FM17: Manchester United - The Special One Arrives

mikenevo

6 minutes ago, Verby said:

Try Killer Balls for sure, Has the Passing, Vision and Decisions

Yeah good thinking, I'll do that while I try and figure out how I am going to use him haha

1 minute ago, Verby said:

Juventus must really HATE Martial :lol:, through to the final, hoping to win this its taken me four years! Got PSG in the final, I dont have the best track record against them.

juve 1.pngJuve 2.png

Nice results :) PSG can be tough. I lost to them in the second final I got to but go my payback the following 2 seasons, probably why they keep buying my players haha

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Powello said:

How are you getting on with that? without seeing the tactic as a whole to me the IF's, BBM, APM and CF will all want to occupy the same area, the CF will drop back into the BBM and APM area, and with the IF cutting in they would end up there aswell. Playing against teams that sit deep that should struggle

I've only lost once in 11 and that was to Arsenal even though we went 2-0 up. Here's the tactic/formation I use:

Manchester United_  Overview-2.png

3 minutes ago, Verby said:

This could either end every good or VERY bad, 3 games left and this is how close the table is. I could end up coming 4th.. Wolves (A), Chelsea (H) and Arsenal (H)

league table 1.png

Good thing for you is the Chelsea and Arsenal games are at home

1 minute ago, Chapman7 said:

I've only lost once in 11 and that was to Arsenal even though we went 2-0 up. Here's the tactic/formation I use:

Manchester United_  Overview-2.png

Fair enough, only thing there I wouldn't pick really is retain  possession, I find when I use it my players keep the ball for the sake of it even when there is through ball and dangerous passes on they will just play the short safe pass and won't take too much risk. I used to use that to get posession up but my tactics work a lot better without it and I still get high posession most of the time. As they say, there's no point in having all the posession if you aren't going to do anything with it. But if it's working for you then good :)

2 games in a row the managers of Arsenal and RBL have both said before the game that Ronaldo is our weakest link and in both games Ronaldo scores and against arsenal ge got an assist and POM aswell hahaha

I can buy a 33 year old Ronaldo for 23 Mill. He wants a 2 year contract and 5 mill a week. I already have Martial, Griezmann, Dybala, Morata and a couple of young regens. Think I'll get Ronaldo in as a tutor. Might sell Griezmann as he has lost some pace after an injury.

4 minutes ago, trijung said:

I can buy a 33 year old Ronaldo for 23 Mill. He wants a 2 year contract and 5 mill a week. I already have Martial, Griezmann, Dybala, Morata and a couple of young regens. Think I'll get Ronaldo in as a tutor. Might sell Griezmann as he has lost some pace after an injury.

23m for a 33 year old lol and 500k a week, no chance I dont care who he is. How much did you manage to get Dybala for and what season

Good thing the contract clause of 'match highest earner' isnt in this FM  :lol:

2 minutes ago, Verby said:

23m for a 33 year old lol and 500k a week, no chance I dont care who he is.

Actually I think he asked for that. But I didn't give it to him

5 minutes ago, trijung said:

He is a great tutor but 23m? nah that's far too much.

23m for a 33 year old lol and 500k a week, no chance I dont care who he is.

You can get match highest earner clause, I have seen it a few times, I just remove it if they ask for it

Just now, trijung said:

How much did you get him for Powello?

I had him on loan for half a season with a 5m mandatory fee worked in. But he was transfer listed on mine and I have been trying to get him for 2 or 3 seasons constantly had him as my top transfer target and scouted so he was desperate to join after about the 7th time of watching him haha

1 hour ago, Powello said:

Good thing for you is the Chelsea and Arsenal games are at home

League tied up, you were right about having them at home lol would have been alot harder away. Potential treble now with the last two games.

treble hopefully.png

10 minutes ago, Powello said:

I had him on loan for half a season with a 5m mandatory fee worked in. But he was transfer listed on mine and I have been trying to get him for 2 or 3 seasons constantly had him as my top transfer target and scouted so he was desperate to join after about the 7th time of watching him haha

Ok. Did he play well for you? I have some beast regens that really need tutoring and Ronaldo is homegrown, so still tempted to go for him. 

13 minutes ago, trijung said:

Ok. Did he play well for you? I have some beast regens that really need tutoring and Ronaldo is homegrown, so still tempted to go for him. 

Here's his league stats so far

Ronaldo.png

He's been just as good in Europe

Also check out his Portugal record now haha

Ronaldo.png

Pogba has now told me he wants to leave for Madrid, couldnt convince him to stay.. I didnt want to tell him he has to stay until his contract runs down, I might be forced to sell here.. so stupid hes done that after winning everything this year.

6 minutes ago, Verby said:

Woo. Quadruple this season, just before hard Brexit hit. Lovely.

quadruple.png

Nice work :)

4 minutes ago, trijung said:

Ok, thanks :) Guess as a player alone he may not be worth 23 mill and almost 500 k a week. 

Put it this way, if he was 5-6 years younger I would pay that for him, as a player he is still quality, plus a great tutor. But get his wage as low as you can if you decide to get him as the club will seriously reduce the wage budget at some point, well they did for me. I had a budget of 7.5m a month one seaosn then the next they dropped it to 5.5m

5 minutes ago, Verby said:

God, PSG really are testing my resolve here.. hes good but I am so tempted..

Mensah offer.png

How do you guys get such astronomical amounts?I've got Madrid after Martial who has said he wants to go, he thinks he's worth £66m but I doubt Madrid will come in with an offer like that.

1 minute ago, axehan1 said:

How do you guys get such astronomical amounts?I've got Madrid after Martial who has said he wants to go, he thinks he's worth £66m but I doubt Madrid will come in with an offer like that.

I dont know, PSG have money to burn like Madrid and they dont mind spending it on big players.

Ive rejected 90m bids for Martial this season.

4 minutes ago, Verby said:

In the middle of a 4312 formation as a Ball Winning Midfielder. He fills in at CB occasionally

Tuanzebe can do that if you still have him

3 minutes ago, axehan1 said:

PSG love to spend money on anyone in form it seems haha I don't let anyone go if I don't want them to leave. I justt reject bids and tell them they aren't going anywhere if they throw the toys out of the pram. Eventually after winning trophies they become happy.

13 minutes ago, Powello said:

Ah yeah forgot you had that, I'm so glad I missed that. Where are you playing him again?

What you reckon? I'm not going to continue my game now until I make a decision, 94m is ALOT of money. I have Eric Dier who can play there, that might soften the blow.

Mensah2.pngMensah offer.png

What you reckon? I'm not going to continue my game now until I make a decision, 94m is ALOT of money.

Mensah2.pngMensah offer.png

Firstly, good work on the training, he has improved immensley compared to on mine. Secondly, I would personally take it but it's not my game haha. Play Tuanzebe to replace him, jobs a good un.

I might have to start playing him more in midfield

3 minutes ago, Powello said:

Firstly, good work on the training, he has improved immensley compared to on mine. Secondly, I would personally take it but it's not my game haha. Play Tuanzebe to replace him, jobs a good un.

I might have to start playing him more in midfield

Thanks, his physicals are immense, imagine trying to win the ball off someone that strong lol and hes almost 6'3.

Finalised the deal and hes gone now, interested to see how much PSG pay him, he might be back in the future.

edit; hes getting 235k a week there, quaruple what he was on with me haha

Thanks, his physicals are immense, imagine trying to win the ball off someone that strong lol and hes almost 6'3.

Finalised the deal and hes gone now, interested to see how much PSG pay him, he might be back in the future.

Yeah I forget he plays in midfield more than defence lol. Would be hard to stop. I am thinking I might buy martial back when Ronaldo retires, how ever many years that is away.

Secondly....

Screenshot_60.png

I hope you still have Gomes :p

4 minutes ago, Powello said:

Yeah I forget he plays in midfield more than defence lol. Would be hard to stop. I am thinking I might buy martial back when Ronaldo retires, how ever many years that is away.

Secondly....

Screenshot_60.png

I hope you still have Gomes :p

I have him on Loan at Aston Villa, have Mata still and a Czech understudy whos better than him, Will probably offload Gomes this summer.. I take it hes developing well on yours?

I have him on Loan at Aston Villa, have Mata still and a Czech understudy whos better than him, Will probably offload Gomes this summer.. I take it hes developing well on yours?

Screenshot_61.png

You could say that haha

Just now, Powello said:

Haha I keep forgetting the traits for some players, thanks for the reminder

Yeah so do I, they can have 5 I think aswel, theres alot of good ones he could learn.

I tutor to get determination up to 15+ then I do traits.

Yeah so do I, they can have 5 I think aswel, theres alot of good ones he could learn.

I tutor to get determination up to 15+ then I do traits.

I go about it pretty much the same way, if I remember. Problem is I like players to have traits to fit my tactics but I change them all the time haha.

I have trained up most of my attacking players to be good with their weaker foot. I wanted them all to have plays one twos but it seems I can't choose that for a lot of the players for some reason

Just now, Powello said:

I go about it pretty much the same way, if I remember. Problem is I like players to have traits to fit my tactics but I change them all the time haha.

I have trained up most of my attacking players to be good with their weaker foot. I wanted them all to have plays one twos but it seems I can't choose that for a lot of the players for some reason

What coaches do you have by the way? Any good five stars you brought in? I got Bergkamp whos a 4.5 star and Elmander whos also 4.5

What coaches do you have by the way? Any good five stars you brought in? I got Bergkamp whos a 4.5 star and Elmander whos also 4.5

Screenshot_62.png

Nothing outstanding, just a 4.5 star goalkeeping coach and Gary Neville lol. I haven't found many 5 star ones

Think I am going to have to start a new save, this hard brexit is going to ruin this for me, all Youngsters from Italy/Spain/Germany/France/Holland now need work permits for me, I cant even sign them and play them in my youth teams because of the Work permit lol..will have to loan them out at 17 and wont be able to play them until there 22/23 which just sucks all the fun out for me, wont be able to shape them into the players I want them to be etc with tutoring and gametime.

Think I am going to have to start a new save, this hard brexit is going to ruin this for me, all Youngsters from Italy/Spain/Germany/France/Holland now need work permits for me, I cant even sign them and play them in my youth teams because of the Work permit lol..will have to loan them out at 17 and wont be able to play them until there 22/23 which just sucks all the fun out for me, wont be able to shape them into the players I want them to be etc with tutoring and gametime.

Yeah that sucks, worrying me when I do decide to start another save

oh btw, I started Fosu Mensah in midfield to see how he'd get on and he got a straight red hahahaa

Just now, Powello said:

Yeah that sucks, worrying me when I do decide to start another save

oh btw, I started Fosu Mensah in midfield to see how he'd get on and he got a straight red hahahaa

I'm going to start a save, take off auto save and holiday it to the dates of the Brexit decision. Seeing as its decided as soon as you start your game i'll know the result then I can just quit without saving if its soft brexit and carry on with that save from the start without having to worry. Saves me messing with the editor.

He never got a Red for me lol

I'm going to start a save, take off auto save and holiday it to the dates of the Brexit decision. Seeing as its decided as soon as you start your game i'll know the result then I can just quit without saving if its soft brexit and carry on with that save from the start without having to worry. Saves me messing with the editor.

He never got a Red for me lol

Ah good idea, what date is the brexit decision?

Like the 24/25th of November, could be any year after the second season. So will have to Holiday to that date every season after the second and see.

God that would take ages, even on a beast computer, what if the dates are random and you miss it lol

Just now, Powello said:

Untitled.png

Win, I kept my job, although they said they will judge me on transfers, hope that doesn't mean they want me to buy a load of players

Wonder if there going to give you a load of money now then in the transfer windows.

Archived