FM17: Manchester United - The Special One Arrives

mikenevo

its not really the tactics thast are the issue.. its more the finishing, and the AI scoring from something like a player dithering for no reason, or an indirect free kick (always these... seriously..)

I have high press, pace down wings... fluid all that.. away from home was basically like being Leicester though...

the finishing is the issue, the chances are getting created. I kight have a look at my 4-4-2 again but its seems to be player behaviour.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, scott MUFC said:

its not really the tactics thast are the issue.. its more the finishing, and the AI scoring from something like a player dithering for no reason, or an indirect free kick (always these... seriously..)

I have high press, pace down wings... fluid all that.. away from home was basically like being Leicester though...

the finishing is the issue, the chances are getting created. I kight have a look at my 4-4-2 again but its seems to be player behaviour.

There is a problem with the finishing, I have noticed that aswell, I have seen players miss open goals from practically on the line. I have slowed down the tempo which has helped slightly. I mean I score a shed load anyway, but there are hundreds more missed that could easily be finished

most of these misses are headers, last game 4 of them headed over the bar from only a mere metre or so away

Pogba scored from the practically the Halfway line though :D

B72102CF7E7F9660EF72C9DBCEB867F0B860FBD6

see what I mean about AI.. they scored 2 goals.. one from box ping pong after a corner and one because players didn't tackle... but overall they created 4 shots on target and scored 2, this is what I am seeing. they create 3-4 shots on targets and score 1 or 2.

binned retain possession as well, seemed to have fixed the random dithering players.

11D075D939B6F5941EBBCEDF01472D897EEE23B8

poached this guy.

What do you guys do with Pogba? 

I'm finishing my 1st season, 4 games to go and need only a point to win the league. Playing 4-3-3DM, Pogba plays AP/A in midfield trio but he has av.rating of 7.08, scored 3 goals and has some assists but in general I don't have the production I thought I'll have from him. I'm thinking of making him regular CM/A, maybe then he would get in to more scoring chances. But even if he doesn't score, I would like him to have good ratings, not 7.08 ffs.

4 hours ago, scott MUFC said:

most of these misses are headers, last game 4 of them headed over the bar from only a mere metre or so away

see what I mean about AI.. they scored 2 goals.. one from box ping pong after a corner and one because players didn't tackle... but overall they created 4 shots on target and scored 2, this is what I am seeing. they create 3-4 shots on targets and score 1 or 2.

binned retain possession as well, seemed to have fixed the random dithering players.

From the stats you posted I am not sure what you are complaining about. They have 4 shots on target and 2 goals (50% conversion), while you have 11 shots on target and 6 goals (50+% conversion). They also have one more clear cut chance than you. Why do you believe that these stats are so weird compared to the number of goals scored?

2 hours ago, luka_ said:

I'm finishing my 1st season, 4 games to go and need only a point to win the league. Playing 4-3-3DM, Pogba plays AP/A in midfield trio but he has av.rating of 7.08, scored 3 goals and has some assists but in general I don't have the production I thought I'll have from him. I'm thinking of making him regular CM/A, maybe then he would get in to more scoring chances. But even if he doesn't score, I would like him to have good ratings, not 7.08 ffs.

I play him as a box to box left cm in a 4231. His goals /assists were around 10 each but he is involved in almost every good attack I have linking with Shaw and Martial. Occasionally play him DLPs when I'm playing more defensive.

6 hours ago, luka_ said:

What's wrong with 7.08? that's not a bad rating. If he had under 7 then I would be concerned. Pogba isn't all about goals and assists, he's not a striker or a winger. If you want more assists from him, make sure he has the tries killer balls often trait and have a striker with likes to beat the offside trap, that hekps. But I am guessing your 4-3-3 is a wide one so most assists are probably coming from your wide men. If thats the case, have him on gets further forward and get the trait get's into the oppositions box more often, think it's called that?. As an AP-A he will likely move forward witht he ball and look to bring your IF or wingers(depending on which you play) into the game and they will get the assist. So then he is the assister to the assisters if you know what I mean hahaha. I personally have him on CM-S, with PI's of shoot less often, mark tighter, more risky passes and move into channels, just realised I hadn't ticked get further forward aswell which would have helped me lol. He is currently having his best season for me for goals and assists with 6 gls and 10 assists with an average of 7.37 after 25 appearances. He's never finished a season with less than 7.3 average rating.

Edit - I just added get further forward for the final league game of the season after forgetting to do it all season and he got a goal and 2 assists. Made a massive difference. He would have had a couple more assist if others had finished his through balls and he hit the post 4 times!!!

Pogba has either" gets further foward "or "gets into opposition area" as one of his preferred moves.As Powello said above if you watch the matches he will often play the ball that leads to the assist so i wouldn't be to bothered about ratings, if he's doing what you want him to then job done, i'm at work at the minute but i'm sure in my save,approaching the end of season 3 he is near enough double figures in goals and assists as an Adv PM(S) alongside a B2B in a 433DM formation.

7 hours ago, sp3c said:
  Reveal hidden contents

From the stats you posted I am not sure what you are complaining about. They have 4 shots on target and 2 goals (50% conversion), while you have 11 shots on target and 6 goals (50+% conversion). They also have one more clear cut chance than you. Why do you believe that these stats are so weird compared to the number of goals scored?

because other games I have conceded similar number of chances and created even more then that and still won by 3-2 or a 2-1

Season 7 Review

Competition-wise it has been a fantastic season once again as we swept everyone anway, winning all 7 trophies. But I was unhappy with the goal tally this year, we didn't score as many this year apart from Rashford, who once again broke 50 goals. I think this is the first seaosn since the 1st or 2nd one, where we didn't get over 100 goals in the league. We drew far too many games for my liking, but once again went unbeaten in the prem for the 4th season in a row.

7th_season_overview.png

s7_league.png

But out of the 70 games this season, the only team to beat us were Bayern Munich in the Cha,pions League first round knockout leg at their groud 1-0, but we had already beaten them at Old Trafford 4-0 do I wasn't to bothered, although going completely unbeaten in all comps would have been nice.

Squad Review

De Gea once again was a wall playing 52 games and keeping 25 clean sheets, not his best season but he did his part well, he saved 5 pens. He saves about 90% of the pens against us, I'm never worried when the opposition get a pen if he is in goal.

s8squadstats.png

I have noticed apart from 5 players, the goals aren't being spread around like in previous season, I will look to address this next season.

Ronaldo has decided to retire in a couple of weeks, so I have asked him to reconsider it. He is 38 now but still quality, his Portugal record is now 206 caps 129 goals, ridiculous!

Plans for next season

I need to get rid of some players, once again bring the wages down and some players need to be playing and they just can't get the time here. I have a few older players coming in on free's purely for tutoring purposes. I don't really need to sign anyone, but if someone stands out I might go in for them. If Ronaldo does retire, I might re-sign Martial, haven't decided yet

1 minute ago, MorganGalahad said:

Can I get a screenshot of him? Passlack, that is?

Why? lol you always ask for screenshots. There's no point as I will have trained him up far different to how you would so any attributes would be different to what he would turn out like for you. Look at what he has on your game and think about how you would play him and train him

12 hours ago, scott MUFC said:

I play Retain Possesion in all my 3 tactics i've made and currently using and in my last 65 games ive only lost 5..

I find at home, I find at home especially, with Retain possesion on the other team dont stand a chance of getting the ball for long.

1 hour ago, scott MUFC said:

because other games I have conceded similar number of chances and created even more then that and still won by 3-2 or a 2-1

That makes sense, I was just confused with screenshot you posted. thanks for clarifying :)

1 hour ago, Verby said:

I play Retain Possesion in all my 3 tactics i've made and currently using and in my last 65 games ive only lost 5..

I find at home, I find at home especially, with Retain possesion on the other team dont stand a chance of getting the ball for long.

I find with retain posession on they just hold the ball for the sake of it

I have a feeling this could be a tough season, I have sold off quite a few players, some big names from the last couple of seasons and we have started poorly. Lost the Charity shield for the first time, getting hammered 4-0 by City, drew the first league game 0-0 against the hammers but could and probably should have lost and lost the Super Cup 4-3 to Monaco and they really should have scored more against us. My 155 game unbeaten run in the league could be coming to an end soon :(

Season 3, 2018/19 review 

Premier League

It went all the way to the second last game of the season and even though we lost away to Watford, Spurs could only draw and so mathematically we couldn't be caught

sUkfTh2.png?1

Alvaro Morata and Marcus Rashford had amazing seasons

KCu2akn.png?1

0mJlksG.png?1

Champions League

YTF2R29.png?1

Last season in the semi-final we were well beaten by Barcelona so this was sweet revenge.

vQ3lQoa.png?1

F A Cup

oU6XVa3.png?1

The Final was against Championship Fulham who had just lost in the play-off Final and after going a goal up inside 3 minutes(Renato Sanches) it looked like it would be a walkover but true to FM we battered them until they scored a scrappy equalizer and we got the winner with minutes remaining.

EFL Cup

Vfpl4yt.png?1

Much the same as the FA Cup, all United but we had to wait until the end of extra time to win it.

My two star performers

Swqfyzz.png?1

Soc3dPQ.png?1

For the coming season I already have 2 transfers sorted out, Bernardo Silva and Ryan Sessgnon

As for outgoings,Koke had an horrendous 9 month cruciate injury that has killed his stats, pace now just 12 which for this team is not good enough

Ro-Shaun Williams has overtaken Kostas Manolas as partner to Laporte.I have Tuanzebe ready to offer cover to those two and a very good youngster ready for a few cup games so i'm going to offload Manolas.I bought Embolo 2 seasons ago but Callum Gribbin has now reached the stage where he has to be performing regularly and with the impending arrival of Silva i'll be looking to offload Embolo too.

Wayne Rooney has finally left the club as his contract ran down so I can now look forward to savings of £12m a year in wages.

Below are a few screenies of some really good "real" players that you guys really should be looking at.

QAILNWD.png?1

IYtlNmW.png?1

zvnXmRW.png?1

OqIrhcG.png?1

6 minutes ago, stevemc said:

Just starting up with Manchester United to find my feet with the game, anyone got any recommended signings?

If you are getting rid of Fellaini(which if you aren't, why not? lol) and want another midfielder in there and don't want to use any of the young players yet then Adrien Silva, I highly reccomend, from Sporting.

But really you don't need anyone, all depends on who you get rid of, if anyone. You might want another CB, I signed De Vrij first season and he really wasn't any better than the youth already there so I would avoid him.

17 minutes ago, scott MUFC said:

11D075D939B6F5941EBBCEDF01472D897EEE23B8

so yea.. scouts found this guy when scouting the youth leagues, dunno why Southampton haven't renewed his contract, took him for the compensation price

Make sure you get him trained up and tutored or he will end up like this in season 8

vokins.png

Millwall are in League one, so he hasn't done a lot

Just got a scout report on him and he only got 2 stars and didn't even want to join me anyway, seriously? I am the biggest club in the world and win most things every season. But yeah it seems without proper development he ends up shocking

Just Started FM17 with Manchester united, not played FM since 15 maybe..

Need some help, some basics as this is the first time i have ever tried to Man Utd. I have read the thread which has been a big help.

I have made some staff changes and some transfers in however now i have 0 budget.

Should i sell the following? Rooney, Phil Jones, Fellaini, Valencia, Young, Lingard, Schneiderlin, anybody else? The team is just huge and i can't think of playing them.

I have brought in, Kuki (free), Bazoer (30m) , Donnarumma (13m)

I have read up that the Youth are a great area to look at also...

Any help appreciated :)

On 18/11/2016 at 17:39, Powello said:

I find with retain posession on they just hold the ball for the sake of it

Those are some good signings, well done. Keep Jones, Fellani, Lingard and Schneiderlin IMO. Jones can play CB, RB, DM and CM. Fellani can play a variety of roles from CM. 

End of the second season and PSG have offered me £73M up front with £38.5M over 24 months for Martial!

Hes been good; 28apps, 11 goals, 5 assists - but there is no way I can turn it down!

Question is, is it worth going after Neymar or should I be satisfied with Depay & Rashford?

15 minutes ago, MorganGalahad said:

Has anyone gotten Coman?

At the start of the Third season i decided to make a huge injection of pace into the squad and sold several players:

Blind

Rojo

Rooney

Mata

Lingard

Mkhitaryan and

Schneiderlin

As you can imagine i then had an absolutely huge budget to spend on defending my title with a different style from the season before.

I went for the pure attacking pace as mentioned and bought 

Coman 

Dembele (Dortmund) 

Inaki Williams and 
Bellerin 

Along with lots of high potential regens ofc

They have all been excellent so i would highly recommend Coman matey.  I won the title in season three with 9 games to go and he played a vital part in it.

8 hours ago, NPFM said:

Just Started FM17 with Manchester united, not played FM since 15 maybe..

Need some help, some basics as this is the first time i have ever tried to Man Utd. I have read the thread which has been a big help.

I have made some staff changes and some transfers in however now i have 0 budget.

Should i sell the following? Rooney, Phil Jones, Fellaini, Valencia, Young, Lingard, Schneiderlin, anybody else? The team is just huge and i can't think of playing them.

I have brought in, Kuki (free), Bazoer (30m) , Donnarumma (13m)

I have read up that the Youth are a great area to look at also...

Any help appreciated :)

I'd keep Jones and Lingard, the rest aren't worth it

3 hours ago, RickH said:

End of the second season and PSG have offered me £73M up front with £38.5M over 24 months for Martial!

Hes been good; 28apps, 11 goals, 5 assists - but there is no way I can turn it down!

Question is, is it worth going after Neymar or should I be satisfied with Depay & Rashford?

Depay is quality, but yeah he does shoot a lot. I wouldn't bother going for Neymar, Barcelona won't sell him for anything less than 130m I expect. Get Gomes in from the youth and train him up, he is quality and can play either side and through the middle if you train him right. If you want another AML/R for cheap but a quality player, the go for Christian Pavon, from Boca, well that's where I signed him from, cost me only 19.5m. ALso Lingard can play on the left if you still have him, he is really good

I forgot to post my transfer for the first transfer window of season 8

s8transfers.png

Ronaldo did retire in the end but I have taken him on as the assistant manager of the u18s, surprised he wnated that to be honest.

I have sold off a few first teamers and slowly rebuilding the side. As I am big on player development and promoting form within, I have brought in a few oldies purely for tutoring purposes, I also got Romero on a free, shocked PSG let him go for nothing. He has started very well for me scoring on average over a goal a game.

As I said in an earlier post, with calling more youngsters up to replace the ones I have sold, the team is much weaker and we have struggled at times in games. But so far they are holding their own and we are still unbeaten in the league, it seems the first few games were warm ups, they are playing a lot better and more like previous seasons now.

5 minutes ago, Powello said:

I forgot to post my transfer for the first transfer window of season 8

s8transfers.png

Ronaldo did retire in the end but I have taken him on as the assistant manager of the u18s, surprised he wnated that to be honest.

I have sold off a few first teamers and slowly rebuilding the side. As I am big on player development and promoting form within, I have brought in a few oldies purely for tutoring purposes, I also got Romero on a free, shocked PSG let him go for nothing. He has started very well for me scoring on average over a goal a game.

As I said in an earlier post, with calling more youngsters up to replace the ones I have sold, the team is much weaker and we have struggled at times in games. But so far they are holding their own and we are still unbeaten in the league, it seems the first few games were warm ups, they are playing a lot better and more like previous seasons now.

That's an incredible list of free transfers right there ! :)

2 minutes ago, georgey said:

That's an incredible list of free transfers right there ! :)

Ha thanks, shame I am 8 seaosns in though or I would be extremely happy, I mean Ramos is 37, he won't play haha. And Costa, well he has already outstayed his welcome after moaning about not being the main striker even though he is 34 and not good enough, so he will either be gone in Janruary or the Summer, unless he is tutoring at the time

thinking of Tutoring for Jake Vokins when he arrived..... so I brought Evra Back :) can ask pogba to help as well which is cool.

oh and Pep who

4AD55F780B4C01F0B3A46D8FE79B0AE63792CDCE

they score from one decent well made goal... a mess up at the back and a worldie.

could have had 6 or 7 before half time, a few sitters were missed during the game, including Zlatan missing a 1v1 before half time.

11 hours ago, georgey said:

At the start of the Third season i decided to make a huge injection of pace into the squad and sold several players:

Blind

Rojo

Rooney

Mata

Lingard

Mkhitaryan and

Schneiderlin

As you can imagine i then had an absolutely huge budget to spend on defending my title with a different style from the season before.

I went for the pure attacking pace as mentioned and bought 

Coman 

Dembele (Dortmund) 

Inaki Williams and 
Bellerin 

Along with lots of high potential regens ofc

They have all been excellent so i would highly recommend Coman matey.  I won the title in season three with 9 games to go and he played a vital part in it.

How do you use him?  On the left or right? As a winger or IF? How did Ousmane Dembele do for you?

6 hours ago, MorganGalahad said:

How do you use him?  On the left or right? As a winger or IF? How did Ousmane Dembele do for you?

Coman is rotating with Eden Hazard , IF (A) most of the time , sometimes on the right IF (S) .

Dembele is usually Winger (A) or IF (S) on the right.

Archived