FM17: Manchester United - The Special One Arrives

mikenevo

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Verby said:

I was going to say I have the next Yaya Toure but he has a jumping reach of 2 and is 5'2 in Height, haha. Bloody midget

diallo.png

Haha, quality player though by the looks of it

Just now, Powello said:

Haha, quality player though by the looks of it

Yeah, struggling to get a work permit though, hoping he gets more caps for Ivory Coast to let me get one. Hes getting first team football at Milan so he should keep egtting picked for Ivory coast

Just now, Verby said:

Yeah, struggling to get a work permit though, hoping he gets more caps for Ivory Coast to let me get one

Get an affiliate for work permits. I have FC Gronigen, sent a couple of players there to help out with work permits, can't play him for a couple of years but at least he's on the books before he gets too expensive

1 minute ago, Powello said:

Get an affiliate for work permits. I have FC Gronigen, sent a couple of players there to help out with work permits, can't play him for a couple of years but at least he's on the books before he gets too expensive

I have FC Twente in Holland  and Standard in Belgium, both playable leagues aswel BUT it takes 5 years to get citizenship, I thought it used to be 3 years? 

Just now, Verby said:

I have FC Twente in Holland  and Standard in Belgium, both playable leagues aswel BUT it takes 5 years to get citizenship, I thought it used to be 3 years? 

I think it depends on the league, not sure if the whole brexit thing changes anything on it either

Unbeaten.jpg

The team isn't as weak as I thought, the youngsters are performing very well and we have already played the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs and Real Madrid and none of them have really been a threat, apart form Madrid who we drew 3-3 with

41 minutes ago, MorganGalahad said:

How's Kondogbia? Does he have highCA/PA this year?

RvCCSyF.png?1

I like him, he has dwells on the ball as a PPM,so he holds on to the ball and often plays nice passes to IF's running between full backs and central defenders.

Ended up selling smalling and buying van dijk. Then darmian asked to leave for psg and I noticed lindelof was transfer listed after a row with his coach so I bought him and let darmian go. Didn't to manage to solve the winger issue before end of the window

never mind started off with 2-1 home wins over Watford and spurs before a mourinho esque 0-0 at anfield who had just sold firmino to spurs and replaced him with tequira 

Just now, axehan1 said:

Almost lost our unbeaten record as Bournemouth scored 3 from their only 3 shots in the 1st half.

ETQ0Uip.png?1

Is your stadium being expanded? I notice you only had 57k there.

Yeah I have too many games where the opposition have less than a quarter of my shots but still manage to score a few. Annoys the crap out of me

1 minute ago, Powello said:

Is your stadium being expanded? I notice you only had 57k there.

Yeah I have too many games where the opposition have less than a quarter of my shots but still manage to score a few. Annoys the crap out of me

Good spot mate, no stadium expansion going on so I looked back at my last half a dozen home games and they were all 75k capacity.

Strange.

1 minute ago, axehan1 said:

Good spot mate, no stadium expansion going on so I looked back at my last half a dozen home games and they were all 75k capacity.

Strange.

Hmm that's weird, Bournemouth are so overpowered on the game so always do quite well, so thought you'd get a full house, especially in the league

4 hours ago, axehan1 said:

Well I was ripping up the league using 3-1-4-1-1 until Mondays update and then I noticed @Oneunited had a nice looking formation,roles and duties etc so I used that but with a F9 lone striker and standard/very fluid mentality and team shape,

vFgt9ne.png?1

TdzSdge.png?1

There are PI's too,BBM=get forward more and move in channels,more direct passes.

Adv PM = roam from position.

Thank you for taking the time to post this. It's much appreciated mate!

50 minutes ago, Anaconda Vice said:

Thank you for taking the time to post this. It's much appreciated mate!

I also train everyone(as many as possible) simple passes and play one two's as you'll spend most of your time camped in the opposition half.

6 minutes ago, Stealthoneill said:

Anyone trained Sam Johnstone for a few years? Does he ever become a decent replacement for De Gea or am I better off looking through the youth market for someone else? Want to get rid of Romero after first season and sit my youngster on the bench if he's up to scratch!

I tried him for a season ro two but he never really turned good enough for my liking.

Screenshot_40.png

He's my number 2 now. Can't remember if he starts off at united or if I signed him, either way it was for free

Just started today, De Vrij and Jonny Otto in. Rojo , Valencia and Young out. Three games done with four nil, two nil and three nil wins so very happy with the start.

Want to really try and develop the youth this time. Seemed blessed with a squad worth. Is there any specific trick to it? Mentoring, loans, try and sneak in some first team football? 

I would love to be fielding a team of Pereira, O'Connor, Axel, Ro-Shaun, CBJ, Mensah, Chong, Januzaj, Gribbin, Gomes, Pereira in 2-3 years time. How do i make this happen? Also brought in Florentino Luis and Kuki so chuck them in as well.

Any help is much appreciated . 

2 minutes ago, crestofadave said:

Just started today, De Vrij and Jonny Otto in. Rojo , Valencia and Young out. Three games done with four nil, two nil and three nil wins so very happy with the start.

Want to really try and develop the youth this time. Seemed blessed with a squad worth. Is there any specific trick to it? Mentoring, loans, try and sneak in some first team football? 

I would love to be fielding a team of Pereira, O'Connor, Axel, Ro-Shaun, CBJ, Mensah, Chong, Januzaj, Gribbin, Gomes, Pereira in 2-3 years time. How do i make this happen? Also brought in Florentino Luis and Kuki so chuck them in as well.

Any help is much appreciated . 

I use all of them you said, apart from Januzaj, I let him go forr cheap as he didn't fit in, oh and Joel Pereira. For the first season I would tutor them and train them up, second season carry on the training and loan them out and third season get them integrated in the first team. That's how I should have done it, but I didn't haha, Gomes is a beast, he is now one of my star players and worth 40m. Joel pereira in my opinion isn't good enough, but that might be because I messed up the early training and tutoring. But 5 seaosns in and as I said they are all first team members.

Rashford is now favourite for the world player of the year award, find out in a couple of weeks if he gets it.

18 hours ago, axehan1 said:

Well I was ripping up the league using 3-1-4-1-1 until Mondays update and then I noticed @Oneunited had a nice looking formation,roles and duties etc so I used that but with a F9 lone striker and standard/very fluid mentality and team shape,

vFgt9ne.png?1

TdzSdge.png?1

There are PI's too,BBM=get forward more and move in channels,more direct passes.

Adv PM = roam from position.

Wow man, I thought I'd give this a go seeing your results and it's been brilliant! Creates loads of chances and plays an exciting brand of football United fans USED to be familiar with!!

5 minutes ago, RickH said:

Wow man, I thought I'd give this a go seeing your results and it's been brilliant! Creates loads of chances and plays an exciting brand of football United fans USED to be familiar with!!

Glad it's working for you but I wouldn't get to excited, I have hit the inevitable January slump where it all goes pear shaped.

KEm9uoj.png?1

The Arsenal game was the last time we played well, after that you can only laugh at what this game produces, we were 3-0 down to Bournemouth, the Watford game included 2 own goals and a couple of hilarious defender errors.Stoke scored in the 89th minute when they offered nothing all game.Lyon was pretty even and the we got this versus Rotherham.

MjoeNoq.png?1

57 shots at goal

ecuAr9u.png?1

It was just a long shot fest

vZTW6aq.png?1

That was average position with the ball,Rashford was dropping deep,both IF's were options in or around the box,Klaassen was running past Rasford and Koke had the space to pick his passes which he did but the players just blasted from distance without even thinking about passing.

41 minutes ago, axehan1 said:

Glad it's working for you but I wouldn't get to excited, I have hit the inevitable January slump where it all goes pear shaped.

Looking forward to that period. But the tactic I posted is one of two I rotate between and so far results are good.

61Q1q1M.png

27 minutes ago, OneUnited said:

Looking forward to that period. But the tactic I posted is one of two I rotate between and so far results are good.

61Q1q1M.png

Who do you play as your lone striker? At the moment i'm using Rashford but I don't think he's suited to leading the line on his own.Do you have an issue with the long shots?

25 minutes ago, axehan1 said:

Who do you play as your lone striker? At the moment i'm using Rashford but I don't think he's suited to leading the line on his own.Do you have an issue with the long shots?

From someone who has been using Rashford up top on his own for 5 seasons, trust me he is good enough. Make sure he is on F9 or Complete Forward training( I have trained him up on both) and play him as much as possible up there and he will be a beast, well he has been for me

Tashford_so_far.png

First season I did rotate him with Zlatan

This is what he looks like with trainiing and lots of game time

Rashford_atts.png

25 minutes ago, axehan1 said:

I play Zlatan as a Complete Forward support role. But a lot of goals come from Pogba and the wings.

UDK1dQE.jpg

MxwwbuE.png

I can confirm the tipping point for the Juve board when buying Dybala is £200m. End of season 1 without him being unsettled. Had £130m and plenty of great youngsters in all positions so I went for it (£50m and £150m over 3 years).

Him + Griezmann should be a great partnership

23 minutes ago, Mikeraff said:

I can confirm the tipping point for the Juve board when buying Dybala is £200m. End of season 1 without him being unsettled. Had £130m and plenty of great youngsters in all positions so I went for it (£50m and £150m over 3 years).

Him + Griezmann should be a great partnership

I'm glad I waited till the 3rd season and got him for 56m, although I am going to sell him in the summer as he's lost form and his wage demands now are almost 600k a week. The further you go in the stricter the board are with wages, wekk for me anyway, looks like I'll be having another summer clear out

Just now, harrycarrie said:

I got similar and quit the save. Seems we've found a potential Brexit work around though.

I really dont want to have to start again i've got attached to this save from the BETA, what is the work around? Message me?

9 minutes ago, Verby said:

Potentially ruined the enjoyment of the save for me now. 

brexit.png

I didn't get that on mine, yeah they left but it didn't change anything for me, so must be a random occurence

25. Sokratis Papastathopoulos AGG 17 - age28
34. Eugene Khacheridi AGG 18 - age 29
5. Kyriakos Papadopoulos AGG 14  - age 24

i got 3 man here.Which one is better ?

what i looking for is "roy keane" sytle DC:

1)high agg

2)"red card king","roy keane" sytle bad boy.

3)strong,super tackling,& boss the air.

"red card king",is my 1st option.Any suggestion ?

Archived