Portugal - Spain, 19BST

GunmaN1905

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, JDownie said:

Spain aren't a team to be feared imo.

Big names sure, but they aren't in great form... certainly not expecting them to smash Portugal here. Don't even think they'll have more chances than Portugal tbph. 

You called it mate!

:D

Just now, GunmaN1905 said:

Bbbbut muh parity and exotic teams.

It's funny that you think Holland Vs. Italy would serve up much more quality than the likes of Russia Vs. Saudi Arabia.

All four teams are pretty terrible and, truth be told, if the WC wasn't in Russia they probably wouldn't be there. 

Your argument that "exotic teams" don't belong is embarrassing. You want a World Cup where we invite the European and South American teams, maybe Mexico and USA, one or two African sides like Senegal. The rest can get in the bin. What a world you live in.

1 minute ago, JDownie said:

I mean... it's 1-1 and Portugal should have been 2-0 up :D It's been a very even game in terms of chances so far. Both teams only have 1 shot on target...

But Spain have been better. No doubt.

2 minutes ago, JDownie said:

It's funny that you think Holland Vs. Italy would serve up much more quality than the likes of Russia Vs. Saudi Arabia.

All four teams are pretty terrible and, truth be told, if the WC wasn't in Russia they probably wouldn't be there. 

Your argument that "exotic teams" don't belong is embarrassing. You want a World Cup where we invite the European and South American teams, maybe Mexico and USA, one or two African sides like Senegal. The rest can get in the bin. What a world you live in.

Offtopic:

Spoiler

Doesn't have to be Italy or Netherlands.
Any team that's better than those amateurs we saw.
Even Wales-Paraguay would be better.

I just said, instead of usual play-offs, make it intercontinental. Like Ocenia vs South/Central America right now.
If  Asian teams beat Europeans, so be it. If South Americans beat Central Americans, fair.

And no, I don't want USA at any tournament. I'd rather have Indonesia and  Madagascar.

Just now, Baptista_8 said:

But Spain have been better. No doubt.

Of course, but was anybody expecting Portugal to control the game? This game is going more or less how Portugal would have expected, barring maybe conceding such a poor goal from their perspective. 

2 minutes ago, JDownie said:

I mean... it's 1-1 and Portugal should have been 2-0 up :D It's been a very even game in terms of chances so far. Both teams only have 1 shot on target...

Spain have had twice as many shots, 70% possession, I think they are doing a bit better at this point and certainly a team to be feared.

Archived