FM17: Manchester United - The Special One Arrives

mikenevo

10 minutes ago, thim1993 said:

Impressive start, few tricky games coming up

Tottenham loss was hard to take, Eriksen scored a 93 minute screamer from 40 yards to win them the game and end by 26 game unbeaten run and got outplayed fair and square by A.Madrid Away but got revenge at home. I cant seem to shake off Spurs in the league, they have been right up my arse all season

resultsv2.png

a58bc2ea474184e75d33101cd5958361.png

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 01/11/2016 at 19:41, knap said:

Top squad and easy to play 2nd XI in cups for rotation.

English%20Premier%20Division_%20Overview

Manchester%20United_%20Players%20Players

What role you been using Mikitaryan and Mata been contemplating using a 4-4-2 but not sure who would suit what role this year. Last year I build a successful 4-4-2 with Depay and Mata on the flanks as Winger and Wide Playmaker. With Martial and Barbosa as the strikers as Complete Forward and False Nine 

On 11/1/2016 at 19:09, Herbie2100 said:

So Ibrahimovic, extend for a year og let him go?

He had a good first season for me but Rashford fired in a lot of goals as well so wanted him to play more. I sold him to Atletico Madrid for £3m, was nice to get some money for him and get his wages off the books. I brought in Icardi to replace him and already had Belotti.

6 hours ago, Viruz07 said:

When do Carrick and zlatan retire?

Not sure about Carrick, but pretty sure Zlatan retires end of season 2.

I've kept him for my second season. He's playing in a rotation role now as I play Martial and Rashford up top. Zlatan is good for a backup plan, plus he tutors the youngsters. 

24 minutes ago, paddypower said:

How good is Depay this year?

He is good, but still shoots a lot from outside the box a lot which can be frustrating.

I sold him to Championship side Burnley in my 2nd season because I don't play with wingers. Obviously he's tearing it up there.

26 minutes ago, Mattyboy89 said:

He is good, but still shoots a lot from outside the box a lot which can be frustrating.

I sold him to Championship side Burnley in my 2nd season because I don't play with wingers. Obviously he's tearing it up there.

Cheers mate. Trying to take him to Sunderland in the fourth season but it's going to cost £32m, not sure if he'll be worth it

On 01/11/2016 at 20:11, Verby said:

Keep him he retires at the end of season 2. He banged them in for me for two seasons. If you're not going to use him enough though just let him go his wages are huge.

Hes a big game player aswel on this FM, scored some important goals in the big games

Zlatan was playing allright for me in the first season. But some other English clubs were bidding for Icardi in the first winter transfer window, so I also had to bid for him (he destroyed my team in pre season friendlies, so I was very impressed). This means I'll need to let Zlatan go at the end of the first season since I want to be able to give Rashford playing time. Zlatan is scoring still, but starting to decline physically. 

I'm finishing up my first season and Zlatan has been great for me with 21 goals and a bunch of assists - the highlight being scoring a hat trick against Man City at Old Trafford. He didn't do much in the first half of the season as he was constantly injured but after Christmas he got to play more and has been sensational for me, have extended his contract for one more season.

This season has been so frustrating, we're currently fifth heading into May and we've not a hope of catching Spurs for 4th as they're six points ahead of me and they look unstoppable. We're one of the highest scorers in the league but we also concede so much that it's costing us so many points. Bought Koulbaily in the summer and he hasn't been good whatsoever and seems to be kicking him up a fuss, seems likely I'll be letting him go along with a host of players.

29 minutes ago, blue heron said:

Zlatan was playing allright for me in the first season. But some other English clubs were bidding for Icardi in the first winter transfer window, so I also had to bid for him (he destroyed my team in pre season friendlies, so I was very impressed). This means I'll need to let Zlatan go at the end of the first season since I want to be able to give Rashford playing time. Zlatan is scoring still, but starting to decline physically. 

Let me know if you get rid of him, interesting to see who would take him for a fee + Pay the wages, I dont think America would pay the full lot, you might have to settle paying a percentage of the wages, I had to agree to pay 1/4 of Rooneys wages so he would bugger off to West Ham in season 2.

Even Rojo had to take a 20k wage cut to go to China

Honestly if anyone is looking for a replacement striker for the inevitable departing of Rooney and Ibra, look no further than Griezmann, he will score 20+ for you every season in the League plus Assist like mad, links up well with Pogba and Martial (I call it the French Connection) and just scores from anywhere on the pitch (Left Wing, CAM, Up Front), 

He will cost you at least 65m but you have him for the next 5+ years, you could maybe sell him and reclaw some of the money spent on him before he declines even. Hes scored almost the same as last year already and he will just keep getting better, I move his position around alot aswel from CAM to CF and he still has no problems.

Griezmann3.png

1 hour ago, Verby said:

Honestly if anyone is looking for a replacement striker for the inevitable departing of Rooney and Ibra, look no further than Griezmann, he will score 20+ for you every season in the League plus Assist like mad, links up well with Pogba and Martial (I call it the French Connection) and just scores from anywhere on the pitch (Left Wing, CAM, Up Front), 

He will cost you at least 65m but you have him for the next 5+ years, you could maybe sell him and reclaw some of the money spent on him before he declines even. Hes scored almost the same as last year already and he will just keep getting better, I move his position around alot aswel from CAM to CF and he still has no problems.

Griezmann3.png

Get him, Dybala or Icardi (or both, because why the heck not) and thats the entire offense sorted for the next 6-7 seasons.

2 hours ago, Verby said:

Let me know if you get rid of him, interesting to see who would take him for a fee + Pay the wages, I dont think America would pay the full lot, you might have to settle paying a percentage of the wages, I had to agree to pay 1/4 of Rooneys wages so he would bugger off to West Ham in season 2.

Even Rojo had to take a 20k wage cut to go to China

Arsenal made some bids in the winter window, since his contract would be up within 6 months. Needless to say, I rejected them out of hand.

7 minutes ago, FifaBing said:

Getting Dybala is nearly impossible. I eventually gave up after the first season and turned my attentions to Icardi and was able to land him for about 20M+ future incentives and 48 months of payments. Total cost was about 37M.

He wasn't listed as a realistic target until I secured Champions League football. Have just agreed to sign Griezmann for £63m and have another £60m plus whatever I can get from selling off fringe players (Schneiderlin, Blind...) and those returning from loans (Varela, Januzaj...). Was hoping to tempt Juve with £75m but spread over a few years

17 minutes ago, Verby said:

200m for Dybala it seems, saw a guy who was Barca pay that, 200m up front and thats all they accept when I bid, 200m and thats only because the board intervened and accepted. (I didnt buy though obviously)

Ouch!!

May have to make other plans!

Icardi is already at Chelsea and I am not keen on Morata, any other suggestions for a Complete Striker?

2 minutes ago, Mikeraff said:

Ouch!!

May have to make other plans!

Icardi is already at Chelsea and I am not keen on Morata, any other suggestions for a Complete Striker?

Lewandowski, Kane, Lukaku, Belotti can all play CF.

4 minutes ago, Verby said:

Torino in Serie A

Cheers, will check him out.

Went a bit crazy with Youth signings so will see if any look like stepping up at the start of season 2.

Managed to give Angel Gomes 15 games so far in season 1 and he's developing nicely, hope to get Tuanzebe some games in season 2 (he's on loan season 1)

3 minutes ago, Mikeraff said:

Cheers, will check him out.

Went a bit crazy with Youth signings so will see if any look like stepping up at the start of season 2.

Managed to give Angel Gomes 15 games so far in season 1 and he's developing nicely, hope to get Tuanzebe some games in season 2 (he's on loan season 1)

Give Mensah game time aswel, he can play RB, CD,  DM and CM so he can get gametime somewhere

Anyone got any tips for getting the best out of Pogba?

I'm using a standard 4-2-3-1 formation at the moment and he's doing okay but not exactly shining if you know what I mean. Tries him as an Advanced Playmaker and a deep lying one and he's yet to do much.

Just wondered if someone knew a better formation for him perhaps or some general instructions I could use for him?

3 hours ago, Chase Failey said:

Anyone got any tips for getting the best out of Pogba?

I'm using a standard 4-2-3-1 formation at the moment and he's doing okay but not exactly shining if you know what I mean. Tries him as an Advanced Playmaker and a deep lying one and he's yet to do much.

Just wondered if someone knew a better formation for him perhaps or some general instructions I could use for him?

I play him Box to Box and he's scored some absolute screamers and important screamers too

On 02/11/2016 at 18:54, Verby said:

Tottenham loss was hard to take, Eriksen scored a 93 minute screamer from 40 yards to win them the game and end by 26 game unbeaten run and got outplayed fair and square by A.Madrid Away but got revenge at home. I cant seem to shake off Spurs in the league, they have been right up my arse all season

resultsv2.png

a58bc2ea474184e75d33101cd5958361.png

Update on this now i'm coming to the tail end of the season, 

results end of season 3.png

Some real fantastic results since the last screenshot I took,  most notably Arsenal 4-0 at Home and a bunch of potentially tricky Away games. Not yet known who I have in the next round of the Champions League, but the aim is to win it this season.

table end of season 3.png

Table looking like this with 10 games left, Arsenal being kept in it by the sheer goal scoring ability of Lacazette, he has 22 goals with 10 assists!

lacazette.png

Will do a proper write up of my third season when its finished!  Transfers etc

19 minutes ago, MorganGalahad said:

Guys can I get screenshots for 

Dybala

Christensen

Koulibaly

Laporte

Thanks!

https://gyazo.com/7fe16664ff9aecd49af544a363c84431

https://gyazo.com/148086617c3c400d27f90de6e3554a96

https://gyazo.com/34565430b170b7aa0fa22c685af21577

https://gyazo.com/218393ce1122256d91072efdeafedfc2

All in order that you asked them in, April 2019.

6 hours ago, Chris21 said:

I play him Box to Box and he's scored some absolute screamers and important screamers too

I play Pogba on CM(A) with player instruction of shoot more. Scores some belters for me too.

23 hours ago, Viruz07 said:

When do Carrick and zlatan retire?

Zlatan still playing in his 3rd season for me and contracted to 2020. No sign of retiring yet for me. Carrick is in Portugal playing for Sporting.

Season 3 Overview

Good season all round, had a seriously good start to the league, going unbeaten in our first 7 games up until losing 2-1 away to Tottenham. 6 Games lost all season out of 60 competitive games, not bad at all. Griezmann with an astonishing return of 41 goals and 15 assists in a 54 (4) games. 

English Premier Division

Won the league with a game in hand, was a 3 horse race for the whole season. Chelsea were there with us but couldn't keep up with the pace in the second half of the season. Kane and Eriksen the stand out performers for Tottenham and Lacazette, Giroud and Sanchez for Arsenal. Man City and Liverpool finishing 9th and 11th. Might be a few signings I can steal now in the summer.

GODSQUAD 3.png

European Champions Cup

Drawn into a easy group with Athletico Madrid, Mainz and AS Monaco. Won 5 games and lost 1. Lost 3-2 to Athletico Away, advanced top of the group to play Villarreal, who at the time had scintillating form in The Spanish First Divison, I knew I couldnt underestimate them and we scraped a 2-1 win Away and Drew 1-1 at Old Trafford. Next up was Tottenham, in the Quarter Final, I was confident of a win before the first leg, a 3-0 win at Home gave us confidence to go into the second league with no fears and we got a 1-1 Draw away. Next up was the mighty PSG, French Champions for the last 6 years running. First leg was at home, I had a whole strength squad, I was confident, the only goals in the game coming in the first 10 minutes, we had 19 shots to there 2, it was just one of those games. Second leg started off well, before Eric Baily scored an own goal and it was all down hill from there, Di Maria, Hirving Lozano and Cavani hitting us on the break at every oppurtunity, we should have lost 5-0, especially after Pogba was sent off for a second yellow card.

GODSQUAD4.png

English FA Cup

Fairly straight forward Route to the final, beating Norwich, Watford, Rotherham, Middlesbrough, Southampton and then Everton in the Final. Funny enough every game was played Away from Home except the Semis and the Final.

GODSQUAD 6.png

Squad Overview

Stand out players we're obviously Griezmann, Martial and Berahino, scoring 91 goals between the 3 of them. Mata had a good season aswel, I want to try and get Pogba involved alot more in the Goals/Assists, 6/6 return from 34 starts is abit poor from that calibre of player, but its a team game. I will be offloading Darmian this summer, I have regens pushing him for a place now and in all honest his stats are not the greatest, Mata will also be offloaded as he is 30 now and although his stats are not reflecting any decline, he definitely slowed down alot from last season, I want to push Dele Alli up in the CAM position aswel so he has to make way. The Jury is out on Fellani, he is 31 now and still worth 9m or so, I could get cash for him but hes such a good player to have around, he just slots in whenever im short.

Griezmann was not happy we didn't win the Champions League and is now complaining he wants to play in a better League (Yeah Ok), he now has me under his favoured personnel so im hoping a new contract will shut him up and tie him down again for a long time because I wont be getting rid of him for any price. Barcelona, Madrid and PSG are showing interest all throughout the season, he has a 150m release clause in his contract and thats the only way they will be getting him.

godsquad 1.png

Talent at Old Trafford

Below are some of the best talent that have made there way into the first team this season, I will just give the best 5.

Fosu-Mensah, started an incredible 25 league appearances for me this term. No nonsense Ball Winning Midfielder who can also fill in at RB and CB.

mensah 4.png

Fidel Honore, 13 League appearances this term. Rotated well with Luke Shaw, i'm hoping he develops well, hes still only 17, he has time. 

Honore.png

Mathias Laporte, 17 League games this term. Assisting in 4 goals and linking up well with his fellow french team mates Griezmann and Pogba. Again, only 17, only time will tell if he makes the cut.

Laporte.png

Kieran Tierney, the 8.5m buy from Celtic in my first season in charge. 16 League games started this term and had 4 MOTM awards. Flys up and down the wing with his 17 acceleration and 15 pace and his 16 work rate hes just a machine!

Tierney.png

Leonie Lambert, last but not least. The Local lad, come through the youth setup and started an incredible 27 times for the first team in the league this season at the tender age of 16. I just want to get his crossing up abit more.

lambert.png

5 hours ago, Verby said:

Thanks, mate! @Verby

Can I get:

Gaya

Rugani

Romagnoli

Lucas Hernandez

Jose Gimenez

Hojbjerg

Ruben Neves

Bazoer

2 hours ago, ManUtdFan said:

Anyone successfully bought a player from Arsenal yet? I'm after Bellerin, who has an asking price of 36m, yet Arsenal keep still wanting like 60m from me...

Haven't tried on full game but they wouldn't sell me him on beta

What role you been using Mikitaryan and Mata been contemplating using a 4-4-2 but not sure who would suit what role this year. Last year I build a successful 4-4-2 with Depay and Mata on the flanks as Winger and Wide Playmaker. With Martial and Barbosa as the strikers as Complete Forward and False Nine 

They are just used as wide midfielders.

Hey guys, finally getting round to getting involved in this thread. Was waiting for it to pop up then totally forgot to check haha.

I have been playing as United through the Beta and am currently half way through the 4th season. I've done ok so far.

1st Season: Won the League(with a game in hand) and Charity Shield

2nd Season: 3rd in the league, Won the Charity Shield and FA Cup andlost in the Final of the Champions league to Bayern

3rd Season: Won the League, Charity Shield and FA Cup and again lost in the final of the Champions League, this time to PSG!!! Well annoyed with that as I beat Ath Madrid 8-2 over the 2 legs in the semi.

4th Season: Won the Charity Shield so far, in the FA Cup 5th Round and in the 1st round knockout stage of the champions league. The league table so far is as below.

Screenshot_25.png

This is my current squad:

Screenshot_26.png

I am trying not to spend a load of money every year and instead promote the youth but I have signed a few players over the 3 and a bit season.

Sales -

Fellaini - 21m
Rojo 21m
Romero -5m
Valencia - 4.5m
Schneiderlin - 29m
De Vrij - 22.5m
Young 4.9m
Angel Correa - 42m
Varela - 5.75m
Januzaj - 5.75m
Mkhitarayan - 23m

Signings -

De Vrij - 15.5m
Christian Pavon - 6.25m - good youngster
Adrien Silva - 25.5m - Very good CM from sporting
Robben - free - Didn't need him but he was free and still had the pace so though sod it
Angel Correa - 32m - Great player but got annoyed at being rotated so sold him after a while for profit.
Chicharito - 33m - Not sure why I bought him back but he has done very well, got 25 goals I think last season.
Jack Wilshere - Free - Arsenal let him go, I snapped him up and he's worth 35m and is a good player, hardly been injured for me which is a shock, will sell him soon for huge profit as he is not getting enough games.
Felix Passlack - 6.75m - good RB and provides competition for Darmian and Warren
David Silva - 1.7m - Made a mistake getting him, thought City were stupid for transfer listing him so cheap so snapped him up, barely plays for me, but does well when he does
Luan - 11.5m - Not a bad little player, another one that doesn't make the team, is out on loan at the moment.
Dybala - 54m - This was a weird one, I was chasing him for a couple of seasons offering 170m and Juve turned it down, then last Jan transfer window I saw they had accepted 54m from City and Barcelona, so I went in a got him. No idea why they accepted that when they could have had 120m more the season before, but I am not complaining.
Christiano Ronaldo - Got him on Loan for the second half of the 3rd season as he was unhappy and transfer listed and he had a;lready turned down a contract form me, so I had him on loan with a permanent deal included at the end of it.
Ruben Neves - Free - Anothe rplayer I was shocked to see released, had to snap him up.

There are a few more signings but they are ones my DoF signed for the youth team.

I haven't read through all the thread but if people aren't using Rashford and are looking for other strikers to replace zlatan, rooney etc, don't. Rashford is a beast. He is getting 30 plus goals a season for me. I have trained him up as much and given him a few traits.

Screenshot_27.png

Other notable youngsters to train up and play that are already at the club from the start are:-

Tyrell Warren - I have trained him up as much as I can but still doesn't have amazing stats, but as a CWB- R He is very good and a good back up.

Cameron Borthwick-Jackson - I have seen mixed opinions on him round this forum and others, but for me he is pushing Shaw for the LB spot. After training him up he looks very good.

Timothy Fosu-Mensah - Nothing really needs to be said about him, he is a beast, I think everyone knows how good he is and can be.

Ro-Shaun Williams - Another player who after training hasn't really increased stats amazingly, but he always performs amazing when I pick him, he is my first choice back up CB ahead of Fosu-Mensah

Andreas Pereira - A good midfielder to have in the squad, he pretty much always performs well when I play him and he has a beast of a free kick!

Angel Gomes - Whatever you do, get him trained up and tutored. He is quality and rotates with Mata in the starting eleven, he usually performs better than Mata and is and England International already.

Burkhart, Chong, Boonen, Gribbin and Tuanzebe are also players to note who look good enough.

2 minutes ago, OneUnited said:

Just started up a save, a couple of games in and beat Leicester 5-1, Sunderland 2-0 and Everton 3-1

I've kept the squad as is, no transfers in or out at the moment. Lingard is a beast. Play him out on the right as an IFs in a 4-1-2-3 formation. 

VotIQCQ.jpg

Yeah Lingard is quality, I have him strained up as a False 9 aswell as back up.

Archived