OTF Big Fat Quiz of the Year 2018

Wigmore

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sent...another tough round...my memory is truly shocking :( 

Might struggle to do the next one of two, as I don't get the net back until next Wednesday so I'll see if I can post off my phone, but it might be fiddly so if I don't respond I'll still be checking the thread for the funnies and to see who keeps picking up the points.

Good luck all.

29 minutes ago, The Rebel MC said:

Sent...another tough round...my memory is truly shocking :( 

Might struggle to do the next one of two, as I don't get the net back until next Wednesday so I'll see if I can post off my phone, but it might be fiddly so if I don't respond I'll still be checking the thread for the funnies and to see who keeps picking up the points.

Good luck all.

In case it helps, the June deadline will be Sunday and the July deadline will be Tuesday.

QUESTION 1: What did Nigel Farage tell us there was no such thing as in May that drew the following responses on OTF: "He's just the old drunk guy in the corner of the pub who everyone ignores now", "I'm not even sure what he's saying anymore.", "He's gone insane."

Ah, Nigel Farage - right up there with Mr Trump in the "massive bellend" stakes. But what in particular has he been saying that have lead OTF to believe he's finally gone over the edge?

On 03/05/2018 at 17:27, mark1985 said:

According to Farage, there's no such thing as Belgium. Phew. That'll make our world cup draw easier

http://www.euronews.com/2018/05/03/belgium-s-not-a-country-we-ll-see-in-the-world-cup-verhofstadt-tells-farage

He claimed that there was no such thing as Belgium! To be fair, during the Brazil game there effectively was no such thing as Belgium AMIRITE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luxury chocolate all round and a point to @Confused Clarity, @sebsy, @DB08, @Scott1892, @Anti Spiral, @Bliss Seeker, @Semi Skilled Milk, @mark1985, @KF1990 and @Mr_Demus!

Bad luck to @The Rebel MC here, who gets no points for Cabbages, despite the man himself being something of a cabbage.

QUESTION 2: What are these OTF quotes talking about from May? "haahah ahhaha what happened to UK oh my....", "WHAT'S JUST HAPPENED?", "WTF happened there? Did I miss something?", "What the hell happened just then?", "Wait.. what?", "That was... OK."

Clearly, something ****ing mental has happened here. But what was it? What happened that caused an immediate WTF reaction? Ah, of course, it can only be the most extra TV event of the year....

On 12/05/2018 at 20:54, Mr_Whippy said:

Stage invasion!

It was, as Mr_Whippy so eloquently puts it, about the stage invasion during UK's Eurovision entry! This, to be fair, was highly unusual behaviour.

Maximum points (well, just one point) to @Confused Clarity, @sebsy, @DB08 and @KF1990

@Semi Skilled Milk with an absolute nil points here with his suggestion that the OTT reactions were simply because someone's hat blew off.....

QUESTION 3: What spooky thing was The Rebel MC's phone doing in May? There is a bonus point available here, but I'm not telling you what for.

Fun fact - I refuse to look at my phone whilst walking. OK? Good. On with the quiz.

On 15/05/2018 at 20:47, The Rebel MC said:

Weird one this one.  In the last week my android phone has started, at random, to play a faint Persil audio advert on my phone.

The Rebel's phone was very much being a rebel itself, by playing a Persil advert at random. 1 point for saying it was an advert, a bonus point for mentioning Persil.

As such, @The Rebel MC himself does of course earn himself a cool 2 points, which presumably he is going to try to exchange for liquitabs. @Confused Clarity, @sebsy, @DB08, @Scott1892 and @dafuge also get a point here - nice!

@The_jagster with a truly baffling attempt here... "telling him he was at work in Harrogate".... eh? :D 

QUESTION 4: What news story in May did SteveUK get annoyed about because Sky Sports News were covering it, despite it not being about sport?

Sky Sports News is very much a staple of my family. If I go home for a weekend and Jeff isn't on, I know something terrible must've happened. But I agree that it is annoying when they are covering something completely random - and such was the case here.

On 18/05/2018 at 17:01, SteveUK said:

Their talking about the royal wedding on Sky Sports News, ain't ****ing sport!:mad:

It was the Royal Wedding! Fortunately, I left the country this weekend, so I missed all the nonsense.

Plenty of your nailing this one. One bag of confetti each to @sebsy, @DB08, @Anti Spiral, @Bliss Seeker, @toon_84, @Semi Skilled Milk, @Pukey, @The_jagster, @mark1985, @bestbrother!

QUESTION 5: What did a woman drive into in May, making news and causing a debate on OTF as to whether she was an idiot or not?

@Anti Spiral with answer of the day here. A woman did not drive into space :p

On 22/05/2018 at 13:38, Ackter said:

She did in fact drive into the Plymouth Half Marathon! I am enjoying the expression of the lady in the foreground on that video thumbnail ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@Confused Clarity, @sebsy, @DB08, @Scott1892, @Bliss Seeker, @Semi Skilled Milk, @Pukey, @Deisler26 and @Ackter remembered this.... gold medal to you!!

QUESTION 6: There is breakfast, and then there is lunch, followed later on by dinner. Not according to toon_84 though - how does he (incorrectly) refer to breakfast/lunch/dinner?

Ah, @toon_84. Such a nice man, which makes it all the more disappointing that he doesn't know how to say breakfast, lunch and dinner :( 

On 09/05/2018 at 16:02, Wigmore said:

Hold up... what is this crazy meal naming scheme you have going on here?

Breakfast, dinner, tea?!

It's breakfast, lunch, dinner! And then supper if you're a posh type.

On 09/05/2018 at 16:04, toon_84 said:

Lunch is something cricketers have!

I'm sure we've had this conversation before.

He goes for breakfast, dinner and tea! Why he calls his midday meal dinner is beyond me, but there you go!

Dining out on a point here are @sebsy, @Scott1892, @Anti Spiral, @toon_84, @Semi Skilled Milk@Pukey, @gechal, @Sons FC, @The_jagster and @bestbrother.

I am unable to but wish I could award @dafuge a point for his answer of "scran, scran, scran".

QUESTION 7: What thread was started in May that just had a picture of legs and green socks as the first post?

It's such a shame that this thread died, it had real potential until it got flooded with pics of car parks etc.

On 17/05/2018 at 18:07, Bliss Seeker said:

Click to choose files> camera> take a picture aka SNAPOFT

It was of course Bliss Seeker's SNAPOFT! I still don't fully understand the name, I wonder if Bliss will shed any light.

Picture perfect here are @Confused Clarity@sebsy, @Scott1892, @Bliss Seeker and @Semi Skilled Milk.

@The_jagster has a face for the radio with his attempt of "rate my feet mittens".

QUESTION 8: What did Pret A Manger do in May that convinced me to buy my lunch from them that day?

To the four people who suggested that I specifically bought my lunch from Pret due to them having murdered a customer with a nut allergy, shame on you! :D 

On 29/05/2018 at 12:24, Coulthard's Jaw said:

Every Pret a Manger employee is to receive a £1,000 windfall as the British sandwich shop chain is taken over by the German-controlled company behind Krispy Kreme doughnuts and Kenco coffee, in a deal worth more than £1.5bn.

They gave every employee £1,000! Good for them. And while I'm here, may I recommend the chicken & bacon ceasar roll... it's truly excellent.

@Confused Clarity, @sebsy@Anti Spiral, @dafuge and @Deisler26 are manging on a point here.

Just now, Wigmore said:

QUESTION 8: What did Pret A Manger do in May that convinced me to buy my lunch from them that day?

To the four people who suggested that I specifically bought my lunch from Pret due to them having murdered a customer with a nut allergy, shame on you! :D 

They gave every employee £1,000! Good for them. And while I'm here, may I recommend the chicken & bacon ceasar roll... it's truly excellent.

@Anti Spiral, @dafuge and @Deisler26 are manging on a point here.

WHERES MY POINT?

I knew it was a Bliss Thing, just couldn't remember the actual thread :D

For the Rebel Android question, there was definitely a thread somewhere that had people moaning about suggestions for setting an alarm for work and their commute and Google knew too much. As The Beast says on the Chase, always follow your instinct!

QUESTION 9: In May, this picture was posted in reference to a current UK event. For 1 point, who is that a picture of, and for another point, what was the current event?

EWi12aC.png

My God, the 90s was great. I don't know why a muscular woman wearing Aasics trainers is so hot, but it just is.

On 27/05/2018 at 00:46, Bliss Seeker said:

Madness

Non stop lightning for 2 hours.  

Never seen anything like it in the UK 

It is of course a picture of Lightning from Gladiators, because there was a big lightning storm!

Earning points in... ahem... lightning quick time here, are the following:

2 points: @Confused Clarity, @sebsy, @Scott1892, @Pukey, @Ackter@bestbrother

1 points: @Bliss Seeker, @toon_84, @Semi Skilled Milk, @gechal, @Sons FC, @dafuge, @Deisler26, @mark1985

QUESTION 10: Why did several people suggest that Mr_Demus should buy some bondage gear in May?

This turned out to be a rather tough question, which I'm pleased about. I like it tough... much like a lot of you suggested Mr_Demus does in your answer to this question.

On 01/05/2018 at 20:35, Mr_Demus said:

Hello.

I seek your scholarly advice on a private matter. My wife and I have been married for nearly three years. We have a tradition of giving eachother gifts with the theme of the wedding anniversary. For instance 1 year married is a cotton anniversary, 2 years paper. My problem is, that 3 is leather, and I simply cannot come up with a good gift. We have a budget of roughly £30.

What could I give to my wife? And do the married folks on here have this tradition or another?

On 01/05/2018 at 20:41, Rob1981 said:

Bondage gear surely.  Married three years, must need to spice it up.

The answer, sadly, is not as saucy as a lot of you seem to have hoped. It was simply because it was his 3 year (leather) anniversary!

Spanking their way up the leaderboard here are @Confused Clarity, @DB08 and @Mr_Demus with a point each!

Wow - May is over already! Leaderboard to follow!

Archived