release date

It's pure speculation at the moment.

I think it's certainly based on previous opus.  Each year the release date is around beginning of november.

5 minutos atrás, louissiscool disse:

sortitoutsi says its 8/11 and 25/10 for the beta so where are they getting that from?

Release date I'm 99% sure it's correct. Beta is much more speculative.

But sortitoutsi didn't just decided to go with a random date... ofcourse.

And SI announced the game for "early November", so it's quite easy to assume the date.

Edited by 99

14 minutes ago, saihtam said:

There is reason why it has not been revealed. Every date is speculation.

Its very odd for a game to not have a release date supposedly around a month before release date, some people are saying it's because of stadia i personally think it might be so they can release the beta when they want and not feel extra pressure to release it 2 weeks before an announced release date.

2 hours ago, louissiscool said:

Its very odd for a game to not have a release date supposedly around a month before release date, some people are saying it's because of stadia i personally think it might be so they can release the beta when they want and not feel extra pressure to release it 2 weeks before an announced release date.

The whole concept of "releasing beta" is just a way to avoid setting exact date, plus grants you an unquestionable answer to each and every game-breaking bug report. "It's just a beta".

This year is no different, except the cosmetic "real release" date hasn't been given out.

I sure hope it is not November 1st. I don't want some poor guy sitting in the office the whole night to look out for some last-minute Brexit thingies! 

Spoiler

Also please no 'after Brexit is finalised' release — who knows what will happen this time...

I was watching a very big fm youtuber who was talking about the features and was waffling on a bit and then said i guess we will have to see when the full game comes out on 7th of november and then carried on talking. And then later mentioned the beta coming out in the third week of october. They do say nobody knows when the release date is though so who knows if its true or not

Can't see it being the 1st. Too many variables from Brexit.

Parliament have no intention of signing any deal whatsoever as has always been clear, so it'll still be getting fought in the courts on the 31st because Boris definitely has something up his sleeve and the EU don't want another extension, it's in or out.

Huge impact on FM though, I wonder how SI are preparing?

42 minutes ago, MrLiverpool2012 said:

I was watching a very big fm youtuber who was talking about the features and was waffling on a bit and then said i guess we will have to see when the full game comes out on 7th of november and then carried on talking. And then later mentioned the beta coming out in the third week of october. They do say nobody knows when the release date is though so who knows if its true or not

It isn't true. Unless it is from SI, it's speculation. No one knows the release date yet. 

You'll have the beta early november :D  it depends on the point of view.  :D

19th November is a good date.

It will be a good date if someone want to give a gift yo another.

All of this is , yet again, completely pointless speculation.  Until SI advise when the game will be released all other dates quoted are guesses, based on previous years experience.  Yes, the beta will normally be released about 2 weeks before the full game.

32 minutes ago, FrazT said:

All of this is , yet again, completely pointless speculation.  Until SI advise when the game will be released all other dates quoted are guesses, based on previous years experience.  Yes, the beta will normally be released about 2 weeks before the full game.

is the report on realsport 101 saying game will be released on november 19th fake?

28 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Unless you hear a date officially from SI, then any other date that is quoted is a guess.

27 minutes ago, FMunderachiever said:

Can you say what is preventing you announcing a date? why is it a secret?

SI announced November 19 release date, I don't why Frazt seems to have missed that

12 hours ago, FrazT said:

FrazT missed that because it was only edited into the sticky post 7 hours ago while I was asleep:D.  That came from SI so that will be the confirmed release date

Maybe now we can all take a rest with speculation about the date;)

well to be honest I think its ridiculous that a third of the season goes by before you can actually play a game

its 1/3 out of date before you even get to play it!

We should be able to access Beta from November 5th onwards then, now a release date is confirmed right? that's 2 weeks before November 19th?

1 minute ago, FMunderachiever said:

Well its just rubbish that's my opinion. So slow.

Cant get a football game ready for release before the end of NOVEMBER? pants

"Self-entitlement" in a nutshell.

I would rather SI take their time and release the best game they can produce, even if it's a few weeks late, rather than just rush out a half-finished, barely playable product in September. I'd imagine the majority of us feel the same way.

Lets not get into personal attacks please, that's when bickering starts and I'd quite like a quiet afternoon ;).

We don't know why it's released later this year, but it's only a few extra days to wait. 

I'll add don't forget that the game represents global football, not just British or European, and not everyone's transfer window closed at the beginning of September (or mid August).  For example, Argentina's closed at the end of Sept, Australia's is closing today.  That level of accuracy is important for FM.

27 minutes ago, CFuller said:

"Self-entitlement" in a nutshell.

I would rather SI take their time and release the best game they can produce, even if it's a few weeks late, rather than just rush out a half-finished, barely playable product in September. I'd imagine the majority of us feel the same way.

Release the best game you can in september instead of it dragging on for 2 months.

If it makes me self entitled so be it

14 minutes ago, herne79 said:

Lets not get into personal attacks please, that's when bickering starts and I'd quite like a quiet afternoon ;).

We don't know why it's released later this year, but it's only a few extra days to wait. 

I'll add don't forget that the game represents global football, not just British or European, and not everyone's transfer window closed at the beginning of September (or mid August).  For example, Argentina's closed at the end of Sept, Australia's is closing today.  That level of accuracy is important for FM.

Ok fair point

36 minutes ago, FMunderachiever said:

Release the best game you can in september instead of it dragging on for 2 months.

If it makes me self entitled so be it

No, that makes you naive, to be honest.  "The best game you can" in September is likely nowhere near the quality they want.  They apparently only reached alpha stage a week or so ago.  And you want to release it at least a month before that point?  And that's completely disregarding the fact that their data would look hilariously out of date in a lot of regions.  Are they supposed to then update the data post-release?  So why are they releasing the game then?  They are absolutely doing the correct thing, and to say they're "dragging on for 2 months" shows a startling misunderstanding of how development actually works.

Ofcourse we all want to play ASAP, but I'm totaly fine with a later release if the wait will be worth it. Meaning an improved ME. The new features already announced don't excite me, but I love FM19 so any upgrade to that is very welcome. The ME tho, yes, that needs work, and I hope that in some weeks we will be able to see the result of that work. 

As someone said in a group: so near yet so far away :)

I don't undersand why so many people are angry about the release date.

It's a good thing. It meams that the game will be more playable than a half finish-game.

37 minutes ago, Akasha said:

I don't undersand why so many people are angry about the release date.

It's a good thing. It meams that the game will be more playable than a half finish-game.

I dont understand why the game should only be "half finished" a couple of months ago?

Whats stopping the game being 99% ready in mid august and then just adjust players stats or transfer them in the windows?

Hardly anything new or exciting or revolutionary appears on the game, its only small tweaks

Why don't you release the game at different times for different countries/leagues if that's an issue?

Whats an actual proper reason why the game cant be bug free and playable before late November? what slows everything up??

Edited by FMunderachiever

7 minutes ago, FMunderachiever said:

I dont understand why the game should only be "half finished" a couple of months ago?

Don't be so literal, it's just an expression :thup:.

7 minutes ago, FMunderachiever said:

Whats stopping the game being 99% ready in mid august and then just adjust players stats or transfer them in the windows?

Hardly anything new or exciting or revolutionary appears on the game, its only small tweaks

Why don't you release the game at different times for different countries/leagues if that's an issue?

Whats an actual proper reason why the game cant be bug free and playable before late November? what slows everything up??

1) We don't know.  If SI choose to tell us they will.  Or not.  But knowing won't change the date and we have no "right" to know the reasons anyway.  It'll be ready when it's ready.

2) I already gave you some thoughts on that.

3) You responded to those thoughts with "fair point".

We're all keen to play the new game, so lets just exercise a little patience.

38 minutes ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

Until the game is released you can't be sure about that

And you could if it was released earlier?  

12 minutes ago, FMunderachiever said:

Not for the first time, you're showing a remarkable misunderstanding of how software development works.  Just because you don't understand it, doesn't make what you're saying any more true or sensible.

But taking your points in order...

13 minutes ago, FMunderachiever said:

That's your problem.

Common sense and software development

In your opinion, and even if it was true, "small" tweaks can still cause chaos with the wider modules.  They still need rigorous testing.

14 minutes ago, FMunderachiever said:

Because that would be utterly mental to do.

14 minutes ago, FMunderachiever said:

What's to stop people curing cancer?  What's slowing everything up?  Or solving world hunger?  You may as well have asked something as asinine as that, because you clearly have no idea.

What's stopping them for releasing it in January? Or wait another year? You seem to know a lot about the internal dialog around software development at SI, and since you know so much, you should know that they will only release it when they are satisfied with the quality of the game.

On a more serious note; The reason for November is based on a plan that the release should be around that point. So the team that develops the next version are most likely developing features based on a roadmap of what they want to achieve and are estimated to possible to do within the timeframe of November. At some time during the latter stages it's common for the game to go into a phase called "Alpha". Here the main features are more or less done, but the game is still far from suitable for the average user. At this point it's most likely prone to crashes and with loads of bugs and other things that are not working as intended. You might ask, "why not do it right in the first place?", but that is what they are trying to, unfortunately, things don't work like that. It's not that the code isn't running, but it doesn't reach the output that were wanted in each and every possible state. So there are some bug fixing and tweaking needed. Then testing happens for a while and the bugs become fewer and the software is more and more stable. At a certain point the game goes into a "beta", ie it's usable but still not to a ready state. The developers will keep fixing bugs as they are reported, and for SI, they have what several developers do, an "open beta". This means that random people not associated to SI will be able to get the game before release. SI give this to all who pre-ordered and they have stated it will be available around 2 weeks before the release date. At this point, all with access to the open beta are encouraged to post bugs they discover in this forum to help iron out bugs not caught before, or to get further info regarding existing bug reports. Remember, they cannot test on each and every configuration players have around the world, so in certain cases players who have an update for their graphics card from august 2008 the game will crash, but all drivers before or after might not notice anything. This is an example, of course, but possibly a real one.

So SI will release the game when they are ready to do so, and this is because they have PLANNED to release it around this point. Of course, should it be discovered a major crash for most users just before the beta is scheduled to go live, they will hold it back a day or two to fix it. This is simply the nature of software development.

Do note, I'm not employed by SI, so this is simply a broad generalisation on how software development can be done. SI could do something similar or something completely different, but this is not an uncommon plan, in the broadest of strokes, of course.

33 minutes ago, forameuss said:

And you could if it was released earlier?  

Not for the first time, you're showing a remarkable misunderstanding of how software development works.  Just because you don't understand it, doesn't make what you're saying any more true or sensible.

But taking your points in order...

That's your problem.

Common sense and software development

In your opinion, and even if it was true, "small" tweaks can still cause chaos with the wider modules.  They still need rigorous testing.

Because that would be utterly mental to do.

What's to stop people curing cancer?  What's slowing everything up?  Or solving world hunger?  You may as well have asked something as asinine as that, because you clearly have no idea.

The point I was trying to make was that until the game is released, we won't know it is better or not

16 minutes ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

The point I was trying to make was that until the game is released, we won't know it is better or not

Which is true, but more time will usually mean a better game.  I mean there's no guarantee that certain elements won't be made worse by a change elsewhere, but generally more time will mean a better product.  You don't have the two versions (say, one that would have been "released" a month ago against the release candidate) to compare, so it's a pointless comparison really.  At the end of the day, outside of SI no-one has any idea of the state of the game at any point in the process.  They could release one riddled with bugs where they've still fixed thousands, or they could release a nigh on perfect one where they've done very little but polish for a few weeks.  We can only really talk in generalities from our position.

23 minutes ago, FMunderachiever said:

@forameuss you didnt explain anything so your post was a waste of time

@XaW informative thank you, not sure why they have to set deadlines so late in the year but interesting to read the process

@herne79 fair enough

There really wasn't much that really needed explaining to show how ridiculous some of the points were, but if you have questions, fire in.

1 hour ago, forameuss said:

Which is true, but more time will usually mean a better game.  I mean there's no guarantee that certain elements won't be made worse by a change elsewhere, but generally more time will mean a better product.  You don't have the two versions (say, one that would have been "released" a month ago against the release candidate) to compare, so it's a pointless comparison really.  At the end of the day, outside of SI no-one has any idea of the state of the game at any point in the process.  They could release one riddled with bugs where they've still fixed thousands, or they could release a nigh on perfect one where they've done very little but polish for a few weeks.  We can only really talk in generalities from our position.

There really wasn't much that really needed explaining to show how ridiculous some of the points were, but if you have questions, fire in.

Totally agree with that, which is how Akasha should have put it