• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 20/02/2019 at 16:20, NolantheNguyen said:

Control of tutoring

Isn't it in the game already?

Tactical familiarity and maybe some sort of streamlined version of squad dynamics would be nice for the FMT20. Both things that would make the game a bit more realistic and challenging but are not time consuming.

Wouldn't mind financial fair play either. Of course it wouldn't be valid for PSG and Man City.

Edited by Seqw

18 hours ago, NickThomas said:

Saving opposition instructions wouldn’t go amiss, plus half time team talks would probably be decent given that complacency is still a thing ingame.

Have to agree with that.

I used to play the full version but to be honest felt it was too time consuming with the amount of “clicks”. However the touch version feels like its missing a few things. 

1. The ability to save opposition instructions  or at least “positional” instructions would be great ( on the full version I would always have instructions saved to close down and push the ball to weaker foot  for the GK & both CDs).

2. The second thing may well be a tad controversial but certainly some player interaction would be good, whether to unsettle a play at another club, or just tell a player that he’s doing well.

3. This used to be in earlier versions of fm but it used to be a lot of fun commenting on the opposition’s manager or top player.

4. Now I understand that people may not want that level of interaction but in that case, why cant we have the ability to set a basic level of interaction at the game beginning e.g. almost like a tick box the (same way we have attribute masking).

And of course the obligatory pre game editor. Or at the very least  some league templates for smaller nations? E.g. I play as Rangers but facing the same team 3 or 4 times in the league then in the league cup and Scottish cup can get a bit repetitive. When I played the full version. I have a league of 18 playing twice a season with just the Scottish cup. It kept it fresh and interesting.

• 4 weeks later...

I play only the PC version, so I'm unsure how many of the below features are not in the game because of technical limitations in the tablet versions:

1. As mentioned above, detailed stats would be nice. Basic stats like average possession of teams in the league aren't there which kind of strips out the immersion factor.

2. Real life rules for countries like Australia and USA.

3. Squad registration rules akin to the main game. This would add some depth to squad building.

4. Disabling the first transfer window.

5. The Gibraltar league is an add-on for the full game and pretty much comes out at release time. It's disappointing that this is not included in the Touch version.

6. Also, please remove rolling staff contracts. I'm playing in the Spanish 3rd Division and my club is ridiculously in the red and so I don't want to pay compensation to get rid of my staff.

Otherwise, the game is still as fun as ever, good job :thup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Please Increase the 3 nation limit, the newer iPads are more powerful than most laptops and therefore can handle many more leagues and nations.  Being restricted to 3 nations isn’t immersive enough for me.

We’ve had the 3 nation limit since FM Touch was first introduced 4 to 5 years ago, surly we are due an upgrade in this area. Tablets are capable of more these days.

Edited by Weller1980

Play PC Touch version but to be honest after finding an ME I was happy with in 17 I missed out on 18 and only bought 19 for the updated squads and players etc and unfortunately find the ME in 19 a massive step back.  Hence my suggestion - Not a software expert so not sure how easy/difficult it would be to implement but SI would keep everyone happy with this.  You have an option at the start of the game to pick a database size and even add Leagues.  So how easy/difficult would it be to also add a dropdown menu to choose which years ME you want to play the game with.  Purely ME, everything else stays as what it is for that particular version, but you have an option to say play FM19 with FM17's ME or 16's.  Not sure how many years you could go back but you could appease everyone with this option as their tactics from 3 years ago might work!!!!  Obviously the tactical options would have to be the latest updated in the game but a mere option of which ME you want to play with would be a great add.  Again though not sure how easy/difficult this would be to create? 

3 hours ago, Sussex Hammer said:

Play PC Touch version but to be honest after finding an ME I was happy with in 17 I missed out on 18 and only bought 19 for the updated squads and players etc and unfortunately find the ME in 19 a massive step back.  Hence my suggestion - Not a software expert so not sure how easy/difficult it would be to implement but SI would keep everyone happy with this.  You have an option at the start of the game to pick a database size and even add Leagues.  So how easy/difficult would it be to also add a dropdown menu to choose which years ME you want to play the game with.  Purely ME, everything else stays as what it is for that particular version, but you have an option to say play FM19 with FM17's ME or 16's.  Not sure how many years you could go back but you could appease everyone with this option as their tactics from 3 years ago might work!!!!  Obviously the tactical options would have to be the latest updated in the game but a mere option of which ME you want to play with would be a great add.  Again though not sure how easy/difficult this would be to create? 

What issues do you have with the ME? Also as a programmer Im pretty sure this is impossible. The ME is a lot of logic that affects more than just the simulation during a game. For example, morale is something that is also seen "outside" of the match you watch. It becomes a pretty complicated task with player interactions and so on that all have changed during the years as well.  

18 hours ago, Double0Seven said:

What issues do you have with the ME? Also as a programmer Im pretty sure this is impossible. The ME is a lot of logic that affects more than just the simulation during a game. For example, morale is something that is also seen "outside" of the match you watch. It becomes a pretty complicated task with player interactions and so on that all have changed during the years as well.  

Thanks I was pretty sure it would be an impossible task.  The ME is very poor compared with what I have been playing two years and that was FM17.  Fm17 has it's issues but I'm finding with 19 bizarre flight issues with the ball, pinball in the box, poor player movement and reaction, opposition sides "always" defending deep, player roles not doing what it says on the tin, terrible crossing and my biggest bugbear dreadful strikers movement and finishing.  Finally yesterday stumbled across a way to get through balls to my striker to run on to them to get one and one with the goalkeeper.  Three clear cut chances which as Harry Redknapp would say my wife would score but straight down the goalkeepers throat.  It's not so much the misses that I found weird but the fact that the ball cannoned off the goalkeeper and each rebound ended up going for a throw in re pinball.  It just doesn't resemble football and I've tried various formations, roles, set up's and the all play out the same.  In the tactics forum the fact that a lot of people seem to be playing with attacking 442 formations with wingers etc indicates something a little off this year.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  1. Would like to see list-based scouting i.e. when I select a list of players to scout, the results are returned as a list with the scout ratings, not as individual emails.
  2. Also, the ability to cancel all outstanding assignments at once - so when a suitable target is identified the scouts stop ploughing through all the rest of the assignments.
  3. Ability to set criteria when asking DoF for transfer suggestions e.g. maximum age
  4. When selling players, the ability to set a "cash limit" and "add-ons limit" separately. At the moment offers come in that exceed the asking price but only when the add-ons are included. They are rejected if the cash element is below the limit set.
  5. Conversely, stop loan offers being accepted by the DoF when the wage element is below the limit set.
  6. The option to comment on transfer offers publicly e.g. "That offer is an insult considering x is a world class player/hot prospect/wonderkid etc". "If you can't offer the asking price then you can't afford x."

Another source of irritation with transfers is that, despite purchase prices rising rapidly, selling prices do not. Players who are not for sale, and who are rated as "World Class", "elite" or "wonderkid", still only attract offers below their current market values. When they are put up for sale, DoF never sell such players at anything like their true value. In fact, DoF don't seem to do anything for months. 

• 2 weeks later...

-Would like to see list-based scouting i.e. when I select a list of players to scout, the results are returned as a list with the scout ratings, not as individual emails.

-Option to disable first transfer window budget

-Nature of feeder/parent club affiliates. Right now feeder clubs automatically get the youth facility rating and training facility rating of the parent club, even when the academy is not shared in the partnership

-Strikers in the ME are bad and missing a lot of chances.

-Lobs? I haven't seen any in FM 2019

-Owner changes, in FMT, clubs quite often get new owners. IRL this doesn't happen in a lot of leagues.. 

Simulate a season

This is for people that work 9 to 5 but want to see their youth players grow up, transform and retire before each football manager game comes out :(

I hate only completing a few seasons before a new FM game comes out :(

We need a feature where we can instantly simulate a season

• Not Holidaying. This is not the same as holiday, your manager will still be active but controlled by A.I
  • Simulate a season The user can simulate a season without clicking anything or processing a full match , the computer will just process a season or match by itself
  •  Controlled by A.I Your manager will be controlled by an A.I. running with your instructions
  • Season Simulation instructions. If you are doing a season simulation... you can choose 2 tactics, a manager personality & style, transfer style, training style, a squad rotation style, squad and media press meeting and  interview style etc
Edited by kingking

Please implement the following ai change for passing to wings:

When passing to wings, instead of passing intelligence and power "yeet", please use "realistic passing".

I understand that this was done in order to dumb down crossing effectiveness, but it makes my eyes bleed when I see professional footballers being unable to perform a simple pass to a winger without blasting the ball kilometers ahead of him. Thanks!

Platforms like the 2018 iPad Pro are becoming more powerful. There should be an option to include more leagues and players and take off the “3 leagues” limit to expand the game universe.  On a similar note the ability to make use of higher resolutions would be nice too.  Have to agree with the inclusion of the Editor pre-game and in-game. Designing your own team from scratch is one of FMs many pleasures.

i would love to see management from under 18/23 at club level. would love to start right at the bottom of a club and progress the more i improve. its good that they do it in international. but they could take it one step further and bring it to clubs. also imagine having an online game where you have 3 friends all at the same club. all supporting each other to get the best for the club!

i would love to see management from under 18/23 at club level. would love to start right at the bottom of a club and progress the more i improve. its good that they do it in international. but they could take it one step further and bring it to clubs. also imagine having an online game where you have 3 friends all at the same club. all supporting each other to get the best for the club!

I'd love to see more interaction with my players and the media, specifically around good/bad results. 

Would also like to have more than the 4 secs offered to react to my assistant managers in-game suggestions. 

Pre Match team talks, with topic choices based on current form, opposition faced, importance of match etc

Half time team talks and option to speak to individuals would also provide a more immersive experience.

Training and mentoring groups also seems a little 'vague'. It feels difficult to measure effectiveness and outcomes.

Edited by PompeyPrivs

It would be really nice to have cross-platform cloud support for the Switch's savegame files in FMT'X'.

It would also be nice to have the option to remove the 3 nation restriction, at the player's own risk to performance, across the board for FMT'X'.

Edited to remove FMT20 as it's ridiculous to start requesting features for a game that may already be close to Beta.

Edited by rich10

1. Fix the Match Engine dynamics for crossing. As has been stated many times elsewhere, too often players seem to wait until a defender has them completely blocked and THEN attempt their cross so that the ball ricochets out of bounds for a corner kick. If that is the only thing that changes between FM 19 and FM 20, I would be happy.

2. I agree that offsides seems kind of screwy in the game. Fix that?

3. Is the Match Engine screwy also with throw-ins? There seems to be a nearly constant pattern -- the player throws the ball in to a marked man or straight to an opponent; the ball gets kicked out of that and back to throw-in team. Throw-ins frequently do not go to the open man. This seems true for my team and the AI team. Fix that?

3. NO ADDITIONAL player interaction. That stuff gets tedious really fast. Even in Touch I ignore much player interaction. I avoid the full version of FM because of that aspect.

• 2 weeks later...

1) Fix the issue in the FMT ‘create a club mode’ where you can’t import correctly (with transparency) a club logo / badge from your photo roll. This is even it being saved with the correct transparent background and in a .png format.

2) Playable USL Championship. The two divisions are getting bigger and bigger, with some crowds rivalling English Division 1 or lower Championship level. New Mexico United for example are averaging 13,500 people. If other countries have their second 9or lower tiers) playable, than USL should be included too.

3) In-game editor for missing youth ‘ squad players, away from the ‘create a club’ mode. I have often found certain players missing from lower level English Conference sides as an example, and it would be good to include them. 

4) Ability to alter the ‘new gen’ to a greater level. More ability to change hairstyle, facial hair etc ... whenever I create a missing player in ‘create a club’ they always end up with an afffro, pony tail or with a dodgy moustache!

Many thanks,

Stuart 

• 3 weeks later...

I really hope that goalkeeper ratings are fixed in the new game. 

I signed Jack Butland for Celtic, and he kept 32 clean sheets in 38 league games. Obviously, the defence played a big part in that, but his average rating for the season was 6.77.

It'd be nice too, if strikers scored a few 1 on 1s, and didn't head over the bar from 5 yards out 

• 1 month later...

Editor (for PC version), I have a serious job and no time to play through the fullgame seasons, but I need some freedom to make changes in the FMT database, since the game is old a minute after a new patch comes out...

Option to disable first transfer window budgets

New club value metric (it has been deleted from the game since 2018)

When starting a new game, include 'at end of transfer window'  in the list of start times. It's not as good as disabling the first transfer window altogether but it might be a workaround at least to avoid squads getting changed up so much from real life in the first few weeks before the end of the window? 

How about adding racism into the game???

Here me out. The sponsors of the game are kick it out, but apart from the touchline ads nothing else in the game.

How about,for example, when a rival team plays or if playing a foreign team in competition, a section of the fans (home or away) start acting up.

If its your fans, club has to be fined, you need to make a statement that it should be stopped, players do more community work etc. If its the other way round, you have to boost the morale of the affected player, and then maybe have a dig at opposition fans/club that they are disgraceful. 

I really think the next step is crowd interaction, a way of boosting attendances, because I know for a fact winning games/leagues/cups etc doesn't always boost attendance the way it should. Example in 7 years I won the league 2 times, won 8 cups and got to euro cup final (lost) with Ballymena who never won the league in there history. Might have got an extra 50 people a game. It should be more than that.

A bit like Dundalk in LOI nobody supported them now there's a good few fans from around the country, and others who just go to watch the Europe matches

• 2 weeks later...