Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

I designed a team (basically a Harlem Globetrotters style all-star squad), verified it in the editor, went to start a new game...not only does the game say it's not verified but I'm unable to manage my team (whether that's while loading the game or applying for the job after the game has started). Have I done something wrong, missed something or some combination of the two?

Team select.png

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the plus side I figured that out (I made a similar mistake with the all-star checkbox as someone else), but now I've hit another problem: apparently I've disabled both English cups and any league below the PL and I don't know how or what can be done to correct this :-/

I've obviously mucked up the editor somewhere, because I've played one game with my custom Premier League and this is the result, as you can see I've not sorted the columns, this is the default view (this is a little demoralising cos I want this to work but everytime I fix one problem another one appears)

Odd Table.png

Hiya, for FM2022 I'm going to be working on an editor file that fills out all the 3 levels of the Japanese J-League with 'generic' fake players, i.e. I'll just give them a name, a nationality and a contract. I'll probably give them all a fixed date of birth and CA/PA/rep as well (so that they show up in the game without having to manually select Japanese players to show up), and possibly positions (I'll have the game generate all these for me). I wouldn't go through all this trouble, but I think with a project like this it'd be worth releasing it here or on the Steam workshop, perhaps as a hold-over until someone releases a file with all the real J-league players. The consistency would probably be nice so that people have a similar experience, and I can give some advice and pinpoint players with a high PA, and so on.

Only reason I bother is because without a pipeline of players in the domestic leagues the Japanese national team and the Japanese clubs that play in the AFC Champions League are much, much less competitive than they are in reality.

I'm thinking I should probably add staff to these clubs too, but I'm having trouble deciding how many staff members a team should have, which ones, etc. Do I simply give them all a manager, an assman, a chairman and some directors, a few coaches and some scouts? It's not quite as simple as giving them squads, because I'll simply give every club a complement of 36 players (J-League matchday squads have 18 players, so I simply multiplied that by two), whereas different levels of clubs would have better or worse depth in terms of staff members, surely? I could use some advice!

Edited by g00dman

On 10/06/2021 at 14:53, g00dman said:

Hiya, for FM2022 I'm going to be working on an editor file that fills out all the 3 levels of the Japanese J-League with 'generic' fake players, i.e. I'll just give them a name, a nationality and a contract. I'll probably give them all a fixed date of birth and CA/PA/rep as well (so that they show up in the game without having to manually select Japanese players to show up), and possibly positions (I'll have the game generate all these for me). I wouldn't go through all this trouble, but I think with a project like this it'd be worth releasing it here or on the Steam workshop, perhaps as a hold-over until someone releases a file with all the real J-league players. The consistency would probably be nice so that people have a similar experience, and I can give some advice and pinpoint players with a high PA, and so on.

Only reason I bother is because without a pipeline of players in the domestic leagues the Japanese national team and the Japanese clubs that play in the AFC Champions League are much, much less competitive than they are in reality.

I'm thinking I should probably add staff to these clubs too, but I'm having trouble deciding how many staff members a team should have, which ones, etc. Do I simply give them all a manager, an assman, a chairman and some directors, a few coaches and some scouts? It's not quite as simple as giving them squads, because I'll simply give every club a complement of 36 players (J-League matchday squads have 18 players, so I simply multiplied that by two), whereas different levels of clubs would have better or worse depth in terms of staff members, surely? I could use some advice!

It would be great if you could auto-populate teams with regens in the editor. It would basically be the same thing that happens when you start the game and it adds players and staff, but you can have a consistent database to share.

1 hour ago, UKFA said:

It would be great if you could auto-populate teams with regens in the editor. It would basically be the same thing that happens when you start the game and it adds players and staff, but you can have a consistent database to share.

Agreed! This is essentially a stepping stone towards doing that (albeit with a lot more manual input!). I actually made the suggestion that a whole new game mode could be done that populates the whole game with newgens. Would be a fresh experience!

Edited by g00dman

20 hours ago, g00dman said:

Agreed! This is essentially a stepping stone towards doing that (albeit with a lot more manual input!). I actually made the suggestion that a whole new game mode could be done that populates the whole game with newgens. Would be a fresh experience!

At the least let us fill made up clubs to auto-filled with the same newgens, without influencing existing teams. :)

This is not about the editor itself, but how can I make a simple change to the Portuguese translation? It's purely a OCD thing, but translations for Youth teams are wrong in Portuguese. Chelsea U21s translates to Chelsea Sub-21 and Chelsea U20s would translate to Chelsea Sub-20. Both are correct, but with U19s it doesn't follow the same pattern: Chelsea U19s becomes Sub-19 do Chelsea, something like "U19s of Chelsea". This obviously has no effect in the game, but I like to make spreadsheets that include results from my Youth team and because of this I can't keep a pattern there. Is there any way to change this?

On 11/06/2021 at 19:54, g00dman said:

I've never used it, but i assumed the 'use Fake Players' does something like that? It would also be great if you can save your save file as an editor file. But probably a bit of a nightmare on the coding end of that..

4 hours ago, UKFA said:

I've never used it, but i assumed the 'use Fake Players' does something like that? It would also be great if you can save your save file as an editor file. But probably a bit of a nightmare on the coding end of that..

"Use fake players" just 'masks' all the real players under fake names. Sometimes it'll change their DOB or their nationality or something but they're still based on the real players. I'd love one that builds a full database from the ground up. I put a request in for it last year, hopefully SI liked the idea! :D

Testing competitions without verification does not cause any problems, does it?

I'm doing a lot of testing (with the editor) without verifying the file first to save time. I hope this does not cause errors simply because it is not validated.

Few questions about editing via EDT and LNC. 

When I want to add potential future chairmen in EDT file, which club name should I enter? Short one or full? Or it doesn't matter? Cincinnati or FC Cincinnati, GDF or Guayana Defence Force, etc...

Also, I changed names of some clubs through LNC file. For example, I renamed Red Star Belgrade into Crvena Zvezda.

So, when I want to add future chairmen, should I write Red Star or Crvena Zvezda? Or it doesn't matter?

It would be easier if they made it to work with club IDs instead of names...

Also, does their age have any impact? If I made future chairmen to have let's say 20 years (in order to lasts longer)  at first season, do I need to wait till he turns 50 or 60 before game takes him into consideration for takeover?

Edited by Prokopije

Hello,

I'm having trouble when I created a custom database and put it the editor data file then went on to football manager 2020 but it said no editor data files. I have cleared cache and reinstalled, but it still won't show.

On 06/06/2021 at 18:32, edmund_graham said:

I've obviously mucked up the editor somewhere, because I've played one game with my custom Premier League and this is the result, as you can see I've not sorted the columns, this is the default view (this is a little demoralising cos I want this to work but everytime I fix one problem another one appears)

How did you add your team? If you just swapped them with an existing team then there shouldn't be any problems.

Did you delete the team that you removed? Or edit the nation rules in any way?

Sorry if this has been asked already, but is there a editor file that removes the September 2020 start to the season and just allows the season to start regularly in August, like in pre-Covid times? I want to start a new save but don't want to start in September and have the fixture pileup

21 hours ago, ronaldo1026 said:

Sorry if this has been asked already, but is there a editor file that removes the September 2020 start to the season and just allows the season to start regularly in August, like in pre-Covid times? I want to start a new save but don't want to start in September and have the fixture pileup

Probably it could be changed in advanced rules in editor but if you don't have an experience with editing - I'm not recommending doing anything this year, editor is quite buggy.

Hi guys,

Just a quick one, what is the lowest ranked European playable league(s), and then team(s) within that league?

Is there a link to where this information would be?

Cheers!

11 hours ago, LetsNotScoreGoals said:

What's the difference between Teams and Teams For Next Season?

it's for league expansions like MLS I guess.

On 25/06/2021 at 15:25, rusty217 said:

How did you add your team? If you just swapped them with an existing team then there shouldn't be any problems.

Did you delete the team that you removed? Or edit the nation rules in any way?

I overwrote the original team (maybe that's where I fell foul of it). As for the nation rules, not that I remember, I did muck around with the rules where you verify the database but since that was a test I didn't think that would affect the game proper. Admittedly this is the first time I've tried editing a FM database to put a new team in so maybe I should've done more research first

13 hours ago, Bigpole said:

1.jpeg

Unfortunately.

I'm trying to do something simpler now — replacing teams in the top 5 English divisions with teams from elsewhere. But I'm encountering a problem with the youth teams, specifically U23 Division 3, when trying to verify changes. It's saying there are too many teams. I think what's happening is the new teams and old teams are somehow in there, but it doesn't make sense. In the database there's 20 — which is how much it wants — but in the "registered teams" there's 18 from the old one (bringing the number to 38, which is how much it's saying there is currently). How do I fix this? I've tried clearing the registered teams but no dice. This is annoying. I don't know how you guys put up with this.

EDIT: Well I never figured it out but I just deleted the entire division and that solved it... I guess the lesson learnt is that there can be no problem if you just delete the entire problem-causing league? Would be nice to know what was the actual issue though...

Edited by LetsNotScoreGoals

On 01/07/2021 at 18:18, edmund_graham said:

I overwrote the original team (maybe that's where I fell foul of it). As for the nation rules, not that I remember, I did muck around with the rules where you verify the database but since that was a test I didn't think that would affect the game proper. Admittedly this is the first time I've tried editing a FM database to put a new team in so maybe I should've done more research first

Overwriting the team shouldn't have caused any problems.

It could have been the mucking around with the rules and verifying the database that messed things up. If that was on the same database file then you should just be able to click on "Rules" at the top and choose "Remove Rules" and then save the file. That should leave just your team changes so you can start a new game and hopefully all should work correctly.

If it was a separate file then the issue could just be that FM includes all new editor files by default. So go to start a new game, click the database drop-down at the top right on the first screen and make sure the test file is un-ticked (plus any others you don't want).

1 hour ago, rusty217 said:

Overwriting the team shouldn't have caused any problems.

It could have been the mucking around with the rules and verifying the database that messed things up. If that was on the same database file then you should just be able to click on "Rules" at the top and choose "Remove Rules" and then save the file. That should leave just your team changes so you can start a new game and hopefully all should work correctly.

If it was a separate file then the issue could just be that FM includes all new editor files by default. So go to start a new game, click the database drop-down at the top right on the first screen and make sure the test file is un-ticked (plus any others you don't want).

I'll give it a shot, thanks

I want to make Micronesia playable in the World Cup Qualifiers, is it just as easy as ticking the "Worldwide Governing Body Full Member" box? I have done that and started a new game and seen that they now have a ranking - 212th (bottom), whereas before they never had a ranking at all, just like the other nations who are no full members.

However, they have not been added to any international competitions. Will they be added for the next one? I am currently holidaying to see, but it would save me a great deal of wasted time if someone could give me a definitive answer please.

Could anyone please walk me through how to view the TV money allocation for LaLiga in the pre-game editor ? I'm not looking to change it, just to learn how it's allocated.
So far I've managed going to : Nation rules - Spain -> Advanced rules -> LaLiga -> TV Money
There I can see a parameter ticked to say that TV money is handed out 50% at start then the rest on a per game basis. Then by going to Additional Helpers, I see a "Spanish Initial TV Money" line, which I suspect sets how much money each team gets, but I can't seem to find where to view the details for that.

Any clues ?

Anyone have any idea how I can make Great Britain playable in the Olympics in FM21like they were in FM12. I have found Great Britain on the editor but have no idea! Would be classssss

9 hours ago, jridz96 said:

Anyone have any idea how I can make Great Britain playable in the Olympics in FM21like they were in FM12. I have found Great Britain on the editor but have no idea! Would be classssss

I think you'd have to muck around with the Olympics in the advanced editor. IIRC occasionally it will make England hosts and their U23 team is automatically Team GB.

As an alternative in the basic editor you could make a Commonwealth Games and make it a U-23 tournament, including England should make it team GB

I'm trying to create a British Cup, but whenever I test the competition, it says it's only found 92 teams for the first round instead of 124. How can I see what's missing / fix this?

Also -- how do you get continental rules to draw from specific competitions (say, cup winners) rather than just "best in nation"?

britcup.fmf

How can I remove VAR from the English Premier League? 

I have tried removing it, but under disciplinary rules it still shows VAR will be used? (I have not yet tested in game as I am new to the editor and didn't want to play lots of games to see if VAR would appear). 

Does anyone that has removed VAR have the same screen?

8aedcdf5048e10dba81608a9da100995.png

I'm sure this has been asked before, maybe 100s of times, but I am creating my own nation from an existing nation, but I want all of the new gen players (or fake players if I have that option turned on) to have English / UK names and not names from the overwritten nation. How do I achieve this?

With the pre game editor I want Eriksen to retire the 30 june 2021. My question is: if I go in Person data > Retirements and I'll set that date, will he automatically retire even from the National team? Because I have seen there are other options in Details > International Retirements/International Retirements Date.
And if I want he will retire later from the national team let's say for example the 31 july 2021 how can I do it? 

Edited by ParanoidBuddha

5 hours ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

With the pre game editor I want Eriksen to retire the 30 june 2021. My question is: if I go in Person data > Retirements and I'll set that date, will he automatically retire even from the National team? Because I have seen there are other options in Details > International Retirements/International Retirements Date.
And if I want he will retire later from the national team let's say for example the 31 july 2021 how can I do it? 

answered in your thread:)

On 22/07/2021 at 21:19, DeadZone said:

Is it possible to create monthly awards?

I can't seem to see a monthly option in time period, only weekly, season, yearly, etc

Find existing monthly award, duplicate it and change duplicate to your liking.

Speaking about awards... Is it possible to limit award only for certain persons? For example, if I want to create crybaby of the year award, is it possible to include only known crybabies as C. Ronalo, Neymar, etc, so that award circulates only in specific circle of potential winners???

Edited by Prokopije

Hi, 

What am I doing wrong? I'm trying to create a club but I seem to be missing some off the information, Ive followed videos etc, when they add club it says relationships etc down the side. I do not get this option, I've created a stadium but can't link it to the club I've created. 

I'm sure it's something simple. 

IMG_20210725_181017.jpg

On 25/07/2021 at 19:15, Richardjack said:

Hi, 

What am I doing wrong? I'm trying to create a club but I seem to be missing some off the information, Ive followed videos etc, when they add club it says relationships etc down the side. I do not get this option, I've created a stadium but can't link it to the club I've created. 

I'm sure it's something simple. 

IMG_20210725_181017.jpg

active fields in left down corner ticked or unticked?

Hello fellow managers, i wanted to change rules for Serbian Super League as they changed it this season, its some simple rules about squad selection and number of teams is reduced...Rules are:
-At least 1 U21 player must be on the pitch for the whole game
-Only 4 foreign players can be in first 11 but as much as you like on the bench (only 4 can be on the field at the same time to be precise)
-Var is added to Serbian league
-League is reduced from 20 clubs to 16
-Only 2 teams get relegated, first 2 in lower division are promoted and 13. and 14. play against 3. and 4. in lower division for relegation or promotion

I cant seem to find these options in editor..

Trying to add real fixtures in the game, but after the ticking the 'Use Specified Fixtures' box, nothing happens - according to guides ticking that box should then open the Fixtures tab.

Am I doing something wrong?

My team is Grimsby Town and I have a problem with a player we have just signed, and who I want to put in my present squad.  His name is Max Crocombe and he has been playing for Melbourne Victory in Australia and also is presently the Goalkeeper in the New Zealand International squad.  The problem is that I cannot find him in FM21.  I searched his name, his club and the New Zealand International squad, but not a sign of him.  Could you please advise me if there is a way for me to add him to my Grimsby Town squad?  Thank you.

10 minutes ago, Internomad said:

My team is Grimsby Town and I have a problem with a player we have just signed, and who I want to put in my present squad.  His name is Max Crocombe and he has been playing for Melbourne Victory in Australia and also is presently the Goalkeeper in the New Zealand International squad.  The problem is that I cannot find him in FM21.  I searched his name, his club and the New Zealand International squad, but not a sign of him.  Could you please advise me if there is a way for me to add him to my Grimsby Town squad?  Thank you.

He is in the editor ,so you have to start over again and put in all the players from New Zealand.