Champions of Europe 2012/13 Thread

Philip Rolfe

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should have won that game even though we didn't play too well. Sturridge could have had a hattrick or at least 2 goals. Also possible handball by Olsson (I think) in the first half could have been given as a penalty. He put his arms by his side but did move them towards the ball. Anyway, doesn't matter we should have done better.

Some one should investigate this guy to see whether he is part of a betting scandal to perform **** every game. How do you turn so **** when you were a world class striker at Liverpool. He is still young and you would have thought this season with our attacking talent he would perform much better but no, same old player. It goes on Italy where players take part in these scandals, maybe that could be a reason to come to my mind of why he can't score. Not the fact that he does not score, he plays crap and slows the team down. The annoying thing amongst us Chelsea fans is that it is not like we are just making lame excuses and insults at Torres. The majority of fans on this forum and general fans away from the forums knew we should never go into the season with Torres as our no.1 striker, we all wanted Falcao, Cavani.... but no the board was under this illusion that Drogba going was going to free Torres mind and turn him into a goalscoring God... well no, didnt work out and the board, whoever decision it was to stick with Torres and Sturridge as our only 2 fit strikers should be blamed. It is ludicrous and now every single staff at Chelsea realizes Torres is **** they decide that January Falcao is our no.1 target where if we had just spent the money in January we wouldnt be in this situation.

It is crazy the amount of games I can just predict Torres will start but not do a damn thing, same again today and tbh I can;t blame RDM when he is forced to stick with Torres, I am sure if he had his way he would of gone and spent on another striker.

Don't even need just Falcao, just someone who can score and will make runs for when the 3 amigos have the ball. Torres is lazy and can't score, the 2 worst attributes. Someone like Higuain should be available and for considerably less, anyone around that level will be good.

Torres lasted just 63 minutes before Di Matteo was forced to withdraw him from the firing line at the Hawthorns and he looks set to resume the bench warming duties that became his stable diet last season in Chelsea's biggest game of the season so far.

"If I believe it is the right thing to do for the team, then yeah, I will leave him out," Di Matteo said. "When we moved Daniel Sturridge up there, he looked a danger. He had a very good chance saved by the keeper and another put wide. He was always a threat to the defence. We need to score goals, this is clear."

Well done!

A small dressing room row after losing against West Brom. Hopefully it is not something serious as we go Juventus.

Chelsea defender David Luiz has confirmed that voices were raised in the Blues' dressing room after their 2-1 defeat against West Bromwich Albion at the Hawthorns made it four Premier League games without a victory.

BBC Radio Five Live and other media outlets reported that furious rows involving manager Roberto Di Matteo, staff and players could be heard in the aftermath of the loss.

Reports said shouting could be heard in the nearby home dressing room and the corridor outside as players, believed to include goalkeeper Petr Cech, voiced their anger about the defensive frailties that led to the defeat.

One club employee was reportedly heard saying: "Call yourselves a Champions League-winning side and you can't beat them?" A player apparently yelled: "That's rubbish, and you know it."

Luiz said: "We were upset and angry, disappointed because we should have won the game.

"There were raised voices. It's normal. This is a big club and we don't like to lose games. But all we can do now is look ahead to the next game."

"It's not good at the moment, because we started the season at the top of the league. But all the big teams have come to West Brom and it has not been easy for them.

I dunno why people keep talking about a Torres/Falcao swap deal, it isn't going to happen for the simple fact is that Atletico would never be able to afford Torres wages these days. If Chelsea want Falcao they'll just have to stump up the cash like everyone else. As much as a Torres for Falcao swap deal seems to make sense logistically it just would never work.

I dunno why people keep talking about a Torres/Falcao swap deal, it isn't going to happen for the simple fact is that Atletico would never be able to afford Torres wages these days. If Chelsea want Falcao they'll just have to stump up the cash like everyone else. As much as a Torres for Falcao swap deal seems to make sense logistically it just would never work.

Unless Torres fancies taking a nice pay-cut :D

Big game tonight as it is on Sunday. I think Sturridge to start up front but have no idea who will be playing behind him. Some rumours he may drop Hazard to the bench but who knows. If Sturridge plays well then it would be good to see him there again come Sunday.

• Administrators
No reason to drop Hazard unless he is tired. Was the scorer last game afterall.

Tactical; Lichtsteiner destroyed us down the right in the first leg because he didn't help Cole. Bertrand will help that side much more.

Play Hazard inside instead of Mata if you wanna keep Hazard in the team for this game.

• Administrators

I don't want both. If they had a good partnership it'd be 99% Falcao anyway.

The end is nigh for Torres though, thankfully. Di Matteo's persisted with him for some 40 games now (just off my head as a figure), he's not cut it, and we're gonna see him roll with alternatives until he can get a new guy in.

The end is nigh for Torres though, thankfully. Di Matteo's persisted with him for some 40 games now (just off my head as a figure), he's not cut it, and we're gonna see him roll with alternatives until he can get a new guy in.

Can never accuse RDM of not giving him the chance

If i remember correctly, Hazard was anonymous as AMC against WB, as soon as he went left and Sturridge came in the middle immediately we started creating chances. I would like to see Moses as CF. And he was the best dribbler last game, always threatened when he dribbled from the wing to inside the box. Can do the same if he plays as striker thus lettings our other excellent players Hazard, Mata, Oscar get in goalscoring positions. This is what Torres should be doing atleast but doesn't.

If i remember correctly, Hazard was anonymous as AMC against WB, as soon as he went left and Sturridge came in the middle immediately we started creating chances. I would like to see Moses as CF. And he was the best dribbler last game, always threatened when he dribbled from the wing to inside the box. Can do the same if he plays as striker thus lettings our other excellent players Hazard, Mata, Oscar get in goalscoring positions. This is what Torres should be doing atleast but doesn't.

Moses at CF would take away what is good about his game. He's better wide attacking a full back than he would be in the centre. Hazard and Mata swapping up top with Moses wide is better, although still not perfect.

Archived