What Type of people play FM???

Originally posted by Ackter:

WIGAN! is a perfect example of why so much about football is a horrible experience.

By the age of 35 he'll have made several visits to jail for attempted GBH in football-related incidents.

Noooo Wigan! is the perfect example of a loyal fan, i dont mind alot of the people that live outside England haivng two teams because almost every football fan in Europe watches the Premership and picks their fav team. although if you live in england and your home team is a lower league club you should get involved with them, not pick a united or liverpool just because they win stuff. those sort of people make football a horrible experience.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Job: Sports journalist

Nationality: Hungarian

Something you didn't know about me: Rhythmic gymnastics is my second favourite sport (watching only!). I'm picking mushrooms as a hobby (and no, not the ones that cause hallucinations)

Proudest FM moment: Taking Akropolis from the Swedish 4th tier to the CL knockout phase

Real life supported clubs: BVSC (deceased icon_frown.gif), Internazionale, Everton

Hours played p/w: 15-25 hrs depending on work

Job: Teacher of English as a foreign language

Nationality: British.

Something you didn't know about me: Eligible for Turksih citizenship through marriage and having lived here for 5 years but I'm not going to take it as I don't fancy miltary service! icon_biggrin.gif Oh, and I teach English to 9 year olds!

Proudest FM moment: Winning the 2014 World Cup with England on FM 08 - beat France, Brazil and Germany on the way and Argentina in the final and with 5 key players (including Rooney and Micah Richards) out injured.

Real life supported clubs: Man Utd and Genclerbirligi

Hours played p/w: 10 tops icon_frown.gif

Job: Work in a cement factory

Nationality: English

Something you didn't know about me: I go to every Crewe home game but support Sunderland

Proudest FM moment: Watching Zarate score the winner in the FA Cup final against Arsenal last minute for my QPR side.

Real life supported clubs: Sunderland

Hours played p/w: Not sure its alot less at the moment because GTA 4 is out

I support Sunderland as I was born there and my family all support them. I live so far from Sunderland I cannot afford to go there much but my dad works for the people who sponser Crewe Alex so we get to go there for free. So I support Sunderland and follow Crewe. Its okay to support two teams I feel as long as you are not picking one just because they win. Where I am from I got loads of stick at school for being a Sunderland fan and rarely encounter anyone but Liverpool, Man Utd, Aston Villa and Leeds fans.

This thread proves there is a big difference between the type of people that play FM its pretty cool.

Job: IT Manager

Nationality: English (with Polish Grandfather)

Something you don't know about me: I've actually managed a football team (ok it was on a sunday) and I have 2 Titanium plates in my left forearm since the 8/5/08.

Proudest FM Moment: My Reading team on FM06 winning every comp we could in a season with Vanger Love banning in the goals.

Real life supported club: Reading

Hours played p/w: at work 20, home 15 total 35hours

Originally posted by tomtuck01:

Im get really worried at the amount of people saying the y support more than one club. I can never understand this concept. icon_confused.gif

i am a gooner, and always am, whoever they play. go and watch stevenage borough a fair bit, and my dad supports them, plus a massive soft spot for FC Barca, cos of the club policies, style of football and theirry henry.

Job:School

Nationality Scottish,Irish

Something You didnt know about me:stay around the corner from scott mcdonald(celtic player)

proudest fm moment: got walter smith the sack 5-0

real life supported club:celtic end of

hours played per week:bout 15

Job:Lawyer of a big football club

Nationality: German

Something you didn't know about me: everything

Proudest FM moment: Signing Chris Bart Williams with W.B.A. (CM 93)

Real life supported clubs: not the one I'm working for

Hours played p/w: was up to 35, since fm08 down to 5

Job: Unemployed/Musician

Nationality: Canadian/Scottish/English

Something you didn't know about me: I've been dating the same girl for 7 years.

Proudest FM moment: Winning the treble with Celtic, then joining Blyth Spartans.

Real life supported clubs: Manchester United

Hours played p/w: I'm not sure. Probably about 10+.

Jobicon_redface.gifffice dogsbody/musician

Nationality: English/Irish/german

Something you didn't know about me: all of he above

Proudest FM moment:redditch fa trophy winer/ signing paulo di canio for redditch

Real life supported clubs: leeds icon_biggrin.gif

Hours played p/w: 5 - 10 depending on how busy or how much money i have.

Job: Teacher

Nationality: Swedish

Something you didn't know about me: Iäm an awsome guitarist.

Proudest FM moment: UEFA-cup champions 2012 with Malmö FF, and signing returning Zlatan Ibrahimovic to Malmö FF at age 34.

Real life supported clubs: Malmö FF, Chelsea

Hours played p/w: 10-15

Job: i go school

Nationality: romanian

Something you didn't know about me: i like eating fish heads

Proudest FM moment: when i win some games and i think yes iv won some games

Real life supported clubs: i like football

Hours played p/w: i play some hours

Job: Student

Nationality: Born in England. From Greek-Cypriot family. Usually in FM my nationality is either Enlgish with Cypriot as secondary nationality. OR Cypriot with English secondary nationality.

Something you didn't know about me: Who knows?

Proudest FM moment: Probably my current Arsenal team on FM08. I can easily dominate anyone and it's not like I've gone out and bought everyone. I've bought alot, but just bought youngsters.

Real Life supported clubs: Arsenal and Cyprus.

Hours played p/w: Depends.

I feel old after reading this thread....

Job: VP of a Technology Company

Nationality: Canadian

Something you didn't know about me: I have never played 1 second in a football match, and I have never witnessed 1 second of a live football match.

Proudest FM moment: Sadly my biggest accomplishment is only a semi-final loss in the CL and 6 time defending Bundesliga champs with Bayern. (and counting)

Real life supported clubs: FC Bayern

Hours played p/w: It is embarrassing to say exactly how much, but 3 hours per day would be a conservative number. Getting to be less with summer around the corner.

Something you didn't know about me: Erm.. I have 2 greyhounds \o/

Proudest FM moment: Building a all conquering Juventus team, built around Sebastian Giovinco

Real life supported clubs: Manchester United Born and bred. I quite like Aston Villa too, but when it's Man Utd V Villa. Mon a 9-0 win to United

Hours played p/w: Not a lot recently been addicted to my Xbox 360 (well actually GTA IV)

Job: just got let go from job today, more time for fm now icon_wink.gif

Nationality: Irish

Something You Don't know about me: I play for st pats Resevres and i could be in fm09.

Proudest Fm Moment: sadly i have to say leading bromley to BSN title and not getting relegated form the BSP XD

Real Life Supported Clubs: St Pats and Man Utd

Hours Played P/W : N/A i haven't got much time to play these days, but when im free i play for maybe 3 hours

Job: Attorney

Nationality: American

Proudest FM moment: Winning UEFA Cup with Hartlepool United.

Something you didn't know about me: My first name is not Heywood.

Real life supported clubs: Manchester United (waiting for MLS team on Long Island, too!)

Hours played p/w: I am guessing 10ish tops. Busy!

Favourite FM/CM version: WWSM 08, but hate that I am a "Head Coach" instead of "Manager."

Job: Postgraduate Student

Something you didn't know about me: Literature and classical music are my main passions, along with FM and football

Proudest FM moment: Taking St. Albans City from the Conference to the Premier League in FM07

Real life supported clubs: St. Albans City (my local side), Luton Town (also local and I go to games occasionally). As a kid I was a huge fan of Liverpool and I am still have a soft spot for them - they are my Premiership side.

Hours played p/w: Not as much as I'd like - too much studying to do. Maybe 10 hours if I am lucky.

C.

Job: High School Student

Nationality: Australian

Something You Don't know about me: FML Beta Tester

Proudest Fm Moment: Winning the World Cup with Australia and taking Sydney FC to World Club Championships and Winning

Real Life Supported Clubs: Chelsea and Gold Coast Galaxy

Hours Played P/W : Too Many (Does FML Count)

Job: Electrician

Something you didn't know about me: I have one testicle bigger than the other

Proudest FM moment: Getting Harrogate to Prem

Real life supported clubs: Newcastle

Hours played p/w: None at the moment (just got GTAIV)

Nationality: Dutch

Proudest FM moment: Winning de EPL with Gateshead

Something you didn'n know about me: I love America (yeah, call me crazy)

Real life supported clubs: AZ, Arsenal

Hours played per weer: Depends, sometimes 20, sometimes 0

Something you didn't know about me: Lot's of things

Proudest FM moment: Winning all six of the trophies available to me in three consecutive seasons with Arsenal

Real life supported clubs: Liverpool

Hours played p/w: 3-4 mostly through the week

Nationality: Scottish/English

Something you didn't know about me: I was born in Edinburgh

Proudest FM moment: Drawing against England with San Marino my 2nd season on 08. Or winning all competitions available to me with Bayern Munich on 05.

Real life supported clubs: Aberdeen. Scunthorpe United. Manchester United

Hours played p/w: Dunno. Not a much as I used to.

About supporting more than one team. Aberdeen are my team as I live near there and my family are big supporters. I support Scutnhrope because of my family links and I have been to Glanford Park to see a match and it was awesome.

My family are big supporters of Man U too so I support them as well.

Old Trafford is pretty spectacular icon_smile.gif

Job: Clinical Nurse

Something you didn't know about me: Ex-Aussie Army 1981-1989

Proudest FM moment: Getting Colchester into the Premiership

Real life supported clubs: Arsenal in the Prem, Colchester in Championship (although they just got relegated) icon_frown.gif

Hours played p/w: not as often as I used to, mabye (on a good run) 10 hours

Originally posted by WIGAN!!:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ackter:

WIGAN! is a perfect example of why so much about football is a horrible experience.

By the age of 35 he'll have made several visits to jail for attempted GBH in football-related incidents.

Noooo Wigan! is the perfect example of a loyal fan, i dont mind alot of the people that live outside England haivng two teams because almost every football fan in Europe watches the Premership and picks their fav team. although if you live in england and your home team is a lower league club you should get involved with them, not pick a united or liverpool just because they win stuff. those sort of people make football a horrible experience. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So because people like me, who support the first team I recall having any knowledge about (Liverpool) but have also since developed an interest for my local side (Bournemouth), we are making football a bad experience? Surely you can't be serious? I'm not going to say the people who have suddenly jumped to Chelsea because they have money don't annoy me, but you've got to remember for the past 15-20 years at least, the media have shown little interest in football outside the top flight, so for many of us, particularly those who come from families who have little to no in terest in football, the teams at the top are quite likely to be the first ones we were ever exposed to.

Great thread! However, it made me feel old. icon_frown.gificon_biggrin.gif

Job: PR

Nationality: American

Something you didn't know about me: I have been to 46 of the 50 U.S. states.

Proudest FM moment: You know, I really don't have any really proud moments, for whatever reason, I seem to do just about what is expected of my team (in the 2007 version) - I guess it would be getting Plymouth Argyle to the Football League Championship playoffs.

Real life supported clubs: Celtic and to a much lesser extent PSG and Plymouth Argyle.

Hours played: Depends - usually I do it in bunches, meaning either most of a weekend or not at all for 10 days. Average probably around 10.

Job: College

Nationality: German, English dad

Something you didn't know about me: when driving I like to use my left foot to brake(drive a smart)

Proudest FM moment: winning every competition entered in the season 2013/14 with Newcastle/Spain (Prem, FA Cup, League Cup, Community Shield, Champions League, Euro Super Cup, World Club Champ., World Cup)

Real life supported clubs: Newcastle, Osnabrück

Hours played p/w: about 20

Job: Dart PLayer

Nationality: Canadian

Something you didn't know about me: Yes, I play darts for a living.

Proudest FM moment: Taking Accrington Stanley from the bottom to the top of the Premier Table in just 13 seasons. (You try it, no cheating now!)

Real life supported clubs: Liverpool

Hours played p/w: countless.

Nationality: Bermudian ( icon_cool.gif)

Something you didn't know about me: I'm an Amateur Football Player icon_razz.gif

Proudest FM moment: (FM07) For three seasons I won everything with Liverpool each season and won the World Cup and EURO's with Spain. Then retired.

Real life supported clubs: Liverpool (and to a lesser extent: Newcastle, Aston Villa, Birmingham, Portsmouth, Stoke, Juve, Atletico, NK Zagreb, Staines Town, Bermuda Athletic Association, Bermuda Hogges, and Zenit St. Petersburg icon_razz.gif)

Hours played p/w: depends how much homework/a life I have...

Originally posted by lfcfannic:

Nationality: Bermudian ( icon_cool.gif)

Something you didn't know about me: I'm an Amateur Football Player icon_razz.gif

Proudest FM moment: (FM07) For three seasons I won everything with Liverpool each season and won the World Cup and EURO's with Spain. Then retired.

Real life supported clubs: Liverpool (and to a lesser extent: Newcastle, Aston Villa, Birmingham, Portsmouth, Stoke, Juve, Atletico, NK Zagreb, Staines Town, Bermuda Athletic Association, Bermuda Hogges, and Zenit St. Petersburg icon_razz.gif)

Hours played p/w: depends how much homework/a life I have...

How do you support 5 Premiership clubs icon_confused.gif

Originally posted by Bongo-Bongo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WIGAN!!:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ackter:

Noooo Wigan! is the perfect example of a loyal fan, i dont mind alot of the people that live outside England haivng two teams because almost every football fan in Europe watches the Premership and picks their fav team. although if you live in england and your home team is a lower league club you should get involved with them, not pick a united or liverpool just because they win stuff. those sort of people make football a horrible experience. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So because people like me, who support the first team I recall having any knowledge about (Liverpool) but have also since developed an interest for my local side (Bournemouth), we are making football a bad experience? Surely you can't be serious? I'm not going to say the people who have suddenly jumped to Chelsea because they have money don't annoy me, but you've got to remember for the past 15-20 years at least, the media have shown little interest in football outside the top flight, so for many of us, particularly those who come from families who have little to no in terest in football, the teams at the top are quite likely to be the first ones we were ever exposed to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I couldn't have put it better myself.

My earliest football memories are of the emergence of Ryan Giggs, the incredible goalkeeping of Peter Schmeichel, and the general rise of Alex Ferguson's first great Manchester United side.

It was pretty much forced down my throat and I had no guidance in following a team from my family, as they had little more than a passing interest in football at the time (it's changed since). United became my team almost by default, and it's stayed that way.

As I've grown older, I've developed an interest in football at all levels and across countries, and I've also developed affections for a number of teams. In particular, I started to attend the occasional Southport game, and I love it. When I'm there, I feel like I support them.

But it's always going to be United that matter most to me...

Job: office/sales assistant

Something you never knew about me: I'm really tired right now

Proudest FM moment: Winning the French clean sweep with Lens after falling victim of my own success at West Ham, in one season. Best youth team I've ever seen!

Real life Clubs: Inverness CT and Liverpool. I also really like Athletic Bilbao.

Hours played CM/FM: years of my life probably.

Job: Postie

Something you never knew about me: I play semi- professional football

Proudest FM moment:In FM 05 making Cardiff the best in the world, with a Welsh only policy.

Real life Clubs: Newport County icon14.gif

Hours played CM/FM: Weekly I would estimate at leat 25 hours, if not more

Job: Maths teacher

Something you didn't know about me: My pool league record was 25-2 in frames this season

Proudest FM moments: 23 consecutive CL titles with Braintree, the career of Danny Roberts, 3 CL titles with Kilmore Rec and AFC Wimbledon's 'Fuge Park'

Real life supported club: Portsmouth

Hours played p/w: probably only about 5 at the moment, loads more when I'm not at work

Job: Online sales manager for Earache Records

Something you didn't know about me: I'm asexual, and usually have bright pink dreadlocks

Proudest FM moments: Taking Notts County from the lower leagues to the Champions League.

Real life supported club: Tottenham

Hours played p/w: Probably pushing 30-40 I guess

Job: Software Trainer

Something you didn't know about me: I have a loud voice apparently

Proudest FM moments: Promotion to league one against the odds in my 1st season with Notts County (FM07). Then went on to devleop the club and had good facilities, staff, youth development and another promotion to Championship based on all this hardwork getting the right players.

Real life supported club: Newcastle United

Hours played p/w: 2-3 hours icon_frown.gif because i can't get into the game and keep starting afresh again. Fed up with having too much work to get a win and also getting thrashed by greyed out teams in friendlies. icon13.gif

Job: Airline Account Manager

Nationality: Brit

Something you didn't know about me: Up until FM08 I always found the later CM/FM series too involved and not as fun as CM9798 (which I maintain I have the most up to date database in the world)

Proudest FM moment: Winning the Potiguar state championship with Potiguar (FM08), Winning the opening Championship of the Mexican 2nd division with Tabasco (CM4???), Winning La Liga 18 times on the bounce with Athletic Bilbao (CM2)

Real life supported club: Liverpool

Hours played p/w: 20-30 (including all versions I play & editing)

Job:Plumber

Nationality:English

Something you didn't know about me:alot of stuff

Proudest FM moments:Recently got Hull City promoted to the premiership , got Tottenham into the top 4

Real life supported club: Manchester United

Hours played p/w: round 45 ( does that make me sad ? icon_frown.gif )

Job:Student

Nationality: Austrian

Something you didn't know about me: too much to start with.

Proudest FM moment: winning everything you can until i got bored.

Real life supported clubs: Rapid Wien, ManU, Napoli, Barca

Hours played p/w: too many..

Job: Actor

Nationality: British

Something you didn't know about me: On Friday I called my agent to ask what jobs I had been put forward for this week and she told me one of them was for a part in the new football manager live internet advert (how cool would that be?).

Note to anybody at SI - you should make sure the actor you cast is a proper fm player icon_wink.gif

Proudest FM moment: Signing Gazza and winning the European cup on CM93

Real life supported club: Chelsea, Barnet and St. johnstone

Hours played p/w: varies between 4 and 30.

Job: Just left my position as a buyer

Something you didnt know about me: My girlfriend just dumped me for sleeping with a prostitute in amsterdam

Proudest FM moment: On FM 08 starting in league 2 with rochdale with automatic reputation, to now being manager of england and turning down juventus and real madrid to manage my beloved sunderland

All time- winning the FA Cup with Hull City when we were still in league 2- without cheating!!

Real life supported clubs- my beloved Sunderland!

Hours played per week: since i chucked my job probably about 25-30

Job: College Student and I have a part-time job at Morrisons

Something you didnt know about me: I met David Beckham in a hotel and he signed my shirt, then a sequirty guard came over and asked me to leave because I was 'bothering' the players. Beckham then turned around and said to the security guard 'No, he's fine, leave him' and the security guard just walked off. What a legened Beck's is icon_smile.gif. (This was when I was about 12)

Proudest FM moment: Guiding Sunderland to Premier League Glory in FM07

Real life supported clubs - The one and only Manchester United!

Hours played per week: About 20-30. (mostly on weekends)

Job: Starting a new job as an immigration officer next week

Nationality: English/French

Something you didn't know about me: Studying a History degree part time through the Open University

Proudest FM moment: Taking my local side Hayes to the Championship in 2007. In this years version i have recently started a game with Spurs and pulled off a brilliant result against Arsenal in the Carling Cup Semi (nothing like the real life score line unfortunately.

Real life supported clubs: Tottenham Hotspur and Olympique de Marseille

Hours played per week: Usually about 10 hours but as i've not been working the last few weeks more like 20 odd.

Nationality: English/Welsh

Something you didnt know about me: I have a high break of 132 in snooker.

Proudest FM moment: Getting Matlock (BSN) to the 4th round of the FA Cup.

Real life supported clubs - Brighton and Hove Albion

Hours played per week: 15-20

Nationality: Turkish

Something you didn't know about me: I have one Galatasaray kit since the 2002/03 or 2001/02 season.

Proudest FM moment: Beating Chelsea, controlled by my friend, 8-3 while I was Liverpool. Hell yeah, it's fun to play online.

Real life supported clubs: GALATASARAY! Also have a sympathy for Liverpool.

Hours played per week: Depends, I generally spend max. 25 hours on games. It's sometimes FM 08 all the way, sometimes I don't even open it.

This message is sponsored by "WE WANT THE EDIT FUNCTION" organization

I have a Galatasaray kit for every season, not only a single one. Ex: I have the black one for the last season, and the red-yellow stripes for the 2006/07.

Archived