FM16 - First thoughts on the early disclosures.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can I'm sure I seen miles reply to a tweet you can have player names instead off the condition bar doubt you'd be able to have both though

That is brilliant stuff if that is correct. I'll definitely have names instead of the condition bar if that's the case.

It's not something new really is it. I've played the game for ages now and can remember only very few "game changing" features. Let's not forget you'll probably be able to purchase FM16 for £20 somewhere. I'd say that's a bargain considering you can pay around three times that amount for the new FIFA or PES.

I just don't understand when people say it's not worth the money, you'd spend £40 on a quiet night out for some food and a couple drinks. FM will generally (even if you don't immerse yourself in it) give you at least days worth of actual playing time - whether that is actually a good thing is another matter...

Updating squad lists and attributes does take time in itself (look at PES for a recent example) and every year there are new features added and improvements made, I can imagine all those features take time to implement as they have to try and establish whether they interact properly with the game.

The earlier builds of the game are far improved on the earlier editions when you wouldn't really be able to get into a game until the third patch.

This year they have added create a club and online draft, last year they added classic, couple years ago they added 3D, revamped scouting, they can't change the actual game of football, all they can do is innovate within the confines of a computer game and of a sport.

One thing I would love to see is a FM Live type mode/game return.

That is brilliant stuff if that is correct. I'll definitely have names instead of the condition bar if that's the case.

That was my initial reaction too, but in most instances, don't you just know who the player is based on the slight physical differences and who should be wherein that phase of play anyway?

After I get into a save, I can tell who is who without much trouble, (although the plethora of slap-heads in FM14 was difficult at times).

Such a clueless comment.

If you knew anything about SI or FM you would know that the ME is constantly updated.

Given that you thought the FM15 ME was "faulty" maybe its best if you do give it a miss tbh.

Even after all the so called "updates" and "improvements" in the final patch, the ME is still in a diabolical final state. Defenders still won't close down properly even if instructed to "close down much more" "mark tighter" "hard tackles" "high line" etc. They would just sit and watch as the opposition run at them with glee. Result is you would see 40-50 shots matches very frequently, with teams being demolished 8-0 9-0 ever so frequently when players use some of the wonder tactics devised by the usual experts. Please don't say that they are exploiting the match engine because if the match engine is so great as you, Dave and all the mods in this forum would always so readily attest to, then such exploits wouldn't be possible in the first place. Defending AI is just ******** in FM15. And don't get me started on the broken player interactions. And yes you are right, I am giving 16 a miss. I am not going to be hoodwinked by all the senseless new features being trumpeted when ME improvement should be the chief focus.

Even after all the so called "updates" and "improvements" in the final patch, the ME is still in a diabolical final state. Defenders still won't close down properly even if instructed to "close down much more" "mark tighter" "hard tackles" "high line" etc. They would just sit and watch as the opposition run at them with glee. Result is you would see 40-50 shots matches very frequently, with teams being demolished 8-0 9-0 ever so frequently when players use some of the wonder tactics devised by the usual experts. Please don't say that they are exploiting the match engine because if the match engine is so great as you, Dave and all the mods in this forum would always so readily attest to, then such exploits wouldn't be possible in the first place. Defending AI is just ******** in FM15. And don't get me started on the broken player interactions. And yes you are right, I am giving 16 a miss. I am not going to be hoodwinked by all the senseless new features being trumpeted when ME improvement should be the chief focus.

Anyone that knows me on this forum knows I always state if I think the game has features that are not good/buggy or what not.

I rarely sit on the fence and I always tell it as I see it.

What you have just typed George is complete nonsense!

I am still really enjoying myself in FM15, so much so I doubt I will pick up FM16 on release.

To say the ME is "in a diabolical final state." is just complete rubbish, as is the rest of your post.

Even after all the so called "updates" and "improvements" in the final patch, the ME is still in a diabolical final state.

Total rubbish and again shows how little you know about the product, genre & football in general.

Defenders still won't close down properly even if instructed to "close down much more" "mark tighter" "hard tackles" "high line" etc. They would just sit and watch as the opposition run at them with glee.

Players aren't robots and you need to take off the blinkers and look at the bigger picture. How tired were they? how much motivation did they have? what about their personality? determination? what role & duty did you give them?

What it comes down to is a lack of understanding on your part either tactically in terms of roles/duties or mentally in understanding the players' personalities and the effect of team talks & media comments.

Result is you would see 40-50 shots matches very frequently, with teams being demolished 8-0 9-0 ever so frequently when players use some of the wonder tactics devised by the usual experts. Please don't say that they are exploiting the match engine because if the match engine is so great as you, Dave and all the mods in this forum would always so readily attest to, then such exploits wouldn't be possible in the first place. Defending AI is just ******** in FM15. And don't get me started on the broken player interactions. And yes you are right, I am giving 16 a miss. I am not going to be hoodwinked by all the senseless new features being trumpeted when ME improvement should be the chief focus.

40-50 shot matches happen in a minority of cases when certain conditions are met, nothing more, nothing less.

Pretty much all of the wonder tactics are nothing more than exploits that take advantage of weaknesses in the coding and have little or nothing to do with football. If you use sensible, realistic tactics the ME generally gives sensible, realistic results time after time.

Saying if the ME was great exploits wouldn't be possible is probably correct and is probably part of what SI work towards constantly. CM/FM started over 20 years ago and the ME has constantly improved year after year.

I've always said you get out of FM what you put into it, you don't seem to put much into it therefore you get little out of it, hence your lack of understanding of the product.

That was my initial reaction too, but in most instances, don't you just know who the player is based on the slight physical differences and who should be wherein that phase of play anyway?

After I get into a save, I can tell who is who without much trouble, (although the plethora of slap-heads in FM14 was difficult at times).

When i get to know the club i do, yeah.

I only play one save starting off unemployed and at the bottom, so i always end up with a club i know nothing about.

By the time i have climbed the ranks all the known players are gone.

Also with my experience i'm changing clubs fairly often, due to being sacked or me accepting offers from other clubs or resigning.

Takes me a while before i know who's who, but with this i might learn it faster.

You all made me go to his Twitter feed and take in the full fury of everyone there. Booooo. Although I do love the way Miles deals with them though.

The stadium pics look interesting. I don't see a massive difference between 15 and 16 yet - it obviously looks much nicer, and there's more detail in the surrounding areas, but given that's a view that (presumably) won't be seen very often, I'd be interested to see what it looks like pitch side, from any of the camera angles you'll be using in-game. That's what really matters - having a nice looking stadium from an outer view is good, but it's just a bonus.

You all made me go to his Twitter feed and take in the full fury of everyone there. Booooo. Although I do love the way Miles deals with them though.

The stadium pics look interesting. I don't see a massive difference between 15 and 16 yet - it obviously looks much nicer, and there's more detail in the surrounding areas, but given that's a view that (presumably) won't be seen very often, I'd be interested to see what it looks like pitch side, from any of the camera angles you'll be using in-game. That's what really matters - having a nice looking stadium from an outer view is good, but it's just a bonus.

That was my thinking too initially but......

While the 1st pic shows the players lining up to kick-off, the 2nd pic actually shows the players in the middle of the game. Could the scroll out option just go on and on?

ps. I love twitter.

That was my thinking too initially but......

While the 1st pic shows the players lining up to kick-off, the 2nd pic actually shows the players in the middle of the game. Could the scroll out option just go on and on?

ps. I love twitter.

Will check them out properly when I get home - all social media and the like blocked in work, so was looking on my phone. Interesting if you can get that kind of view all the time - quite a change. Guess we'll see in a week or so's time.

I wish they would get rid of the damn burger vans or at least make it country specific. I've never seen one anywhere outside UK in real life.

In Denmark it's not a proper football stadium if you can't get a grilled sausage...

Even after all the so called "updates" and "improvements" in the final patch, the ME is still in a diabolical final state.

When you have created and released your own far superior rival game, please let us know so we can all try it out...

• 2 months later...

Well guys......I was hoping that FM16 will feature less goals per viewed matches than FM15, which had unrealistically too many of them......I must say, my very 1st match, against my reserve team, has ended with a 7-4 win!

OK, I still have some hope left, since I tried this time with additional leagues, in Hungarian sixth, lowest division, where the tems were even much weaker than in the originally featured english 6th division, so I hope the developers haven't even calculated in playing with this weak teams......so I giess I will restart now with the originally featured competitions, in English Vanarama South division again, (that's where I usually choose the weakest team to manage), and see the match results there.

If my cery 1st match will end with a 10+ "goal-shower" result again, I must say I will be pretty much disappointed......

Archived