FMT Wishlist Thread

On 10/06/2020 at 00:50, Malicious Penguin said:

For me, to add lower leagues.

Problem is how would they be able to add an editor into an tablet form game, Pc would work I’d imagine, but would be an absolute nightmare for cross saves compatibility. 

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 29/01/2020 at 22:54, 3runhomer said:

In FM defenders sometimes square the ball in front of their own goal for the opposition to knock in. This never happens in real life (players aren’t stupid enough to do it) but it is a bit of an FM trademark at this point. 

Please remove this bizarre unrealistic behavior. 

the game really need update to address this. happened too many often, almost every games.

start new game with new latest database, still the same. tried differents tactics but no luck.

another stupid stuff is my player will always try long ball to other side of the field only to get stolen and get counter attacked.

On 12/06/2020 at 21:49, zakbrown96 said:

Problem is how would they be able to add an editor into an tablet form game, Pc would work I’d imagine, but would be an absolute nightmare for cross saves compatibility. 

If you use an addon, then the cross save isn't an option, like when you go over 3 leagues. SI could include a "workshop" where things are uploaded, like you can download tactics across hardware?

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if it is mentioned before (not read all 16 pages...), but I would like to be able to sign for a club with the contract only starting at the new season. For instance when Man United signed Moyes as successor of Ferguson, he signed in May but obviously only started his job 1st of July. Same thing could happen when for instance a club fires his manager and wants you to take over, but you want to finish the season with the club you are at. You can divert the decision to the end of season currently, but you can't sign already and still finish the season with your current club. 

• 2 weeks later...

Get your head of youth to offer contracts to the youth intakes and requesting when a new club offers to be the manager to say you want your staff to come with you as so annoying to have to go through each one individually after every move 

On 14/07/2020 at 08:42, Solstad1069 said:

Can you please improve the overall sound quality in the game? A bit sad when the this is so poorly done you have to turn the sound off.

Out of curiosity what more can be done? I mean to have clubs fans chants would cost loads I’d imagine plus you need a lot of staff and time to get it right, then you’ve also got the rights And licenses to the clubs to take into account as well. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/07/2020 at 22:32, PompeyPrivs said:

More interaction with players. Ability to issue praise, encouragement, a bollocking etc. 

Pre match and half time team talk. 

More media interaction, not just during transfer windows. 

I disagree as the lack of these is one of the reasons I like FMT.

The less media, news, chats, and detailed reports I have, the better. For all those things there's the full version.

Largely agreed about not wanting player interaction in FMT although I wouldn't be averse to team talks being in the game.

When playing the full game, I've felt I've made an impact purely through team talks by either giving them a rocket when we're losing or asking them to guard against complacency (without changing anything tactically). Sometimes in FMT I just feel resigned to my fate when we're losing at the half.

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/08/2020 at 15:04, rafaelbenitez said:

Largely agreed about not wanting player interaction in FMT although I wouldn't be averse to team talks being in the game.

When playing the full game, I've felt I've made an impact purely through team talks by either giving them a rocket when we're losing or asking them to guard against complacency (without changing anything tactically). Sometimes in FMT I just feel resigned to my fate when we're losing at the half.

I can accept team talks, but in the same way as the media questions that we sometimes get. Just a simple answer, no calm/assertive just one click and it's done.

But I must admit I really like how straightforward FMT is.

1 hour ago, kingjericho said:

I can accept team talks, but in the same way as the media questions that we sometimes get. Just a simple answer, no calm/assertive just one click and it's done.

Yeah, I agree. It's just that sometimes the players need a rocket up the backside at half time but all you can do is just go on to the next half.

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/08/2020 at 14:51, kingjericho said:

me too.

-1 for team talks.  It's been a while since I have played full fat, but I can remember feeling team talks were a bit of lottery, and seemed to have much more impact on the second half than players, tactics etc.
IMO that stuff should be kept in FM full fat version.

On 16/07/2020 at 06:49, zakbrown96 said:

Out of curiosity what more can be done? I mean to have clubs fans chants would cost loads I’d imagine plus you need a lot of staff and time to get it right, then you’ve also got the rights And licenses to the clubs to take into account as well. 

The big problem with sound is the whistle. It’s shrill and too loud in comparison to the crowd noise. Solutions: change the whistle to a much less shrill sound more similar to a bird chirp, or give us the option to turn off the whistle but keep the crowd (the sounds are handled separately in the program so that would be easy). 

On 12/06/2020 at 22:46, sherringford4 said:

another stupid stuff is my player will always try long ball to other side of the field only to get stolen and get counter attacked.

Yes, the long ball directly to the opposition fullback happens about 20 times a match. FM uses it to create a turnover but it’s an unrealistic way to depict how turnovers occur in real life. 

WHen searching on attributes, I'd like a way to group attributes together so that those attributes values HAVE to be met by players in the search, but the rest of the attributes can have only a number of them matched.

I.e. instead of all 10 attributes searched for being subject to the "Match 9/10" I'd like to say

- All four of these attributes must be >= 12 (e.g. Determination, Teamwork, Work Rate and Natural Fitness)
- AND 5 out of the other 6 must be >= 12 (e.g. Finishing, First Touch, Technique, Off The Ball, Off The Ball, Acceleration)

So a player with >= 12 for all 10 attributes would be matched.

A player with >= 12 for each of Determination, Teamwork, Work Rate and Natural Fitness, as well as Finishing, First Touch, Technique, Off The Ball, Off The Ball would match (i.e. missing Acceleration).

But a player with >= 12 for each of Finishing, First Touch, Technique, Off The Ball, Off The Ball, Acceleration but less than 12 for any one of Determination, Teamwork, Work Rate and Natural Fitness would not match.

The idea here is I may be searching for attributes which have high tactical importance in addition to those which are important for the role I wish a player to play in.

The ability to place adverts even when you have existing staff in the position.

Annoying that they changed this with the final patch for FM 20. I don't like manually searching for staff and since all staff are on rolling contracts there's no chance to see if there's a decent upgrade willing to join.

The ability to be more specific about how your DoF should handle player sales. Far too many offers are accepted with massive selling club wage contributions that wipe out a lot of the sale fee. You can specify a minimum sale price but not a maximum wage contribution. 

Playing FMT on a android tablet (Xiaomi Mipad 4 plus) so i don't know if this happens in all tablets.

I would love tha SI make the little "pick up" icon and the slider bigger and larger. Sometimes it gets so frustrating to try to scroll down or pick up a certain player.

While on the subject, i would love a little "choose all" box. So for example if we filter ou player search screen, it would be nice to have a box where we could choose all the players at once.

Screenshot_20200909-120141.jpg

25 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

Playing FMT on a android tablet (Xiaomi Mipad 4 plus) so i don't know if this happens in all tablets.

I would love tha SI make the little "pick up" icon and the slider bigger and larger. Sometimes it gets so frustrating to try to scroll down or pick up a certain player.

While on the subject, i would love a little "choose all" box. So for example if we filter ou player search screen, it would be nice to have a box where we could choose all the players at once.

Screenshot_20200909-120141.jpg

Choosing All could potentially impact on performance if there are thousands of rows to select & then action against, perhaps reducing this to a maximum of 'X' to help mitigate any impact would be a decent compromise? I might be wrong and there's no impact at all, of course.

Agree with your other points.

A little detail I'm missing is to set guidelines when using the quick pick on tactic screen. In the full game you can add guidelines like no players under 92% condition. I would like to see that added in the touch edition as well. Correct me if it is available. 

More scouting slots and better scouting recommendations.

As someone who dabbles with both the full game and FMT and does not manually search for players, I find this area to be lacking a bit. For example, if you play as a bigger club you get 10+ scouts in the full game while in FMT the most I have ever seen is a scout team of 7. Also, I find the full game is much better at scouting backup players while the scouts in FMT seem to be recommending largely players who are first teamers. This way I find it difficult to find a backup keeper through scouting.

On 07/09/2020 at 14:40, rwg said:

The ability to be more specific about how your DoF should handle player sales. Far too many offers are accepted with massive selling club wage contributions that wipe out a lot of the sale fee. You can specify a minimum sale price but not a maximum wage contribution. 

Yeah, I have stopped letting my DoF do any negotiation except for dealing with loans / development for that exact reason.  

• 2 weeks later...

One of my biggest "simple" wishes is to be able to search for attribute groups instead of individual attributes. When you do a player comparison, you get a nice radar diagram with Mental, Defending, Physical, Speed, Vision, Attacking, Technical, Aerial groups.

I would really love to be able to use those groups as a first filter in my searches. I.e. search for players with 13+ in Aerial and attacking groups. This will allow you to quickly narrow your searches, before finetuning the search taking into account the distribution of skills within groups.

Picture of Radar diagram if anyone is in doubt about what I mean:

FM_searchForAttributeGroup.PNG

I've been playing FMT for a few years on PC and the three things I would like in the game are Squad Dynamics, FFP/Squad Registration, and team and individual talks either to warn or praise players. 

EDIT: Also a larger data base on PC. 

Edited by TheSpider

Most of all I want to be able to select at least 5 countries on iPad Pro when starting a new save. I also would like to be able to declare desire for a player, as now I have no way to sway a player that is not interested to start negociations. Squad dynamics/FFP/Squad registration would also be nice.

Not sure if been mentioned before, but after playing an online save with brother and few of his friends since lockdown on touch, one thing we all said we'd like to see is player quotas for countries on Touch.

It's far too easy/simple without them. Because as soon as any of us got to Prem (and then Europe) you just packed your squad out with South Americans, and between the 5 of us, we'd have like 4 Englishman in our squads :D Would be more challenging amongst us if there was player quotas like in the full version, so players have to develop some homegrown, more competition between us to sign the best ones.

Not exactly something ground breaking to add to the game, since it's all there in the full version and can't take up that much power surely?

I really wish that the tablet version can have expanded league sizes, ability to add custom ddt/edt/lnc files, and retain more players or have the options to. This game runs blazing fast on newer tablets and phones. Let us take advantage of it!  I was running cross-save on PC version with all the mods and full retain and it ran perfectly fine on my old iPad Air. Now I have an iPad Mini 5 and iPad Pro and its significantly faster in both processing and graphics and should have no issues running larger databases....

7 hours ago, minotauri said:

I really wish that the tablet version can have expanded league sizes, ability to add custom ddt/edt/lnc files, and retain more players or have the options to. This game runs blazing fast on newer tablets and phones. Let us take advantage of it!  I was running cross-save on PC version with all the mods and full retain and it ran perfectly fine on my old iPad Air. Now I have an iPad Mini 5 and iPad Pro and its significantly faster in both processing and graphics and should have no issues running larger databases....

Absolutely!

I'm very interested in buying the latest edition of the iPad Pro which will be able to handle FM with ease. However, continuing to restrict players to the 3 nation limit is a deal breaker in my view. Please at least upgrade this ti 5 nations minimum for higher end tablets like the iPad Pro.

After the English lower leagues, I only ususally run the top division from each selected nation too.

I would like to be able to disable transfers in the first transfer window and to have an under 23 team. I know we have plain "reserves" but having an under 23's and 18's would be better for developing youth players.

My wish is for FMT 21 on the Switch to be FMT, not FMT -Lite, include the unlockables, or/ and a editor. Allow us to select more than 3 nations....or if you keep it at 3 nations max allowed cloud saves (which has been the stipulation when selecting multiple leagues etc) I'd be happy to buy 2 versions of FMT if It had these, but like last year ill pick between one if not

Being able to select more than 3 nations when you start FM Touch is absolutely vital moving forward! If older tablets can't handle so many leagues then it should be advised at the start of the game, just like the performance rating on the full version of FM.

Also, increasing the 30-season limit would be greatly welcomed, even if it was 5-10 years.

• 2 weeks later...