OTF Big Fat Quiz of the Year 2018

Wigmore

Hello OTF. It's the first day of December which can only mean one thing - back by mediocre demand it's time for the second annual OTF Big Fat Quiz of the Year! (apart from last year's edition which started on 2 December)

There are many questions to be answered over the course of the month. Quiz questions, yes, but other questions too. Can @sebsy become the first OTFer to successfully defend his Big Fat Quiz title, a feat yet to be achieved by anyone? Will @bdcuk improve upon his disappointing total of minus 39 points in 2017? Will @Gizzy make it through the whole quiz without getting banned from the forum this time? Who knows! And the cynics among you might say, who the **** cares!

Enough of the pleasantries, onto the rules:

• There will be 10 questions for each month of the year. We'll go month by month - I will do a deadline for each set of answers - normally 2-3 days but a longer period over Christmas, I'll then reveal the answers for that month and a running scoreboard. The final results will be revealed on 1 January 2019. If you miss a deadline, tough!
  • Please send your answers via PM to me. Don't reveal the answers to the questions in the thread before the deadline, dummy.
  • Please don't cheat. If you cheat, I will find out, and I will embarrass you in front of your online buddies.
  • A lot of questions reference forum members - for fairness, if you answer a question that references you by name incorrectly, you lose a point.
  • Please don't cheat.

Happy? Good. OK, on with the quiz.

Round 1 - JANUARY

1. We start this year's quiz with one of the stranger OTF moments of the year. A new user by the name of Jacqueline, who apparently is a primary school teacher, signed up to the forum in January specifically to ask if it bothers us that she doesn't let her children do what during lessons?

2. @Hodgy astutely noted in January that Snickers were running one of those promotions where the name "Snickers" on the chocolate bar itself was replaced with another word. For a point each, can you name the three names he got?

3. Where did it snow in January that @Mr Adam blamed on Brexit, Trump or the government?

4. Who was the subject of the first "RIP" post of 2018 on OTF?

5. What unusual new IKEA advertising strategy did @LilSaint describe as "a wee bit strange" in January?

6. What big news story in January did @SouthCoastRed predict would cause somebody to be sacked on Monday morning as a result?

7. OTF aficionados will know that @ham_aka_stam won a pair of trainers off of @Bliss Seeker in his Christmas quiz last year, which Bliss posted to him in January. For a point each, can you name the three things he posted to ham along with the trainers themselves?

8. Which sporting team did @bdcuk describe as "abysmal" in January?

9. A potential remake of what "sick" game caused widespread excitement on OTF in January?

10. OTF was polled on what they would like to happen to their body after they die in January. The options were burial, cremation, something different (frozen, sent to space etc.) or feed me to the pigs. What option won, and for a bonus point can you get the % who voted for winning option to within 5%?

You have until 7pm on Tuesday 4 December to submit your January answers! As stated above, please send me a PM with your answers for this round. I don't particularly care how you format it, as long as it's clear what your answers are to what question.

If you have any questions about the quiz or need advice on anything else (eg. relationships, career etc), please ask in the thread and I'll be happy to help.

:Bowen:

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 01/12/2018 at 12:21, Confused Clarity said:

You're assuming that @bdcuk is disappointed with his score? I thought he was quite proud of it?

Damn straight bro,

I was just disappointed not make it to -40.

My intention this year is to make Wigmore physically ill with my answers.  :brock:

Hello. Thank you for all of your entries so far, 13 at the moment. You have one day left to submit your January answers, the deadline is at 7pm tomorrow. And this ain't no Gizzy quiz, the deadline will be stuck to!

Tagging the following people who played last year but have yet to submit their answers for this round: @Barry Cartman @bdcuk @Confused Clarity @daylight @DB08 @Gazza D @gechal @georginho_juventusygr @Gizzy @JDownie @Pukey @Readingfanman @Recky_D @sebsy @SouthCoastRed @tfell @The_jagster @titchuk @toon_84

6 minutes ago, Readingfanman said:

Am on holiday at the moment, will try piece together 20 minutes today to enter!

No need to look at the questions in any detail - you may as well just guess anyway - that's pretty much what the rest of us did.

51 minutes ago, Wigmore said:

Hello. Thank you for all of your entries so far, 13 at the moment. You have one day left to submit your January answers, the deadline is at 7pm tomorrow. And this ain't no Gizzy quiz, the deadline will be stuck to!

Tagging the following people who played last year but have yet to submit their answers for this round: @Barry Cartman @bdcuk @Confused Clarity @daylight @DB08 @Gazza D @gechal @georginho_juventusygr @Gizzy @JDownie @Pukey @Readingfanman @Recky_D @sebsy @SouthCoastRed @tfell @The_jagster @titchuk @toon_84

I'm going to play, I've been busy this weekend with our family Xmas get together, I plan on doing answers tonight.

12 minutes ago, Confused Clarity said:

By guess, you mean find ways to cheat the system?

Ah CC - you are importing far more deviousness on the part of our OTF colleagues than I would ever dare to suggest.

Archived