Germany Didn't Want to Talk to Dutch Reporter

I can understand that Portuguese players, after a big loss, didn't want to talk because of their sad mood. But the Germans? Who do they think they are? Primadonnas who don't need common middle-class people? We pay your salaries, you stinking scums.

And what did Müller do there? Absolute disrespect. Disgraceful behavior. Now I know, not only on the field, but also off it. Players with class, such as Klose, wouldn't do such a thing.

I hope Germany crash and burn in the most heartbreaking way possible. If they even have heart, that is.

• Administrators

Don't see the fuss. Why is it so important? There will be dozens of reporters asking for comments, some of whom may have been answered, and often times they are just given stock answers so its rarely interesting anyway.

Don't see the fuss. Why is it so important? There will be dozens of reporters asking for comments, some of whom may have been answered, and often times they are just given stock answers so its rarely interesting anyway.

If you walk away and smile, no problem. If you do whatever the hell Müller did, that is disrespectful.

Say no. Or smile. Or make a reason up.

I can understand that Portuguese players, after a big loss, didn't want to talk because of their sad mood. But the Germans? Who do they think they are? Primadonnas who don't need common middle-class people? We pay your salaries, you stinking scums.

And what did Müller do there? Absolute disrespect. Disgraceful behavior. Now I know, not only on the field, but also off it. Players with class, such as Klose, wouldn't do such a thing.

I hope Germany crash and burn in the most heartbreaking way possible. If they even have heart, that is.

So I watched this video, and I have no idea what I'm supposed to be outraged by.

• Administrators
What the heck is that gesture Müller made with his mouth? Disgraceful.

Is there actually anybody else (media, maybe) making a deal out of this?

Is there actually anybody else (media, maybe) making a deal out of this?

I doubt it, it's a Dutch TV station and nobody cares

the guy wasn't even that persuassive in trying to get people to speak to him anyway, the Neuer bit at the end when he mentions his name rather than shouting/sticking a microphone beside him like Sky would probably do

Is Muller just not pretending he is eating, so he doesnt have to stop and talk? Or maybe indicating he is hungry and wants to go eat?

Really dont see anything to be outraged at here, not unless you have a big problem with Germany anyway and are looking for excuses.

Err.. I don't get it. Georgie any chance you're working for The Sun? :D

With comments like this:

I think it's safe to say yes :D

I don't think any team should be forced to do interviews.
I actually disagree completely. I think this is something that US sports get right while Football gets it very very wrong. All players should be expected to carry out media duties as & when required & that should include after a match.

I actually disagree completely. I think this is something that US sports get right while Football gets it very very wrong. All players should be expected to carry out media duties as & when required & that should include after a match.

I think it's sort of a give and take relation between the press and players, which should come from a mutual respect where they realize they often depend on each other and both have a job to do. imo it's not something that should by any means be contractually obligated, unless it's somehow attached to a sponsor. In this scenario you see lots of players giving interviews to German and Portuguese television. But it's a world cup, pretty much every international press from all over the world are present. There's just as much reason to give an interview to a Dutch interviewer than there's to one (let's say) from Djibouti. I mean, you can't do it all.

Müller certainls didn't pull off a Casillas here:

However whilst it doesn't look nice, it's a different situation and I don't know the context. Maybe they were instructed to get on the bus / into the changing room ASAP. Maybe the reporter in question had burned them once, at the start of the video it seems Götze was finished talking to the guy/gal next to him before skipping the Dutch. Additionally, it doesn't show what happens before with the reporters coming before the Dutch in the line, it's solely all about him. But indeed, maybe they were just being smug or simply didn't want to spend the time! It's hard to tell either way really.

This coming from someone who's questioning some of the entire federation's ethics, mind. It's the biggest national federation in the world, yet there is not a single figure publicly standing against the obvious wrongdoings in the name of football (not that anyone in football truly does as long as the money keeps flowing, and some of the DFB's sponsorship deals show such ethics likewise). And indeed, the head of it all is good friends of Platini , and is fast to defend Beckenbauer to be a man of honour despite his connections fueling conflicts in interests and most recent error too.

If you want to rage about the bunch and supposed lack of dignity, how about this? :Dhttp://www.oldie95.de/var/ezflow_site/storage/images/radiohh/nachrichten/sport/wm-2014/fotos/gute-stimmung-in-rio-das-ist-in-brasilien-los/multi-upload-images/oezil-poldie-shitstorm/43338633-1-ger-DE/Oezil-Poldie-Shitstorm_image_660.jpg

• SI Staff

So his interviewing style is..

No queiro hablar?

They walk on - I guess they don't want to talk. That's your answer. Can't get more effective to a negative question.

Or... Eine Frage bitte?

You just asked one, so you're out.

FWIW....

NBA's media rules that went into effect this season: http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/23752970/nba-has-updated-the-media-guidelines-for-the-201314-season

NFL's media relations policy: http://www.profootballwriters.org/nfl-media-policy/

Archived