FM17: Manchester United - The Special One Arrives

mikenevo

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, harrycarrie said:

Icardi. How the hell do you have a billion after one season?! :D

Bought all the players on 48 months installments, and sold a couple of players :)

I went for Morata. He had better stats for Real compared to Icardi for Inter. Plus he's an allrounder whereas Icardi is more a limited player with good finishing.

8 minutes ago, trijung said:

Bought all the players on 48 months installments, and sold a couple of players :)

I went for Morata. He had better stats for Real compared to Icardi for Inter. Plus he's an allrounder whereas Icardi is more a limited player with good finishing.

Icardi has over 250 goals in five seasons for my United side, but fair enough!

5 minutes ago, thim1993 said:

Obscene. Has anyone put a lot of faith in the youth so far?

Rashford, Martial, Fosu-Mensah, Angel Gomes are regular starters for me, just finished my second season. 

I think Martial might be going though, I slapped a 90m price tag on him and PSG, Madrid and Arsenal still sniffing around with Major interest and I wont reject an offer that big.

1 minute ago, Verby said:

Rashford, Martial, Fosu-Mensah, Angel Gomes are regular starters for me, just finished my third season. 

I think Martial might be going though, I slapped a 90m price tag on him and PSG, Madrid and Arsenal still sniffing around with Major interest and I wont reject an offer that big.

Going to try to keep faith with those guys and give others like tuanzebe and roshaun game time

Just finished the second season with United, think i mentioned earlier that i won the Euro Super Cup and the Community Shield, but won the league by 20 pts, got knocked out via pens in the FA Cup 6th round by Arsenal, lost to Juve in CL semis 1-3 on agg.

Someone asked about the use of youngsters, for me CBJ made 18(15) appearances as a fill in for Shaw when he was injured or tired, Tuanzebe a bit less at 11(9) apps, TFM is my third choice midfielder, who occasionally filled in at CB and RB thus making 28(15) apps and finally moved Angel Gomes to the first team full time in the middle of the season and he played in 12(15) apps, managing to grab 6 goals and 8 assists.

Decided to sell a few first-teamers in the summer with Smalling going to PSG for 25m, his spot will go to either Tuanzebe/Oxford or the player i'll mention later. Mkhitaryan gone to Atleti for 30m, since Lingard was really solid for me, grabbing 16 goals and 11 assists in 50 games this season and Memphis hopefully going with Bosman signing Pulisic arriving soon.

Now to the player i wanted to mention, really interested to see what fellow United managers think of this situation. Was after Laporte and or Rugani for a while and since Rugani signed a new deal with Juve, i turned my attention to Laporte. After scouting him i discovered this(probably is a bug).

aee818b537df14882cfe58493af98d42.png

Do i take advantage of this and move in on Laporte, or just ignore this?

6 minutes ago, ManUtdFan said:

Just finished the second season with United, think i mentioned earlier that i won the Euro Super Cup and the Community Shield, but won the league by 20 pts, got knocked out via pens in the FA Cup 6th round by Arsenal, lost to Juve in CL semis 1-3 on agg.

Someone asked about the use of youngsters, for me CBJ made 18(15) appearances as a fill in for Shaw when he was injured or tired, Tuanzebe a bit less at 11(9) apps, TFM is my third choice midfielder, who occasionally filled in at CB and RB thus making 28(15) apps and finally moved Angel Gomes to the first team full time in the middle of the season and he played in 12(15) apps, managing to grab 6 goals and 8 assists.

Decided to sell a few first-teamers in the summer with Smalling going to PSG for 25m, his spot will go to either Tuanzebe/Oxford or the player i'll mention later. Mkhitaryan gone to Atleti for 30m, since Lingard was really solid for me, grabbing 16 goals and 11 assists in 50 games this season and Memphis hopefully going with Bosman signing Pulisic arriving soon.

Now to the player i wanted to mention, really interested to see what fellow United managers think of this situation. Was after Laporte and or Rugani for a while and since Rugani signed a new deal with Juve, i turned my attention to Laporte. After scouting him i discovered this(probably is a bug).

aee818b537df14882cfe58493af98d42.png

Do i take advantage of this and move in on Laporte, or just ignore this?

More to the question why wouldn't you? It's better than paying the release clause he has in his contract. Not sure what you think could be a bug though lol?

I signed Laporte two seasons ago, was four star in ability. Five games in, he shatters his leg and has 7 months out. Comes back as two and a half star and has stats way down, has barely improved since. £63mil down the drain, will be lucky to get 20/25 back. Feck football lol.

9 minutes ago, Chapman7 said:

More to the question why wouldn't you? It's better than paying the release clause he has in his contract. Not sure what you think could be a bug though lol?

Just the fact that a player of his calibre is available for absolutely nothing. If i do go for him, probably will have Tuanzebe as fourth choice and chuck Oxford back to the U23s. A pairing of Bailly and Laporte does sound amazing though!

17 minutes ago, ManUtdFan said:

Just the fact that a player of his calibre is available for absolutely nothing. If i do go for him, probably will have Tuanzebe as fourth choice and chuck Oxford back to the U23s. A pairing of Bailly and Laporte does sound amazing though!

Depends how Athletic are doing really though if they failed to qualify for any Europe competition then could be one of the reasons its quite a easy deal money wise being a freebee not got a major loss if it doesn't go well lol 

Must admit, I'm really enjoying this years game. Crosses are pretty OP again similar to last year. I'm 30 games in to my first season: 1st in the League with 70 points. (30pld, 22w, 4drn, 3lst). City are 2nd with 62 points but they've played a game more, and we just hammered them 3-0 with a Zlatan hat-trick, taking him to 38 goals for the season. He's incredible.

Was knocked out in the 6th round of the FA Cup by Stoke and the 3rd round of the EFL Cup by Everton. I'm in the Quarters of the Europa League v Mainz.

Out: Valencia (£13m, Guangzhou) & Young (£6.5, Swansea)

In: Jonny Otto (£11.5, Vigo), Kuki (£4m, Malaga B), Luca Pellegrini (£2.6m, Roma), Ronaldinho (free, wanted him to be a tutor), Riechedly Bazoer (£28m(36.5m), Ajax) & Predrag Rajkovic (£5.25m, Maccabi Tel-Aviv. Had to send him on loan for a work permit)

Should hopefully comfortably win the league, and in the summer I plan on clearing out a lot of dead wood that is eating up the wage budget. Schweinsteiger has only played 9 games but is on £240k pw, so he has to go. Think Rooney's time may be up too. My main target is Thiago Maia, who I've unsettled to the point where he put in a transfer request and in now listed for £14.75m. 

Finished season 2 and now in Season 3 pre season. Won the League by 6 points ahead of Spurs

League 1st Place (Tottenham 2nd, Man City 3rd)

Community Shield lost on Penaltys to Man City after a 1-1 Draw

FA Cup Winners 2-1 (Swansea Runners up)

Champions Cup 1st Round Knockout Lost to Shakhtar  (1-1 Away and then 1-0 Home)

EFL Cup 4th Round Lost to Middelsbrough 1-0 at Home

transfers season 3.png

Transfers for the season are above, Brought in Dier after Unsettling him since the start of the second season, there asking price was 80m+ at the start of the season.  Donnarumma I unsettled aswel managed to get him for 13.5, perfect under study to De Gea as I dont have or see any good young GKs in my game yet. Sold Depay as I dont play wingers and and already have 4 strikers, he was on loan at Monaco last season and I managed to get 60m off Bayern for him

tactics season 3.png

This will be my Away tactic for the season, a tweaked Version worked ok last season, getting some nice results against strong opposition but I now have a stronger midfield with Dier in there. I might tone down Shaw and Darmian though to Wing backs when away from home.

tactics home season 3.png

Formation playing at home, I'm sad Zlatan retired as he played immense in this as a TM (S), held the ball up so well and was always a danger in the box with his height and presence.

I have 184m in the transfer budget still, I dont want to buy anyone else but Renato Sanches looks great as a BTB, hes valued at 43m though , im going to try and unsettle him then maybe get him in January.  His physicals and work rate hes a beast.

sanches.png

1 hour ago, Verby said:

Lovely result, nice to see the squad coming back strong for there first competitive game of the season, looks like Spurs are missing Dier and Alli  :brock:

communityshield.png

Like that formation, certainly suits the player you have, and griezmann ? If I could sign one player would probably be him, class act

1 minute ago, scott MUFC said:

well it appears it was just because it was an away game.. I honestly am getting fed up of tactics doing the exact opposite away from home.

Do you have a slight tactical tweak for away games as opposed to home matches?

no, nothing, but certain things are starting to do my head in.. especially keepers saving and spilling crosses for corners when there is no danger from the cross.

Players should behave in the same way, a ball over the top at home reaches the target, the exact same ball away is cut out its basically stuff like that.

I posted a 4231 based on roles and duties requested, but not used with MU, as I am using variations on a my 442 tactic. The 4231 is tweakable as I used a version to win PL with Spurs.

4 minutes ago, Viruz07 said:

Someone please recommend some mufc home grown players to buy for first season 

Don't know if they will come but there is quite a few

Jonny Evans

Ryan Shawcross

Michael Keane

May not come:

Welbeck

Pique

Drinkwater

Ron-Robert Zieler

and of course RONALDO !!! :)

then you have your poorer players

Cleverly

Rafael

Ravel Morrison

Darren Fletcher etc

1 minute ago, georgey said:

Don't know if they will come but there is quite a few

Jonny Evans

Ryan Shawcross

Michael Keane

then you have your poorer players

Cleverly

Rafael

Ravel Morrison

Darren Fletcher etc

Did anyone have any success with danny Drinkwater at mufc?

What roles work for him the best?

4 minutes ago, Viruz07 said:

Did anyone have any success with danny Drinkwater at mufc?

What roles work for him the best?

Not FM 17 but in 16 i signed him back and used him as both a BBM and a DLP with good success , hight work rate and stamina along with good passing and tackling meant he always put in a good..if unspectactular shift , was reliable though !

2 minutes ago, Herbie2100 said:

So Ibrahimovic, extend for a year og let him go?

Keep him he retires at the end of season 2. He banged them in for me for two seasons. If you're not going to use him enough though just let him go his wages are huge.

Hes a big game player aswel on this FM, scored some important goals in the big games

2 hours ago, scott MUFC said:

cant enjoy this game while my tactics dont work.. wing backs are not getting forward enough, doesn anyone have a working 4-2-3-1 team.. fed up of this now, stuff that should work does not, always easy to cut out tame passes forward and terrible finishing.

this is working for me http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-17-tactics/361111-bosz-ce.html

5 minutes ago, Verby said:

Keep him he retires at the end of season 2. He banged them in for me for two seasons. If you're not going to use him enough though just let him go his wages are huge.

Hes a big game player aswel on this FM, scored some important goals in the big games

He's a hard one to replace, ususally dont like players on that high a wage, but think i will keep him for one more year, letting Rooney go for nothing, to however wants him.

4 minutes ago, Herbie2100 said:

He's a hard one to replace, ususally dont like players on that high a wage, but think i will keep him for one more year, letting Rooney go for nothing, to however wants him.

If I was given the choice to Keep him or Rooney, it would definitely be Ibra. He just offers so much. I played him as a Target Man (S). Rooneys at West Ham on mine and has done nothing for them.

edit; I just checked and Rooney is Transfer Listed in the West Ham u23s

https://gyazo.com/6c373479ccf14e0738d2fb2d5e4d3b80

Just now, Herbie2100 said:

Try dybala or griezmann, some people had success with icardi although I personally don't like him. They Cost a lot but usually available 

14 minutes ago, thim1993 said:

Try dybala or griezmann, some people had success with icardi although I personally don't like him. They Cost a lot but usually available 

i'm playing a lone CP/s atm, so need someone with good heading. Icardi, maybe, but not as complete as Ibra.

Think i will buy Dolberg and ease him in to the team next season.

2 hours ago, knap said:

I posted a 4231 based on roles and duties requested, but not used with MU, as I am using variations on a my 442 tactic. The 4231 is tweakable as I used a version to win PL with Spurs.

wow. nice results. where did u post your tactic?

might see how Zlatan actually plays for me under, however I choose, before deciding where best to go to replace him.

I have noticed this long shot thing, its part of my frustration with my tactic, i got 2 IF and a my striker, and they just shoot from range even when they have time to run on.

11 hours ago, Herbie2100 said:

i'm playing a lone CP/s atm, so need someone with good heading. Icardi, maybe, but not as complete as Ibra.

Think i will buy Dolberg and ease him in to the team next season.

Talking of dolberg, has anybody taken a punt on him so far? I was messing around with a Southampton save whilst I wait for the full game, managed to get him there and he scored a bucket load of goals either as inside forward off the left or striker. Showed enough to think he could make step up to club like Utd

Seeing some early success with a relatively basic 442!

Plenty of width through wingers at MR/L and attacking full backs, DLP/d & CM/d with F9 & AF/a up top!

Tried all sorts of variations but this has been the most solid so far!

21 minutes ago, RickH said:

Seeing some early success with a relatively basic 442!

Plenty of width through wingers at MR/L and attacking full backs, DLP/d & CM/d with F9 & AF/a up top!

Tried all sorts of variations but this has been the most solid so far!

Who do you use in the false 9 role?

Archived