Join the Football Manager 2019 Public Beta today!

• Administrators
Just now, divij13 said:

Does that include other Support duty strikers such as DLF(s) or only the F9?

Just the F9 for now as far as I'm aware. Would be worth checking to see if you've noticed any changes with any of those types of roles. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vor 4 Minuten schrieb Neil Brock:

Have you raised this issue on the public beta bugs forum with your example/save? 

How do i upload a Save ? Only allowed to upload like 9 MB here . 

Here's the post ive made . with some screens 

• Administrators
1 minute ago, wicksyFM said:

Excellent. Im a bit wary of starting a save with the beta version. What are the risks of me doing so. I've never took part in a public beta and I don't want to start and find out you have made further changes that means I need to start a new game. I could probably wait until this afternoon for the official patch 😉

You'll be fine to do so, especially at this stage of development. There's a chance there may be an issue in there which potentially affects the game going forward, similar to the pre-release beta (and hence the use of beta!) but it's very low risk. 

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, haffaz77 said:

How do i upload a Save ? Only allowed to upload like 9 MB here . 

Here's the post ive made . with some screens 

All the information can be found here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/670-public-beta-forum/

Thanks. 

Just now, Neil Brock said:

You'll be fine to do so, especially at this stage of development. There's a chance there may be an issue in there which potentially affects the game going forward, similar to the pre-release beta (and hence the use of beta!) but it's very low risk. 

Ok. I don't like the very low risk bit. That has stitched me up before. I was seeing a girl 10 years ago. She told me exactly the same about getting pregnant. Something to do with woman stuff. Happy Days I thought. Now I have two little twats interruping my FM time.

30 minutes ago, gpassosbh said:

Just a quick question. What you guys recommend for a regular FM player? Play with this public Beta version, or wait for this version to be released as retail version?

Public beta right now is in a better condition than the retail version imo.

• Administrators

We don't pre-announce updates for the full game but given we're still working on this version in test (for the public beta) no chance of a full update today. Or this week for that matter. 

If you want to try the latest version you'd have to do so via the public beta. 

3 hours ago, wicksyFM said:

With the 19.2.0 update does that fix the u18s and u23s in England not playing in the relavent league's despite accepting invitations to do so

3 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Yep. 

So an english club with no u23 team can get one in season two now?

31 minutes ago, pauly15 said:

Legends!

I read your excellent post in the ME bug forum regarding this matter, this alone proves SI really do listen to our feedback.

I just hope we get a big juicy update for through balls, central play and striker movement off the ball.

Slightly off topic I must say im very impressed with SI's communication and support for FM19. Its nice to see the community and SI working together so well. The public beta was such a positive and refreshing change!!

23 minutes ago, NabsKebabs said:

Wouldn't get your hopes up with the F9 role guys...it's still not playing as it should. All they've done is got rid off the PI "moves into channels." The role is still too static and doesn't drop deep. 

The point is they're listening and incrementally improving things. I think SI are the best in the industry at this. There are obviously ongoing issues with striker movement etc but as weller said it shows they're taking on feedback from a great community. 

52 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

I read your excellent post in the ME bug forum regarding this matter, this alone proves SI really do listen to our feedback.

I just hope we get a big juicy update for through balls, central play and striker movement off the ball.

Slightly off topic I must say im very impressed with SI's communication and support for FM19. Its nice to see the community and SI working together so well. The public beta was such a positive and refreshing change!!

Me too. It's obviously not simple and aspects of the ME aren't something easy to change in isolation. That said at least they're aware / trying. 

I'm surprised I haven't seen this mentioned, but there is a big problem with the way wingbacks defend in a 3 at the back system. I use ML and MR in my 3 at the back systems so I'm only noticing it now, it pertains to players in the WBL and WBR spots.

When you defend with a back 3 and the ball ends up out in the flanks, the ball side wingback is supposed to pressure the ball carrier while the weak side wingback tucks in to make a back 4. This leaves you with 4 at the back while allowing the wingbacks to be very aggressive in the press. This worked perfectly in FM18 and every iteration before.

In FM19 what's happening is the wingbacks are staying deep and sticking in a flat back 5 while usually a central midfielder gets dragged wide to pressure the ball carrier. Th is disrupts the entire shape of the midfield, while also leaving you with a flat back 5 which is totally unnecessary and overkill. Its happening for me regardless of pressing instructions.

First just like to say that the public beta is a great idea, so well done for that. I'm still noticing far too many goals from set pieces though, and struggling to score many at all from general open play. As previously stated, the false 9 position is still not dropping deep at all. I'm also noticing that the number of passes in general is still greatly down and can vary drastically from game to game - even when playing with possession based tactics.

15 minutes ago, RocheBag said:

I'm surprised I haven't seen this mentioned, but there is a big problem with the way wingbacks defend in a 3 at the back system. I use ML and MR in my 3 at the back systems so I'm only noticing it now, it pertains to players in the WBL and WBR spots.

When you defend with a back 3 and the ball ends up out in the flanks, the ball side wingback is supposed to pressure the ball carrier while the weak side wingback tucks in to make a back 4. This leaves you with 4 at the back while allowing the wingbacks to be very aggressive in the press. This worked perfectly in FM18 and every iteration before.

In FM19 what's happening is the wingbacks are staying deep and sticking in a flat back 5 while usually a central midfielder gets dragged wide to pressure the ball carrier. Th is disrupts the entire shape of the midfield, while also leaving you with a flat back 5 which is totally unnecessary and overkill. Its happening for me regardless of pressing instructions.

can you send some pkms and times here:

1 hour ago, NabsKebabs said:

Wouldn't get your hopes up with the F9 role guys...it's still not playing as it should. All they've done is got rid off the PI "moves into channels." The role is still too static and doesn't drop deep. 

That's a good start at least. One step at a time. Next step is dropping deep. At least to where an AMC would be.

But I think in general, the movement between the lines is where the ME problems are. I realize that it must be really difficult to get the coding right while they also introduced new tactical module.

I'm still playing on 19.1.5 official patch. And I have only one save going since the FM19 official release. Is it worth updating to this public beta ME? Is it more possession style friendly? 

8 minutes ago, yonko said:

That's a good start at least. One step at a time. Next step is dropping deep. At least to where an AMC would be.

But I think in general, the movement between the lines is where the ME problems are. I realize that it must be really difficult to get the coding right while they also introduced new tactical module.

I'm still playing on 19.1.5 official patch. And I have only one save going since the FM19 official release. Is it worth updating to this public beta ME? Is it more possession style friendly? 

Tested out a match with Man City to use Aguero as a false 9...watched in comprehensive and reviewed for quite a few minutes...didn't notice any notable changes (for the role or in general).

Just now, NabsKebabs said:

Tested out a match with Man City to use Aguero as a false 9...watched in comprehensive and reviewed for quite a few minutes...didn't notice any notable changes

So no changes at all? Not good then and not what I wanted to hear. Let me know how it goes after playing more matches.

How about the rest of the changes since the official patch. Worth updating?

5 minutes ago, NabsKebabs said:

Tested out a match with Man City to use Aguero as a false 9...watched in comprehensive and reviewed for quite a few minutes...didn't notice any notable changes (for the role or in general).

It's the lock on move into channels that's been removed. They haven't resolved wider issues with striker movement and role differentiations

2 minutes ago, yonko said:

So no changes at all? Not good then and not what I wanted to hear. Let me know how it goes after playing more matches.

How about the rest of the changes since the official patch. Worth updating?

The main problem in the game has probably been the amount of goals from corners...obviously I'm not sure how well that's been fixed since I've only played one game but assuming it has as they stated "further tweaks to corner defending" that would probably be worth the update.  

6 minutes ago, NabsKebabs said:

Shouldn't you maybe watch the match in full and watch more than one match to make a determination?

1 minute ago, pauly15 said:

It's the lock on move into channels that's been removed. They haven't resolved wider issues with striker movement and role differentiations

Yeah, I already acknowledged that change. It's not like you could actually notice the F9 moving into channels in the first place anyway, pretty much played (and still does) like a static target man...

1 minute ago, Becanes said:

Shouldn't you maybe watch the match in full and watch more than one match to make a determination?

It was quite clear that no change had been made, and I did some extra reviewing after the game to confirm anyway. If I have time, I may post with examples in one of the threads that already highlighted the issue. 

15 minutes ago, yonko said:

19.2 is considerably better in terms of movement and passing decisions

12 minutes ago, Mitja said:

the more people ask for changes in beta ME forum, more likely it will be looked at. there's much more to player off the ball movement than just F9 role... 

Absolutely this. There's little point posting here saying X isn't working right, because ultimately, without PKMs, there's not much they can actually check.

Maybe they have seen it, maybe they havent. But the best way to be sure, is to create threads and back it up

@pauly15 I think it's been noted about deeper movement for the False 9. I know Rashidi has noted the DLF/CF/F9 all act too similarly as support roles.

I've currently created a new tactic just to work on the F9 movement. Neil has mentioned elsewhere that there wont be a full release of 19.2 this week, so if you've got examples now is definitely the time for creating them

1 hour ago, Mitja said:

the more people ask for changes in beta ME forum, more likely it will be looked at. there's much more to player off the ball movement than just F9 role... 

Agreed. I think we have identified two key issues in the beta bug forum resulting in poor central play:

1. Poor off the ball movement by the forward three (me1918 provides a small step forward when using IF's) and especially when playing with two strikers

2. Poor turning and lingering on the ball by central midfielders are preventing them to either be able to give a central directed pass or to have time to do it.

(For a big part) due to these factors the AMC has been practically useless in terms of being the dictating creative force with the genious through balls. This situation has persisted in all ME versions.

The striker's still quite advanced no matter what duty you give him.  Play is built centrally until around his phase of the transition then the central players switch the ball to one of the flanks because the striker is not a passing option. For example, in this picture, Kane's a DLF on support.

YxyFHmM.jpg

4 minutes ago, Armistice said:

The striker's still quite advanced no matter what duty you give him.  Play is built centrally until around his phase of the transition then the central players switch the ball to one of the flanks because the striker is not a passing option. For example, in this picture, Kane's a DLF on support.

YxyFHmM.jpg

That's the kind of thing Rashidi is talking about, he needs to be working off the DM.

I may be wrong on this one, but just a thought after watching several matches: Are the CB's sticking with the central forwards for too long in certain situations? I have seen multiple times that when an attacking midfielder or a central midfielder gets passed his marker and continues dribbling towards the penalty box, the CB's seem to almost ignore them  and they rather allow them to keep dribbling and take a shot while they stick with the central forwards, instead of making an attempt to block them. If they would, that would mean they leave the forwards some room, but they don't, so the dribbler goes for the obvious option. Any thoughts from those who are focused on the forwards' movement?

7 minutes ago, Armistice said:

YxyFHmM.jpg

Agreed, that is indeed the same issue as I explained into detail, (with the help of some others active posters like @Mitja  and quite a few others, and much later on Rashidi as well) in the thread on Off the Ball Movement in bugs forum since1.  November. Unfortunately the issue still persists.

However even when the striker is in sight of the ball carrier, the ball carriers often does not seem to be able to reach him due to the way the ball carrier is physically positioned. When he receives the ball from players behind him he often only turns 1/2 to 3/4 which results in him facing the wing players instead of the central players.

Archived