Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

Retro

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Theo goes we are definitely not fine out wide. Even with Theo we are not fine out wide. Unless a season of Gervinho starting every game sounds fine to you?

Afellay is terrible. Injury prone and just really average at football.

I quite like podolski on the right wing and the ox on the left wing, but yes, you are right, there is no backup for them

Yeah. This is basically last summer but in reverse. If Theo goes we need a starting winger and a starting midfielder. As well as a squad player or two.

If that all happens then yeah fine, we've strengthened. But the likelihood of that happening? Very slim indeed.

Btw, potential bid for Sinclair do we reckon?

Sinclair is young and cheap....so that fits the bill for wenger. I'd say £8mil could get him to the gunners. but HE has got to want it too. he may not want to live in london, or nearby

Young, cheap, proven in the Premier League and we need another homegrown player if Theo goes. Far too sensible. We will stick with Gnarby.

And exactly Crazy. Tall and black = steel. Small and white = creativity. Ah racial stereotypes.

Michael Laudrup says Scott Sinclair's move to Manchester City could still materialise, despite Swansea turning down a £6.2million offer from the Premier League champions.

so that's gonna slow that potential signing for us then, and it will probably never happen now

How can an Arsenal fan have not heard of Gnarby? Baffling.

Eisfeld was the German midfield who scored a couple of goals in pre season, Gnarby is the 16/17 year old kid who played in the Koln game. German midfielder who Wenger is convinced will be the GOAT. Talking about him in wonderkid terms already.

It's getting closer and closer to deadline day, the rumours are getting more and more mad, heard one earlier saying Marca reporting Vilanova wants to sell Fabregas and we apparently have a 35M buy-back clause that's still active :D

What's next? Cazorla comes out and says he'd love to play with Cesc for Arsenal, Theo claims Cesc would be a great signing, Frimpong declaring Cesc has Arsenal DNA :D

The Real Madrid Daily claiming disharmomy at Barca? Whatever could inspire them to do that?

Gnabry is Wenger's next big thing, rates him really highly, should get some CC action this year.

Just thinking back to Wilshere, when did he make his first pre-season push? And when he did, what did he do the following year? I have a suspicion he played some CC games (scored against Sheff Utd) and then was a back up player (Bolton loan the year after?) but I'm not sure.

Think we may see Gnabry do the same as Wilshere (providing he doesn't get injured).

Goodbye Theo, the asset striping continues. Very cleverly masked this year by signing the replacements before the clubs biggest assets were sold but the theme remains the same.

you dont reckon theo will stay? to be honest, I think sinclair would be a good replacement for him

you dont reckon theo will stay? to be honest, I think sinclair would be a good replacement for him

Many players would be a good replacement for him. But hello, the season has started and the window shuts in 2 days.

When will this board ever learn??

I don't have any faith in AW to bring in a GK, DM, RB, Striker and now a winger in 2 days.

Laughable.

Many players would be a good replacement for him. But hello, the season has started and the window shuts in 2 days.

When will this board ever learn??

I don't have any faith in AW to bring in a GK, DM, RB, Striker and now a winger in 2 days.

Laughable.

I'd agree. not making excuses for him at all. They have had plenty of time to sort walcott, RVP, AND song out. If they did things properly, the club wouldn't be how it is now! and Wenger complains about the transfer window encroaching into the start of the season, so surely if it bother him that much, he should sort his business out beforehand! It is ridiculous, and almost embarrassing that important things like this get left until the last minute!

If we intended to extend his contract it would be done by now. The liquidators and their puppet Wenger have engineered yet another situation where they 'have no choice'.

If we intended to extend his contract it would be done by now. The liquidators and their puppet Wenger have engineered yet another situation where they 'have no choice'.

they have been "trying" to sort his contract for months. they just allowed it to drag on. now the ball is in walcott's court and he can either stay at arsenal in his bit-part role, or go to another club and get paid the same for a bigger role, or get paid more for the same role at another club...

why do i support arsenal again?? ah yes, to keep my butt firmly on the ground and learn to never get my hopes up

they have been "trying" to sort his contract for months. they just allowed it to drag on. now the ball is in walcott's court and he can either stay at arsenal in his bit-part role, or go to another club and get paid the same for a bigger role, or get paid more for the same role at another club...

why do i support arsenal again?? ah yes, to keep my butt firmly on the ground and learn to never get my hopes up

Bit part player? He was our most effective player last season behind Van Persie.

My issue with this is fine if he wants a big new contract at 100k a week make the deadline earlier don't create the issue now. This should have been dealt with before this month. There is no way we should consider paying him that sort of money

I am slightly jealous of Spurs transfer activity. Might even add Lloris to their first 11, they're dangerous, showing ambition in the transfer market.

They sell their best player, replace him well STRAIGHT away. Our replacements appear to be players we thought were being added to the quality.

They've managed to build themselves a very strong starting eleven, better than ours on paper? Probs is for me.

Just frustrating really, battle for 4th won't be easy. Hope they excite us in these final days, probs won't. MAYBE I'm OVERREACTING?

I understand why you might feel a bit jealous of Spurs. Then you remember that Spurs fans are supporting Spurs, and so you go home and hug your parents and thank the Gods for sparing you from such horrible fate...

According to Wilson of the Telegraph Walcott won't be leaving but won't at this current moment in time sign a new deal.

We are pretty much losing him on a free then as if he is not signing now he never will.

Will be at liverpool next season.

I really thought we'd see some actual transfer activity INTO Arsenal today in light of the recent shambles from the usual suspects.

Nothing.

Not a fecking thing.

we get it, you dont like Wenger or the board, do you have to mention it everytime there's a bit of transfer news

Archived