Nation: Any country in the Euro

Division: Top/Second

European Competition: Euro cup

Media Prediction:Any

Board Expectation(s):mid or avoid relegation

Transfer Budget: Enough to pick up one or two players to make an impact

Wage Budget: n/a

Finances: Secure

Other:Im looking to expand my knowledge of Football throughout the rest of Europe. Out of all the time playing FM (FM14 and up) ive always managed clubs in England. So now id like some guidance on a club for me to try out. Ideally id like to manage a club that has strong youth programs, with a wide option of growth available. Tha ks!

Saint Etienne in France could be a good shout as well, even if i think the board should ask for european football for the upcoming season, you'll find there really good youth set up (this is the place where ZOUMA was formed for example)

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Saint Etienne in France could be a good shout as well, even if i think the board should ask for european football for the upcoming season, you'll find there really good youth set up (this is the place where ZOUMA was formed for example)

Ah, I remember how I wanted to convince Zouma to join me at FM13, and he went to Bayern München instead. :D

Nation: Any not Italy/England

Division: Lower leagues if in Europe, any outside

European Competition: no

Media Prediction: any

Board Expectation(s): any

Transfer Budget: any

Wage Budget: any

Finances: any

Other: Looking for a fallen giant. Would prefer outside of Europe, but open to suggestions. Already played Italy/England to death so they are out of the question.

Nation: England

Division: Championship or League 1

European Competition: N/A

Media Prediction: Not top 6 if Championship. If League 1 any

Board Expectation(s): Any

Transfer Budget: Any

Wage Budget: Not above the wages

Finances: Any

Other:

A good academy.

If Championship: Thinking in clubs like Fulham or Wolves. Want a club outside of the top 6 to be in the Premier league in the first season without too much trouble

If League 1: A club that can in the Premier in 3 years, Sheff Utd?

Other:

A good academy.

If Championship: Thinking in clubs like Fulham or Wolves. Want a club outside of the top 6 to be in the Premier league in the first season without too much trouble

Wigan can have a real run at it as well.

Nation: Some where in Europe

Division: Top

European Competition: Not a must

Media Prediction: Mid - bottom

Board Expectation(s): Mid - bottom

Transfer Budget: -

Wage Budget: -

Finances: -

Other: I want a team with a good deep lying playmaker, a fast right winger with good crossing, a good inside attacker on the left side with finishing ability.

Other:

A good academy.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/441112-FM16-Barnsley-F-C-The-Only-Way-Is-Up-Surely

Come in and join the rest of us. Plenty of potential in the squad as you can see by the team analysis part. Team is easily good enough to win the league I would say if you are good at FM, 2 young homegrown players are wanted by Premier League clubs at the start which suggests they can go all the way with you and a chairman that is very open minded and accepts a lot of requests.

Nation: Some where in Europe

European Competition: Not a must

Media Prediction: Mid - bottom

Board Expectation(s): Mid - bottom

Transfer Budget: -

Wage Budget: -

Finances: -

Other: I want a team with a good deep lying playmaker, a fast right winger with good crossing, a good inside attacker on the left side with finishing ability.

Stuttgart. Gentner is a pretty decent dlp, Kostic is the right winger you looking for and Timo Werner will be the left inside forward.

Division: League 1 or 2

European Competition: n/a

Media Prediction: Any

Wage Budget: Any

Other: Preferably a small team (so not Portsmouth or Luton) that hasn't really been above League 1 before.

I want a nice challenge where I can bring a club from bottom to top. I enjoy developing my own players but that's not hugely important to me in the first few seasons when I'm setting up my dynasty.

Good afternoon,

I have just made the step up from FM13 to 16 and am struggling- all be it a joyful struggle- with the myriad of options, settings and tactical advancements. Had a test run (although it wasn't meant to be a test!) with Whitehawk of Conference South fame and woefully under-performed with a side tasked by the board to make the playoffs. So looking to get going again; previously I have kept mainly to one club but would quite like to ping around Europe a bit.

Nation:European, but not England

Division:2nd tier and beyond, unless there is a compelling reason to take a top tier side. Don't mind going to Europe's backwaters but would prefer if the club were professional.

Media Prediction:

Board Expectation(s):Avoid relegation

Transfer Budget:Not overly bothered with this

Wage Budget: Ideally a little wriggle room to get a few chaps in

Finances:I'd quite like a debt-free club, but I could possibly tolerate a small loss.

Other: As I've said, I'd like to find a team with literally zero expectations where I can tinker and trial at my leisure whilst plotting future moves up the managerial food chain towards managerial greatness (or perhaps just a League Cup).

Hope someone out there who can give me a suggestion or two.

Many thanks.

Division:2nd tier and beyond, unless there is a compelling reason to take a top tier side. Don't mind going to Europe's backwaters but would prefer if the club were professional.

Media Prediction:

Finances:I'd quite like a debt-free club, but I could possibly tolerate a small loss.

Other: As I've said, I'd like to find a team with literally zero expectations where I can tinker and trial at my leisure whilst plotting future moves up the managerial food chain towards managerial greatness (or perhaps just a League Cup).

Many thanks.

SV Darmstadt 98 in the Bundesliga has zero expectations and is debt free.

Not sure how much it fits the "tinker and trial at leasure" part, because the squad is very limited and will certainly struggle in the Bundesliga. But if the board is true to their word, they probably keep you even if you go down with the club.

I started a team thread for them. You can find it here.

SV Darmstadt 98 in the Bundesliga has zero expectations and is debt free.

Not sure how much it fits the "tinker and trial at leasure" part, because the squad is very limited and will certainly struggle in the Bundesliga. But if the board is true to their word, they probably keep you even if you go down with the club.

I started a team thread for them. You can find it here.

Thanks Jean-Luc for your reply, I'll certainly add Darmstadt to my shortlist. You've done an excellent job with that thread, and die Lilien certainly seem an interesting club! My only issue is that they are a top tier club but, as you point out, they are a touch different from the norm. As a bit of a teutophile I'm surprised that I have very rarely managed in Germany on any incarnation of Football Manager so, as I say, Darmstadt are one to consider!

Good afternoon,

I have just made the step up from FM13 to 16 and am struggling- all be it a joyful struggle- with the myriad of options, settings and tactical advancements. Had a test run (although it wasn't meant to be a test!) with Whitehawk of Conference South fame and woefully under-performed with a side tasked by the board to make the playoffs. So looking to get going again; previously I have kept mainly to one club but would quite like to ping around Europe a bit.

Media Prediction:

Many thanks.

I'm in work so I can't make a solid suggestion based on finances etc but Real Oviedo have just been promoted to Liga Adelante in Spain so I would assume their expectations are not too high. They have an interesting ownership model in real life where your everyday man can buy one(or more) share in the club. They also have a rich history and are aiming to get back to the glory days. Probably a bit of an obvious suggestion but thought it was one worth making.

I'm in work so I can't make a solid suggestion based on finances etc but Real Oviedo have just been promoted to Liga Adelante in Spain so I would assume their expectations are not too high. They have an interesting ownership model in real life where your everyday man can buy one(or more) share in the club. They also have a rich history and are aiming to get back to the glory days. Probably a bit of an obvious suggestion but thought it was one worth making.

Thankyou for the suggestion Phenomenon. I've heard of Real Oviedo/Carlos Slim/Chris Darwin of 'We are the Managers' fame etc. but hadn't actually considered managing them! So it may well be an obvious suggestion, but not one I'd thought about. They, alongside Darmstadt, enter the shortlist.

Merci!

I'd also suggest the two teams in Paris that are not well fancied in Ligue 2 (Paris FC & Red Star FC). Topical and could possibly get quite attached to them?

I may be wrong but US Creteil also appear to be in or near Paris.

Many thanks for the suggestions Jogo- another three teams I'd barely heard of, let alone considered to manage but, from a cursory look all interesting clubs. It seems Paris FC are currently struggling, whilst Red Star and Creteil are in mid table.

I intend to start later this evening with these suggestions being very helpful in determining my future managerial prospects!

Much obliged.

So... I've started an Accrington save but, in case that goes belly up, I want a backup save to go straight into. I've read the careers from the Faroe Islands and Gibraltar and others like that and got a bit excited. Basically I want to have a save where I can bring a rubbish team from the bottom league to the top of whatever country they're in and qualify for Europe and build a team of world beaters. In doing so, I will improve the national teams chances and the Euro coefficient of the country. That's the aim anyway. So fire away. It doesn't even have to be a team you recommend, it can just be the country to pick from. Many thanks

Nation: A crap European league with one Euro place (like the Faroe Islands or Wales but not those two if that makes sense)

Division: Lowest playable division in that country

European Competition: The team can't be in a Euro competition to start with but there must be a Euro place to actually achieve.

Media Prediction: You choose

Board Expectation(s): Whatever

Transfer Budget: Whatever

Wage Budget: Whatever

Finances: Whatever

Other: Kind of explained already. I don't want to use any editor files to add leagues in.

Edit: I know about San Marino, Gibraltar and Faroe Islands but want a different one to those.

So... I've started an Accrington save but, in case that goes belly up, I want a backup save to go straight into. I've read the careers from the Faroe Islands and Gibraltar and others like that and got a bit excited. Basically I want to have a save where I can bring a rubbish team from the bottom league to the top of whatever country they're in and qualify for Europe and build a team of world beaters. In doing so, I will improve the national teams chances and the Euro coefficient of the country. That's the aim anyway. So fire away. It doesn't even have to be a team you recommend, it can just be the country to pick from. Many thanks

Nation: A crap European league with one Euro place (like the Faroe Islands or Wales but not those two if that makes sense)

Division: Lowest playable division in that country

European Competition: The team can't be in a Euro competition to start with but there must be a Euro place to actually achieve.

Media Prediction: You choose

Board Expectation(s): Whatever

Transfer Budget: Whatever

Wage Budget: Whatever

Finances: Whatever

Other: Kind of explained already. I don't want to use any editor files to add leagues in.

The obvious choice would be San Marino, because it offers the double advantage that the whole country has only one club, so your players will have an immediate impact on the national team. The problem seems to be that San Marino Calcio was relegated from Italien League C to League D last year, so you might have to go on holiday and wait for the club to resurrect. There's a whole subthread in the "challenge" section called the "Sammarese challenge", which has been active for years. Maybe you know all this, but you only mentioned Färöer and Gibraltar. :)

The obvious choice would be San Marino, because it offers the double advantage that the whole country has only one club, so your players will have an immediate impact on the national team. The problem seems to be that San Marino Calcio was relegated from Italien League C to League D last year, so you might have to go on holiday and wait for the club to resurrect. There's a whole subthread in the "challenge" section called the "Sammarese challenge", which has been active for years. Maybe you know all this, but you only mentioned Färöer and Gibraltar. :)

Yes I know all about the San Marino Challenge and have tried it on numerous occasions to no avail. I need another country.

Nation: Any - Preferably outside of England

Division: Not in the top

Media Prediction: Mid Table

Board Expectation(s): Mid Table

Transfer Budget: Not overly fussed - Maybe some wiggle room

Wage Budget: Same as above - Would like wiggle room

Finances: Not Essential - Don't mind having debt

Other:The Club must have good Youth Academy - Good Junior Coaching & Youth Recruitment - I want a team that i can build for success using the academy - I want to be able to rely on a good youth intake and after a few years have the majority of the 1st team born & bred through the Academy.

Other:The Club must have good Youth Academy - Good Junior Coaching & Youth Recruitment - I want a team that i can build for success using the academy - I want to be able to rely on a good youth intake and after a few years have the majority of the 1st team born & bred through the Academy.

My standard answer for a smaller club, currently not in the top Division, with great Youth Academy is the SC Freiburg in German 2. Bundesliga. They also have a reputation of fielding 18 year olds in the first team squad.

I think I'll make a team thread about them ... but probably for FM17. ;)

One of the minor problems is that the Bundesliga has a minimum age restriction. You can't field players younger than 17 years in professional matches. :)

Nation: UK

Division: National League (Conference in old money)

Media Prediction: Top 5

Board Expectation(s): Top 5

Transfer Budget: £100k+

Wage Budget: at least have some spare budget

Finances: secure or ok, not insecure or worse

Other:

Last year played as Gateshead who fitted the above criteria. Would love a bit of a breakdown of the predicted top 10 if poss – to include Team name, predicted finish, board expectations, budget and financial situation, for example Grimsby 4th Promotion £100k Secure, Kidderminster 8th Survival £0 Insecure

Tranmere fit the bill here, prediction is 1st though and transfer budget is 50k. They have several players worth over 100k though that you can sell. Played half a season with them and i'm top.

Shame it's not the same in real life. We've struggled for years with no sign of on pitch improvements.

Nation: UK, Germany, Italy, Spain

Division: Premier League, Bundesliga etc.

Media Prediction: top 5

Board Expectation(s): top 5

Transfer Budget: I can't really decide, I don't want it to be too small but i don't want it to be ridiculously high either.

Wage Budget: A good decent amount

Finances: Secure/Very Stable

Other:

I have a habit of quitting saves because i feel like i'm missing out on playing a certain team.. I just want to stick to one save for now and just have fun with that certain team.

Nation: UK, Germany, Italy, Spain

Division: Premier League, Bundesliga etc.

Media Prediction: top 5

Board Expectation(s): top 5

Transfer Budget: I can't really decide, I don't want it to be too small but i don't want it to be ridiculously high either.

Wage Budget: A good decent amount

Finances: Secure/Very Stable

Other:

I have a habit of quitting saves because i feel like i'm missing out on playing a certain team.. I just want to stick to one save for now and just have fun with that certain team.

Napoli/AC Milan, Sevilla/A.Madrid, Dortmund/Wolfsburg and Tottenham.

I want to start a youth development save within England. So, only use players that came through my youth program. I prefer not to start in the EPL nor Championship. So, pretty much a L1 or L2 club. Any advice on some club? Thanks.

Crewe would be the obvious choice. Not sure about any others.

Nation: Will think about any, but probably one of the European leagues

Division: Any

Transfer Budget: Again any, but competitive at least would be handy

Wage Budget: Amy

Other:

This will be a multiplayer save so all I'm looking for really are suggestions for TWO clubs that are moderately similar. All suggestions are welcome, thanks.

No template needed here it's just I can't choose between the two LLM teams.

A) Salford - total new slate, no fav personal and can sign a few frees etc (will be a year in I do this though!)

B) FC United - I feel bad sacking there legend personal but an okay team and I quite like the nickname.

Anyone had experience with either?

Nation: any outisde top

Division: top

European Competition: not bothered

Media Prediction: not bothered

Board Expectation(s): not bothered

Transfer Budget: some left

Wage Budget: some left

Finances: not bothered

Other: I'm looking for a team where i can build my own home grown hero's over time. I'm fed up of the values and wage demands of players in the bigger leagues hence looking smaller. Hopefully the team would have a good nucleus of players i could grow over the years to come and be my stalwarts

Nation: Will think about any, but probably one of the European leagues

Division: Any

Transfer Budget: Again any, but competitive at least would be handy

Wage Budget: Amy

Other:

This will be a multiplayer save so all I'm looking for really are suggestions for TWO clubs that are moderately similar. All suggestions are welcome, thanks.

How about Werder Bremen and Hamburgers SV in Germany ?

Hamburg might have the slight edge in finances and Bremen in current squad, but not too much in both cases i would think. Big time historic rivalry as well and neither team is a top team right now (so theres room to grow).

I want to start a youth development save within England. So, only use players that came through my youth program. I prefer not to start in the EPL nor Championship. So, pretty much a L1 or L2 club. Any advice on some club? Thanks.

Plymouth can produce some belting youngsters and have a really good team to start with.

Right lads this needs to be good! I'm at a dead end and need a project! Juts can't seem to find a team that sticks so far!

Nation: Mid European or Argentina (curve ball)!

European Competition: Maybe!

Transfer Budget: Don't need one, I prefer to bring through kids

Other: Some room to build an identity at the club, bringing though the kids, playing football my way!

Right lads this needs to be good! I'm at a dead end and need a project! Juts can't seem to find a team that sticks so far!

Nation: Mid European or Argentina (curve ball)!

European Competition: Maybe!

Transfer Budget: Don't need one, I prefer to bring through kids

Other: Some room to build an identity at the club, bringing though the kids, playing football my way!

You really should try OFK Beograd/OFK Belgrade from Serbia. Top tier, no euro competitions in first season, no transfer budget but amazing conditions for developing your own youth. You've got great facilities, some nice talent at your disposal from the start, great regens in every intake. Your only job is to keep them at club long enough for them to develop and start kicking a$s.

Nation: Spain, Italy, Germany, China and other Asia

Division: TOP

European Competition: Nope

Media Prediction: 8-20

Transfer Budget: Doesnt Matter

Wage Budget: Doesnt Matter

Finances: Doesnt Matter

Other: Any teams like Real Sociedad etc

Nation: Competitive

Division: Continentally competitive (or could be)

European Competition: Not important - potential to be in contention for a place

Media Prediction: Not important

Board Expectation(s): Not important

Transfer Budget: Something to work with

Wage Budget: Something to work with

Finances: Something to work with

Other: Essentially got bored of playing as man utd, stoke, malaga and a few others I regularly play with for many many years now. I normally have to care about the team I play as in order for me to give it any time. Basically I'm after a project but in many ways a fairly easy one as I don't get much time to play anymore so relatively quick progression for most people would actually take a bit of time for me (I only tend to get a few hours over the weekend now because of work and family). I always play in Europe as I cant ever seem to get into a game elsewhere but maybe I should broaden my horizons. I would like to be somewhere where I could with some development turn the club into continental title challengers and in turn Club world championship contenders! Hope this helps, thanks in advance for your suggestions...

I should say an edited db isn't out of the question or any other types of project like a save with some interesting developments in 10 years time etc, I'm fairly open to the normal and the 'outside of the box' suggestions...

Nation: England, Spain, Italy, Germany

European Competition: Any

Other: Looking for those teams who could be built on but they're not the top team. Looking for help in making a decision between Arsenal, Sevilla, Valencia, Inter, Roma, and Wolfsburg

Nation: England, Spain, Italy, Germany

Other: Looking for those teams who could be built on but they're not the top team. Looking for help in making a decision between Arsenal, Sevilla, Valencia, Inter, Roma, and Wolfsburg

I've been playing as Valencia for 3 seasons now. Start off with a good young squad, and some really quality youth. Finances are all good now. Would highly recommend.

Nation: England, Italy, Scotland

Division: Top two tiers

Media Prediction: Top half

Transfer Budget: Not too low, but not too high

Other: I want a team that will be a fun challenge, but don't want a team that is super tough.

Recently started a Monaco save, and it went terribly, so I jumped ship. Anyway, the thing I was most attracted to which made me start a game with them was the amount of wonderkids in the team, something crazy like 10 in the first team and 15 or so in the reserve squad, plus another 10-15 in the U19s!! Unfortunately I just couldn't get the team to click so failed miserably.

Anyway, I'm just wondering if there are any teams with a similar setup? Making it possible to field a side mainly with talented youngsters and plenty of potential throughout the squad? Thinking of starting up a Spurs save for this reason and Schalke is also a possibility. Any other recommendations?

Nation: Top European League

Division: Any, but preferably lower

Transfer Budget: None or close to none

Wage Budget: Inflated

Finances: Dire

Other: Basically, I'm looking for a team that is a complete and utter financial shambles. Just a black pit that money falls into. I'm looking for a challenge.

Nation: Any top European league. Preferably from: France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain

Division: Either top or second division.

European Competition: Either Europa League or none.

Board Expectation(s): Anything other than 'expecting to win the division'.

Transfer Budget: Any, as long as they're not bankrupt.

Finances: Nothing below secure.

Other: Basically looking for a team that hasn't won much in recent seasons. Would like a team who have solid foundations in terms of players. A few quality players already in the team. Possibly a fallen giant type of team, but not necessary.

Archived