FM17: Manchester United - The Special One Arrives

mikenevo

32 minutes ago, Verby said:

Potentially ruined the enjoyment of the save for me now. 

brexit.png

It's a ridiculous feature, considering it isn't even set in stone that the UK will exit the EU. It'll ruin a lot of saves for people, that's for sure. They just as well add a feature for WWIII just in case someone kicks that off in the future.

This save is just a warm up for me to get used to the new version. My first full save will either be holidayed until after this event to get one which doesn't impact my game or try find a way to edit it/wait for someone to find an edit to remove it. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally don't see what the issue is with the Brexit feature. UK will leave the EU, not sure how you can say that it isn't set in stone?! We don't know the timeframe for it yet or exactly how we will exit.

FM has replicated this by pushing the exit until 2019, which the UK has to leave by, and making various exit strategies. What will you do then if the UK hard exits IRL? Just edit the game so it's not as real life?

14 minutes ago, davehanson said:

Personally don't see what the issue is with the Brexit feature. UK will leave the EU, not sure how you can say that it isn't set in stone?! We don't know the timeframe for it yet or exactly how we will exit.

FM has replicated this by pushing the exit until 2019, which the UK has to leave by, and making various exit strategies. What will you do then if the UK hard exits IRL? Just edit the game so it's not as real life?

Why have an option in the game where they dont leave the EU then? 

4 minutes ago, davehanson said:

Because we are leaving the EU. The only question(s) are when and how - which is what the game randomizes 

Well thats where the problem is lol.. they have put random outcomes in the game when nothing is set in stone yet

37 minutes ago, davehanson said:

Did you not see that the high court ruled that Theresa May cannot trigger the UKs exit from the EU without a vote, meaning nothing is set in stone about leaving the EU. So if MPs vote to remain in the EU then this feature is wrong.

If the UK does hard exit the EU in the future then I expect future versions of the game to replicate actual factual events, not events that may or may not happen. Anyway, this is a thread about Man United, not Brexit. I'm just saying leaving the EU is not a foregone conclusion and so it should never have been introduced into the game.

So injuries should be removed from the game? They are not a forgone conclusion. 

Yes I obviously saw the high court ruling. If the MP's vote to remain to stay in the EU after the public voted out then I will personally pay for a season tcket at United for you.

I see there's still the problem of players complaining about not playing when they are injured. Just had Pogba complain about it and he has literally just come back from injury and isn't anywhere near fit enough to come on as a sub let alone start a game.

Thought they would have sorted that out by now, been in the game for years

Halfway through my first season in charge. Took me a couple of games to get my tactics right, but we're looking good right now. Too bad we lost the Community Shield to Leicester who haven't been in great form to say the least. 

Haven't bought anyone, sold Valencia and Young. Rooney, Fellaini and Schweinsteiger didn't want to leave and have featured only a couple of games when numbers were needed. Let's see if I can shift them in the Winter Transfer Window.

And I'm loving Liverpool's position :lol:

20161106185822_1.jpg

I seemed to have turned a corner in terms of team performances, after we fell to pieces through Jan/Feb we have found our form.Rashford has also found his scoring touch and is on a serious roll at the moment

Rx0vdD6.png?1

This after going 10 hours without finding the net.

Tactic has been tweaked a little, my DM is now a Ball winner(Defend) and I play with 2 wingbacks on attack duty so we now have passing options out wide when the IF's cut inside.

This makes no sense

points.png

It says I am edging closer to a new team record which is 92 points, and the league record is 100 points that I am chasing aswell. I set that record last season so how is the team record only 92? haha

Why have simple things like fixture congestion not been improved?Every version has the same cock up.

I have Man City in the semi final of the FA Cup on the Sunday and Barcelona in the Champions League on the Tuesday, one whole day recovery time.

A fun little tidbit for making the most out of that first transfer window budget. Go after some old guys!

For me fixing the defense was my #1 priority, after transferring a few people out, I brought in Manolas and Rugani to sure up my CB's, then Toni Lato to back up Shaw and promoted Tyrell Warren to learn from and back up Darmian. 

Left me with very little to improve my attack. But a FREE transfer to back up your offense is Ronaldinho. His physicals aren't great at all, but his mental and Technicals are immense! I brought him in as back up for the CAM position in case of emergency, but more specifically to tutor Angel Gomes, who is also in the rotation for CAM. He's only available for a 9 month, ~$1m contract. Doesn't have a great expectation to play.

I recently had my emergency, with Mata and Herrera both injured and out for 2 and 4 months respectively. Gave Ronaldinho his first start, handled 90 mins, with 2 assists, 8.5 rating. 

I tried to do the same with Drogba, but he was set on seeing out his contract and retiring.

Season 5 Review

Well what can I say about this season? It has been so much fun, one of my favourite of any of my FM saves ever.

At the end of my season 4 review I said I needed to cut the wage bill due to the club reducing the budget. I believe I showed on a previous post that I got rid of quite a few players raising over 200m in the process. I only bought in Sterling on a free and a youth team player my DoF bought.

The aim for this season was to win as much as possible and try for a second consecutive season unbeaten. I wasn't expecting much because of all the players I sold and only replacing them with more youth team players. The youth team is full of players with fantastic players, it shocks me to see others spending loads on new players. This is what you can do with the current crop and just a few additions, once you have trained the youth up and given them a chance.

Season_end.jpg

This season, despite not expecting much, turned out to be even better than last season. We won everything we entered, scored even more goals and conceded much less, broke more records( most league wins, most league points, most league goals, possibly least conceded, not sure about that, De Gea broke the record for most clean sheets in the league with 23 and a few others I can't remember) and to top it off we went unbeaten once again, in fact we only lost 1 game in all competitions compared to last seasons 2, and we have played a lot more games this year.

Here's a better look at the league table

s5league.jpg

You can see below the squad( well most of it as I couldn't fit them all in) organised by most goals so you can see where the goals are coming from, quite well spread out.

s5squad.png

Highlights of The Season

I think the highlight player of the season has to be De Gea, even though Rashford once again tore it up, De Gea saved us so many times and kept us from losing games(just like real life at times haha). I'll show you his season stats.
de_gea.png
I am pretty sure he saved about 7 pens aswell.

The highlight game of the season was the 8-0 thrashing of city I posted somewhere above, wasn't expecting to win so easily.

Plans going forward

Well I have already won everything so the aim is to do it all over again. Once again I won't be spending too much money, although I do have an agreed transfer for a dortmund youngster for 33m. But I am looking at selling a few players again, the older ones, and see if there are any good players released from their clubs at the end of the season. Can't believe I have managed to pick up Wilshere, Neves and Sterling on frees over the last few years. Sterling is worth 33m I think, so I'll probably sell him at some point and make a nice profit again.

If any people are starting a save with United or thinking about it, my advice is, trust the youth. Train them well, tutor them and give them game time and you will reap the rewards.

Great, end of second season and Martial has come to me saying he wants to Join Madrid as they are a "BIGGER" club.I'll only let him go if they offer £66m.

I've got Morata coming in next season so Rashford could move out to the left.

5 hours ago, Rhazmuz said:

Anyone know what happens if you dont win the league in the first season?

Are you fired, seeing as they expect you to win it?

As long as you are in the top 4 and not too far behind you shouldn't get sacked, unless you finish off the season with a really bad run

Definitely getting more out of Pogba this year, as a Box to Box Away from home and Advanced Playmaker at Home, given him pure freedom to do what he wants, take long shots, dribble more and get further forward.

Three absolute screamers last game. Best hat trick ive seen and ive played alot of FM in my years.

pogba hatrick.png

pogba goal 1.pngPogba goal 2.pngPogba goal 3.png

Pogba Goals season.png

4 minutes ago, Verby said:

Gave the lads a full on roasting after this first leg loss, gave them an aggressive pre match team talk aswel. They done me proud.

first leg loss.pngfirst leg win.png

Nice :)

How are you finding Rashford?

Hes good, gets me out of trouble ALOT. This season he has really stepped up when I needed him, hes so dangerous played as a poacher as his OFF The Ball, acceleration, pace are so high. Hes just always in the right place at the right time. He has 7 in the cup, 5 in Europe on top of the 17 in the league.

I play him up top with Martial, I have them swap positions through the game so there harder to mark.

rashford poacher.png

I was going to use him as a poacher, but I prefer everyone being involved in the play, so I play him as either a complete forward or False 9. His link with a SS behind him and 2 IF either side is a joy to watch and he scores for fun and gets a ton of assists aswell. He sets up loads for others but a lot are missed or he would smash any assist record.

Going to try Pogba on a BBM to see if he links up more with the front 4, hopefully will get more goals and assits more for others

Powello, would you mind posting a few screenshots of your tactic(s) please? Started my long term save with Utd last night but it ain'g going too well.

Had a great save in the Beta with Spurs where I finished 2nd and got the the CL final, but just can't get anything at all going with Utd.

7 minutes ago, davehanson said:

Powello, would you mind posting a few screenshots of your tactic(s) please? Started my long term save with Utd last night but it ain'g going too well.

Had a great save in the Beta with Spurs where I finished 2nd and got the the CL final, but just can't get anything at all going with Utd.

I would if I used the same tactics all the time, but I change it most games depending on who I am playing and during the game depending on how it's going. I like to keep the AI guessing.

The first 2 seasons I used the same tactic most games and I found it got found out after a while so now I mix it up all the time to keep the AI guessing.

what are you using?

Just now, scott MUFC said:

getting rather fed up of this rubbish finishing.. especially headers

Yeah I have found headers to be bad. I don't watch the matches anymore, I don't like the quality of it. Watching players run along side the opposition without tackling them, or the keepers poor saving ability, but especially players missing open goals, putting shots wide when it's easier to hit the target, or the headers being about as powerful as a dead rat. Watching the games reminds me of sensible soccer just in 3D. It has improved over the years but they have a long way to go to make it look right

1 minute ago, Verby said:

I have always used 2D lol, never ever used 3D in any FMs, 

At the moment, you aren't missing much haha. I started off for the first season watching both 3d and 2d to see how the match engine works and what does and doesn't work for my team. Now I have a good idea how it works this year I just have it on commentary now

Just now, Powello said:

At the moment, you aren't missing much haha. I started off for the first season watching both 3d and 2d to see how the match engine works and what does and doesn't work for my team. Now I have a good idea how it works this year I just have it on commentary now

Good I was thinking I might be missing out as I have a beast of a Computer but I have just got so used to 2D. Sometimes I do think i'd love to see some of the long range goals in 3D though.

1 minute ago, scott MUFC said:

getting rather fed up of this rubbish finishing.. especially headers

I'm getting irritated on the long ranged from full backs ect players with **** long shots 

10 minutes ago, Verby said:

Good I was thinking I might be missing out as I have a beast of a Computer but I have just got so used to 2D. Sometimes I do think i'd love to see some of the long range goals in 3D though.

Nah, I have a beast of a laptop aswell and it looks alright but the gameplay is so bad.

9 minutes ago, Chapman7 said:

I'm getting irritated on the long ranged from full backs ect players with **** long shots 

Do you have players near them to pass to? and do they have shoot less often on?

Although I have foind neither of them actually matter as they will still shoot even if they have loads of options around them for a pass and they have shoot less often  on and when I add work ball into box on they still do it. Only asking because in the tactics section you will be asked about that if you ask in there how to stop it.

That's another reason I only have it on commentary now, so I don't have to watch things that irritate me

urgh.png

Not sure what to think about this, on the last game, when the club was sold they removed me as manager even though I was winning everything. I will be pissed if they do it this time, I will take over another club and destroy them haha

16 minutes ago, Powello said:

Do you have players near them to pass to? and do they have shoot less often on?

Although I have foind neither of them actually matter as they will still shoot even if they have loads of options around them for a pass and they have shoot less often  on and when I add work ball into box on they still do it. Only asking because in the tactics section you will be asked about that if you ask in there how to stop it.

That's another reason I only have it on commentary now, so I don't have to watch things that irritate me

It's Shaw that tends to do it as he's on support and RB is on Defend as I didn't sign anyone due to not wanting anyone in first window. Though I'm managing to win it's just annoying having 20+ shots and having above or just under half the shots on target. Also can't get Imbrahimovic or Rashford to kick off Rashford has only got 1 goal in 9 app but 5 assists and Zlatan 4 in 8 though that's good ratio would like him to be hitting more for a striker of his calibre. Though Rashford is young seen fair few people managing to get him scoring fair few from the bench and few starts.

6 minutes ago, Chapman7 said:

It's Shaw that tends to do it as he's on support and RB is on Defend as I didn't sign anyone due to not wanting anyone in first window. Though I'm managing to win it's just annoying having 20+ shots and having above or just under half the shots on target. Also can't get Imbrahimovic or Rashford to kick off Rashford has only got 1 goal in 9 app but 5 assists and Zlatan 4 in 8 though that's good ratio would like him to be hitting more for a striker of his calibre. Though Rashford is young seen fair few people managing to get him scoring fair few from the bench and few starts.

If you don't use it, try have him on stay wider, cross more often and shoot less often. ALso is he on FB or WB? I have him on WB and he has about 1 or 2 shots at most a game. Also watch out for the throw in set up, the pre programmed ones have the LB And RB up very high, either in the box or near it. Also who is infront of him? is it a winger or IF etc, the IF will cut in and force shaw out wider which in theory should lead to less shooting from him

6 minutes ago, Powello said:

If you don't use it, try have him on stay wider, cross more often and shoot less often. ALso is he on FB or WB? I have him on WB and he has about 1 or 2 shots at most a game. Also watch out for the throw in set up, the pre programmed ones have the LB And RB up very high, either in the box or near it. Also who is infront of him? is it a winger or IF etc, the IF will cut in and force shaw out wider which in theory should lead to less shooting from him

Yeah just checked and it wasn't on less shooting, cross more often and stay wider which I must have forgot to tick when I recreated the tactic I was planning to use on the beta but didn't get too far in the beta due to work. 

Yeah I'm playing a 4-1-2-1 or as I would say it as 4-3-3-DM  and both wide men are IF with a CF up top. Then a Box-to-box and Advance playmaker and a Defensive midfielder 

12 minutes ago, Chapman7 said:

Yeah just checked and it wasn't on less shooting, cross more often and stay wider which I must have forgot to tick when I recreated the tactic I was planning to use on the beta but didn't get too far in the beta due to work. 

Yeah I'm playing a 4-1-2-1 or as I would say it as 4-3-3-DM  and both wide men are IF with a CF up top. Then a Box-to-box and Advance playmaker and a Defensive midfielder 

How are you getting on with that? without seeing the tactic as a whole to me the IF's, BBM, APM and CF will all want to occupy the same area, the CF will drop back into the BBM and APM area, and with the IF cutting in they would end up there aswell. Playing against teams that sit deep that should struggle

28 minutes ago, Chapman7 said:

This is how I line up and the wingbacks work a treat staying out wide and offering wing support.

SofWEKP.png?1

Hate to say this but fourth season and De Gea is making some serious howlers for me, dropping the ball when he should be catching it and letting it run free after a shot, happened a couple of times this season now and twice in one game just now against Juventus

Season 6 First Transfer Window review

Once again it's a window of selling and a big transfer out. PSG love my players and I couldn't resist their offer for Depay as I have plenty of players who can play in his position and he was on big wages.

Screenshot_55.png

I picked up Danny Rose on a free, just because I could really, don't really need him but it's nice to have a good back up to my back up instead of using a terrible youth player(the youth have a shortage of fullbacks good or bad). I wasn't going to spend any money but I found the lad below with a minimum release clause of 33.5m and you can see the potential there so I had to snap him up. I have many young players who play in the same position but they could do with some more training before they are ready so he will do to fill the little gap I had.

Screenshot_56.png

I still have a transfer budget of over 300m if I really wanted to spend it.

Once again I won the Community Shield comfortably, 4-1 against Arsenal, and the Super Cup, also 4-1, against Benfica and started off with 3 wins in the league to make it 80 games unbeaten in the league :)

3 minutes ago, Powello said:

Season 6 First Transfer Window review

Once again it's a window of selling and a big transfer out. PSG love my players and I couldn't resist their offer for Depay as I have plenty of players who can play in his position and he was on big wages.

Screenshot_55.png

I picked up Danny Rose on a free, just because I could really, don't really need him but it's nice to have a good back up to my back up instead of using a terrible youth player(the youth have a shortage of fullbacks good or bad). I wasn't going to spend any money but I found the lad below with a minimum release clause of 33.5m and you can see the potential there so I had to snap him up. I have many young players who play in the same position but they could do with some more training before they are ready so he will do to fill the little gap I had.

Screenshot_56.png

I still have a transfer budget of over 300m if I really wanted to spend it.

Once again I won the Community Shield comfortably, 4-1 against Arsenal, and the Super Cup, also 4-1, against Benfica and started off with 3 wins in the league to make it 80 games unbeaten in the league :)

Hes a beast, start getting him to learn some traits.

Archived