Football Manager 2019 Touch Official Feedback Thread

• SI Staff

As we've now released FM19 Touch on Steam, iOS & Android we would love to hear your feedback.

Any initial impressions and thoughts about this years game can go here, but if you have any bugs to report please post them in the AndroidiOS & PC/Mac bugs pages.

We hope you enjoy your Football Management journey this year and look forward to hearing your story!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said in the thread that lead to the creation of this thread :) ................The M.E. looks fantastic on my Huawei M5, really smooth. Think this is the year I finally stick with 3D instead of reverting to 2.D. Love playing the Bundesliga as well........ 

The thing I'm really enjoying though are the new generic tactics (Gegen Press etc......) Really helpful for the tactically challenged like me........

No negatives I can think of so far.....good Job.

The in match UI still looks rubbish on my samsung tab s3, exactly like with FMT 18. No detailed graphics, lags on some cameras / angles and the most annoying - often some white flash passes over the screen. I reported this back on FMT 18, looks like nobody took care. Big dislike. Refunding...

Good first impression. But one major problem. Do you have to pay through Steam for in-app purchases? I don’t need to use the cross sync but selected it anyway, not realising i would have a nightmare logging into Steam. I still cant through the game (can log in to Steam on laptop app) so can’t make an in app purchase. Can i delete and reload the game and opt of sync and hence Steam or am i destined to be cursed with that?

Looks like I'm back :cool:

Downloaded the demo and was immediately reminded why it suits me so much better than the Sim mode. Was also admiring @Lucas's save from afar, so let's see how things go. I've bought the full version of Touch and I'm just starting as Atletico Madrid and I'll Instant Result my way through until I'm ready to move elsewhere. Have ambitions of going to Brazil or Argentina once the newgens are in full swing. This is definitely the best FM for a good 3 or 4 years, so should be fun!

I'm playing on Android (Nvidia Shield K1).

It definitely feels like a step up from previous versions. I've only played a few quick challenges to get a feel for it but everything appears to be more responsive while the interface is intuitive and a good use of screen real estate (my tablet is 8").

I was dubious about the tactical overhaul but the playing styles are very distinct and it makes it easy to quickly create your own approach. The move to being able to adjust your mentality in possession, in transition and off the ball is a good one and you can see opposing styles reflected in games.

The thing I found most striking are the games (3D). The easiest way to describe the change is games are more unpredictable. There are more turnovers through tackling, pressing and poor passes. There are more deflections and ricochets. The keepers spill the ball back into play more. It leads to more moves breaking down and teams scrambling to retrieve the ball. This is particularly pleasing when you get a bit of chaos in the box when the ball is spilled out, deflected or hits the woodwork. In prior versions this would be a simple binary case of defender clears or attacker gets the rebound. This time there seems to be more variables involved (or at least rendered) which makes watching games more realistic.

I'm impressed particularly given how smooth the entire experience is on what is an older tablet. Good job.

Edit: Forget to mention the vanishing spray is a nice touch!

Edited by Guthrie
Adding vanishing spray comment

PC user here. From a performance point of view, transitions between screens are even smoother, something I noticed in the full version as well. As far as I'm aware, my eyesight hasn't gotten worse, but because of some of the text with a smaller font, this year I have to play with a +150% zoom compared to the +125 of the last few years (playing on a 2560x1440 monitor). Oh well :)

Regarding gameplay, again a fantastic Touch version, probably the best one of the series so far. There is really nothing else to be said: streamlined, less bulky, same depth of the full version when it comes to tactics and transfers. With a slightly bigger leap of your imagination, you can still create your stories and relantionships with your players and the gaming world in general. After all, that's what we all did back in the day in ChampMan or the earlier versions of FM. 

Having said that, I continue to stand by my opinion that a couple things could be ported over from the full version:

- Pre-game editor (I'm aware that there are technical limitations when it comes to tablets and/or crossplay; but hey, hopefully they can be overcome, sooner or later)

- Just like in the old CMs, very quick interactions with the players; I'm not talking about conversations, just a "praise player" (in public or private) button  or an "encourage/get angry" (again in public or private) one after a bad performance.

- Half-time team talk (that's it, not even individual ones, pre or post or match shouts, nothing of that).

I'm happy to see the positive feedback so far. I have a lot less free time this year so I will start a career for the first time on the touch version. I always delegate secondary tasks to the Ass Man so this switch shouldn't make me miss anything special. If the Touch version is seen as very enjoyable and faster, then I think I'll enjoy it just as much as the full game. If things go smoothly I'll create a thread in the Careers forum :) 

I haven't got the game yet, so just seeking feedback from users who are already playing FMT19 on tablet...

Transfer history used ti disappear for past seasons in the past. Is this still the case in FMT19, or can you now look back on transfer history for clubs like in the full game?

Thanks for any info.

Loving it so far.

Installed original logos, player faces and real name fix without issues.

One thing though: How do I change the set piece takers? Holding and dragging the player name doesn´t do anything...

And: Can anyone recommend playing it with a stylus for better responsiveness? 

Overall I can say, that is this year's FMT impressive but there is one thing that bother a lot of users at this stage - you cannot chose manager reputation at the start of the save. For us, that like to start the game with the lowest possible reputation is this really frustrating.

Hope that this will be solved quickly.

Bit more personal feedback on my experiences with FMT:

Morale:

It feels very difficult on FMT to swing the pendulum back when morale turns against you. In my current game I took over at Lanskrona mid-season during their first year in the Swedish First Division Elite, the expectations were merely to stay up. Yet players never seemed happy achieving this goal. It was very much the case the squad was spending its time with the confidence segment between 15-30% and being deeply concerning. It took me the best part of nearly 18 months to figure out how to turn it around on FM this time because nothing was really building/improving morale. 

On one hand I can understand it being this way, but I wasn't at a team expecting to win every match. I don't feel its quite right that a newly promoted club has such poor morale for generally achieving what they set out to achieve. In the end I just ended up forcing out the vast majority of the team, getting rid of players trying to get some fresher faces in who reacted better to a good pre-season and weren't on a huge negative downtrend of morale after one adverse result.

It feels like there needs to be something (not the conversation system mind) for the player to prompt rather than awaiting an unreliable team meeting message arriving one day. I can't really say what would be best, I just know it feels very frustrating because I know the game has the tools to allow me to try and manage/turn this around in the main game but I was sat there with little to no options at hand besides trying to win games. 

It also feels like this has been further impacted by the removal of the "team cohesion" training. I won't claim absolute knowledge of the new training system, but it seems the loss of this option has really weakened a players options on the morale front. Even if cohesion didn't improve morale, it was very much a "go to" for me when playing the game as a way to try and mitigate the potential impacts of bad morale.

6 hours ago, uroszila said:

Overall I can say, that is this year's FMT impressive but there is one thing that bother a lot of users at this stage - you cannot chose manager reputation at the start of the save. For us, that like to start the game with the lowest possible reputation is this really frustrating.

Hope that this will be solved quickly.

My question is : how the bugs like this, which can be spotted easily, pass QA?

Edited by oleg8979

Overall I'm fairly enjoying the game- I think its a step up from FM 18 but so far not quiet as good as Fm 17. Here are my two main issues:

1. Injuries still- the game is meant to be enjoyable and having every season where there is an injury crisis and my most in form player always getting injured takes away from this.

2. I play commentary only and there are loads of "ghost" goals which just appear and the commentary text just comes up with a random goal with no explanation.

If these were sorted out then I think it would be the best FM touch so far.

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, kingjericho said:

Is "add/remove leagues" feature available on FMT?

If you remove nation and league restrictions (PC only) then yes.

On 06/11/2018 at 21:25, bennys said:

Overall I'm fairly enjoying the game- I think its a step up from FM 18 but so far not quiet as good as Fm 17. Here are my two main issues:

1. Injuries still- the game is meant to be enjoyable and having every season where there is an injury crisis and my most in form player always getting injured takes away from this.

2. I play commentary only and there are loads of "ghost" goals which just appear and the commentary text just comes up with a random goal with no explanation.

If these were sorted out then I think it would be the best FM touch so far.

I agree. I have gone back to my touch18 save because the ghost goal situation is so annoying.

I really like the new version of FM Touch.

The Match is very much improved with the new animations. They also dont play stupid moves over and over again so you can watch the more detailed highlights. You did a great job here.

You can also give the boring work to the assistent, which is great. They dont give contracts to high star talents, saying there is no potential. Stars means nothing but is it a bit wasty to let them go?

I dont like the missing editor and the missing german amateur leagues, but thank you for giving back the third division.

The new tactics dont work for me, even with fitting teams. There is a chance that im too stupid, but i have to still use my only style which seems to work and i cannot have other saves with different playstyles.

Last year on Ipad the contract negotiation was not very comfortable so i wont buy this version but i really looking forward for switch version. Hope you release it very soon.

I started a save on FMT to save time, but I found some small things that show a lack of attention to details that FMT lacks from the developers.

• Individual training schedules mention role and duty, something which was removed from FM (full) two years ago IIRC;
  • Inability not to highlight attributes on the player screen;
  • League table always shows "overview" by default instead of "stage";
  • Inability to mas attributes which makes scouting very basic.

In conclusion I still think I prefer FM (full) even with the added work, some of which I find dispensable.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, kingjericho said:

Inability to mas attributes which makes scouting very basic.

This is an unlockable.

On 10/11/2018 at 10:48, kingjericho said:

I started a save on FMT to save time, but I found some small things that show a lack of attention to details that FMT lacks from the developers.

• Individual training schedules mention role and duty, something which was removed from FM (full) two years ago IIRC;
  • Inability not to highlight attributes on the player screen;
  • League table always shows "overview" by default instead of "stage";
  • Inability to mas attributes which makes scouting very basic.

In conclusion I still think I prefer FM (full) even with the added work, some of which I find dispensable.

Scouting is broken when you mask attributes so I wouldn't recommend using it anyway. Scouting knowledge doesn't increase after initial scouting report.

Between that and players not returning back for pre-season training, I'm finding FMT pretty much unplayable tbh. Hoping these are fixed soon and not left for the January update. 

hace 1 hora, Colorado dijo:

Scouting is broken when you mask attributes so I wouldn't recommend using it anyway. Scouting knowledge doesn't increase after initial scouting report.

Between that and players not returning back for pre-season training, I'm finding FMT pretty much unplayable tbh. Hoping these are fixed soon and not left for the January update. 

Agree 100%.

Can't play until these two bug are solve... :(

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Loren1983 said:

19.1.4 and the same bugs: Training doesn't Works and Attribute masking is still broken… :(:(:(:(:(

Training should appear again once you're in the season a few weeks. It did for me. 

hace 14 minutos, Lucas dijo:

Training should appear again once you're in the season a few weeks. It did for me. 

So the fix is to loose weeks of training until the game wants to show it?? really Lucas?? 

I have simulate 3 weeks and nothing appear in training screen.

I tought something as important as this will be fixed in the first patch.

I don't know what happened this year but… :thdn: Very dissapointed. I have playing CM/FM last 20 years and I have no complained never, but this year, at this moment (14 november), I can`t play my favorite game. Almost 2 weeks since the release date. :(

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, Loren1983 said:

So the fix is to loose weeks of training until the game wants to show it?? really Lucas?? 

It's not a fix, and I didn't say that. They are still training during this time, and the UI will sort itself.

hace 13 minutos, Lucas dijo:

It's not a fix, and I didn't say that. They are still training during this time, and the UI will sort itself.

I understand what are you saying Lucas, but I am very dissapointed this year with FMT. It seems like SIGAMES don't care about this game and only focus on FM.

I know the players are still training, but we can't see their performance...

I agree game was very poor this year:

-Transfersystem in the Netherlands is broken (both incoming and outgoing transfers of Ajax & PSV are bonkers)

-Training bug

-Ghost goals

-Manager reputation is gone

-Game is taking care of reserves automaticaly

-Youth intake is broken

Guys, come on, what is fixed already? Game was really poor and a lot of bugs have been pointed out in the BETA before the official release.. 

Did not even start my game, because I am waiting for things to get fixed.. Kind of feel dissapointed i bought it this years. How on earth can FMT 2017 be much better than FMT 2019??

Edited by Samelders

7 hours ago, Samelders said:

-Transfersystem in the Netherlands is broken (both incoming and outgoing transfers of Ajax & PSV are bonkers)

-Training bug

-Ghost goals

-Youth intake is broken

Guys, come on, what is fixed already? Game was really poor and a lot of bugs have been pointed out in the BETA before the official release.. 

Did not even start my game, because I am waiting for things to get fixed.. Kind of feel dissapointed i bought it this years. How on earth can FMT 2017 be much better than FMT 2019??

I'm also very disappointed with this year's FMT and sorry to say this, but I also regret that I bought it. So many bugs already known in the beta phase but none of them solved 2 weeks after the full release.

And if I look at the updates on previous years, we will need to wait at least 2 weeks more for a major update. So frustrating...

Edited by uroszila

1 hour ago, uroszila said:

I'm also very disappointed with this year's FMT and sorry to say this, but I also regret that I bought it. So many bugs already known in the beta phase but none of them solved 2 weeks after the full release.

And if I look at the updates on previous years, we will need to wait at least 2 weeks more for a major update. So frustrating...

Better wait for last update, March 2019. Before that I wll play fmt 18

• Administrators
2 hours ago, oleg8979 said:

But the game is simply unplayable until the last update. Year after year

No its not. 

10 hours ago, Lucas said:

No its not. 

May be for you its not, but for me - even after last update it is unfinished and still contains bugs. But at least playable. And the major issue : look onto changelist of last 19.1.4 version for example - there are some fixes that force player to start new save. I like long saves (20-25 seasons) and have no time and intention to start new save because of some bug that may ruin the save in the long term and get a fix in one of updates (but its too late for me), so I will wait for the last one. Last year, for example, I noticed that the regen face and look on his avatar don't match how he looks in-match in 3D (even sometimes the skin color is different), I reported it but nobody fixed. It quite ruined for me the pleasure to play the game but it is still playable, OK. So I play the 80%-90% finished product, its OK in comparison to how it looks on release date.

Edited by oleg8979

After messing about with Atletico Madrid, I've decided to embark on an Instant Result only save. Started unemployed and loaded up every non-European league plus the main European ones. Starting out at Selangor in Malaysia and decided to use an outlandish 3-4-3 for downright fun. Leaks like a sieve and scores for fun. Have been in charge for four games - 22 goals in total so far (not all for me!)

And we've won the league on the last day! Johor cracked at home against a team we tonked 6-3.

Screenshot 2018-11-17 at 18.51.33.png

On 15/11/2018 at 12:17, Samelders said:

-Training bug

-Ghost goals

-Youth intake is broken

On 15/11/2018 at 19:44, uroszila said:

Soooo ... I should stick with FMT 18 for now, then? 

hace 2 horas, Footix dijo:

Soooo ... I should stick with FMT 18 for now, then? 

In my opinion, today (19/11/2018) YES.

I love this game but this year there are too many bugs. Beta release day was 1 month ago and today there are some important bugs that do the experience worst than other years. 

I hope SIGAMES release a new patch this week or soon because this is going on for too long. :thdn: