FMT Wishlist Thread

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 23/08/2018 at 19:14, mozza79 said:

Pre game editor is a must. I play touch on my laptop and i see no good reason i shouldn't be able to enjoy the excellent data bases out there that full fat users get. Please address this, this game would be near perfect with this addition for me.

Something I never really thought about until was mentioned on here a lot. The pre-game editor would be perfect; having the ability to have your own team in or little subtle changes would make such a difference. Looking at all the feedback, it seems everyone is in agreement on this. 

16 hours ago, RyanBrown said:

Something I never really thought about until was mentioned on here a lot. The pre-game editor would be perfect; having the ability to have your own team in or little subtle changes would make such a difference. Looking at all the feedback, it seems everyone is in agreement on this. 

They still won't implement it, so maybe we should start a poll to show how popular the idea of an in-game editor is. When I first suggested it, I thought I was the only one!

53 minutes ago, Thescouser20 said:

They still won't implement it, so maybe we should start a poll to show how popular the idea of an in-game editor is. When I first suggested it, I thought I was the only one!

How do we set one up? Would be really good, and hopefully something that can be done before the full release alongside the full game editor.

6 minutes ago, Thescouser20 said:

Remember to share the poll I sent you!

Awesome, yeah I will share it with my friends now. Hopefully generates sufficient interest for SI to consider it or at minimum give us reasoning's why it can/can't be implemented.

FMT is a great game, just one thing i really miss. I like reality, so i want to start the game with the real squads. In the first transfer period some clubs, however are doing transfers and ruin the realism.

I know the option to disable the first transfer period budgets was present in former versions of the (full)game.

I would really love to get this option back in FMT!

Would be perfect for next year make the possibilities to choose 5 and not 3 nations so people can choose the 5 big championship (SPA ENG ITA GER FRA) also on iOS and make the transfer market more realistic

Edited by Diggy96

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, Diggy96 said:

Would be perfect for next year make the possibilities to choose 5 and not 3 nations so people can choose the 5 big championship (SPA ENG ITA GER FRA) also on iOS and make the transfer market more realistic

This has been tried in the past at SI and wasn't possible, which is why the limit is currently 3. When there's capacity for it then it's much more likely to be expanded.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Diggy96 said:

What about the possibilities to have the 1st transfer market window close in FMT like FM and FMM?

Given one of the focuses for FMT was being about transfers and tactics, that was never initially included. I believe now its been added to the internal wishlist though.

Just now, Lucas said:

Given one of the focuses for FMT was being about transfers and tactics, that was never initially included. I believe now its been added to the internal wishlist though.

Great.. It would add some more realism.. Why is club value cut out of the game? I really would like to see it back!!

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Lucas78 said:

...On the other hand, we had Team Talks in much "simpler" and straightforward versions of FM, starting at least in FM 2007. Doesn't seem THAT time consuming as a feature.

Half time ones might not be so bad, but I'm less sold on the idea of pre and post matches ones

8 minuti fa, Lucas ha scritto:

Half time ones might not be so bad, but I'm less sold on the idea of pre and post matches ones

Agreed; in fact I've already mentioned I really would like HT ones (sorry for being obnoxious about it), and just them: perhaps, probably, we are overestimating how much of an impact they have in the real world, but ideally we know that, potentially, a manager can turn around things in the locker room during HT, both from an emotional and tactical standpoint.

Now, you could say: "ok, but then we should have this other feature because it mirrors that RL thing, and then this other feature because....".

No, of course not: from a gaming point of view, in this case, it's a balancing act between keeping it simple while mantaining that "sense of connection" with your team that, IMO, it's a bit too lacking right now in FMT (and really, I'm more than fine with all the other missing stuff like player interviews, press conferences, team talks outside the matches, myriad of staff positions etc. ).

Edited by Lucas78

I’m not fundamentally against team talks actually, particularly half time ones. The trouble is they are such a chore in the full version. If someone could maybe suggest a way of making the team talks interesting I’m all ears.

Also, keep in mind that, for team talks, I'm actually suggesting only talking to the team *as a whole*: I can do without individual or squad role (talk to the defenders, midfielders etc.) ones. 

It's just a matter of giving the whole team some encouragement, pep talk, or even getting it wrong and messing all up :D,  but again only directed to the whole team.

Edited by Lucas78

I know it's known and regular, but league expansions for FMT is literally my dream. I just went into FM with Classen's updates, and just can't get into it - I'm a FMT guy, and just long for the day leagues can be added to the game, even if it narks cross-sync support (which we can do anyway). 

The dream is England down to Level 10 (hell, even 8 or 9!), Scotland to include the Highland and Lowland leagues, and Wales to go down one level (at least). 

I’ve only played this year’s instalment briefly on Switch but here’s what I would like to see fixed:

- More expansive options under the additional focus tab for GK and heading for training

-Ability to have Senior players mentor players in the Reserve team (at the moment it’ll only allow seniors to train other seniors, which defeats the point of mentorship unless you give every player a promotion into the first team squad).

-ability to employ Goalkeeping, Attacking coaches etc.

Edited by Normanski

Here's my list of things I would LOVE to see in the next FMT:

1) Screens that allow for better financial planning. I think in the full game you can see expected balance and something like that would be great. As things stand it is always just a bit too tempting to spend your whole transfer budget. This would make for more interesting club-building saves.

2) Ability to disable the first transfer window. No reason why we shouldn't have this in Touch.

3) Pitch size adjustment. I'd like to be able to select a narrow pitch to suit a 4312 etc.

4) Custom databases. I'm a bit jealous of the retro databases that are available on the main game...

5) Ability to change the colours of attributes in the interface as per the main game

6) Improved split view. Firstly, fix it so that when you drag the border between the two parts, it actually goes where you try to set it. It's currently a mess in that regard with the border hopping around with a mind of its own when you try to move it where you want. Next, let us fill the panel with as many widgets as we want, make them easier to drag and drop, and allow us to scroll up and down in that panel to see the ones we want at any particular time. Or just bring back the FMT2017 2D view ;-)

7) There currently appears to be some attributes, like crossing or tackling, that you can't put additional training focus on. An odd oversight because obviously you can practice these things.

8) Ability to set auto-rest or lower intensity training after a match (currently not sure what 'auto' does)

9) Bring the focus of attacks box back to opposition scout report (without having to drill down too much) and ensure it matches reality

10) Greater explanation of the impact of team training, i.e. does it do anything other than boost attributes, such as influence the next match

11) Better explanation of what individual position training does when you leave it as the positional default, e.g. ST (C).

• 2 weeks later...
On 2014. 11. 8. at 오전 9시 39분, Lucas said:

Played any version of Football Manager Touch? Got ideas and wishes for the future? 

Please post them here!

Available device with Galaxy Note 9 !

I already bought this and I wanna get new update. But I can't find FMT 2019 in PlayStore cuz it's not available device since this update... I love this game. I payed for this app so I also wanna get updates !

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/12/2018 at 20:43, Vlowman said:

4) Custom databases. I'm a bit jealous of the retro databases that are available on the main game...

I'd love to play this game with the CM01/02 database. FMT feels like a close relative the the old Champ Man Series where as FM has went it's own way.

I miss better competitions for Reserve teams (I'm thinking England, but presumably happens everywhere). In the top flight, I miss the UEFA Youth League, a FA U23 Cup apart from the Checkatrade Trophy (which is great, but you don't qualify to play it every year) and a more competitive Reserve League structure (the winners from each group should play each other to become national champions). As it stands, I have to arrange friendlies to build my own schedule every season.

Cheers

I wish there was an optin to Instant Result the game and then watch the highlights without knowing the outcome.

I have never liked this tactical model, but like the squad vuilding element, and the drama of watching the game unfold.

But IRing the match and then just seeing the popup score means that there is no drama in the game, so I quickly get bored, or if I try and play the matches out, I never feel changes I make are represented on the pitch, so I get frustrated instead.

TBH IRing the match and watching highlights while not knowing the result is the only feature that will make me buy again.

• 2 weeks later...

As an FM Touch player I would like the ability to filter players by attributes, age, contract expiry, wage *on the squad pages*.

The use case is to have the ability to find players who don't ordinarily appear on the player search screen by visiting their club squad page and filtering to show only those who meet a given search criteria.

(I assume low scouting knowledge of the nation the clubs are in is the reason these players don't appear on player search screen).

This is something I work around by using custom views in the squad page.

Edited by celticfan
grammar corrected

1. The ability to talk to team captain and/or vice captain, especially during crucial point of competitions.

2. We already had the “son generated” / “create a son” features. We also had seen real players’ kids enter the professional league and or national team. Would love to see the son of the star regen players (regens who had 4.5 - 5 stars CA) following the footsteps of their regen dads and media comparing them. 😬

3. When you chose instant result or simulate with/without game plan, can we see the match highlight afterwards? I really wanna see those rare overhead kick goals when a player scored one.

Edited by Fergumeister

An easy way to give the entire club rest at the same time.  Currently we can set rest for individual players, but doing that for the whole club is ridiculous. One button to rest the club on the training page would be great.

It seems like every season some of my players are injured in training during international breaks. Ideally they would be resting during part of the break and avoiding injury. 

Whole match viewing. I understand that memory limits are the reason that we can’t watch whole matches in Touch, but it seems like there are some simple ways around that. 

Enable whole match viewing for “classic 2D”. 2D should require only a tiny fraction of memory as 3D. 

Or enable whole match viewing, but don’t save the whole match. Basically “stream” the match to the screen without storing it. 

Without the ability to watch the whole match, we really don’t know what is happening with our teams. The highlights might show that the opposition is generating all the shots, but we can’t see why our team is losing possession. 

Make the players less stupid. Currently the players in FM aren’t just dumb, they’re “can’t tie his own shoes” morons. Three specific areas to reduce the idiocy:

Offside: FM strikers stand around in offside positions, apparently picking their noses and checking out the women in the stands. When the ball comes to them, they are naturally flagged offside. This is unrealistic. Professional football players are not stupid enough to stand around offside. The offside trap is not a powerful mysterious force that strikers cannot avoid. Professional players have faced the trap their whole lives, and staying onside isn’t difficult unless the player is an idiot.

Throw ins: On throw ins, stupid FM players frequently throw the ball directly to the opponent. This is ridiculously unrealistic. Professional football players do not struggle to execute a simple throw in. Small children can do it, and footballers aren’t as stupid as you seem to think they are. 

Goalkeeper kicks: Goalkeepers are the stupidest of all FM players, which is saying a lot! They LOVE to kick the ball deep and directly to the other team. To try to get my keeper to be less of a moron, I set him to distribute to my target man. How did my keeper respond? He kicked the ball as far away from my target man as possible, to an area of the pitch where there are only opposition players. I don’t know why keepers are programmed to be the ultimate morons, but it is completely unrealistic. 

Reducing player stupidity is the easiest way to greatly improve the game. Good luck on programming them to be Less moronic!