FM16 - First thoughts on the early disclosures.

That's great, what about the majority of FM'ers who are using integrated Intel HD graphics or much lower specification dedicated graphics?

I'd love SI to reach the level of fidelity seen in FIFA or PES but I understand that because of the FM consumer group as a whole such a move might not appear commercially appealing, hopefully everyone who plays FM leaves the data collection function active so that SI get an accurate picture of what systems their customers are using to play FM & how they are using them

And if the SI gives us two graphic options in a game: SI could do better graphics but who doesn't have a good pc for better graphics would play with a low graphic version, whose would be the current one.

3d managers, Analysis tools, Create a club were in fifa manager probably 10 years ago. Where is the progress?

Here is a list of features that were in management games in the last 15 years and we still don't see them in FM!!

- stadium editor/creator

- spend your manager salary and maybe buy a club.

- Sponsorship

- Economical model for the club (ticket prices+ sim city style building interface)

- TV style presentation and analysis

- More detailed training and maybe a 3d plays designer and a set piece creator

- Kit designer

- Sound effects like national anthems and tournament anthems

- Player manager mode

And a second entity where it is more realistic and can be trusted to deliver a more realistic experience for the hardcore managers. Maybe give the users the freedom to create mods.

I've tried to be as constructive as possible but when a management game has matches that end 6-4 with 55 shots on goal (even after 3 or 4 patches) then something is not right.

I like the new FM16 features, but excluding two or three ones, I don't see on the rest as THAT feature, you got it? I am thinking more interesting the features announced on twitter than those "major" features.

And I give +1 for all those features but the "sim city style building interface".

Sponsorship is in the game.

national anthems and tournament ones are specially licensed to use, hence not in it.

- Economical model for the club (ticket prices+ sim city style building interface) - they have no plans for giving manager this level of control (which they never would)

- Player manager mode - no current plans for making this, nor is it that likely to be honest

-More detailed training and maybe a 3d plays designer and a set piece creator - FM16 contains a set piece creator

- TV style presentation and analysis - prozone analysis is in the game. No idea what you mean by TV style presentation

- Maybe he means the use of real sponsors, not?

- nor national anthems at least? Well that problem could be fixed with a "sound editor" in game, for players add chants for countries/teams

- This would be a "chairman mode", so it's complicated for now...

- This would be great and interesting feature. Sometimes I see SI people saying "that thing won't be in game because that doesn't happen in real life" but there are cases of "player managers" IRL. In Brazil for example there is a team where the guy is player, manager and Chairman lol. Yes, they are professional. Romario had an experience as player manager in America-RJ and Vasco.

- I would like so much that CM10 set piece creator. The customization level was high. Doing the AI taking advantage with it too would make that feature interesting and a good set piece battle.

- It's just you watch the presentation of a match on TV or even in games like FIFA/PES, with that broadcast logos of the championship, the lineup presentation, info about stats during the match, and those stuffs.

* I'd like to have seen the ability to focus on a number of specific training attributes that you can customise as opposed to a roles attributes or just one attribute.

* Better youth developement, head of youth dev seems irrelevant. Maybe more purpose to him and more interaction, insight into future newgens (under 16s)

* Own academies abroad to develop and bring players through instead of partnerships with affiliates?

* More indepth player interaction, discipline for example.

* Intelligent player partnerships (Yorke and Cole). Some maybe natural and some could be training focused.

* Ass Man should use your tactics in friendlies

* Loan fees seem to have a ceiling of 200k a month if loaning out but the AI can ask crazy money.

* More realistic player swaps, doesn't seem very good to me.

* More defensive PPMS, controls backline?

* More goalkeeping PPMS, Long throws, Look to claim from corners etc

- Better youth development and mainly national team development. Why the national teams don't have a deep training system like the clubs?

- Academies for now!!

What surprises me is that every year they bring us more and more interactions. I can't believe there is so many people loving these interactions. I have no choice but move to FMC.

I'm waiting for the day we have to cope with wives/gf's blaming us for not letting play their boy in the first squad (and I really hope I haven't given you a suggestion here :D).

NOOOOOO hahahahah! Not that level haah. And yes I like those interactions. But i am interesting in more "personal life player interections", since it really affects their match, as bad attitudes (lack training sessions is a example and this is in game.)

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3D match view must be a lot more realistic; there are no pre and after match highlights. Since it is commonly said that the aim 3D view is providing match experience like TV; they must be there I think. The game starts & ends immediately which reduces the reality. But someone can say I do not want to watch them, I am only interested in the match after kick off - so this can be optional and can be skipped.

Blimey, 'slag off FM thread'.....

Anyway I just wanted to say I love Fm15 and think it's the best yet, I've played every one since CM.

FM16 looks good, each year I can't imagine how they will make huge strides forward, but they don't need to, just keep tweaking it and adding small features. My own desires are:

- Better control of what you get news items about, i.e a screen where you can enable/disable each area and fine tweak it too, i.e I want to know every time a transfer target is approached by another club, I want to know who won player of the week but I dont want info about those weeks results from that league, or other smaller info. I want to fine tune it exactly so I'm not tapping space alot to get through all the messages, but I'm not missing key things I want to know.

- New stadium presentation - would be nice if a new stadium was made more of a big deal, maybe a computer generated image with the new stadium (from a generic pool) and just generally more than a 1 email thing about it.

- Better interaction with players, to be honest I just found I get the same 'I want a new contract' request all the time, which I just reply 'no, plenty of time remaining' and thats the end of it, endless cycle, at first it seemed good now its just tedious.

- Create a club is great, as others said the editor is great but can be a pain, especially if you mess something up and end up paying for it when you realise way down the line.

- Better/more realistic dynamic growth/fanbases, for example I've put an amazing squad together with Ipswich town, won the CL, Prem 2 seasons in a row too, yet we dont even sell out the 30k stadium, that is simply not realistic, Ipswich get 18-20k in the championship, in the Prem we would sell out weekly even if we were a bottom half side.

- Dont change too much, the game is bl**dy excellent, people moan but they still play it/post on here, if they really hated it they won't even be here. Credit to SI team, it really is like nothing else, it's the ONLY game I've played in the last 5 years.

I'm here but I have no intention of buying '16. And until I get some sort of honest to Zeus proof that AI squad building and management is vastly, vastly improved (I'm not allowed to refer to it as being 'fixed' apparently) I won't be buying another FM. All the new graphics changes and the FM Classic/Touch/Slim/Whatever They're calling it now but you can't change the database so it's relatively useless mean nothing to me. I don't care about how pretty the stickmen are.

It's almost 2016 but the 3D graphics still look similar to games released in 1996. How can SI's graphics technology be consistently this bad? I'm not expecting FIFA graphics but come on! At the very least I'd like to see 2000s and up style graphics, not 90s.

Could be because FM and FIFA/PES are two completely different types of game and don't need the same levels of flashy 'look how much Ronaldo looks like Ronaldo when he 'OOOOOH!'s' graphics.

Could be because FM and FIFA/PES are two completely different types of game and don't need the same levels of flashy 'look how much Ronaldo looks like Ronaldo when he 'OOOOOH!'s' graphics.

Altough I agree with you, I do think that the 3D representation has to go up in the coming years.

Just look at the latest video cards released. The rendering capability of those cards far outmatches the recommended system reqs of FM.

interactions should be more wide - as manager - we should be able to speak with our players about almost everything; and both the conversations and their responses must be more dynamic, not standard. I can easily predict the responses, so the current form of interactions are like "click & increase happiness of players with praising his performance"

Look, here is what Benitez recently said about the importance of interactions:

"With Toni Kroos I must have had like 20 individual conversations. We are in agreement with everything"

I have no complaints. Any new features (whether you like them or not personally) can only help to enhance the game for those that want to use them and certainly shouldn't be of any detriment to those that don't....

Providing the ME and the existing features are consistently improved upon from version to version, then the game will only be getting better.

I have no complaints. Any new features (whether you like them or not personally) can only help to enhance the game for those that want to use them and certainly shouldn't be of any detriment to those that don't....

Providing the ME and the existing features are consistently improved upon from version to version, then the game will only be getting better.

Times spent on Create A Club (unnecessary really, when the Editor is availble) and Create a Manager, things that are entirely superfluous to the actual gameplay, is time that could have been spent on the most important thing. The actual gameplay.

Times spent on Create A Club (unnecessary really, when the Editor is availble) and Create a Manager, things that are entirely superfluous to the actual gameplay, is time that could have been spent on the most important thing. The actual gameplay.

1) they are requested features in the wishlist

2) worked on by different teams. The match engine has a dedicated team who do nothing but work on the match engine.

I have no interest in either, but appreciate there are those who are, and have long requested them.

1) they are requested features in the wishlist

2) worked on by different teams. The match engine has a dedicated team who do nothing but work on the match engine.

I have no interest in either, but appreciate there are those who are, and have long requested them.

Is there a seperate team for AI squad planning/building?

My requested features are being able to edit the European Cups start date offset and an AI that doesn't do massively unrealistic/stupid things like sign Marquinhos for the reserves.

I realise I might come across as blunt but the 'fluff' additions might placate some people and that's good but at the same time why should they be given priority over others? Long standing FM players who are in despair at how the game has become bloated with - largely aesthetic - new features. FMC would be ideal if only we were allowed to have Editor file compatibility.

This type of thing has been said many times.

You/we don't know how much time was spent on those anyway, also yeah the full game has editor but FMC players don't have one as yet so create-a-club is a welcome addition for some of us.

Is there a seperate team for AI squad planning/building?

My requested features are being able to edit the European Cups start date offset and an AI that doesn't do massively unrealistic/stupid things like sign Marquinhos for the reserves.

I realise I might come across as blunt but the 'fluff' additions might placate some people and that's good but at the same time why should they be given priority over others? Long standing FM players who are in despair at how the game has become bloated with - largely aesthetic - new features. FMC would be ideal if only we were allowed to have Editor file compatibility.

There are multiple separate teams, particularly on AI and ME because of their sheer complexity (ME is especially complex)

You can't speak for long standing players, for example I am one such player. You can only speak on your terms. What might be "fluff" to you, could be something much wanted to someone else.

There are multiple separate teams, particularly on AI and ME because of their sheer complexity (ME is especially complex)

You can't speak for long standing players, for example I am one such player. You can only speak on your terms. What might be "fluff" to you, could be something much wanted to someone else.

I am a long standing player. Have been since Champ Man days. I was talking about me, and then if ('if') applicable people like me who want AI and ME to be the headline improvements every year.

I'm noticing that a lot of replies to my posts focus on the language I employ rather than the points that I raise. Previously I made the point about the poor AI squad building being 'Fixed' and am told that isn't correct. (I was using this definition by the way 'Do the necessary work to improve or adapt something', but that was ignored.)

I ask you why some feature requests get implemented while others aren't, and you question my use of 'long standing players'.

Come on.

I am a long standing player. Have been since Champ Man days. I was talking about me, and then if ('if') applicable people like me who want AI and ME to be the headline improvements every year.

I'm noticing that a lot of replies to my posts focus on the language I employ rather than the points that I raise. Previously I made the point about the poor AI squad building being 'Fixed' and am told that isn't correct. (I was using this definition by the way 'Do the necessary work to improve or adapt something', but that was ignored.)

I ask you why some feature requests get implemented while others aren't, and you question my use of 'long standing players'.

Come on.

You misunderstand my point I feel. You said long standings players, I said you can only speak for yourself and your feelings (never one said how long you were playing the game for).

Because not every feature can get in, there is a limited amount of time, some features get planned well in advance, some get dropped or delayed, some come in at the last minute because they find a new way that delivers it. And devs have to make a call on what gets in or goes out. After all it's their game, they do get to choose what goes in.

Again with the semantics. I understand your point completely.

I was speaking primarily for myself, 'my feelings', and if the are other long standing players who feel the same way they are included as well. I was using myself as an example from a larger group. I could easily have just said 'Players' and the context wouldn't have changed.

I've personally never had any issues with AI squad building, I think it's one of these issues that a few people moan about until it snowballs to a level that people start claiming the game is unplayable because of it. It could definitely be improved, but it's a fairly ambiguous feature of the game anyway. Who are we, as human managers, to dictate what players the AI managers decide to play? Players who aren't playing regularly at any club are quick to be unhappy and try and force a move, so I don't see why it's that big of an issue to some. If you get the balance right between the amount of players loaded and leagues added, the AI transfer market becomes a lot more dynamic and realistic. I think many people's issues with AI squad building can be attributed to this. But as I said, it's always open to improvement.

Yeah, you just need to look at how many people feel the need to overhaul their starting squads to see that squad building in real life isn't exactly great either, if anything it's too easy for the user to build & develop the perfect squad & that is a more pressing issue that I would like to see addressed. Obviously having to deal with real life problems in a game isn;t fun so I'd understand if the majority do not share that sentiment.

To make the change for a 64 bit exe would be a lot of work in a huge number of ways. Already if you're running FM on a 64-bit system you have more options than running on 32 - you can run more leagues with more players and the system won't run out of memory.

That's not to say we won't do it, nor that we don't want to do it, it's just a huge undertaking. We're aware it's something people want.

To come back to this point, I just accidentally bought a 64-bit only game (Cities: Skyline) that I can't run on my 32-bit setup. I completely missed it on the installation guide, and am now faced with either writing off the money or upgrading to a 64-bit OS to run this one game.

I'm by no means a PC neanderthal, but that is the first occurrence I've had of my 32-bit Windows 7 OS not being good enough to run something- with a Steam library closing in on 100 games, including more graphics-intense games like Portal 2, Skyrim and Civ V.

FM going 64-bit only strikes me as being still a good few years off.

Is the Steam refund policy still active or have the stopped that as quickly as paid mods?

They do, but I bought it through CD Keys (so, £8 instead of £23), who have a blanket no refunds policy. I'll probably just suck it up.

That isn't even true. 2.8 goals per game in the English Conference North (6th tier) this season after 10 matches, about the same as in the Premier League, Serie A or La Liga. The Bundesliga has even averaged over 3 goals a game in recent seasons.

The last part is just not true. No European top league has had more than 2.8/2.9 goals per match over a season in the last 20-30 years. Infact, it is almost always between 2.4 (likely Italy) and 2.6 (Bundesliga and Premier League), with the odd 2.8 for the Bundesliga 2 years ago (I think).

After 5 years in FM15 the Serie A had 3.2 goals per matches and the Bundesliga 3.3. Every season, not just once. Made me stop playing FM, which I never ever ever did before (after the spring patch).

I will download the demo and check on the goals per match, I might even join the beta and skim through 5 seasons. But if this hasn't been adressed adeguately, I will skip FM 16, which would be my first time in 15 years.

Serie A came in at 2.8 goals per game last season & tends to be at 2.6-2.7, Bundesliga has been consistently in the 2.8-3.0 per game range for the last 5 years with La Liga & English Premier league in the middle.

FM is definitely over by half a goal per game but as the ME tends to favour more attacking systems which over time the AI managers will adopt that is probably not surprising but is also closer than I'd expect.

I will download the demo and check on the goals per match, I might even join the beta and skim through 5 seasons. But if this hasn't been adressed adeguately, I will skip FM 16, which would be my first time in 15 years.

How do you know that in five seasons time irl the goal averages WON'T be over 3 goals a game in certain leagues? Answer - You don't. Also, as soon as you press continue, the game world takes on a life of its own. To stop playing the game because the average amount of goals in a simulated league at any given time is higher than the real life equivalent just now is completely crazy.

Yeah, you just need to look at how many people feel the need to overhaul their starting squads to see that squad building in real life isn't exactly great either, if anything it's too easy for the user to build & develop the perfect squad & that is a more pressing issue that I would like to see addressed. Obviously having to deal with real life problems in a game isn;t fun so I'd understand if the majority do not share that sentiment.

Yup, this is the real problem, we shouldn't be able to so handily round up 20 or so top players, and keep them all relatively happy.

The point is an AI manager will NEVER do that. Youngsters aren't developed, older players are shipped out prematurely, and nothing is done by way of creating a 'team identity'. AI managers don't care about the hidden attributes, it seems. You'll never get an AI manager targeting an older player for their Influence and Determination for example. They just say, 'Need striker' > 'Striker CA but more importantly REPUTATION compatible with my team reputation and finance' > Selling club accepts first offer for their star player.

I'm not trying to dictate who AI managers sign by the way, but seeing the likes of Manchester United or Real Madrid hiring really rubbish coaches purely to fill positions on the coaching staff because the game has calculated based on reputation that they should have X when they have B already hired is ridiculous. Likewise signing high PA youngsters then never developing them, or signing average players who have an inflated rep.

Maybe it's too much to ask for, the capability just isn't there, but I'd prefer to see them try to vastly improve it than deny it is really a genuine problem.

The point is an AI manager will NEVER do that. Youngsters aren't developed, older players are shipped out prematurely, and nothing is done by way of creating a 'team identity'. AI managers don't care about the hidden attributes, it seems. You'll never get an AI manager targeting an older player for their Influence and Determination for example. They just say, 'Need striker' > 'Striker CA but more importantly REPUTATION compatible with my team reputation and finance' > Selling club accepts first offer for their star player.

For you to come to this conclusion you must have studied every other team in the game's transfer movement and squad development over a prolonged period of time. Personally I think the AI's squad building improves as the game gets a lot further in - although paradoxically by that point, a human player who knows what they are doing will be able to usurp that greatly by that stage.

As an example, this year's game is the first in many years I've had a save go into the 2030s. In that save just now, I have a great side, but hardly all conquering (as I try and play the game fairly to maintain some semblence of realism, ie I don't buy millions of young players and sell them for insane profits to give the club billions of pounds, etc), and the big teams around me - still Chelsea and Man City - have superb squads, with a mixture of youngsters that have been developed at each club and a number of star players. Manchester United, who are also still challengers at this point have developed a young striker called Lee Fletcher. I know this as he scored a couple against my team when he was very young, so I kept an eye on him. He's now developed into a full international and has led the league in goals scored the last two seasons. So, to say youngsters are never developed isn't really accurate. I suppose it will differ from save to save, and what set up you've got running will also have an influence. But what I did notice in that save was how much better the AI coped with transfers and squads the later the gameworld went on and it became 95% newgens. But that could just be false perception again - With so many teams and players, it's difficult for an individual user to really be certain.

We get that argument again and again and it really is a weird one to me. It may be different teams, but it's one big payroll. So reduce one team and use the money freed up to expand the other. Just like a football club can let a defender go and hire a striker instead if that is what they need...

Some full fat playing people are snobs, you see it sometimes on these forums when they say that they don't like certain new announced features like Create a Club because you can do that in the editor. There is no editor for FMC, so Create a Club is a big deal.

It's hardly snobbery. People have every right to be disappointed when one section of the game is improved while the other is not. I have said before I would love FMC if it was Editor compatible. Instead of making Create A Club, why not just make the or an Editor available for FMC?

(Yes, I get that may be the overall aim further down the line. To introduce Create A Club as a new feature though feels like half a thing.)

It's hardly snobbery. People have every right to be disappointed when one section of the game is improved while the other is not. I have said before I would love FMC if it was Editor compatible. Instead of making Create A Club, why not just make the or an Editor available for FMC?

(Yes, I get that may be the overall aim further down the line. To introduce Create A Club as a new feature though feels like half a thing.)

Because they've said they won't be doing it, feeling that it's against the ethos of FMC itself.

That's a debate I don't even want to attempt to get into. Creating a Club is fine, well within the ethos, but changing a country's short name or updating the database, that's against it.

Right then.

So take it up with SI, I'm only repeating what they said. That said, I can see their point. Creating a Club =/= A Full Editor anyway.

(Taking this from fmpassion as they seem to have copied stuff from Miles on Twitter I think.)

http://s16.postimg.org/mo0tti7r9/fm16_backroom_staff_overview_screen.png

That, really is a fantastic improvement in its own right. Also highlight key attributes for staff! Finally we shall know what makes a good DoF and Head of Youth! (going from the screenshots, HOY = Working with youngsters, JPA and JPP... that all!)

Other improvements to staff in FM16:

Manager reputation is no longer judged on a 1-6 scale and is now 20 point, similar to player attributes - That's an interesting one... I would like to see starting reputation be independent of starting skills, so I can be an obscure 20 in everything kind of manager if I so choose to be.

Non-players who aren’t interested in joining your club will now tell you the reasons why they refused. - This one is fantastic, but I'm weary on how it will translate. I hope it isn't strictly tied into reputation and has more organic reasons, stuff like "I don't want to uproot my family for a part time contract" is something I can imagine would happen a lot in the lower leagues? I will laugh if I see "I don't want to move to Manchester as the weather sucks!" - But why isn't this available for players, or is it already in there? >_>

PRE-MATCH FITNESS TESTS ADDED

One interesting feature was announced 16th of September. In FM16 you will have the ability to get reports on late fitness tests for players who are in doubt to play, either because of a minor injury, lack of match sharpness or other issues to his physical state (read condition).

The report from the pre-match fitness test can be ignored if you like, but if ignored it may come back to hunt you if the match sharpness is low and you are giving him full 90 minutes.

The late pre-match fitness test will give you a second opionion from the medical team abouta players condition and the staffs recommendation on if the player should feature in the match squad or not

I'm astounded that wasn't a feature in the game already to be honest... Is that confirmed? Would be an excellent touch.

Oh yeah, sorry for this another addition, but I must specify something before certain people take the phrases of my suggestion literarily:

By "favorite vs outsider" match I don't mean such extreme cases with a huge quality difference, like for example Bacelona or AC Milan vs some 3rd or lower division team, so a total outsider.

In such cases I am quite sure even the current FM15-AI generates totally realistic outcomes, so a sensational victory of the heavily underdog team will hardly ever happen, no matter how many times we replay the AI-generated match. (at least I hope so)

Eventually once out of 100......after all even that is teoretically possible......

Normally even the home-away pitch advantage-disadvantage provides as much as no influence on the final outcome. (except maybe a slight one on the number of dcored-conceeded goals)

My "AI-generad match result suggestion" normally, and logically applied to those cases, when the quality difference between the 2 opposing teams is not THAT huge, so that for example home-away pitch issue, form, morale, selection, tactics, instructions, etc, may still more significantly influence the final outcome.

By this I mostly mean matches of same division teams of different overal quality, or eventually matches of teams with 1 division higher-lower difference.

The same counts for international cups and competitions, so I didn't mean to improve the reliability of AI-generated match results like for example Manchester Utd or Bayern Müchen vs Partizani Tirana or Metalurg Skopje, but ones like Dinamo Zagreb vs Besiktas (Turkey), Rapid Vienna vs Ekranas (Lithiania), or even ones like Tottenham Hotspurs vs CSK Sofia, or Fiorentina vs Legia Warszawa. (but don't go much farther than these examples may I ask)

So if possible, PLEASE don't take the ragarding "favorite-underdog" expressions of my suggestion too literarilly!

Would you please start your own thread for all this please, because it has nothing to do with this thread, then copy and paste the answers you want into it so we can clean up this thread, thank you.

Edit, forget it I've done that for you http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/434676-Problem-with-steam-crashes-and-results-of-replayed-games-afterwards

Did they fix AI ?

Did they fix tattics creation ?

Did they fix scouts ?

Did they fix buying selling loan players more realistic?

I don't think I saw this anywhere so basically they start to run out of ideas and add stuff that most dont care or can be done by editor.

Naa wont rush to buy it get a database update and stick with 15.

Did they fix AI ?

Did they fix tattics creation ?

Did they fix scouts ?

Did they fix buying selling loan players more realistic?

I don't think I saw this anywhere so basically they start to run out of ideas and add stuff that most dont care or can be done by editor.

Naa wont rush to buy it get a database update and stick with 15.

Yeah, I'm sure if you personally haven't seen it anywhere, then there will be absolutely no work done on those areas whatsoever.

Yeah, I'm sure if you personally haven't seen it anywhere, then there will be absolutely no work done on those areas whatsoever.

To be fair I am sure there are a lot of old timers and core players who would really like to hear about the changes in those areas and how they will affect the game. Every year we are to just assume that they are improving ( when AI squad building and transfer activity has been near broken for years) whilst SI put fluff features that one random guy asked for once in the request thread front and centre of the PR release (Hi manager avatars).

I wonder sometimes that SI by trying to address the criticism that the game was getting too complicated have over compensated with their press stuff in an attempt to show how accessible the game is. Even just a blog going into mechanic changes to throw a bone to the hardcore would be appreciated, might even help for when the mods do their thing where they just assume we are all idiots in the post release feedback threads.

Every year we are to just assume that they are improving
You don't have to assume it. You're being told that it is, both in the announcements and by us. You can also see it for yourself in-game when the game is released. Just a quick scan reveals these changes:
More Realistic Injuries

Sports Interactive has worked alongside a number of physiotherapists, doctors and related organisations to ensure that the depiction and treatment of injuries in Football Manager 2016 is more realistic than ever before. This doesn’t mean that fewer injuries will be sustained, but that those which do occur will be treated and develop more realistically. Injuries will now be determined during matches, while new injury types have been added and there is now a tangible distinction between player condition and match sharpness.

And Much, Much More

Further additions and updates include staff shortlisting, improved manager and staff movement, revised board requests, a revamp of board confidence, more contextual team talks, fully updated competition rules & squad information, an improved financial module, improved AI transfers and team selection, new social media features and many more – all of which combine to make Football Manager 2016 the most complete and immersive simulation of football management ever.

Player Retirements

You are now less likely to see 'world class' players languishing in the lower leagues as they'll be more likely to retire before the end of their prime, rather than play on into their late 30s at a lower level

AI Management Improvements

AI managers will now handle player unhappiness better in FM16, working to repair relationships as opposed to simply placing players on the transfer list[/Quote]

None of these were hidden. More features are still being announced / more detail being revealed.

"Injuries will now be determined during matches"

I take it that means that we might have a better idea the potential injury of the player before we decide to take him off?

So thigh strain, straight off before hamstring goes and a cut head back on with bandage/stitches.

Even if we cant see them, having the extra detail on injury if it is there could be a real real positive.

can you explain the "extra detail"? aren't these the details of the head injuries? or how can the game explain a head injury?

I know no more than you, and am speculating on the same information you are :)

I see mate, but I think I can not imagine any other ways to animate a head injury than a bandage/stitches - so I replied you when you say extra details apart from it ;)

Archived