What Type of people play FM???

Job: Schoolings

Nationality: English

Something you didn't know about me: I've got a fat hamster who supports Man United icon_frown.gif

Proudest FM moment: CL Quarter Finals with Newcastle, winning Ukraine League with Zakarpattya Uzhorod icon_biggrin.gif

Real life supported clubs: Arsenal, I like a few others too though.

Hours played p/w: Cutting down at the mo due to exams, but in the summer I dread to think how many weeks I will be on it

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I support Leeds and Hull ???????

Schizo!

Anyway, moi:

Job: Media

Something you don't know about me: I love US drama series almost as much as FM.

Proudest FM moment: Uefa cup win with Leeds first season back in Prem (closely followed by previous season's FA cup final 1-0 defeat to Man Yoo which meant I could sign some shed-hot players on frees close season).

Real Life Supported Clubs: Leeds United, Real Madrid (glory seeker), and a secret soft spot for Newcastle.

Job: Student

Nationality: English And Proud

Something You Didn't Know About Me: I'll Be Following Spain In The Euros (No England)

Proudest FM Moment: Doing The Treble With Man City In The First Season

Real Life Supported Club: Tottenham Hotspurs!!

Hours Played P/W: 5-10 Due To exams (20+ Normally)

sign some shed-hot players on frees close season).

Real Life Supported Clubs: Leeds United, Real

Job: Housing Assistant

Something You Didn't Know About Me: I promote pro wrestling shows.

Proudest FM Moment: Winning the conference with Telford on CM0102. (doesn't sound much but it was an awesome game..lol)

Real Life Supported Club: Bradford City

Hours Played P/W: If I'm hooked, about 20, otherwise I can go weeks/months without playing.

Something You Didn't Know About Me: I'm actually a qualified coach!

Proudest FM Moment: Winning the Prem with Spurs despite being 6points behind with 3games left!

Real Life Supported Club: Brentford

Hours Played P/W: 20-30!!

Job:Software Engineer/Researcher

Nationality: British

Something you didn't know about me: If I could claim to be Scottish I would

Proudest FM moment: Winning the Champions League with Icelandic minnows Grindavik or taking the Faroe Islands to the World Cup and beating Argentina (but still going out in group stage)

Real life supported clubs: Derby County ( icon_redface.gif ), Fiorentina, Werder Bremen, loads of others to varying degrees

Hours played p/w: Too many, although I do other things at the same time.

Age:36 (some one older had better post soon so I don't feel like everyone's dad)

Job:Self employed

Something you didn't know about me: I sell wedding dresses for a living.

Proudest FM moment: Saving Aston Villa from the drop after joining them with 5 games to go and needing to get 10 points from those matches to get them out of 19th place and into safety.

Real life supported clubs: Manchester United and Tamworth

Hours played p/w: Peaks at about 20, currently about 5 (GTA4 is the guilty culprit).

Originally posted by princess cow goes quack:

I've been on here a while and heard a lot in these forums but i was intrested in what people play FM if you could answer below:

Job:School

Something you didn't know about me: I support Leeds and Hull ???????

Proudest FM moment: Winning F.A cup with Man city FM 05

Real life supported clubs: Hull Man City Leeds

Hours played p/w: 20 at most

Job:Student

Nationality:I say English but I am also partly Welsh.

Somthing You Didn't Know: I am training to be a referee and my claim to fame is that my godmother is a cousin (or something like that) to Paul O'Grady.

Proudest FM moment: Coming back from 3-0 down against Arsenal with 10 minutes left to win 4-3, I was Wigan.

Real Life Supported Clubs:Liverpool, Wigan, Leigh RMI.

Hours Played p/w:Currently very little but when I am playing it's about 15/20 hours.

Job: Unemployed Graduate (anyone want to offer me a job?)

Nationality: English, Irish Grandparents

Something You Didn't Know About Me: I have an English Lit with Creative Writing Degree from Hull University.

Proudest FM Moment: Getting Dag and Red promoted to the premiership and surviving a season...then getting sacked for having a bad relationship with the players...damn jokers.

Real Life Supported Clubs: Man Utd, Peterborough United, Hull City.

Hours Played P/W: Around 30

Job: programmer

Nationality: Slovenian

Something you didnt know about me: ?

Proudest FM moment: wining every possible competition in the same year (both cups, charity shield, champions league, the league, world club championship and that champions league vs uefa match). That was on 06 or 05. Havent come anywhere close in 07 or 08.

Real life supported clubs: Olimpija, Interblock, Domzale (and westop-super-mare at the moment,heh)

Hours played: Too many..probably 20 per week.

Job:Manager (Real Estate, Retail)

Nationality: Estonian

Something you didn't know about me: I attend to every home game of Estonian National Team.

Proudest FM moment: I have won the Champions League with Ajax in every game (CM4, CM2006, FM2007, FM2008) I have played.

Real life supported clubs: AFC Ajax, FC Barcelona, Inter Milano. Estonian and Netherlands National Team.

Hours played p/w: I try to limit it to one game per day. Around 30-60 minutes per day then, around 5hrs/week.

Job:Software Engineer

Nationality: Danish

Something you didn't know about me: I'm the researcher of Lyngby BK in the Danish League

Proudest FM moment: Taking Campobasso from Serie C2/C to 2 UEFA Cups in some ancient version of the game

Real life supported clubs: Lyngby BK

Hours played p/w: 10-20 hours a week, but it's very unfocused, as I do a lot of life-related stuff meanwhile.

Job: Forensic Scientist

Nationality: British

Something you didn't know about me: I'm covered in tattoos and look like a Death Metal guitarist even though i much prefer folk music

Proudest FM moment: So many. Winning the Champions League with Blackpool was one. Probably turning Torino from Serie B clowns into multiple champions league and Serie A winners in Fm2007

Real life supported clubs: Middlesbrough and Whitby Town, but also have soft spots for Fiorentina and IFK Gothenburg.

Hours played p/w: 10-15 hours a week, depends on the job. Has decreased a lot since my girlfriend moved in too. It's difficult to explain to a chinese girl why you're screaming "for F**K's sake pass it! Pass it! He's in acres of space!!" at a gaggle of moving, coloured dots.

Originally posted by tomtuck01:

Im get really worried at the amount of people saying the y support more than one club. I can never understand this concept. icon_confused.gif

coudnt agree more, id get my head smashed in by the lads if i started supporting sum1 else!

Job: I.T. Student

Something you didn't know about me: Im a 4th generation Wigan Ath supporter ( the only one ever i think!)

Proudest FM moment: On Fm07, taking my wigan team to 5 premiership titles, 2 fa cups, carling cup, uefa cup and 3 champs league! icon_biggrin.gif

Real life supported clubs: WIGAN!

Hours played p/w: 15

Job: Currently enjoyin a year off, living off my savings I made as a Sales Manager for a rather large company

Something you didnt know about me: Got two little daughters

Proudest FM moment: Getting Exeter to the Prem within 9yrs

Real life supported clubs: Tottenham, Barnstaple Town

Hours played p/w: Between 10-20

Im get really worried at the amount of people saying the y support more than one club. I can never understand this concept. icon_confused.gif

I don't see anything wrong with it, it doesn't mean you have mixed loyalties or anything. People in my experience usually have one team (in my case Liverpool) but then also have affections for another club for one reason or another which they will support when appropriate. For example, many lower league supporters will also have a favourite Premier Legaue team.

Nothing wrong with that IMO.

Depends wht you call "support" I guess. I don't get to any matches so I am just an armchair "supporter".

I'm a general football fan though, interested in all the leagues so I basically just have a loose hierarchy (no I've never bothered to actually consider it's exact ordering!) or clubs I follow so unless they are playing each other there is no conflict, if they are playing each other I will generally have a favourite between the two.

e.g. I support Derby County against anyone, I support Newcastle United against anyone except Derby, etc, etc.

Job: School/Refereeing

Something you didn't know about me: I play guitar and scream in a death metal band

Proudest FM moment: Going unbeaten in every competition for 2 years of FM07

Real life supported clubs: Manchester United, Cambridge United

Hours played p/w: 10-15 usually, but exams are forcing me to cut down. What idiot invented GCSE's?

I believe you are referring to me about supporting Liverpool and Wigan. As I explained above my main team is Liverpool but for several reasons I have an affection for Wigan. Liverpool is the big one though and so I always support them, including when they play against Wigan. Just becuase I support one premier league team it doesn't mean I have to hate all the others, some clubs you like, some you dislike, some you don't have any thought about.

Job: Print Finisher

Something you didn't know about me: I make computer music

Proudest FM moment: Winning the Carling Cup with Wolves

Real life supported clubs: Yeovil Town

Hours played p/w: 10-20 hours p/w

Job: Airport Security

Something you didn't know about me: I nutmegged Alex Rae at a 5-a-side match in Nuremburg during the World Cup

Proudest FM moment: Taking Kristiansund BK to the Champions League group stages

Real life supported clubs: Arsenal, Gillingham, Stevenage, Wycombe

Hours played p/w: 20-40 depending on work

Job: Phd Student/Research (Psychology)

Something you didn't know about me: I've been on a documentary

Proudest FM moment: Getting St.Johnstone to be the force in Scottish Football. 5 consecutive titles and various cups. Good times icon_smile.gif

Real life supported clubs: Huddersfield Town and Hull as a second team (current home)

Hours played p/w: 10 - 15 ish

Age 48( the oldest I bet but who cares,I'm divorced now so do what I want)

Job: Printroom services with major world company

Nationality; English

Something you don't know about me:Meet princes Di

Proudest FM moment:Winning trophies

Real Life supported club:Birmingham City

Hours played p/w:20 hours

Warehouseman. I move boxes.

American, decended from French.

Wrote my first computer game in 1976.

Getting a mousepad from Func Industries made up like my fictional team's shirt.

Reading, Exeter

Hours played p/w: While I was on disability last winter, it wasn't unusual for me to put in 50+ ...

Originally posted by LFC Lloydy:

I believe you are referring to me about supporting Liverpool and Wigan. As I explained above my main team is Liverpool but for several reasons I have an affection for Wigan. Liverpool is the big one though and so I always support them, including when they play against Wigan. Just becuase I support one premier league team it doesn't mean I have to hate all the others, some clubs you like, some you dislike, some you don't have any thought about.

And what are these reasons for "so called" support wigan? wonder if your a JCL and live in Wigan but have only supported them since we got into the prem? If thats the case your the type of footy fan that makes me sick!

UP THE TICS!

Job: Walsall fc Scholar

Nationality: Mixed

Something you didn't know about me: Have played for Walsall since i was 12

Proudest FM moment: Promotion from League 2 with Darlington

Real life supported clubs: Leicester City (We'll be back)

Hours played p/w: 8 (ish)

Job:School

Something you didn't know about me: Almost everything, how would you know anything

Proudest FM moment: Dont really have any TBH, and for that reason im going to start a new game as Watford and try to get them to the CL in 4 seasons.

Real life supported clubs: Mainly Arsenal, but since their tickets are so much and Im only 14 i go to alot of Watford matches(local)

Hours played p/w: Dont like to think about it TBH, but i guess about 30/40 :O

Originally posted by WIGAN!!:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LFC Lloydy:

And what are these reasons for "so called" support wigan? wonder if your a JCL and live in Wigan but have only supported them since we got into the prem? If thats the case your the type of footy fan that makes me sick!

UP THE TICS! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I have practically lived in Wigan all my life and although I support Liverpool becuase of my family and background (origninally from Liverpool) I had an interest in Wigan from a fairly young age, although the first time I went to see a Wigan match was a couple of years after that. I saw quite a lot of Wigan matches whilst they were in the Championship but I didn't go all the time, as I say Liverpool is my team, Wigan is just one I have an interest in.

When they got promoted to the Premiership I started watching them a lot more, partly because of my age and partly because I admit, they were in the Premiership. I have watched them a lot since then and keep up to date with the club more, again, partly through age and partly becuase they were effectively competing against my team in the Premiership. I don't watch them as much at the moment becuase I am unable to a lot of the time but I still go to games or watch them on TV when I can.

I also have admiration for Wigan because of what they have achieved, rising through the tiers so quickly and then doing so well in the Premier League, especially in the first year, despite being a small club with limited cash and support. I also liked how they were a breath of fresh air in the Premier League and how they were fairly physical team (not as much anymore I would say).

I also like Paul Jewell and even though he has left now I associate him with Wigan.

I am not claiming to be a die hard fan or anything, just saying I like and admire the club, don't really get why you have to try and insult me for it. Especially considering Wigan needs as much support as it can get icon_wink.gif. I honestly don't understand what is wrong with having a "second team", many people I know do.

Age 18

Job: Student + Harrods porter

Nationality: Consider myself english but am half ghanian

Something You don't know about me?: quite a fair bit

proudest FM moment: Getting back to back promotions to the premiership with carlisle and getting them into the uefa cup

realife supported clubs: arsenal but i look out for carlisle results

hours played p/w: varies, from about 0-15

Job: College

Something you didnt know about me: addicted to football!!

Proudest FM moment: getting Watford 2nd in prem meaning champions league

REal life supported clubs: Chelsea, Real Betis

Hours played p/w: 20

Job:Manager at Tesco

Something you didn't know about me: i met drogba joe cole and SWP in a club in bournemouth woop!

Proudest FM moment: fm 07 going unbeaten in 200 games to count(then fm 08 came out) with MAN CITY!!

Real life supported clubs: Chelsea

Hours played p/w: erm not sure whenever in on laptop probably around 30

Nationality: English, my mum is Thai.

Somthing You Didn't Know: I love cheese

Proudest FM moment: Beating Premier Leagues Southampton 6-5 after being 4-1 down at half time with Walsall of League One

Real Life Supported Clubs: Brighton and Hove Albion

Hours Played p/w: 10 or so

WIGAN! is a perfect example of why so much about football is a horrible experience.

By the age of 35 he'll have made several visits to jail for attempted GBH in football-related incidents.

Im get really worried at the amount of people saying the y support more than one club. I can never understand this concept.

i think it's rather common to go for more than 1 team. i was brought up here in Australia to made Wimbledon fans, somehow starting supporting Liverpool FC, while always going to watch the Canberra Cosmos play in the old NSL, when the ASL (pr**s each one) kicked my team out I only went for Liverpool, then Sydney FC was created, so I now go for them, then thanks to a game in FM07 I am now a fan of Basingstoke Town (and hate Charlton with a passion, pr**ks stopped me getting promoted to the EPL so many times!!)

Job: PhD Student (Radiation Biology)

Nationality: American

Something you didn't know about me: I support German national team

Proudest FM moment: Winning against Bayern 5-0 (away) with Leverkusen team

Real life supported clubs: Manchester United, Leverkusen

Hours played p/w: 0-40 depending on work and mood

Job: Systems analyst.

Nationality: British.

Something you don't know about me. When I first left Uni I was a games tester for Sony and therefore have my name in the credits of games such as Gran Turismo 4, Tekken 5, and many more.

Proudest FM moment: Completing Dafuges challenge with Gateshead and having something I wrote added to the Tactic Bible in the Tactic Forum.

Real Life Supported Club: Sunderland.

Hours Played per Week: 15-20.

Job: Technical Sales.

Something you don't know about me. I never work on FM official release day! From taking over a new club to playing the first match takes about 16 hours game time - I worry I may be a little Geeky! LOL

Proudest FM moment: Winning World Cup with England (FM05). Also of note: In CM98 I signed an unknown 15 yr old schoolboy who went on to be an absolute superstar in the game - his name, Estaban Cambiasso! That still feels like my proudest achievement!

Real Life Supported Club: Man City (preferred playing club is St Etienne).

Hours Played per Week: When I love it = 30 +, at present 0. Have fallen out of love - takes too much effort to be successful icon_frown.gif - still hark back to CM01/02 halcyon days! Also Guitar Hero 3 on PS2 is a little to blame right now!

Job: Web Developer/Designer/Manager

Something you don't know about me: I received a load of freebies from Domark for some of my suggestions for the early Amiga version of CM. Can't remember what they were - possibly about having Coaches or reserve team.

Proudest FM moment: See two of my players, brought through my Cambridge Utd youth system, play for England

Real Life Supported Club: Arsenal (since I was 4 and I remember when they nearly got relegated).

Hours Played per Week: Since latest patch 20+hrs

Job : Journalist

Nationality: Greek

Something you didn't know about me: I love sailing

Proudest FM moment: Winning CL with Brann Bergen

Real Life Supported Clubs : Olympiacos FC , Red Star Belgrade

Hours played p/w : About 3 and only in fm07

Job : Philosophy Student

Nationality: English & Irish

Something you didn't know about me: everything!

Proudest FM moment: Getting Runcorn to the Premiership having been sacked by Man Utd in CM2

Real Life Supported Clubs : Man Utd, Cheltenham

Hours played p/w : Too many according to my girlfriend icon_frown.gif

Job:Banker

Nationality: American

Something you didn't know about me: MLS Fan. Well, maybe you did.

Proudest FM moment: Placing second in World club championship with an MLS team. hehe

Real life supported clubs: FC Dallas for MLS, Newcastle for EPL

Archived