Champions of Europe 2012/13 Thread

Philip Rolfe

Josemi, Gonzalez, Kromkamp, Voronin, Babel, Itandje, Degen, Keane, Riera, Morientes, Dossena, Nunez, Paletta, Insua, Cavalieri, Ngog :p

Voronin, Itandje, Degen we all make mistakes!!!!

Josemo, Babel, Paletta, Insua, young players had some alright potential, none of them have really done that well.

Morientes could have been a class signing, just did not work out for him. Keane could have been a decent signing, same with Riera, who i thought was okay.

Gonzalez and Kromkamp were just not good enough.

Meh, i'm bored :p

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was enjoying this season more than any I can remember of late, what a joke this club is sometimes. Will be playing in red and relocating soon enough if it makes Torres feel better. Win the Club World Cup and finish 4th and season can end tomorrow, so as long as Benitez goes (and brings Torres with him). Will be giving it to Benitez on Sunday and hope we do all season. Not welcome in the slightest, never will be.

Di Matteo's LMA statement dignified as ever also. Legend.

Which of Matri, Quags and Vucinic do you want least geo? We'll give you 5M + Torres for one.Sky Italia reporting Didier's coming back on loan (probably to sit on the bench while Torres stinks the place up...)
I think we'll sell Matri at the end of this season. Quagliarella is in the line as well, but it depends if he keeps scoring goals. The Montenegrin is untouchable.If we go through the group stage in the Champions League, we may be able to get a better striker in January. But I hope Bendtner will show his class and score 20 goals.On the side note, I still believe Torres isn't beyond repair.

As if he will be in charge of transfers :D

Rafa bought good players it's the players he got for free or cost 1-2 million that were poor. I know he signed aqualuni, Johnson etc but was told by hicks and gillet he could only buy from clubs that owed us money. Liverpool sold crouch to Portsmouth and riise to Roma.

Rafa wanted David villa £7 million but rick parry said it was too much for a player who was not an international

Sergio aguero £15 million but rik parry said was too much for an 18 year old

Bought mascherano when he couldn't get in the west ham team

Reina, Skrtel, agger, Lucas, alonso, Garcia. I know he bought poor players but lets face it you don't often get good players for under £3 million.

Don't get me wrong his main aim is not to lose rather than win and will make you tough to beat he isn't gung no he likes to play on the counter but you can't say he buys rubbish players or he is a poor manager. Won Spanish title with Valencia twice, Uefa cup, won champions league with poor liverpool team and another final along with at least one other semi. I think he is more suited to European football than premiership myself.

tcoleman has finally turned against Torres!? He must be playing really bad now!

:D

I turned on him a while ago tbf. I was overly supportive of him probably for the first year of him playing and had some hope right at the start of the season. Now though it's not just the fact he's playing bad it looks like for £175k a week he can't be bothered. Insane.

Why can't we just apologise to Clattenburg and put this mess behind us? We have a chance to still come out looking alright from this if we do, plus compensation isn't a problem. The club had to report the incident if the players complained, no sane person can argue against that but we should have handled it better and we should apologise. Not a massive fan of Gourlay et al over the past few months of incidents. Still don't understand why we didn't just tell Terry we were replacing him as captain. Then he would just be captain without the armband as I doubt he would keep quiet on the pitch after.

What would you like us to apologise for? Making a well intentioned complaint after a player felt he had been mistreated?

If we hadn't made our stance public, I have no doubt the media and brainy football fans would have portrayed us as covering up a new racist scandal. I think we've handled this a lot better than the Terry saga.

I think the club should apologise, it sounds like a misunderstanding. By apologising I'm guessing they don't agree with the police and FA that it was a misunderstanding and the club hold a grudge against him. Apologise and put the whole mess in the past.

Whilst I still don't really see the logic of sacking Robbie now, it was clear Roman didn't really want to give him the job in the first place as he's not a big enough name and I think Rafa will do well. Really not that bothered any more though, been drifting away from supporting the club for years now. Used to go quite regularly but haven't been for years now and probably never will again. It's not just the recent mess, just don't really feel any connection to the club any more.

Cole and Lampard off at the end of the season. End of an era for Champions League team. Rafa reveals Lampard and Cole will leave Chelsea at the end of season. More on Mail Online.Before Rafa gets it in the neck from Chelsea fans, he made it clear the decision on Lampard and Cole has been taken above: Mr A.

Archived