FM17: Manchester United - The Special One Arrives

mikenevo

2 minutes ago, OneUnited said:

He's making it hard for me to fit other players into my team. 

One thing I try to do is rotate players every so often, it's hard to do that when they are on a roll but you have to keep others happy and every one fresh. On my save it's easier as I have so many injuries it's ridiculous. I try and play only players who are above 90% match fit. I do have a huge first team squad to keep happy though haha

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, thim1993 said:

Just started my proper save, who did people plump for as right back signing. Negotiated a few:

passlack - 16 rising to 25

mario fernandes - 21 rising to 29

florenzi - 26

cancelo - 23

Can't decide between them really. Thoughts?

You don't need one Darmian is quality and Tyrell Warren is a good back up. First season I used Valencia aswell and he did well. I have Passalack as back up so I would pick him if I was reccomending anyone. Fernandes was quality on 16 and he still looks good on this one so maybe him.

Started a new Man Utd save today. First league match at the Emirates. 2-1 down after 64 minutes and Bailly brings down Sanchez in the box. Penalty and red card. Schneiderlin joins the debate with the ref and gets himself send off as well!

30 minutes left, 2 men down and penalty to Arsenal...

Ozil misses the pen, Martial/Zlatan counter and score!

We hold on the rest of the match!

Should be a good save :)

Started my first save with Utd on the full game. I started by bringing in some new staff members as you can see above and then set about building my tactics. I have gone with a high pressing 433 as my main tactic with martial and mkhi as inside forwards. The variation of this tactic is to drop a cm into a defensive midfield role, usually Morgan or Fosu-Mensah but occasionally Carrick too. My secondary tactic which I will be experimenting with is a 4-3-1-2. Not letting me insert screenshots atm but I will upload them when I can.  Finding the transfer window harder than the beta

29 minutes ago, MorganGalahad said:

Does Blind form a back 3 with your CBs when your WBs bomb forward?

Not really. He's usually in front of them marking a striker or in the game against Arsenal he was always marking Cazorla who was in the AMC role for them. So the two central defenders are free to cover their one striker. Worked well. 

FpHtpma.jpg

9 minutes ago, OneUnited said:

Not really. He's usually in front of them marking a striker or in the game against Arsenal he was always marking Cazorla who was in the AMC role for them. So the two central defenders are free to cover their one striker. Worked well. 

FpHtpma.jpg

Nice! How's Pogba faring as BBM?

He's doing okay. 1 goal and 2 assists from 3 games with an average 7.93 rating. I will sometimes use him in the AP role when Herrera sits out and Fellaini comes in as the BBM. As I said earlier I've made no new signings at all, so really it's only between him, Hererra and Fellaini for those two positions. 

4 minutes ago, OneUnited said:

He's doing okay. 1 goal and 2 assists from 3 games with an average 7.93 rating. I will sometimes use him in the AP role when Herrera sits out and Fellaini comes in as the BBM. As I said earlier I've made no new signings at all, so really it's only between him, Hererra and Fellaini for those two positions. 

Any plans to try him as RPM?

Season 4 Review

This has been a very good season. Started off comfortably winning the Community Shield

Screenshot_30.png

I played a weaker team in the EFL Cup and got knocked out in the 3rd round on pens by Everton.

I won the FA Cup once again for the 3rd time in a row, extremely comfortably against Arsenal

Screenshot_31.png

Won the league once again at a canter, finished it unbeaten with a record goal and points tally, had a couple of games where I thought we might lose but we dug in and avoided a loss. Very chuffed.

Screenshot_32.png

And in the Champions League we reached the final for the third time in a row. If you read my earlier post you would have noticed we lost the last 2 to Bayern and PSG. This year we faced PSG once again and revenge was on our minds. Did we get it though?

Screenshot_33.png

Too blooming right we did!! It has been an amazing season, one where we only lost 2 games in all competitions. Going to be tough to replicate and beat it next year, especially now we have to get rid of players because we are way over the wage limit. I have to cut it down by around a million. David Silva is retiring, he was on 375k a week so that's a third saved.

Highlights of the season

The main highlight has been Rashford. He has got 50 goals in 49 games overall along with 21 assists. He is valued at 59m now and is wanted by PSG, but they can sod off. They want loads of my players haha.

The highlight game of this seaosn is this one -

Screenshot_34.png

Nothing better than destroying your rivals!!

Here is the squad stats for the season, as you can see we scored goals all over the place.

Screenshot_35.png

Plans for next season

Next season as I said before I need to cut the wage bill so will be getting rid of some of the older players and promoting some more youth to replace them. I'm not looking at buying anyone. The kids I have promoted over the last 4 years have been fantastic, the class of 2017 I call them haha. I promoted 12 players in 2017, most are still in the first team squad and turning into world class players.

Apart from that, I want to win as much as possible and try and go for another season unbeaten, doubt I'll do it this time though but you never know.

I accepted a similar offer for martial, didn't want to sell him but have so much quality to replace him already in the squad I took it. As far as Pogba is concerned, hell no, he is hard to replace

18 minutes ago, Powello said:

I accepted a similar offer for martial, didn't want to sell him but have so much quality to replace him already in the squad I took it. As far as Pogba is concerned, hell no, he is hard to replace

I hate them so much, look at them here, all in the space of a day.

offers.png

Haha, I am having the same from PSG, they seem to be the richest club in the world now. They bought Martial off me for 96m then straight after they offer 58m for Rashford and they want  a few of my oother players

PSG offered me £18m for Fellaini... and then vanished when I asked for £25m :(

Sold Jones for £30m and wanted to get in someone else, and Naturally he chose the club where most of the money is in installments :mad: was going to get Jeison Murillo as a replacement...

still there is always January, and Chelsea have unsettled Icardi as well, so might go for a double swoop if PSG show me some money.

Season 5 Summer Transfer Update

So the summer window has just shut and below is the business I have done

Screenshot_36.png

As you can see, I have sold a load of players to get the wage budget right down under the limit. What has happened is I have severly weakened the side and only brought in Sterling on a free transfer. The other signing is a keeper for the u23's. I do have a transfer budget now of over 300m but I have decided not to use it, instead I have promted another 9 players from the u23's. None of them are really ready but they will get a lot of game time I expect considering the amount of injuries we had last season.

So far we have retained the Community Shield, for the 5th season in a row, against Arsenal in a tight battle we won on pens. We have also won the Super Cup against Spurs 2-0. In the league we have only played 3, won 2 drew 1.

I can tell from the quality of games so far that it could be a tough season. We have missed a few players for the first few games because of the olympics so it should get easier when they are fit.

This will be the first year I've taken a proper run at a long term game. I've had a lot of success in 1/2 season games but now looking at improving my management of youth teams. 

I spent the beta with Man U and had an absolute nightmare trying to sell Rooney!! Any advice on what I can hope to get for him? End of transfer on the beta agreed 9.5 with PSG and he refused due to wages. 

How does De Gea perform as a Sweeper? I only used him to great success as a standard and am changing things up in the new game and think my formation will work better with Sweeper. 

1 minute ago, Stealthoneill said:

This will be the first year I've taken a proper run at a long term game. I've had a lot of success in 1/2 season games but now looking at improving my management of youth teams. 

I spent the beta with Man U and had an absolute nightmare trying to sell Rooney!! Any advice on what I can hope to get for him? End of transfer on the beta agreed 9.5 with PSG and he refused due to wages. 

How does De Gea perform as a Sweeper? I only used him to great success as a standard and am changing things up in the new game and think my formation will work better with Sweeper. 

I ended up sending Rooney on loan for a few seasons getting something like 500k a month from it then eventually I let him go on a free as no one wanted to buy him, even though he pretty much scored whenever I played him.

De Gea is a quality sweeper keeper, I used one for a while and he did very well there, but I use him as a standard one mostly

Yeah he is good, make sure you develop him properly as I haven't and he hasn't got much better. He is still on the fringes of the squad but is the last resort.

Centre of defence is one position you don't have to worry about. You have Fosu-Mensah, Ro-Shaun Williams(beast), and Tuazebe, plus others  if you develop them properly.

Ro-Shaun Williams is quality

Screenshot_37.png

his attributes might not look amazing, but I have been playing him for 3 and a bit seasons in the first team now and his stats each seaosn has been:-

17/18 - 7(8) games - 1 goal - 7.20 av rating
18/19 - 13(2) - 4 -7.71
19/20 - 21(4) - 1 - 7.74
and so far this season 4 - 0 - 8.05

I wish I had developed him properly but for the first season I forgot all about training and tutoring for the youngsters and just got on with the first team. But then even though he looks crap for a prem team he performs amazingly and is now my first choice centre back. He would have been last seaosn but I had Jones, Smalling, Bailly etc ahead of him.

I would have to put Axel Tuanzebe in that list of youth/reserve players to keep faith with.

tB8qxL9.png?1

If you're looking for a star of the future then go to Benfica and buy this kid

p6TVqtF.png?1

I'm at 30 December 2017 and we're sitting pretty top of the league although most games are a battle(I loved the first version of the game when I was blowing teams away).

KMWHxDb.png?1

We've got Lyon in the 1st knockout round of the Champions league,away to Swansea in the 3rd round of the F.A.Cup and have Burnley in the semi's of the EFL Cup.

Transfer wise I have had a bit of a nightmare in the end

i sold lingard for 24, rojo for 14, jones for 12, valencia for 8, young for 4, fellaini for 17, depay for 12 and Romero for 6

i brought in donarumma for 13 and giminez for 38. This was all I intended to do but then Chelsea made a 21 mil bid for smalling which I rejected but he is now unsettled for some reason and demanding to leave

borthwick Jackson got injured for 2 months so was sent back to me, leaving me to contemplate whether to blind or not

if I let him and smalling go I would be left with roshaun, tuanzebe giminez and bailly with Riley and borthwick back up full backs which looks quite weak

i am now also regretting letting lingard go. My logic for this was to use zlatan and Rooney as strikers first season as nobody would take Wayne with view to buying dybala or griezmann next summer. I would then use rashford and martial off the left first season

now however Rooney has got himself injured for 5 months leaving me with a dilemma. No top strikers will join me so I'm thinking of moving rashford through the middle and buying another aml to compete with martial. 

I have 79 available so hope I would be able to get an aml and cb for that money

Well I was ripping up the league using 3-1-4-1-1 until Mondays update and then I noticed @Oneunited had a nice looking formation,roles and duties etc so I used that but with a F9 lone striker and standard/very fluid mentality and team shape,

vFgt9ne.png?1

TdzSdge.png?1

There are PI's too,BBM=get forward more and move in channels,more direct passes.

Adv PM = roam from position.

Just had this pleasing result playing a lot of youngsters

Screenshot_38.png

Williams, o'connor, chong and gribbin were making their debuts after being promoted from the youth side in the summer. Williams is a 17 year old who came through the youth intake

1 hour ago, axehan1 said:

Well I was ripping up the league using 3-1-4-1-1 until Mondays update and then I noticed @Oneunited had a nice looking formation,roles and duties etc so I used that but with a F9 lone striker and standard/very fluid mentality and team shape,

vFgt9ne.png?1

TdzSdge.png?1

There are PI's too,BBM=get forward more and move in channels,more direct passes.

Adv PM = roam from position.

You Sold Pogba?!?!

Archived