'd mention just in case.

Congrats on the promotion, think you're best bet is o continue to outscore the other sides, play to your strengths and remember you only have to be not the worst side after promotion :D 

8 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

I've found in the past, no idea this version yet as not tried but the itch for this challenge is returning, that wingers make excellent full backs so if you've got 1 that might not make the grade as a winger then get them retraining, their dribbling and crossing is usually a real asset from full back. I'm sure you know this already but thought I'd mention just in case.

Congrats on the promotion, think you're best bet is o continue to outscore the other sides, play to your strengths and remember you only have to be not the worst side after promotion :D 

Thanks! Though, my problem is I don't have much in left wingers either, that's why I'm still using an original right winger as a left winger currently!

moq8I4z.png

I've only gotten a single talent for left wing, but he haven't impressed me yet and I doubt I'd feel comfortable with him a full back either...

SnC20qQ.png

Though I have had my youth preview for the next season, and it give you a sneak preview, I might get someone I can make into a fullback... hopefully!

P3mtZ2f.png

Since they say left midfielder, instead of winger, I hope he could be better defensively than an out and out winger!

End of Season Review

Season 2021/22

FC United of Manchester

Errea is named new technical sponsor of FC United of Manchester!

League Table - We had a good season overall, qualifying for the end of season play offs.

Play Offs - We were dreadful in the play offs, losing at home to Boston United in the semi final.

League Fixtures 1, 2 & 3 - We started the season really well and were top after thirteen games.  Our form then became patchy and we finished in the play offs.

F. A. Cup - An excellent cup run, ended in the third round at Swindon Town.  Gutted we didn't get a big draw as the money would of been very helpful.

F. A. Trophy - Another good cup run, reaching the quarter final, before being soundly beaten at home by Wealdstone.

Pre Season Friendlies - The usual mix of games against bigger and smaller clubs.

Squad - A good squad but not strong enough for the league above.

Squad Dynamics - After a successful season, this is as good as you would expect it to be.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out - Just the one departure, with Luke Griffiths moving on after wanting to move to a bigger club.

Youth Candidates - A good intake with Ross Holland YP22A1 being the stand out player.

Finances - Very healthy indeed.

Key Players

Barry Wardrope - Teenage Scottish left winger who came through the academy the season before I arrived.  Simply sensational.  I will struggle to hang on to him I think.

Chris Doyle - Commanding centre back who is an absolute rock.

Curtis Jones - Doyle's partner at centre back, the pair are the main reason we finished so high in the table.

Regan Linney - Striker who had a good year, returning 24 goals in his 53 appearances.

Dan Lavercombe - An excellent campaign from the goalkeeper.

Next Season

Another push for the playoffs is the goal.

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications       Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                   1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2021/22    Minimal = (0.50*) ↑   None =                 4 ↑   4 ↑   1 =   1 =   2 ↑   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   4 ↑   6 ↑   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   5 ↑   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Basic                Basic                  4       Adequate              Average          Fairly basic       Local   (1.00*)
2021/22    Basic =              Basic =                4 =     Adequate =            Good ↑           Adequate ↑         Local = (1.00*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22      60        33       12       15         126              84                 +42

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Time At Club
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22          60        33       12       15         126              84                 +42              316 days

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    League Cup        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North        3rd       Third round                     N/a           Lost in semi final of promotion play off.  Quarter final of the F. A. Trophy.

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    Ross Holland YP22A1                       6

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Goals
---------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    Scott Jones YP22F6                     1

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Assists
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    No one                                  0

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    No one                                     0

Edited by DazRTaylor

3 minutes ago, scarp said:

@XaW Ah, alright then. I use only league average attendance as the overall could get skewed by friendly cups I host every year.

Yeah, I could use it, but I've just always used this one, so it's a habit. Just take my numbers with a grain of salt then! :D

Ok, go time!  I am now the new manager of Club Atletico Los Andes in the Argentine second tier (Primera Nacional).

image.png.27eb4130bfc07a0523ae08ac76033e38.png

They have a decent starting foundation considering they have never won anything., average youth recruitment and training facilities.  What drew me to them is that they already have the Club Vision to develop youth players :thup:

I need to do some digging, but they have a gigantic, old relic of a stadium, again despite zero historical success.  Just under 37k (only 3k seats) and is in a southern neighborhood of Buenos Aires (settled by English, Scottish & Irish employees of the Argentine railroad company).  I'm sure that will create a financial albatross around my neck, but as long as I keep the playing budget under control that is for the board to handle!

image.png.5aeb717a193c3715f26f85645e362d6e.png

Starting squad of 45 strung between the First Team, Reserves and u20's - just spent a good chunk of time spreadsheeting who is who and where they should be! lol  Definitely some fat to be trimmed.

Preseason preview has us at 26th of 36 (there are two groups of 18 for league play), so hoping for a good solid season or two to begin with.

3 hours ago, yipster1986 said:

I'm trying a save with Merthyr but there's a whole load of grey players in there although I loaded all the lower leagues when setting up the game. I don't see this ending well :rolleyes:

I doubted about FC United and Merthyr down on this FM and I had 19 players to start with on one of my 'reloads'.

u'll have to wait for the youth intake for 16 new (welsh) players.

Elverum Fotball - Wikipedia

Another 2 seasons in the bag, time for another update.

Players
We've got to start with a check in with Elverum's best graduate, Lars Erik Bergum Hansen 22-4. Hansen played a grand total of 7 games for Kristiansund before they cashed in with a £1.2m sale to Midtjylland. He's done OK in Denmark, but still has plenty of time on his side.

We lost another bright prospect with the sale of Erik Fjeldstad 25-9 to Malmo prior to the 2027 season. The board accepted a bid of £120k with no sell on clauses which was really painful. We're at a tough spot now where my absolute best players are only worth around £30-40k, and as soon as a team comes in with a bid of £100k+ the board lick their lips. That's not going to get it done when we're leaking money!

Our 2027 youth graduate class had a number of players the coaches rated highly, but none of them are looking like they'll get into the first team any time soon. Jesper Pettersson 27-5 is probably the closest one to first team football.

The 2028 class which has just graduated has a more encouraging prospect in the shape of Sander Gronlien 28-1. He's gone straight in to the first team squad ahead of the 2028 campaign.

Lars Wøien Stø 26-1 and Svein Kåre Bodøgård 26-2 have both become essential first team players, although I don't think they'll be here much longer with a bunch of teams sniffing around both of them.

I let a number of fringe first team players go over the last two winters, and it has left me relying heavily on our graduates. We have a lot of potential in our first team squad, but more than a handful of the players need more seasoning. I'm really happy with that average age though!

Facilities & Finance
No change on the facilities front, as our bank balance has been permanently in the red since the last post. Even with a cash injection of £675k from the board we're half a million in debt.

League Performance
We actually managed to sneak a playoff spot in 2026, although we lost to Viking in the first round. We dropped to 9th last season and really struggled to score goals. We regularly have more possession than our opponents so I'm trying a tactic that will hopefully turn that advantage into more goals, even if we loosen up a bit at the back. Might as well go down swinging!
On the cup front, we did manage to reach the quarter finals two seasons in a row thanks to some very generous draws. Sadly, as soon as we came up against Eliteserien opposition we couldn't live with them.

This season feels like a big one - we either need to sell a few players for decent money to get ourselves back in the black, or we need to somehow try and get back into the playoffs and attempt to reach the promised land.

On the coaching front, I did manage to land my Continental C License amidst the chaos. Every time I try to go on the next one, the board don't want me to in case they lose me to a bigger club. Just give me a lifetime contract lads and let's get on with it!

61d6113231c626f8e842be966688819e.png

Brora Rangers 2032/33

90b6a3a676d86d078f82a28d330a2274.png

393bfdc9a039b87efb1b6ab83f36f9f1.png

Another pretty good season from our boys in red! Ross Rae definitely turned up, scoring 37 goals in all competitions. Thanks to two last intakes our attacking side looks stacked but I am worried about our defense, with Gamble aging up and no depth on fullbacks it will be another long season. Also missing a proper DM/CM still so moved away from classic diamond. Our finances are not looking great at all and we got another upgrade in academy coaching, not sure if it's the wisest but the latest intakes were fantastic and I hope that we will be able to afford the coaching anyway. Stephen is still a great goalie for us although his ability rating is not the best. Nathan Bell is not progressing as well as I hoped so I wish for another CB next year. We had a first 3,5 CA rated player in intake in Shaun Redfern who's MR (we were lacking decent MRs for years) and he immediately became a starter for us. Hamilton also played few games straight out of the intake and even became our youngest starter & youngest goal scorer.

8a25dcbdc64a884610aba03b8d2edfb2.png

Transfers | Youth in-take

Key players: Ross RaeJamie Stephen & Kieran Ogg

Youth watch: Shaun RedfernCameron Hamilton & Ali Ovenstone

a227718c41d7d843fb34ed925a33d60f.png