FM17: Manchester United - The Special One Arrives

mikenevo

Just now, harrycarrie said:

I'll be bleeding him into the team from next season, some cup games etc. Hope to have him set for a first team rotation role by the time he's 18/19 :D

I would have him on the bench for my first team straight away I wouldnt be able to help myself! 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, harrycarrie said:

Tielemans is very poor. I'm playing the same formation btw, albeit not that defensive. FMBase woop ;)

Front three of Neymar, Icardi and Dybala so it tears teams apart.

perhaps he has been downgraded by SI this time, as for past 2 versions he has been the highest rated PA youngster in DB

the front 3 is amazing

of interest what budget did you get to buy them 

that regen has very high ratings for age going to be the future for your team

7 minutes ago, kingrobbo said:

yes I tried mata at AMR he did fine but Miki was simply awesome so was always first choice leading to Mata becoming unhappy and with a £40m offer from psg in window no brainer really 

got teilemans in and for some reason I panicked on deadline day  and swapped morgan for drinkwater plus £10m:idiot:

the young lad was a first team regular by end of season(due to pogba being out for 3 months) but danny failed as my DM lower stats than carrick

Wow you crazy or something? I find Morgan to be pretty decent on this fm! How's Drinkwater getting on?

yep it was on FM16

and he didnt have a good preseason for me and was causing issues being left out of team wanted to leave so took a punt on danny and he is HG and trained at Utd

but didnt work:lol:

and morgan was a beast for Leicester until Claudio went to Barca as manager :brock:

11 minutes ago, kingrobbo said:

perhaps he has been downgraded by SI this time, as for past 2 versions he has been the highest rated PA youngster in DB

the front 3 is amazing

of interest what budget did you get to buy them 

that regen has very high ratings for age going to be the future for your team

I'm very much a Harry Redknapp type, constantly wheeling and dealing. Due to the sponsorship and prize money/tv money I find United always have around 150-200 mil in the bank each summer, so I try to sell at least 50mils worth of talent. Managed one summer doing about 200mil as Real unsettled De Gea, Martial and Pogba and they stayed unhappy, so by selling the latter two  I got almost 150mil combined. Dybala was 91mil (same summer Martial left), Icardi was 37mil start of second season, and Neymar was 75mil (plus 10mil add ons) at the start of the current season. Rashford was played before I could grab Neymar, but sold him to PSG for 54mil.

1 minute ago, harrycarrie said:

I'm very much a Harry Redknapp type, constantly wheeling and dealing. Due to the sponsorship and prize money/tv money I find United always have around 150-200 mil in the bank each summer, so I try to sell at least 50mils worth of talent. Managed one summer doing about 200mil as Real unsettled De Gea, Martial and Pogba and they stayed unhappy, so by selling the latter two  I got almost 150mil combined. Dybala was 91mil, Icardi was 37mil start of second season, and Neymar was 75mil (plus 10mil add ons) at the start of the current season. Rashford was played before I could grab Neymar, but sold him to PSG for 54mil.

yes I love the market its a great part of game

Rashford sold SACRILEGE go and sit in the naught boys corner :eek:

yes the dev/research team are getting some stick for his finishing and a few other CA points sure he will get a nudge up in full release

its the speed that makes him a massive threat but his feet speed moving the ball close control is very special

seeing him as a PSG player hurts:D

Does anybody have a decent throw in routine, I find them to be a nightmare, constantly getting caught with a counter attack because I seem to pass straight to the opposition.I put a couple of players to receive a quick pass but my taker throws it straight to the opposition.

I just beat Arsenal 3-2 at the Emirates but I kept on getting caught out with my own throw ins.

1 hour ago, harrycarrie said:

551617a9d4b4f8bb0561d043fce8df5b.png

I can live with it :D

Do you still have Fosu-Mensah? Could you possibly show a screenshot of his development within your save? I'm nearing the end of my second season and hes a Wonderkid with me and makes regular starts and I wouldnt mind comparing him with another

3 minutes ago, Verby said:

Do you still have Fosu-Mensah? Could you possibly show a screenshot of his development within your save? I'm nearing the end of my second season and hes a Wonderkid with me and makes regular starts and I wouldnt mind comparing him with another

Yeah sure. He wouldn't have got much game time for me so he isn't with me currently. I'm one of those players who likes to have a very strong first 11, and essentially incredible youth prospects as back up.

Here he is now:

1f383df07386baf4d42373b47ea2cfd9.jpg

And his history. He got a rotation place for the first two seasons, but didn't really do too much to impress:

a7e9f2dadd2842ab21bee05a5fb2b952.jpg

3 minutes ago, harrycarrie said:

Yeah sure. He wouldn't have got much game time for me so he isn't with me currently. I'm one of those players who likes to have a very strong first 11, and essentially incredible youth prospects as back up.

Here he is now:

1f383df07386baf4d42373b47ea2cfd9.jpg

And his history. He got a rotation place for the first two seasons, but didn't really do too much to impress:

a7e9f2dadd2842ab21bee05a5fb2b952.jpg

Thanks for that man, mine isnt that much different to the one on your game, I think being tutored by Fellani helped his determination though. At least hes getting first team football with Seville in a big league!

mensah.png

Been training Rashford as winger and focusing on improving his crossing. It's gone from 7.2 to 10.2 over the course of 16 months.

1a418b6ef7.png

Callum Gribbin also seems to be progressing well so far too

a00591adc2.png

Also got this Newgen in my youth intake in my first season that my staff are raving about:

307294be85.png

The French Connection:applause: Brought West Brom down to earth with that, they have been struggling to be fair though and for some reason they were playing a high line against me the whole game, Martial ran them ragged runing onto balls over the top . Darren Fletcher with a nasty two footed lunge on Pogba :lol:

results xmas season 2.png

9 minutes ago, Verby said:

Can anyone confirm here that the youth intake is on a random date now through the season, I know on old FM's it was in March some time but I just saw one happen in February for someone?

I don't know if its random, but in my five seasons, I've had two very late in Feb, and three around the 3rd to 6th of March.

Was supposed to be in bed by 11pm, its now 2.30am and I am up at 6am for work... this is what FM does to me every year lol. Just into January in my second season, top of the league by one point to a strong Chelsea side. Had a few blips during the season but I tweaked my tactics abit and been grinding out the results recently.

Awkward that Martial tried to get me by the balls with that clause in his contract with PSG sniffing around, just rejected two bids for him of 36 and 40m. I walked away from the negotiations i'm not letting him have that release cause in his contract.

table so far.png

results so far.png

martial contract.png

Lineup.png

6 hours ago, Sheep said:

Here's my squad midway through the second season

8221291ba6.png

Feel free to question my decision making. Won the league first season :-D

Locatelli seems excellent prospect. Surprised you got christensen, Chelsea refused to sell on saves I done so far. Oh and Andy caroll really?! ???

15 minutes ago, thim1993 said:

Locatelli seems excellent prospect. Surprised you got christensen, Chelsea refused to sell on saves I done so far. Oh and Andy caroll really?! ???

Carroll was kind of a impulse joke signing :-P I'll justify it by saying he offers me a "different option". Here's my transfers in the first 2 seasons so far

3c5f126701.png

7ba824ff86.png

2 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Carroll was kind of a impulse joke signing :-P I'll justify it by saying he offers me a "different option". Here's my transfers in the first 2 seasons so far

3c5f126701.png

7ba824ff86.png

Lindelof Christensen are fantastic defensive reinforcements. Will have a look at them as smalling has just asked to join Chelsea. Wanted van Dijk but saints wanted 48 mil

2 minutes ago, thim1993 said:

Lindelof Christensen are fantastic defensive reinforcements. Will have a look at them as smalling has just asked to join Chelsea. Wanted van Dijk but saints wanted 48 mil

Koulibaly also! He's been the star of my save. My vice captain now.

There would be a few players that would push me into an impulse buy, including some of the youngsters at Dortmund. Anybody who is couple of seasons in, have emre mor, ousmane dembele or Christian pulisic developed enough to be considered transfer targets for Utd?

8 minutes ago, thim1993 said:

There would be a few players that would push me into an impulse buy, including some of the youngsters at Dortmund. Anybody who is couple of seasons in, have emre mor, ousmane dembele or Christian pulisic developed enough to be considered transfer targets for Utd?

Christian Pulisic for sure. Almost signed him in the summer, but decided not to in the end because I didn't need him.

18 hours ago, axehan1 said:

That's the beauty with wide midfielders,all the options are there for you, I play Martial and Luke Shaw and they both play completely different,Martial picks the ball out wide and drives inside or if the ball is on the other wing he is a presence in the box,whereas Shaw likes to run with the ball down the left so I either leave his PI's alone or tell him to cut inside if I want him to.

Koke didn't come cheap £50m.

Just met Arsenal in the community shield.We were 4 up in 19mins.

8jbrdUI.png?1

I've just tried Martial as a Wide Midfielder with some PI's to get the most out of him. And got to say, it looks really promising.

80721b0b0d130e513d9e92d847d90844.png

5728f317a0da4094dd660427368e6666.png

317aa5f637f665185e8899b1338fab0c.png

11 hours ago, Verby said:

Can anyone confirm here that the youth intake is on a random date now through the season, I know on old FM's it was in March some time but I just saw one happen in February for someone?

yep confirmed, very random this year globally

3 hours ago, Sheep said:

After a crappy start to my second season my team have picked up form and just gone unbeaten in 20 games (18 wins, 2 draws).

Was convinced I had second season syndrome and was just going to flap it.

d125c672db.png

How did you get City to sell you Iheanacho? I scouted the lad and my scouts all came back saying not gonna happen.

5 minutes ago, oneronaldo said:

How did you get City to sell you Iheanacho? I scouted the lad and my scouts all came back saying not gonna happen.

Luck? I guess? I think he played like nine games for them so was trying to force a move. Clubs are more willing to sell when the players want first team football. I just picked up Donnaruma in the January transfer window for £20m because he wanted to move to a bigger club.

32 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Luck? I guess? I think he played like nine games for them so was trying to force a move. Clubs are more willing to sell when the players want first team football. I just picked up Donnaruma in the January transfer window for £20m because he wanted to move to a bigger club.

I've unsettled Donnaruma a few months ago, they put him on the transfer list at a asking price of 25m, its now down to a 13m asking price, I will just wait it out and go in when another team goes or when it goes to <7m. He looks great

Won the league first season. Playing a 4-3-1-2. Now I have the option to buy Icardi or Morata, both for 25,5-30 mill. Got 1 bill in the bank. I already have Martial, Dybala and Griezmann is coming in. In midfield Kroos and Busquets are coming in. Would you buy Morata or Icardi?

23 minutes ago, Verby said:

I've unsettled Donnaruma a few months ago, they put him on the transfer list at a asking price of 25m, its now down to a 13m asking price, I will just wait it out and go in when another team goes or when it goes to <7m. He looks great

Great value at any of those prices, he's ridiculously good. Anybody seen brexit kick in btw and any impact on squad restrictions? 

1 hour ago, oneronaldo said:

In my save City were willing to sell and he was happy to come but he didn't get a work permit.

10 hours ago, thim1993 said:

Was the demand for £48 mil before or after you mugged them by getting £27m plus add ons for Rojo? Think that might actually be a worse transfer than you buying Andy Carroll...

47 minutes ago, trijung said:

Won the league first season. Playing a 4-3-1-2. Now I have the option to buy Icardi or Morata, both for 25,5-30 mill. Got 1 bill in the bank. I already have Martial, Dybala and Griezmann is coming in. In midfield Kroos and Busquets are coming in. Would you buy Morata or Icardi?

Icardi. How the hell do you have a billion after one season?! :D

14 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

Was the demand for £48 mil before or after you mugged them by getting £27m plus add ons for Rojo? Think that might actually be a worse transfer than you buying Andy Carroll...

Haha that wasn't me who bought Carroll or sold rojo for that much

Just started a game as Manchester United on FM17.

I like to keep it all pretty realistic when I play the game so you wont see me selling 10-15 players a season or signing 200-300m worth of players. I have an Idea of how I want my team to play but it will take time to get the right kind of players to the club. 

I am going to be playing a 4-3-3, I wanted a flexible formation so I chose this as there are many different way of playing with it using different player roles.  I will explain this more when I am at home and have access to my laptop in a further post.

My main aim for the pre-season was to get my tactics embedded and to create a style that will suite the players and suite the club. I have had very good results and I am happy with how the team is playing, We beat Leicester comfortably in the community shield and beat most of the other teams easily the only game I didnt win was a draw against Bayern Munich. 

As for the squad I am pretty happy with the squad as a whole I have the players that all fit into the profiles I want, the only signing I would like to make in the first window would be a deep lying play maker who will be playing the holding role in my midfield 3, I have Daley Blind who I can use there now but if I use him at left back or centre back im going to be struggling to use a player who has the same profile. Schneiderlin and Carrick I am going to use in different roles as they wont play the role as I want it playing. I have a shortlist of 2 players that I would like to recruit for the role and they are both German the number 1 target is Julien Weigl from Borussia Dortmund and the 2nd target is Joshua Kimmich from Bayern Munich. At this moment in time I am struggling to get either so I might have to look at other options for now. The other 2 midfield roles look pretty stacked with ability with Pogba, Herrera, Fellaini, Carrick, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger with these 6 players I have plenty of options for different player roles and as stated above they all fit into the profiles of players I want

With the options I have at the club I wont be recruiting for the front 3 positions, I am happy using Martial, Depay, Rashford, Rooney, Ibrahimovic,  Lingard, Mhikitarian and Mata I am also looking at retraining Mata and Mhikitarian as Central midfielders which will give me another option in my midfield 3. The reason for this is allowing youngster a chance of getting some football, Tahith Chong and Angel Gomes look to have real potential so when Zlatan and Rooney retire, I will allow the pair to gain experience in the first team. 

I am fairly happy with the defense that starts the game, Darmian and Valencia at right back will be ok for a season or 2 until I can search and look for a long term solution.  At left back I have Shaw, Blind and Ashley Young which I am also happy with. If there is an area that im actively looking at strengthening in defense it is centre back, I would like a player who can play the ball playing defender role comfortably, I have a shortlist of Jose Gimenez and Raphael Varane for this role. I will only look to purchase a player in this role if I cant sign the deep lying maker that the team really needs. 

That is just my quick introduction into how I plan on playing the game and what I want to see happen before the end of the transfer window. I will post a more in depth post when the transfer season ends, showing my thinkings behind the squad and tactics, as well as my first competitive results

Archived